questions for Nevil

Man, it is like Christmas for the pot nerds!!

Please, more info on the acquisition and breeding of more of the strains we have come to love!!

This rocks.

After the first batch of '69 Haze seeds only produced 1 plant, I decided to plant the rest. This produced 5 plants A,B,C,D and E.
Plants B,D and E were females, of which B was the best. I tried all possible combinations and the best was B x C. BC was actually grown commercially alongside 5HzC1, so it was a 10/11 week plant. This fact alone indicated that HzB was a Haze Hybrid to something early. I suspect that most of BC's quality came from Dad.
I planted the rest of the old seeds. One came out. O for Omega. It was a 1970 seed. I suspected that it was only 25% Haze with one parent being Indica. It too did not really pan out.
The males were the "goods". Without those two plants, I think that all would have been lost. If I'd only kept a cutting of the first female, whose genotype was closer to male A. I'm start to get that sad feeling again.

Ah well, you can be thankful that the seeds fell into my hands, otherwise you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
N.

Last edited:
Is this the same Haze B used in Mr Nice's La Nina? LN is what I am smoking tonight and it is probably my favorite, well LN and SSH.

wow this is great info

what i would give to be able to sit in a room and talk for hours , hell for days with nevil and shanti

thanks you two and please keep posting

as for earlier , nevil you mentioned,,,,, "As to the Future, if there is support enough, maybe I'll come out and do a bit more work."

HELL YES ! and i myself and id bet 99.9% of the other members here would give their right arm to help in the testing stages

Did Simon from Serious Seeds use your genetics for the Kali Mist which he offered before 2000? This was the best "haze" offered in ADam since the Nl/Haze from 91-93 IMO. Unfortunately Simon "improved" the variety and it lost its unique qualities since then, albeit now it is easier to grow. :/ Seems the one thing common to all passionate gardeners is we all lost something we loved at one time or another. I lost a Bubba Kush cut I loved so much I named my rottweiler Bubba after it. Everytime I start to talk about it I stop myself like I'm talking about a child I lost with someone who could not possibly understand my pain. Thanks for being open enough to show the common ground YOU have with knuckleheads like myself. Thanks for sharing your pain, apparently it is a universal in our line of work that can not be avoided, not even by "the king of cannabis."

I don't know what other seed breeders are doing, but let me ask you this?
If the '69 haze seeds grown in the U.S. is the only source of real haze, and I could only get 6 to germinate in 85/86. and Sam, for all his bluster, hasn't come up with the goods from the last of those seeds, how could anyone come up with viable seed in 2000?
I smoked Kali Mist It was nice, reminded me a lot of mine.

Understood. Thanks. IMO the original Kali was some Haze C male hybrid, ALOT like yours indeed. Also IMO the infamous Arcata Trainwreck (which comes from Oregon) is a fast flowering SSH cut that used to float around under a different name a few years back (maybe 10 or so). Funny how the name game is played in major cannabis markets. Here is a peek at the next greatest strain name of California, KeyLimeCush (WOW that just sounds delicious does'nt it, it
MUST be good with a name like that). Its brand new, but its been around for a decade or so under a much less popular name. Huh?

Hi Neville have you got any plans on the go for the near future?? Oh and the mexican haze from the dam is that from your genetics as well if you know ta.

That's some authoritative cannabis history being expounded right there.;)

I'm quoting this stuff over at ICMAG and guess what...not one response. They're like stunned mullet.

I don't know if there'll be a rebuttal, but I expect my posts to be pulled at any minute. Too much like dynamite me thinks.

SSH, Jack Herrer, Diesel - hahaha

Thanks Nev.

