What are you eating today? edible thread.

THIS, THAT, and THE OTHER THING.

THIS
opt_This.jpeg

THAT
opt_That.jpeg

and THE OTHER THING

opt_The Other THing.jpeg

Thought I'd better get a picture of these before I eat them all! Hmmmm, yummy. This was a trial run to make some CBD painkilling gummies to help ease the pain in my arm as I allergic to all opioids. Which leaves me with nothing for pain relief except whiskey.

My arm - this one is going to be sore for a while.
elbo.jpeg

Here is a question for y'all out there. I was looking at a chart explaining the benefits of THC-A, THC, CBD-A, and CBD. According to this chart, CBD-A was the only one suggested as really good for relieving pain. Of course, this leaves me wondering if I should decarb the CBD Shark Shock I grew this year or not. Does anyone have experience with making CBD edibles and decarbing or not. I suppose I could try it both ways to see what I think but I would also like to hear other people's experience with this.

The CBD Shark Shock does help with the pain by just smoking it but I am hoping that by getting it in my bloodstream thru edibles that the pain relieving effect will last longer. I also grew some Medicine Man which also relieves the pain a bit but not quite as much as the CBD SS. The Medicine Man I will decarb for edibles as it has more THC. Thanks in advance to anyone who may offer up some comments about making CBD edibles. :)

Longball

Last edited:

THIS
View attachment 69390

THAT
View attachment 69392

and THE OTHER THING

View attachment 69393

Thought I'd better get a picture of these before I eat them all! Hmmmm, yummy. This was a trial run to make some CBD painkilling gummies to help ease the pain in my arm as I allergic to all opioids. Which leaves me with nothing for pain relief except whiskey.

View attachment 69394

Here is a question for y'all out there. I was looking at a chart explaining the benefits of THC-A, THC, CBD-A, and CBD. According to this chart, CBD-A was the only one suggested as really good for relieving pain. Of course, this leaves me wondering if I should decarb the CBD Shark Shock I grew this year or not. Does anyone have experience with making CBD edibles and decarbing or not. I suppose I could try it both ways to see what I think but I would also like to hear other people's experience with this.

The CBD Shark Shock does help with the pain by just smoking it but I am hoping that by getting it in my bloodstream thru edibles that the pain relieving effect will last longer. I also grew some Medicine Man which also relieves the pain a bit but not quite as much as the CBD SS. The Medicine Man I will decarb for edibles as it has more THC. Thanks in advance to anyome who may offer up some comments about making CBD edibles. :)

Longball

Holy shit! Speedy recovery man.

THIS
View attachment 69390

THAT
View attachment 69392

and THE OTHER THING

View attachment 69393

View attachment 69394

The CBD Shark Shock does help with the pain by just smoking it but I am hoping that by getting it in my bloodstream thru edibles that the pain relieving effect will last longer. I also grew some Medicine Man which also relieves the pain a bit but not quite as much as the CBD SS. The Medicine Man I will decarb for edibles as it has more THC. Thanks in advance to anyone who may offer up some comments about making CBD edibles. :)

Longball
I make CBD edibles, tinctures and cream.
Friends and family have had varied success, with some needing combo with THC. In my experience, real pain like your suffering needs THC along with CBD. I use the magical butter maker to make all of my edibles and tinctures and creams and it works great. I make a 50/50 combo cream using MedMan that a masseuse uses for her clients with great success stories. Cooking up again in a few days.
Decarbing is a good question and to date I’ve sided on decarbing. Raw is a growing industry but I understand a lot is needed. 🤙

Hello @Skuncle Lenny! :)

Thank you for chiming in. BTW, some awesome grows that you having been posting up. WOW! :love: While I will continue to seek information on decarbing CBD or not, I decided to decarb it . 1) I've always decarbed my THC pot, not sure if that is a good reason? 2) Each year I have to renew my Medical Marijuana Permit and the good Doctor is always saying that the 'entourage' effects of the THC, CBD, etc, is the most effective way to use medical marijuana in his opinion. That was a good reason I thought.

So far, simply smoking the MedMan and CBD Shark Shock has helped a bit with the pain, CBD SS working better. I think getting some CBD in my bloodstream would work better. I did make a batch of canna-oil but have not had time to make edibles yet. Well, I did soak some toothpicks in the CBD Shark Shock oil for a few hours so I do have some CBD toothpicks. They work a bit and they can even be used in church!

CBD Toothpicks
CSS TP 80 P1070605.jpg

It appears that I will be needing some CBD edibles, cream, salves, et all for the rest of my life. So @Skuncle Lenny you like the magic butter maker? I also grew some MedMan - any chance that you would share your super secret recipe for you 50/50 combo cream. I pretty sure some CBD cream or salve will be pretty good to rub on my elbow. Thanks for replying and Happy Growing! 🤪

Longball

Hello @Deach69! :)

