questions for Nevil

Hi crew,

I have a mate that is in out of Lagos. He is a native Nigerian from the Yuroba tribe.

Any thoughts on where we should collectively ask him to look (what area)? He is a toker but not cultured in the selection process.

CM

That whole region of west africa is covered in cannabis, Ghana, Nigeria, it grows all over the place wild, saw some good info posted on icamg last year about that part of the world, in short, it said cannabis grew profusely almost everywhere.

That Afropips Nigerian should be really nice.

I have a load of seeds I made with a reeferman Nigerian Nightmare male, never got round to growing any though.

That whole region of west africa is covered in cannabis, Ghana, Nigeria, it grows all over the place wild, saw some good info posted on icamg last year about that part of the world, in short, it said cannabis grew profusely almost everywhere.

That Afropips Nigerian should be really nice.

I have a load of seeds I made with a reeferman Nigerian Nightmare male, never got round to growing any though.

Seasons greetings BH,

Africa is vast indeed...

I think that our community is limited now a days because we believe that our land races need to be ordered from a seed bank, or selected and hybridized by them before we order. No disrespect to Nev or Pips... but we are niche community so who the hell is getting on the next flight!!!

If anyone is more inclined with Nigerian geography, kindly let me know, I will send a fellow brother to search out what we seek. I think I will just google satellite some topography and put two and two together.

And on that note, who is up for Kabul Redeux.... I think Rimmeo is in! lol...

As to the NN, kindly pm a brother if you are interested in a tester.

All the best for 2011,

CM

I don't need testers cos I will probably never do any work with them but you are more than welcome to a selection of the beans, Pm me.

I have difficulties travelling if it involves airports and aircraft, sadly, I have done some hunting in Mexico and Egypt in the past and it's very very dangerous to go looking for growers in such places, same is true everywhere apart from the possible exception of Morocco where you can just drive to Ketama and everyone will offer to take you to a farm.

The places i would want to go and look for landraces are highly dangerous and pretty much off-limits, sadly. Colombian, Hawaii, Jamaica, Thailand, those places are good for a holiday but no good for finding landraces these days. For me, the four places still worth a look for sure would be NE India/Burma region, central Africa, south central Asia and Iran. None of those are safe and all would require mounting an expedition.

I don't need testers cos I will probably never do any work with them but you are more than welcome to a selection of the beans, Pm me.

I have difficulties travelling if it involves airports and aircraft, sadly, I have done some hunting in Mexico and Egypt in the past and it's very very dangerous to go looking for growers in such places, same is true everywhere apart from the possible exception of Morocco where you can just drive to Ketama and everyone will offer to take you to a farm.

The places i would want to go and look for landraces are highly dangerous and pretty much off-limits, sadly. Colombian, Hawaii, Jamaica, Thailand, those places are good for a holiday but no good for finding landraces these days. For me, the four places still worth a look for sure would be NE India/Burma region, central Africa, south central Asia and Iran. None of those are safe and all would require mounting an expedition.

Cheers BH, I think I may take you up on the offer and if you wish I can post up here or MSC and we can see what you created. Might be something nice there...

Egypt was great. I found good fortune in Dahab on the red sea. Bud too, not hash... but not fields, just "bag seed" to carry back with me.

I was able to crack a bean from 2005 a few months back. She is female and I am finally ready to flower. I am hoping to flower out alongside Nevil.

I think Pakistan and Afghanistan are on my to-do list for sure. Just cant figure out how to leave my family and plants for more than 24 hours, lol!

Take care,

C

Attachments

• Dahab Sativa Sept 232010 (9).jpg
    Dahab Sativa Sept 232010 (9).jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 16
Kangativa is currently growing a Ghanaian that he is quite taken with. I think Africa, I think trippy, shamanic, one cola weed...

Shit Male gone Wild

Nevil, I currently have 12 Shit males flowering, but I noticed today one has female sexual organs. Im no breeding expert, so I thought I would ask your opinion on what to do with it. Have you ever experimented with such plants before?

Thanks for any input you can offer me.

Attachments

• Sh1t Male Hermie.jpg
    Sh1t Male Hermie.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Sh1t Male Hermie 2.jpg
    Sh1t Male Hermie 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 18
  • Sh1t Male Hermie 3.jpg
    Sh1t Male Hermie 3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Nevil, I currently have 12 Shit males flowering, but I noticed today one has female sexual organs. Im no breeding expert, so I thought I would ask your opinion on what to do with it. Have you ever experimented with such plants before?

