The origins of Haze

im a sativa lover myself in the coming months i will post some pics. I have a 30 week strain that I want to do soon along with some 16 weekers
I wont go into their lineage at this moment in time as I am not 100 percent sure myself what they are, they are both long flowering phenos from something that came my way in a round about fashion from OldTimer.

bh

i think thats very interesting info a legal farm run by brits ,ive lov to kno who they were supplin

i was doin som research n i noticed you said you grew up in nyc very interestin to me kinda surprisin actually

im wonderin since you smoke many of those classic s.american strains if you think they r the builin blocks of our o.haze

also wonder if haze was available durin ur time in ny

1luvbigherb

A
As we all know, Neville said he obtained his Haze seeds in NYC.

so it's pretty likely they kept hold of them and Neville obtained them in the early 80s.

british_hempire how do you know what neville did or were has it been posted by shanti or neville for that matter were in the us neville infact collected the haze from it has not been sed or posted on that is fact.

What is likely here is you have no clue and all your doing is just adding to an all ready growing story with new players and twists that in all reality were not or had no part in the real haze story.

The story about haze has been sed in short a the haze brothers were growers commercial growers that made seed by x there best old school sativas and created something very special they were not breeders or did they set out to creat what we call haze what they did was just make seed for there next commercial grow.

The real haze was worked with in amsterdam and thats the facts and trueth behind it in short sam has his vertion wich is diffrent to neviles and neville basicly got hold of the oldest haze wich seams to piss and upset many.

bh
represent

i didnt think soo ,dont got time now but ikno u were in da convo somwhere

As we all know, Neville said he obtained his Haze seeds in NYC

were is this stated/posted

i got this from the convo between you n hempy
then from connecting dots sorry hempy

However, it is said to be grown in FL by a Dominican crew and shipped north by road to NYC, so it may not be related, although I suspect it is as so many say it is similar in taste and effect to Neville's Haze, NL5/Haze etc.

whos da many ive reported this wit maybe maybe a handful of others
you also use the description that was given to me by sams

interestin as ive been online only 2 yrs or soo, except for mns forums i dont kno wat shanti has said caz he dont say much but its wack how there r only a handful of description of taste n aromas of o.haze/hbh

So if we take Sam and the Haze bros out of the picture, it is still possible to make sense of the conenctions between the BOEL, NYC, Old Ed, Positronics, Tom Hill etc.

The problem is, it's all pretty much speculation, we know the BOEL grew and sold a lot of Haze, that NYC was one of their largest markets, but joing the dots is difficult, and my research is going pretty slowly right now, I may well have connected a couple of them, some further digging is required to make sure, I will keep folks posted on anything else I dig up.

nothin set in stone but as for the highest probability its plain too see

i feel its wat you make it easy or hard there no gray just black n white

thats why im here askin q's from my research nyc is closest resemblence to hbh frankincense catpiss spice

lookin forward to ur upcomin info

1luvbigherb

bh
represent

i didnt think soo ,dont got time now but ikno u were in da convo somwhere

As we all know, Neville said he obtained his Haze seeds in NYC

were is this stated/posted

i got this from the convo between you n hempy
then from connecting dots sorry hempy

However, it is said to be grown in FL by a Dominican crew and shipped north by road to NYC, so it may not be related, although I suspect it is as so many say it is similar in taste and effect to Neville's Haze, NL5/Haze etc.

See this is a clasic he says it and it must be true.

Let me explane something big i know for a fact you or BH or others apart from neville shanti and a few others dont know were neville collected the haze from all this posting here is like a fantasy fairy tale.

Do you know how the NYC came into play ?.

I will tell you me and L33 were chatting over at Planet Ganja and we were talking about haze and he from memmory told me the haze neville used came from sam i told him no neville had infact collected pure haze a diffrent haze to sam from with in the us him self and his haze was older and diffrent to sams in short.

L33 asked me from were i told him from with in the us and one of the citys with in the us he as in l33 tryed to gess wich state and i or no one has ever sed nyc or has sed wich state or city or from who it was collected from.

So in short conecting the dots as you guys call it is in short changeing the story and facts as sed by those that know to serve your needs wich in reality is far from the trueth and fact.

I should add l33 after he posted it i replied and he did replie saying correct hempy had not sed wich state or city of the us neville collected it from that was posted so you guys keep connected your dots.

