thanks mr. nice

Ah yes, the wand. I have been thinking of how to get water to some of my pots within my cluster of plants, without having to be an acrobat. I just thought of that innovation the other day. I love your grow show brother, keep us posted :)

Nice solution, I do something similar!

I have a pvc pipe (small for plumming a shower) where I fitted a 90degree and a 45degree bend on each end. The pipe is as long as the dept of the tent and this works fine for me.

I pour into the 90 degree end and I let the 45 degree end rest on the pots. :cool:

Thanks Deach! Had bought a kitchen sink spray attachment for some other garden use and somehow realized it would fit on the watering can and don't know how the rest came together haha.

The wicking pots in the flower tent seem to have a perfect ratio of wicks (3/4" polypropylene webbing). In the mother tent only the Critical Skunk has soil that is completely saturated and the other plants not saturated just barely moist. Those pots I made with only two wicks with the option to drape them single or double, so I might try adding more wicks. They are all growing the same, but Critical Skunk must have a different type or more developed root system?

@ Skunkerbudz - Fridge for drying is a very contested debate on the internet, but there's only going to be weed in there and when I checked it was about 10c at the warmest setting which should be ok to slow dry over 3 to 4 weeks.

Last edited:
49 days and harvested the nl5 skunk today. the sativa leaning (literally) critical skunk will be next, then master kush skunk and ortega

those last two which had struggled to get their green back after going into the flower tent under low rh are now the greenest plants while the first two are evenly yellowing, with even some reddish purple hues on the critical skunk

after trimming the nl5 skunk into an oven bag, i scraped enough resin from the scissors for a tiny hit about the size of a half a peppercorn. i did my usual hot knives through a frozen glass bottle (bottle is intact except for a dime sized slit near the bottom)

such a tiny and gooey hit made it impossible to tap to pick up as it stuck to everything so i had to carefully dislodge it from my fingers onto one of the knives to take the hit and... blammo, fammo!... great high and long lasting. i have drastically cut down my weed intake in recent weeks so only do a small hit anyway but was very nicely surprised

dug in the crates and made an ill beat on my old machines then cooked up a pound of chole and am still feeling it. it's now in the mini fridge waiting for the others

clockwise from bottom left: nl5 skunk, master kush skunk, critical skunk, ortega
2022-04-17_49_days.JPG
2022-04-17_nl5_skunk_dry.JPG

First time, fingers crossed. Temp is between 7c and 9c and rh in the bag on top of the buds is high 80s. Will see how things go when the other plants are in there. I think the goal is to jar/bag when rh of the buds when sealed in the bags at room temp is at 70% which should be in 2 to 3 weeks
Very interesting, thank you.

First time, fingers crossed. Temp is between 7c and 9c and rh in the bag on top of the buds is high 80s. Will see how things go when the other plants are in there. I think the goal is to jar/bag when rh of the buds when sealed in the bags at room temp is at 70% which should be in 2 to 3 weeks
What’s the goal here? I’d imagine this will turn your buds into a bag of mush…is that the point? Are you making some sort of ferment?

What’s the goal here? I’d imagine this will turn your buds into a bag of mush…is that the point? Are you making some sort of ferment?

check it out
the oven bags are good for fluffing the buds and otherwise convenient and reusable

finally harvested all of the plants. top left is nl5 skunk at 16 days in the fridge, top right is critical skunk at 14 days, bottom left is master kush skunk at a few days and bottom right is ortega yesterday

keeping an inkbird in one of the bags at a time and usually it is 7-9c 75%-85% rh. it's about how much the bags are open/closed it seems. the strains that have been in 2+ weeks nl5 skunk (left) and critical skunk are pictured closeup

i will wait until the bags will be at 70% rh when closed tight and also the weed can be smoked properly in a joint to put in ziplocs and into the kitchen fridge for curing/storage so a few more weeks or so. i will not let the weed come to room temp ever also

been taking one hitters of the nl5 and critical and both are potent even though not dry yet. ortega got enough for a hit of hash on trimming that i know it is also potent

interested to try master kush. it has maybe the best aromas and a unique trichome structure compared to the other plants. would say the critical being the most sativa type plant actually has a more heart racing high compared to nl5 and ortega

2022-05-02_fridge_allB.jpg
2022-05-02_fridge_all2A.jpg

finally got to try all four strains and have made a decision on what to keep and it's not what i expected(?)

