EQ x Zunami Test

EQxZUseedling01.jpg

And we're off! Day 5 from sprout.

This one is destined for the chop shop as I won't have time to complete this grow before a scheduled break. The plan is to use this as a mother for side by side clone grows in soil & hydro, under CMH, HPS & LED. I'll then run a soil & hydro test straight from seed.

Currently in a mix of 1/3 perlite, 1/3 peat moss & 1/3 homebrew compost.

Watered in with Ecothrive Biosys & plagron roots.

PH 6.2

Really excited for this, as I'm an old head and a huge fan of Early Queen! Can't wait to find time to mate this up with Early Queen & U2!

I used to be a little less cautious when watering, i am hand watering everything.
Till I noticed that the nutrients aren’t best suited for top of leaves absorption. So during the seedlings and top deck phase I went back to my smaller watering can and use a syringe for the seedlings. I also like the syringe because I know exactly what I’m dosing them with.
I also read that large drops on leaves act as magnifying glass on the leaves, nuff said
Enjoy your day
/steve

I also read that large drops on leaves act as magnifying glass on the leaves.

Hi GrowViper,

Interesting observation about the magnification effect of a water drop. The same applies to the spherical shaped gland head of a trichome. It is said that the smaller the diameter of the sphere, the greater its power of magnification. It was the opinion of a well known breeder, now deceased, sadly, that the smaller the gland head the more potent it will be due to its magnification power.

His observation was made in the context of the effect of UVB light on potency. He believed that the more intense the UVB ray, due to the power of magnification resulting from the diameter of the resin head, could increase potency by several percentage points. The effect is less pronounced in strains with large resin heads. Food for thought!

Cheers! - FF

Last edited:
IMG_6881.jpg

It seems like 5 is the final number :)
It is OK by me...

Now the seedlings will be nurtured in veg tent between peppers, then transplanted into bigger growing pots..
I will hopefully make some clones and then flower these babies out ( once the NevHazeMango ripens ) which I expect by the end of this month :)

20240417_075258.jpg

I've been a bit slack with the reporting on this, apologies. Didn't think I'd start till June, but couldn't resist once I had the seeds in hand.

49 days from sprout, 5 days from first topping. Slow enough growth for the first few weeks, but that was expected as I had the tent in an unheated space, with the 300w CFL being the only heat source inside the tent.

16l plastic pot. 1:1:1 peatmoss, compost, perlite

Treated with Ecothrive Biosys when repotted.

Just hefting pot and watering when needed with Plagron Alga Grow & Pure Zym. EC 1.2
Nutrient mix usually brings pH to 5.9/6.2 so I haven't bothered using pH+/-

Going to start tying the mainline down once it reaches the bar. Should see a bit of faster growth from now on as tent in space with ambient temp around 19c, and 22c in tent 40%rh.

Back