As to the Future, if there is support enough, maybe I'll come out and do a bit more work.
N.

how can anyone not support you Nevil you made so Meany strains that become favorites of just about everyone. you and shanti are the best in the world at what you do breed good strains of cannabis. so please keep on doing it now because if you dont we will of lost the best there ever has been. now that's a sad day i think most will agree. just thinking about it makes me feel like you do when you talk about that old haze plant you first grow. come on Nevil give us something new. a new strain from you would be something special to grow i think most will agree 100%. come out Nevil do some more breeding. the cannabis world as missed you and you ability to make strain that stand above the rest. i personal think it about time you come back and took your crown back from the self proclaimed king of cannabis arjan. i mean can he actually breed anything? all i see in the greenhouse seeds is other people strains in fem form and fancy colours seeds and he thinks he's the best breeding in the world. i used to grow a lot of gh stuff from the 90s mostly shanti's stuff from the white family. but greenhouse now sell mighty midget versions of them with out the high and taste. do you think this is from bad breeding or inbreeding to much? ether way i am glad we have the old king of cannabis back and hopefully doing your thing again as you have the support you wont i would say you have always had it its never gone.

Old School Hazes??

Hello Nevil,

I would like to ask you some questions concerning the so called "old school hazes" such as: A5Hz, C5Hz, G13Hz, AG13Hz, CG13Hz, Neville's Hz, DTH-Dutch Top Hz, Durban Hz, Hash Plant Hz. The term "old shool haze" is not really correct but when I posted my first post here at mns I called it old school haze cause the lineage goes back quite some years now. The name tended to start living it's own life here at mns and other forums and some people like it others hate it, it tends to go like that with human beings doesn't it...

Is the A5Hz made out of NL5Hz x HzA?

The C5Hz made out of NL5Hz x HzC?

AG13 = G13xHzA?

CG13 = G13xHzC?

If this is correct there will be a new C5 coming cause I've ordered the new NL5Hz x HzC . Can't wait to pop one of them and compare the old and new line.

Are the OSHzs more wild than the new lines of hybrids? The veg grow of the OSH's for example is quite bigger than veg growth of the new hybrids.

If there is a chance on germinating old HzA seeds I can just say that if I can do anything to help, let me know.

Kind regards,
Y. Sam

Last edited:
Hi Y. Sam
It looks like somebody changed the order on the labels.
NL5 x HzC
NL5 x HzA
G13 x HzC
G13 x HzA
is what they had if it came from J.
Hope that this clears things up.

Hey.... I've only been growing cannabis for two years now.... and been a member of MNS for a short time. I have been growing primarily Indica's. All this talk is getting me into the Haze craze.... Does anybody got a good link for info... I need to start at the beginning

G13

This is for Nevil or Shanti...

Is the G13 mother used in your crosses actually G13/Skunk - so the G13/Haze is actually G13/Skunk x Haze? Please clarify. Thanks

After the first batch of '69 Haze seeds only produced 1 plant, I decided to plant the rest. This produced 5 plants A,B,C,D and E.
Plants B,D and E were females, of which B was the best. I tried all possible combinations and the best was B x C. BC was actually grown commercially alongside 5HzC1, so it was a 10/11 week plant. This fact alone indicated that HzB was a Haze Hybrid to something early. I suspect that most of BC's quality came from Dad.
I planted the rest of the old seeds. One came out. O for Omega. It was a 1970 seed. I suspected that it was only 25% Haze with one parent being Indica. It too did not really pan out.
The males were the "goods". Without those two plants, I think that all would have been lost. If I'd only kept a cutting of the first female, whose genotype was closer to male A. I'm start to get that sad feeling again.

Ah well, you can be thankful that the seeds fell into my hands, otherwise you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
N.

thankyou soo much ,this is priceless info

amazing you had 4/5 females if O was also female out of 7

id love to know what happened with BC did you ever release her ?will you ever release her ?
currently this is the only possible combination of a pure haze according to the reports of the only survivng haze parents alive id love too see this

SAMS has claimed you sold pure haze an he asked you not too ,ive never seen proof of this no listings claims nada,did you ever release a pure haze such as BC?