nl5 skunk and critical skunk are pictured here after just bagging at about 70-72% rh when sealed which took about three weeks in the fridge. they were the most resistant to stress and the fastest growing/producing

master kush skunk and ortega were two weeks behind i think due to recovering and not their usual ripening time so i just am starting to try them even though over a week left in drying

i have to keep the only plant that lets me down easy and that is master kush skunk. all the others the high doesn't shut off and i feel still 'baked' hours later. considering i don't have a strong constitution for too much weed or even alcohol i would imagine to some people they are ideal

nl5 - sweet sugar cream smell, kind of like m39 we used to get in canada. deep tissue relaxant and a potent and warm indica high with no racing. alas hours later my head hurts. smells of skunk in veg but not much smell when dried, maybe skunky from afar will have to check

critical skunk - literally the thin leaved plant of the garden with spindly branches and heavy buds toppling the whole plant. only plant with really sugary leaves. barely any smell except for a faint cat pee smell in veg sometimes. when dry the initial peach/stonefruit smell has faded and now very little smell

high is warm with no ceiling, chest zooming, unnerving, fun and tapers off into a nice warm glow. really nice potent medicine. alas, it lingers a bit too heavy and with a bit of dry mouth

ortega - nicer buds than nl5 and possibly nicer flavour although slower growth. similar indica body high but a raciness deep down. mellower in the come down than the first two, so might consider keeping this one with the master kush maybe

master kush - maybe not my favourite high of the group, as i really like the critical high and the complementary nl5 high. it's kind of a grittier indica high, although not too heavy but also not racy. still a good high though for sure, and most importantly after the come down it has resolved mostly

this plant has the most smells out of the group and it is keeping it's flavour in the dry which is almost like grape. the resin glands were also different than the rest, with different types some gnarled some embedded etc and a dark blueish hue under loupe. also had a leafy branch = cola growth pattern

it also freaked out the most both in reaction to the low rh bright flower light a few months ago and also when i overwatered the mother plants it decided to start semi-flowering(ortega kind of did too)

ideally i would keep critical for the sativa like warm and creative high, and the nl5 which is a smooth and full body indica high, but master kush skunk is the only one that wears off with no heavy lingering effects, and luckily has what looks to be the best flavour of the group

kjhkj.jpg
nl5 skunk (left) and critical skunk @ 3 weeks fridge dry

Last edited:
@ Skunkerbudz - Fridge for drying is a very contested debate on the internet, but there's only going to be weed in there and when I checked it was about 10c at the warmest setting which should be ok to slow dry over 3 to 4 weeks.

I remember reading a very well written idea on how and why one should freeze dry, in a dedicated frost free freezer a few years ago. Let me know if anyone is interested in reading, and I'll go dig it up

@dankd Very nice grow log and descriptions! If you have clones I would recommend running all of them a couple more times before you make a decision. I have noticed that the more you work with a cutting it changes from seed mother to clone to older clone being flowered. Also gives time for cured buds to fully cure and mature. For example some of the hazes and sativas I have grow are great after 2 to 3 months of cure but get better with 6 months to a year cure.

thanks Dawn i will do that, was going to say i think i changed my mind to the ortega lol. the dry is bringing out new flavours also

tried my first joint and it was the critical and had to pull the bud apart piece by piece it was so moist and sticky(and put hash on my fingertips), but the joint burned perfectly and two hits got me blasted for hours while i did my exercise at the park

fridge drying is really convenient and i don't think i could get this quality traditional drying. had not had weed this moist and sticky for what over a decade maybe two?

more testing to be done. also pics of master kush skunk and ortega

Last edited:
thanks Dawn i will do that, was going to say i think i changed my mind to the ortega lol. the dry is bringing out new flavours also

tried my first joint and it was the critical and had to pull the bud apart piece by piece it was so moist and sticky(and put hash on my fingertips), but the joint burned perfectly and two hits got me blasted for hours while i did my exercise at the park

fridge drying is really convenient and i don't think i could get this quality traditional drying. had not had weed this moist and sticky for what over a decade maybe two?

more testing to be done. also pics of master kush skunk and ortega
Happy to hear about the refrigerator tech 😀. Good to know it works well at preserving terpenes as I do not have a climate controlled environment to dry in . I can't imagine how awesome the smoke will be when dried this way. My temps are low to mid eighties on an average day and hitting 90 on the scorchers with 60% humidity 😑

Back