Last edited:
hempy

much respect

fantasy fairy tale

lol

pleez tell me wat you disagee wit that ive said

interestin
wonderin why he thought nyc
ive lov to read that post planet ganja search didnt wrk maybe i hav to be a member

soo now let me ask r you familiar wit haze bros haze/o.haze can you please give a description of taste n aromas

So in short conecting the dots as you guys call it is in short changeing the story and facts as sed by those that know to serve your needs wich in reality is far from the trueth and fact.

infact if you read my post

thats why im here askin q's from my research nyc is closest resemblence to hbh frankincense catpiss spice

yes im sayin ibelieve there is a connection but ive neva stated this was or is truth or history

l33t
som food for thought
id lov to kno wat makes you believe nh 69 seeds comes from nyc

1luvbigherb

hempy

much respect

fantasy fairy tale

lol

pleez tell me wat you disagee wit that ive said

interestin
wonderin why he thought nyc
ive lov to read that post planet ganja search didnt wrk maybe i hav to be a member

pleez help me connect the dots caz i dont seems to find more than a handful of hbh description

soo now let me ask r you familiar wit haze bros haze/o.haze can you please give a description of taste n aromas

infact if you read my post

yes im sayin ibelieve there is a connection but ive neva stated this was or is truth or history

l33t
som food for thought
id lov to kno wat makes you believe nh 69 seeds comes from nyc

1luvbigherb

Hi all

hey bigherb,

hi hempy,

how are you going mate? Hope all is good

See this is a clasic he says it and it must be true.

Let me explane something big i know for a fact you or BH or others apart from neville shanti and a few others dont know were neville collected the haze from all this posting here is like a fantasy fairy tale.

I will tell you me and L33 were chatting over at Planet Ganja and we were talking about haze and he from memmory told me the haze neville used came from sam i told him no neville had infact collected pure haze a diffrent haze to sam from with in the us him self and his haze was older and diffrent to sams in short.

I can't remember that specific discussion over PG you refer to above hempy as it was a couple years ago but yes I do remember we did chat a lot about haze and it was there where I first heard from you that nev collected haze in the US , later on you had posted that info publicly over HG420 as well .

L33 asked me from were i told him from with in the us and one of the citys with in the us he as in l33 tryed to gess wich state and i or no one has ever sed nyc or has sed wich state or city or from who it was collected from.
Actually I heard about NYC from a different source not you , so it wasn't guessing really as you say , I just wrote what I heard and by mistake I posted that it was from you , while it was from a different source I had heard that info. I wouldn't speculate and make up a city name like that out of the blue mate. You corrected me over ic and I posted you had never given any specific info.
Now, some people say that Nev told that story , about the NYC acquisition and haze , to others in Holland , i don't know if true or not but seems there are people that believe this story and there are reports that mentiona lot of resemblance between NY piff /haze and mrnice hazes , MangoHz NH etc and this I find quite interesting.

I should add l33 after he posted it i replied and he did replie saying correct hempy had not sed wich state or city of the us neville collected it from that was posted so you guys keep connected your dots.
Yes like you say I did post again after you replied over ic and wrote that no you had never mentioned where exactly and from whom nev got haze in the US.

I have no clue where Nev got his beautiful haze all I know is I m hooked on these fine genetics for good :)

Last edited:
l33t
sup unc

Now, some people say that Nev told that story , about the NYC acquisition and haze , to others in Holland

ive read this som were also a few times ,yes its very interestin n i didnt think it was a shot in da dark

thanks for clearin the air/connectin dots lmao

another interestin note ive got a o.hazeXdsd cross from ripz which he claims is str8 frankincense n the o.haze is the legendary closely guarded rotterdam cutt

im tryin to get more info on her

1luvbigherb

see you had a less than positive response at UK420 HotHouse, sorry british Hempire lol hee hee

dont worry about Owderb he is one of the biggest cocks on the planet
If you were HHF (and I not fully convinced you arent) then you'd get on well

I have no clue where Nev got his beautiful haze all I know is I m hooked on these fine genetics for good :)
Indeed!
And that my friend seems to be the final word on the matter.

Unfortunately.
Seeing as how a shitfest of fragile egos, distinctly unchilled responses, and generally the total opposite of cool stonerdom seems to happen whenever the origin of something like this is debated.

It would be nice - and useful - of course, to know this information, especially for people that want to experiment with crosses in that direction, but since no-one who knows wants to talk, or they're protecting some trade secret - yeah right - well fuck it, what's the point?

Maybe when genetic (DNA) analysis is more widely available... LOL

BTW, I'd like to thank B_H for bringing this up.
Whatever mistakes he made (and maybe he did make a few) at least he highlighted something that most(?) of us didn't know, viz. the questionability of the "Haze Bros" story as a source for Haze, well Nev's anyway.