i understand ,im feelings bad i could only imagine yourself

It looks like somebody changed the order on the labels.
NL5 x HzC
NL5 x HzA
G13 x HzC
G13 x HzA
is what they had if it came from J.
Hope that this clears things up

most appreciated ,im curious to the more rare hazes such as durban haze DTH ,neville haze,C1,A2

the nl5haze is seemed to be tagged nevilles haze in the early days ,im curious to kno the lineage of the nevilles haze of the old (pre 98)yosemite and a few others speak of, an old quote below

quoted fuzzy donlop
hi to all fellow haze growers, back in 1988 we used to grow out nevils seedbank strain haze crossed northern lights. she would take up to 14 weeks to flower and was commonley known as nevils haze rather than her original breeders name

also curious about the name 3/4 haze was this just the name before you labeled her after yourself ?

ive seen the name on a few occasions

always appreciated

1luvbigherb

Hi all

hi Neville

Nice to read all those bits of history and all the breeding details, thanks for sharing all with us.
Below here is a list with some of your lines a member from another forum had received and posted in the past that got my attention due to all the haze offerings.There is "HZC2" listed as well as "HZ2 x 5ac 2" and I would like to ask what are the differences between HZC2 and HZ2 if any?
swazi x swazi-'88 -200
SA B* x sa 1^ -50
HZC2 x5AC 3^ -50
HAW SAT x HZC -200
HZC2 -200
HZ2 x 5ac 2^ -50
HZC2 x 5AC1^-50
HP x HZA -100
5SKC1 x 5A2C(A)-150
HP.1 x SK7 M 7.1 -150
SK185 (1)* x SK185^ '88-50
5SKC1 x 5A1(E) -50
5SKC1 x HzC2A -150
5SKC1 x 5A2C (B)^-150
SK17 x HZA^ -150
5SKC1 x 5A2C(c)^-150
5SKC1 x 5A2C(d)^-100
ORT x ORT '88-150
EP^'89 xEP*'87 '03-85
DURBAN x HZC -100
G 13 x HZC '90 -1000
HP x HZA -100
thanks
l33t

HzC2 is the HzCmale feminised and crossed with itself, i.e. Haze squared.
Hz2 looks like a typo for the above.
N.

What I think is important, is that we have some very old seeds, with some rather exclusive genetics and we have to save what we can. The most promising lead that I could come up with is this:- http://blip.tv/file/3881270/
I'd like you to look at this and tell me what you think. If you have other idea's how to pump some life into old seeds, I'm willing to entertain them. Maybe we need to sacrifice some virgins or something. (just joking)
N.

Hey Nev , here is the info on old seed germination I had came across , let me know what you think of it if you want

''Metabolic activities in germinated ancient lotus seeds'' : http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/47/4/577.pdf In the above paper it is mentioned that seeds were pretreated with sulphuric acid:''Pretreatment with concentrated sulphuric acid for 6 h promoted 75% of the seeds tested to germinate.''

Not sure if this can be as successfully done with old cannabis seeds but sounds interesting to try.

Some more info on the subject:''2000 year old Date seed germination'' :http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/12/in...=1&oref=slogin

By the way what hempy posted on the forums about the old seed germination and the 'food'/'liquid'(endosperm) between the seed enbryo going dry and causing probs with old seed cracking is pretty valid . Here is some interesting info on the subject I had posted in the forums some time ago.

'Endosperm Weakening to regulate germination
rates':http://www.seedbiology.de/germination.asp
I 've read numerous times in articles on old/ancient seed germination that Gibberellins (GA) promotes endosperm weakening, increasing germination rates, some info posted by Medieval Reefer over gardenscure site:
"Have found some info from www.super-grow.biz/GA3FAQ.jsp#germination
-How Do I Use Gibberellic Acid (GA3) To Improve Seed Germination?
-Gibberellic Acid will improve seed germination. The generally used method is to prepare a gibberellic acid (GA3) liquid solution and to soak the seeds in it for 24 hours; the GA3 concentration should be in the range of 100-250 PPM.One manufacturer (1) of gibberellic acid products recommends first trying a concentration of 50 PPM.One botanist used Gibberellic Acid when successfully germinating 2,000 year old seeds from an extinct plant (2).
''

Back