cm hermie?

mistrall

hi guys, well finaly i got hold of some cm seeds, planted 10 hoping for 5 girls and guess what, - 5 males and 5 hermies, my temps are good and lighting is good - everything should be fine.

are these strains delicate in any way?

realy not happy :( veged for 1.5 months and goto start over again :eek:

mabe its this stock? i dont know, have any of you guys expiriensed a hermie issue? thanks - mistrall

oooouch (snap) Yep i just emailed shanti about it not to long ago i got a 20 pack of seeds from him all seeds showed signs of being female in veg and guess what all but 2 plants hemied temps have been ideal and ive never had problems with light leaks ect or hermies these are my first ones!, the thing is i veg for ages to grow big trees and as i should have only done this with clones i was tricked by all the plants looking female in veg so have wasted allot of time and electric but that's the game i guess.

Ive binned the two 2ft dwarf female plants i was left with as ive had to order some clones off a mate and don't have the room to flower them separately. I didn't want to keep them anyway because if the whole pack was like this then the chances are that the two that appeared ok will just hermie later on in flower i think its a bad batch of seed it happens from time to time. Gotta rush for a Xmas crop now, hate being dry over the festive season :D.

ahh, well its a shame im not the only one but it does make me feal like its not my fault. thanks for the replys guys.

Hi mistrall if your after a very high yielding strain easy to grow then have you tried serious seeds chronic if dried and cured correctly its a wicked smoke and the seeds all ways germ and are 100% stable with a very very high female ratio give that a bash if you want like anything thou you gotta get the right pheno type! search for a guy called prawn in google and see his chronic grows simply amazing to say the least.

Hi All

well the only time I heard of anything going hermie was from one of these chinese copied homeboxes that give off alot of fumes when the lights heat it up. Otherwise we never have this sort of problem.

Of course I will sort out anything of this nature and would be happy to make people aware of possible dramas in the future to avoid. So let us know what sort of grow arrangement you have and the make...and maybe we can sort it.

All the best Sb

Thank you shanti

IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL GOOD TO SEE BREEDERS WHO GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS, EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER ONCE HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH MR NICE SEEDS, I HAVE HAVE TO GIVE MY THANKS AFTER READING THIS FORUM ON THE HERMIES, IT'S TRULEY HARD TO SAY WHAT MAKES A STABLE STRAIN HERMIE LIKE THAT, BUT SHIT HAPPENS..AND FOR SHANTI TO SORT THIS OUT FOR ALL CONCERNED MAKES ME HAPPY AS HELL I'M A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THERE GROWS BUT REMEMBER GUYS EVEN IN NATURE:SHIT HAPPENS: JUST DO YOUR BEST AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW, THANKS FOR BEING REAL SHANTI AND GOD BLESS. mojavegreg

IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL GOOD TO SEE BREEDERS WHO GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS, EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER ONCE HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH MR NICE SEEDS, I HAVE HAVE TO GIVE MY THANKS AFTER READING THIS FORUM ON THE HERMIES, IT'S TRULEY HARD TO SAY WHAT MAKES A STABLE STRAIN HERMIE LIKE THAT, BUT SHIT HAPPENS..AND FOR SHANTI TO SORT THIS OUT FOR ALL CONCERNED MAKES ME HAPPY AS HELL I'M A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THERE GROWS BUT REMEMBER GUYS EVEN IN NATURE:SHIT HAPPENS: JUST DO YOUR BEST AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW, THANKS FOR BEING REAL SHANTI AND GOD BLESS. mojavegreg

word of mouth is the best way to make a business last forever..with shanti taking care of his peeps,,the business will take care of him...

Looks like my CM are hermie too... 11 days of 12/12 and 2 of my 4 females showing male flowers too.

Not using any chinese homebox.

using:
growing from seeds
hydro
600w in veg + 600w in flower vertically near the plants
black-white on walls and floor is tarpaulin.

no light leaks, no problems at all. Still hermies :/

will they all be hermies?

EDIT: looks like the 3 most mature are all hermies..

Last edited:
Hmmm

One or two of us have had problems with the CM side of Critical Haze as well.

I don't use a chinese homebox either!