No, that picture was from around August 1st.
More recent picture. You can see in the right picture where my humerus and ulnar bones had to be sawed off and the elbow removed. A metal 'elbow' is in there now. The humerus and ulnar bones had to be drilled out and you can see the metal spikes in the bones - these hold the 'elbow' in place. The 'chain' looking thing is something that was put in there as it was the only way to keep the humerus together. If you look closely you can see where both the humerus and ulnar bones were fractured and sawed off. The actual elbow was broke into at least 10 pieces, unfixable. The humerus and ulnar bones both poked out of my skin. The ulnar nerve had to be relocated and the cubital tunnel the ulnar nerve goes thru had to be rebulit. Nothing happened to the radius bone but some tendons and ligamments had to be removed and reattached afterwards to have room to do the surgery. It is still pretty sore there. Most medical people tell me they have never seen a elbow fractured so bad. Complete elbow restorations are pretty rare. Will never be able to pick up 10 lbs. for the rest of my life. Expecting lifelong 'discomfort' also. Hopefully, @Skuncle Lenny is listening in! ;) Got a Ultrasound this morning to see why the elbow is not moving so great and there is still pain/discomfort. Saw lots of bone chips, we were really looking for built up scar tissue. I'll know more when I see the actual surgeon. In the meantime, I need all the CBD I can get! Thanks for asking! :) It's a tender tale! Hopefully this will not affect my growing too much. If you can't shovel or lift 40lb bags of soil, I guess I will need a partner? Partneress? ;)
Cut Arm 1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello @Skuncle Lenny! :)

Thank you for chiming in. BTW, some awesome grows that you having been posting up. WOW! :love: While I will continue to seek information on decarbing CBD or not, I decided to decarb it . 1) I've always decarbed my THC pot, not sure if that is a good reason? 2) Each year I have to renew my Medical Marijuana Permit and the good Doctor is always saying that the 'entourage' effects of the THC, CBD, etc, is the most effective way to use medical marijuana in his opinion. That was a good reason I thought.

So far, simply smoking the MedMan and CBD Shark Shock has helped a bit with the pain, CBD SS working better. I think getting some CBD in my bloodstream would work better. I did make a batch of canna-oil but have not had time to make edibles yet. Well, I did soak some toothpicks in the CBD Shark Shock oil for a few hours so I do have some CBD toothpicks. They work a bit and they can even be used in church!

CBD Toothpicks
View attachment 69575

It appears that I will be needing some CBD edibles, cream, salves, et all for the rest of my life. So @Skuncle Lenny you like the magic butter maker? I also grew some MedMan - any chance that you would share your super secret recipe for you 50/50 combo cream. I pretty sure some CBD cream or salve will be pretty good to rub on my elbow. Thanks for replying and Happy Growing! 🤪

Longball
Txs for the grow compliment. I’m lucky to have the right home environment to allow for such.
of the few machines out there, I’ve had the magical butter maker for three years now, used regularly with no issues. The amount of recipes they have is endless on their website and their video. Education is very helpful.
Since we’re family, I’ll share, but details vary based on THC, CBD %, and volume.
Unrefined Coconut oil to infuse with plant, and my secret ingredient is Burt’s Bees salve. It’s filled with essential oils and beeswax, binding well with infused coco.
I’m doing a lot of MBM cooking the next few days infusing Everclear with THC, another with CBD, to make gummy‘s and candy, and MCT oil to infuse with CBG for tincture.
Cooking away
cooking away
cooking away now. 😁🤙☮️

@Skuncle Lenny: "Txs for the grow compliment."

Hello Skuncle Lenny! Thanks for sharing your grows with us! :) Also, thanks for sharing some of your super secret ideas for making CBD products. Have you ever used lecithin to help the THC molecues bind to the oil. I guess I need to find out if CBD molecues do the same thing. Down another rabbit hole I go! lol I also make infused dark chocolate, now I will try making it with CBD. CBG for tincture? Do you make the CBG yourself?

THC infused dark chocolate.
Garnish.jpg

Longball

@Skuncle Lenny: "Txs for the grow compliment."

Hello Skuncle Lenny! Thanks for sharing your grows with us! :) Also, thanks for sharing some of your super secret ideas for making CBD products. Have you ever used lecithin to help the THC molecues bind to the oil. I guess I need to find out if CBD molecues do the same thing. Down another rabbit hole I go! lol I also make infused dark chocolate, now I will try making it with CBD. CBG for tincture? Do you make the CBG yourself?

THC infused dark chocolate.
View attachment 69597

Longball
Lecithin for sure, except when infusing Everclear. Everclear is the best for infusions and doesn’t need any help with binding like oil or butter or coconut oil.
With CBD being legal, I researched the market and found a hemp distributor with the highest ‘tested’(we know the third parting testing dilemma) CBD and CBG I could find. I still have questions regarding CBG due to it needing to be harvested early and wondering if it degrades overtime because of that. I’ve also searched for seeds in the hemp, but thankfully didn’t find any because there shouldn’t be any considering CBG is supposed to be harvested early for extracting the most. bottom line is I have people who get very good results through tincture and gummy‘s so proof is in the pudding, yuck, yuck yuck 😂

Edible afternoon
1st, take 1 cup of MNS infused Everclear
87CAD7AE-91C4-4C41-B7B0-E24049B44F16.jpeg
1B55C0DD-116A-4052-A4FA-89E7A4B2C9E9.jpeg
2nd, burn off 98% of the Everclear67A8FE9E-9295-43AB-875F-ECFD3EA0C653.jpeg
Cook it down until the green bubbles no more
CA71DBC2-630B-4C3B-8E54-E9E6EEDEF6BF.jpeg
3rd, mix molasses into jello and pour into molds
635D0718-3B78-4C3E-A466-507A061DC77A.jpeg
50, 40mg gummies.
Then quickly cooked down 1/2 cup-1000mg, and added to the other pan and made 50, 20mg gummies.
😊👨‍🍳

Back