Thanks for any input you can offer me.
Don't destroy that plant. I've found that some of the dankest plants have this attribute in the males. Many violently disagree. I'm breeding with these to see. If you keep it it will take little in the way of resources and you may be throwing away a great genetic store house. Of course it could just be "shit". :)
Look at this thread I made. It shows an easy way to collect pollen and store pollen with little trouble. Make 20 or so seeds with the pollen on each plant then run them to see.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199384
You lose little trying this but may gain a great deal. Let me know how it works out.

Don't destroy that plant. I've found that some of the dankest plants have this attribute in the males. Many violently disagree. I'm breeding with these to see. If you keep it it will take little in the way of resources and you may be throwing away a great genetic store house. Of course it could just be "shit". :)
Look at this thread I made. It shows an easy way to collect pollen and store pollen with little trouble. Make 20 or so seeds with the pollen on each plant then run them to see.
A good way of collecting and storing pollen - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
You lose little trying this but may gain a great deal. Let me know how it works out.

Ive taken two cuttings of it, and I hope they will root. If not, I will reveg the plant.

Im looking to find a male to pair with my lady from Sams O.Haze x Skunk #1. It'll be my first hybrid. I like to experiment anyways, so Ill pollinate my lady with some of his pollen and grow out a small batch in the future and see how it turns out.

Hopefully Nevil will chime in and give me some advice. Thanks for yours.

Excellent. Glad you saved it. I've got some super resined males that I'm going to run the crosses this spring. I pollinated the female with the resinated male and pollen from a normal male of the same strain. Run them side by side and see.

I'd like to answer all of your questions, but I am a reluctant one finger typist. If we were sitting around having a smoke you could ask me anything you want. I will limit myself to what I think is important. I'll finish the haze story yet because I can imagine that You think it's important. I would if I were you too.

What I think is important, is that we have some very old seeds, with some rather exclusive genetics and we have to save what we can. The most promising lead that I could come up with is this:- Pyraphi:Fractal Field Actual Life Force Pyramid Capacitor with Dan Winter - Fractal Field - blip.tv
I'd like you to look at this and tell me what you think. If you have other idea's how to pump some life into old seeds, I'm willing to entertain them. Maybe we need to sacrifice some virgins or something. (just joking)
N.

That video is too funny ... Awesome.

And while its a good chuckle, ive actually heard about the pyramid thing really working. Apparently another group tried this and they grew giant fruits and vegetables meanwhile the neighbors harvests were terrible.

If i come across the video ill post it but all kidding aside, ,might work .. Hey you never know.

Anybody have some time on their hands, a spare pyramid and is willing to run an experiment? :)

Dont knock it til you try it :)

Honestly though, who has a spare pyramid lying around :) haha

Its funny too because as crazy and out there an idea this pyramid thing is, i mean its damn near laughable ... I have actually heard several reports of this working. As well i heard if you sit under a pyramid or in one, your pynial gland vibrates in a more natural frequency and you can transend the typical human state of conciousness.

:)

Last edited:
Well, just finished reading this thread ... Epic!

Nevil ... Pleasure to meet you sir. Hats off to you for accomplishments, but moreover, bless you for your noble essence. I think everyone here would agree that sharing is caring and you take the cake man!

As BigHerb has eluded too, your NH, Nl5, Mango, and Silver are the only genetics ive come across, ever, that can even compare to the fine, original, and nowadays extremely rare, uptown NYC haze(s). When i lived in NY a decade ago, forget about it, that uptown haze was and is the pinacle, especially the frankies and the church cuts.

Im not here to talk about that though, my point simply is, its apparent you have your ducks all in a row when it comes to selection. The same acolade goes to you Shanti.

I am truly honored to be part of this forum. What a great group you all are ... Leet, BigHerb, Sam, and all of you, thanks you all for brightening my day, and dang Nevil,i cant wait until you finish that holy grail ... You make me proud to be a human Nevil, keep it up, youre the breath of fresh air, keep it up boss!

And i apologize, no specific question for Nevil at this point ...just wanted to b.s. briefly

Cheers

One love!

Are you thinking embryo's from old seed grown in agar? Hmmm, there may be something to this idea.
N.

Hi Nevil,

Yes, the embryo can be removed and grown, with the aid of different "chemicals". It should work, in theory. I personally, have not done it myself, but I have seen it done first hand and I know, according to what chemicals you use, you can manipulate the plantlets in many different ways, whether male to female, cleaning the plant of any systemic diseases or viruses on the cellular level, germination of old stock, crossing plants with protoplast fusion, and several others.

Here's a link I found: Plant tissue culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's definately something to look into, I think it's where the future is headed and just like any technology it can be used for just as much bad as good, but it can still be used in a positive way and it has a lot of advantages. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back