How far gone are they?

Most of my plants had a few pre-bud hermies then nothing more, so just pluck 'em off and pray!

Some others were only affected on the bottom branches, where there is less light. Prune those branches and concentrate on the colas.

One or two were just through and through hermies, though.

I've actually also seen minor problems with other growers' ASH, NHS and Master Kaze. I've not seen any problems with Mango Haze or SSH.

My suggestion is to finish off your crop and switch varieties. If you are looking for something commercial, The Shit is the one. Look for a large yielding pheno - they are all quick finishers. If it is knockout indica medicinal power then it's Medicine Man... I've not heard of problems with these strains.

I'm sure Shanti will sort out these problems with future seed runs.

Good Luck

GS

Thank you for your fast reply Grover Sativa and good tips for the future strains.

My problem seems like exactly the same than yours.
There seem to be these "male branch" and the rest are ok so I will try to cut these off, hope they dont go wattafak and explode.

One plant looks very hermie, like no help for that.

2 have only few male flowers and I will pray and pick those off or cut the whole branch off.

One has no male flowers at all. Thank god.

They are now 12days into 12/12 and beginning to show the first buds.

Critical Mass and, I believe, a mislabeled pack of Medicine Man are the only two MNS strains I ever has that problem with.

The males are what hermied with the Critical Mass, they were in a dedicated male room with other strains and only the two CM freaked.

The "Medicine Man" freaked in 2 different rooms that were in 2 different locations. Five out of six females hermied and they all smelled and looked like a Haze hybrid. I think some test beans, or something like that, got put in the wrong pack.

I got both packs at the same time right from Shanti. Only 5 of the CM grew and one was a mutant. It is possible they got hit with X-rays and they freaked out or something like that, ha. I don't know if that matters though I know these 2 packs of seed are the only I have ever had troubles with from MNS.

I got a pack of Mango Haze at the same time and have had zero problems with those.

Out of the 2 females I got from that pack of CM's I found an outstanding keeper while the second lady is in flower and looking good. I rarely label a plant a keeper but I got one this time from and extremely small sample.

Herm Info

Im a newb to this forum. Ive been looking for solutions to a Herm problem ive been having with my Critical Mass. I havent found any valid info in the herm forum to explain why change in the first place. Light leaks arent the issue, and after flowering my mom(100% female) I realized that it must have been something I was doing in between cutting and flowering stages.The one thing that I have noticed is that when I changed my misting bottle(for misting clones), I stopped getting the herm(so far anyways). Now Im not sure what used to be in the old squirt bottle but I was told it was probly a disinfectant called Miracle. The mister bottle was cleaned thoroughly with boiling water, but still smelled of some kind of disinfectant. Now my guess is(uneducated to say the least), that what ever trace chemicals may have been in the squirt bottle were some how causing the hermaphrodizm. I looked up the ingredients for the disinfectant and found that it contained Didecyl Dimethyl and Ammonium Chloride. Does anyone know if those chemicals will cause hermaphrodizm? Aside from the mister bottle I havent changed anything else in my grow setup, and every other strain that I have is doing fine. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Hi mistrall if your after a very high yielding strain easy to grow then have you tried serious seeds chronic if dried and cured correctly its a wicked smoke and the seeds all ways germ and are 100% stable with a very very high female ratio give that a bash if you want like anything thou you gotta get the right pheno type! search for a guy called prawn in google and see his chronic grows simply amazing to say the least.
hello,
Id like to know how the chronic plant does as a CLONE only for commercial reasons, theres no information at many if any seed banks regarding how there plants do as clones only, and this is a huge factor for any and all commercial growers about,

bad luck on the hermies rawuol, ive noticed over the years this can happen to any good breeder really, years can go by where we get the best female to male germ ratio off a breeder and as the years pass by this can change dramitically as in germinating more males than females etc, what happens to make them do this i really have no clues what so ever,

Sometimes ive noticed on plants in there early stages of flower that sometimes they grow what looks like a ball shaped male flower, but if left in flower abit longer the ball opens up and a female flower appears, so in these instances it pays to wait a little longer just to be sure, not saying this happened here im just saying.

Back