As for those who think he may be someone else, simply 'cause he writes proper English and likes sativas, well hell, if that's the criteria the pitchfork brigade uses these days, then we've got a Spartacus situation, haven't we? :p

No , I'm HHF.
A disappointing glimpse of the "community" underbelly, to be sure.

origins of Haze

Hello to everyone at MNS forum and I did read the beggining of that article and it sounds kinda accurate originating Ca -I am from the Central Valley and still here our growing season is from the 3rd week of March (last frost) and first frost is in Dec, it gets 100 plus degrees easy with night time temps 65 degrees, yes we have a longer season and its perfect for Haze but not for true/pure Sativas -I guess there were guys before my time named the Haze bros, and in the 80s it was all about Neville and Amsterdam? I wouldnt have a clue but I do know I have a "Lime Haze" seedstock that is pretty much a private reserve that is thin leaved, christmas tree shape that is light green and turns purple in Dec when it gets a light frost, there are many people out here that grow by seeds and trade amoung their small group-I halso heard Haze Bros actually grew in Monterrey/Santa Cruz hills that is Central Coast Im 2 hrs inland in the CentralValley-the agricultural area I believe they may have a little more Indica than Sativa than we do we put just enough indica so it will finish-there were somany Haze strains around here it was great but then many went indoors and for fast strains? I bet they regret it now-I grow the local Lime Haze finishing in Dec and I also grow Somas Amnesia Haze and its showing its white hairs flowering now-I figure another 8 weeks so actually our Haze is more Sativa'ish in other words a little longer I bend all my Haze strains or else they get too big and very noticable to me its only good to grow Haze outdoors and we do anyway its great to hear people talk and discuss Haze strains -good luck to all ...Gino (Central Valley Ca)

Indeed!
And that my friend seems to be the final word on the matter.

Unfortunately.
Seeing as how a shitfest of fragile egos, distinctly unchilled responses, and generally the total opposite of cool stonerdom seems to happen whenever the origin of something like this is debated.

It would be nice - and useful - of course, to know this information, especially for people that want to experiment with crosses in that direction, but since no-one who knows wants to talk, or they're protecting some trade secret - yeah right - well fuck it, what's the point?

Maybe when genetic (DNA) analysis is more widely available... LOL
at the end of the day like Shantibaba has said, "The proof is in the seed"...now i'm a relatively older adult (50's) and believe that knowing the origin of the seed your growing is very important when selecting a seed for your particular grow (climate, light, time, etc all fall into the equation) but at the end of the day its not the source of the origins nor the breeder that satisfies your pallet but the finished product you possess...i've had White Rhino and SSH in my garden for years and they were from when Shanti was the headbreader at GH...i lost the plants due to relocation and i'm waiting on a pack of SSH at the moment...when i can guarantee is that at MNS you will find one of the most honest breeders in the world, who has even recommended strains to me that aren't even on his menu which states a lot about how much he cares for the consumer...but at the end of the day the most accurate info generally comes from Shanti who chose the path of humility rather than stardom as many like Sam the Skunkman, Arjan and Ben Dronkers have...does that mean his merchandise is the best, well thats for you to decide, but he's an honest breeder with integrity...if you don't like the info or the finished product there are 100's of companies out there, but IMHO some of the finest F-1's in the world are kept in the MNS bibliotech and he keeps the originals...when he reworks a variety he tells you (such as Critical Mass) where most companies would lie and say they are original such as GH with the Widow crosses...i say this all in love and can honestly agree to disagree with ya...stay green brother and hey i'm always happy, cuz God is Love

Pretty interesting story about the history of the Haze origin.I smoked several Hazes like Purple Haze, Original Haze in the mid-nineties, nothing compared with the Haze varieties we have today, although there is an interesting Haze named Sugar Haze.

Because i'm working on the background genetics of an old Dutch strain Viking which has a short flowering period of 6 weeks to use it to shorten the flowering period of the sativa's, i asked Wernard Bruining about the Haze they had during the times of Positronics.

I'm a sativa lover myself and since most varieties are crossed with indica's i grow some of the sativa's myself like this Nepali sativa which is kept for years in Denmark.

picture.php

Namaste :D

nice of you to take time out of preserving the c99 to post here gert. If you knew HHF you might not be so typically up your own arse

I know all I need to know of HHF, thank you very much, just as I know all I need to know about you.

Shame to find little imbeciles like yourself polluting this board.
It has been quite free of this type of dross so far.

In the absence of a "report" button, I'd request the mods to remove both this post and "sativabreather"s pointless little contribution.

I'm not trying to resurrect this thread, but just in case anyone wanted to, you can read the full 'Dr. Frankenbeanstein' article in Treating Yourself #17 now, which is available for free here:
http://www.treatingyourself.com/dhtml/download.php?issue=/pdf/issue17.pdf

I just wrote what I thought of the article, but decided to omit it. You all can come up with your own conclusions.

Shanti also has an interesting article on how to keep your mothers and fathers happy and healthy, which is a good read.

Back