Outdoor 23/24

Fish

2023 Circle of Excellence
Come swim with Fish.
Bit of a dubious and slow start this season, I guess a bit gun-shy of the weather but it seems to be settling down and warming up. El Niño hasn’t reared its head in its usual way yet.
I didn’t have any luck with my CBD plants last year with the weather and slugs love em! So I’ve tried again this year and I’ve got 3 cbd critical mass and one Gandhi. All destined for medical use.
Below photos taken a couple of days ago.

CBD Critcal Mass just before they were transplanted and moved out. Very nice uniform and healthy so far.
5EBA51BE-90E7-4412-8B40-85693460A530.jpeg

Gandhi
3F2914A8-7702-4492-B4A9-B8B8A1E3E8CA.jpeg
A little bit of taco-ing from the rain and some fert burn by the looks, same soil mix but might have a clump or two of extra goodies by mistake and/or possibly not enjoying the soil nutrients as much as the other 3 Critical Mass’. Probably less hungry I’d say. Hasn’t seemed to bother it it’s looking much better today in its new home. I’ll keep any extra goodies back from her for a little while.
More to come

Give those slugs a place to hide during the day! A simple piece of wood like plywood placed near your garden will “collect” them. Then kill them or relocate them to your compost pile. DE- diatomaceous earth as a barrier spread around on drier days.

mu

Give those slugs a place to hide during the day! A simple piece of wood like plywood placed near your garden will “collect” them. Then kill them or relocate them to your compost pile. DE- diatomaceous earth as a barrier spread around on drier days.

mu
Thank you Mu.
Yes DE is great stuff. Get a bit of silica from it too. I feed em to my chooks to they love them.

Not sure what to call this one maybe some ideas?
She is a seed plant that I found in the greenhouse under the Mango x AC #2 x Holy Smoke. I intentionally did this cross but a stray seed must of dropped out. It had a hard start in early winter, it was stood on at least once before I found it! She’s strong has a smell developing on the stem rub. And is growing berserk now. She looks a little bit like her dad in growth I pinched the top out to get it to branch out a bit more.
Photo taken on dusk.
4990D8C6-6B1B-410F-B2B7-4574CD338E41.jpegBE17AAFF-A162-4D37-9E70-095BD759052A.jpeg
More to come.

She is a seed plant that I found in the greenhouse under the Mango x AC #2 x Holy Smoke. I intentionally did this cross but a stray seed must of dropped out. It had a hard start in early winter, it was stood on at least once before I found it! She’s strong has a smell developing on the stem rub. And is growing berserk now. She looks a little bit like her dad in growth I pinched the top out to get it to branch out a bit more.
Photo taken on dusk.
View attachment 79184View attachment 79185
More to Haze

Photo taken on dusk.
View attachment 79184View attachment 79185
More to come.
Winter Haze

Hi Fish! :)

I used dried, crushed eggs shells in place of DE. Does the same thing, less messy when wet and adds nutrients like calcium, etc. If you have chooks then it's free! They also sell copper rings for plants - gives the slug an electrical shock. My favorite one is beer - slugs LOVE beer. You wanna see a slug move - put some beer in his path. Bury a beer can or a small plastic contain sticking just above the ground - you might be surprised just how much the slugs love beer. They crawl in and the salt in the beer does them in. As I grow in containers, I use the egg shells(if needed). My neighbor has chooks and gives me the egg shells

Is that your gumboots I see there Fish? lol Remember, Kangativa says a wet Spring means 99% of the time a dry Autumn! :)

Longball

Hi Fish! :)

I used dried, crushed eggs shells in place of DE. Does the same thing, less messy when wet and adds nutrients like calcium, etc. If you have chooks then it's free! They also sell copper rings for plants - gives the slug an electrical shock. My favorite one is beer - slugs LOVE beer. You wanna see a slug move - put some beer in his path. Bury a beer can or a small plastic contain sticking just above the ground - you might be surprised just how much the slugs love beer. They crawl in and the salt in the beer does them in. As I grow in containers, I use the egg shells(if needed). My neighbor has chooks and gives me the egg shells

Is that your gumboots I see there Fish? lol Remember, Kangativa says a wet Spring means 99% of the time a dry Autumn! :)

Longball
Thank you Longball
Yes egg shells are great too I’ve used them in the past. I crush them up and add them to my compost and worm farm too. Slugs and snails are pretty good this year. I lost all my CBD (same varieties) last season to them, when they were small. These are the last of my cbd seeds so I made sure those slimy buggers didn’t get any this year. I put beer in a pudding bowl they fit more beer and it’s easier for the slugs and snails to get to the beer, just don’t tell my wife.
Yes it’s forecast to be a long dry for autumn, I hope so!

So the farm has a new spot this year.
Indie City
Critical Skunk # 5, 7 & 8 (CS)
Nordle # 1 & 2 (N)
Northern Lights 5 x Afghan # 5 (NL5xA)
Bubblelisious (Bbl)
Most are in pots as it’s on a bit of a spring as we don’t want wet problems again! Very healthy so far got a few spots on a couple from pine resin dripping on em from above.
6F148AF4-7635-4230-9949-5CCBE7A24295.jpeg

Last time you’ll see this beastie. A very smelly CBD Critical Mass, I gave it away to a friend battling rust at the moment. He was over the moon he hadn’t had much to do with growing cannabis before but he’s a good gardener and farmer so I’m sure it’s in good hands and will be used for what it’s designed for.
4A8BE52F-200C-4857-8287-72C0B32C9F30.jpeg306A0C36-15FE-46AE-BA02-342B5BC39192.jpeg

I love the look of those Critical Skunks, Fish! Especially #8 😍
Yes she has been a stand out since the beginning. A bugger to clone though so far none have taken, round two I’m sure will work.
She’s over waist high can’t really tell in the photo and planted in the dirt no pot.
Edit: for scale the Nl5 Afghan is in a 60ltr potato bag on the same level as Critical Skunk #8.

Small update
Winter Haze (thanks @eazynz)
Before
3BA05791-552D-488C-BC54-36C217454C34.jpeg

After
FE0E6BC2-86C3-4F1D-A8DB-A178BCFB21FD.jpeg
Nothing dramatic. I just tied her down to the babaco tree, a little plant bondage. Im trying to keep her from being far too tall and giving her presence away. She’s quite vigorous can’t wait to see how she turns out. Passion vine hoppers are a bit of a nuisance at the moment but it is tucked beside the passion fruit and blueberries

Critical Skunk #8
Still loving life no damage from the dreaded Kiwi Bears or the peacocks on her yet.
234BD143-52F8-4D6C-8BED-640792902A1A.jpeg

G13 x Afghan Skunk
Just a small one loving the look of her. Beautiful leaves! I’m a bit sentimental with G13. One of my best friends and mentors died a few months ago and he taught me to grow indoors with G13. A very noisy 250 watt HPS with no cover and it had a short like an electric fence haha, he may have even built it himself I can’t remember. I do remember it was bloody dangerous!
BC0785C6-B8BC-4A07-8489-09F4621E7D8A.jpeg
A65C5E67-528E-4301-AD3B-1DFDBB0C90D0.jpeg

Cheers
Fish

Back