Nevilles Haze, Grown in the Tropics !

Hi resinbud,

Haven't been on here as much as I'd like lately so missed this thread until now. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your quest and thank you for sharing it with the MNS community.

very cool thread dude,

I also rarely post as i am a hermit living in the boonies of the boonies, but nice to see threads about Cannabis plants!

I've got 7 NH babies going know seeing what they do out in the dry season in Cambo, i'll start a thread at some point,

Its good to poke around and see what others have done before you.

Hi Resinbud...

Well, everyone has pretty much said it in your journal... but I will say it again...

Good work man!

Would you say your #9 is your thai leaning pheno? Thanks for doing this journal and I am enjoying the many elements your growing style brings to the forum.

I hope to have some "euphoric" smoke soon as well...

Respect,

CM

Hi Channa... Well I would go to say with Neville that this particular #9 pheno smokes like the cleanest high you will ever encounter, and is MAJOR EUPHORIA!!!!! You will not got to sleep. You can smoke to much for sure, so Yes I would say she leans entirely over to a true Thai in Indica form. This plant is AWESOME, and I can't believe I found her out of ten seeds? Peace, resinbud ;)

Fantastic Resinbud... I am pleased you found her... maybe Nev will let us know which pheno's are easier to find than others in MNS packs...

Enjoy the weekend...

CM

nice thread and pictures

wonderful growlog resinbud :)

#9 sounds special, glad you found her. thanks for sharing your grow with all of us.:)

Resinbud

loookin lovely

I was awaiting the flower great to see thnigs comin along very nice

Please tell us abit about the conditions there such as day/night temps

ive notived that everyonce in awhile we see some purpling in a few specific Mns haze hybrids nevs has been one ,curious to know about your experience n thoughts if this might be brought on by temps or do you believe its genetics?

best wishes

i look forward too a detailed smoke report on all your phenos

1luvbigherb

Hello Bigherb...:) From my limited experience with Nevilles Haze phenos, I would say the coloring is in the Genetics? The temperatures were cool a few nights were I live, and at the lowest level 51 degrees, That #1 pheno was the only one with the purple bud coloring, and that #3#9 were in the same enviroment without the purple coloring, exact same conditions weather wise. Is the purple coloring an NL#5 characteristic? Temperatures are pretty constant here, but does get somewhat chilly at nite some evenings. All phenos will have a smoke report soon. Nice of you to stop bye. peace, resinbud ;)

I thankyou for a great report and quick response

The purple trait in Mns hazes is somthin ive pondered on n asked abit about .I have found i believe more than a handful who hav reportd this with pics .

IVE asked aswell an havnt found any evidence or reply as i recall that NL5 carries this trait ,Im curious n might hav asked does the afghan carry this trait caz afghan haze has purpled aswell

I think some will say that a few cool nights can do that but IMO i dont beleive soo becaz of the others grown that havnt shown color in the same environment .My NH was outdoor in nov in NYC 40 somthin temps Noo purple

I truly look forward to your progress and especially those smoke reports

best wishes

1luvbigherb

Hello Bigherb... I wanted to get you a few pictures up of my mother plants, they are in very good conditions without any cold whatsoever and there is purple on the stems of #1, and #9. I hope you like the pictures, and is a clear indication the purple is in the genes somewhere and not caused by cold. Thanks for stopping bye. peace, resinbud;)

sup brother

Your the man

Those pics are most appreciated ,gorgeous and intriguing aswell .The purple is in the finished product those nugs are sexy as hell.

Soo the mothers with the purple stem are indoors ?

No stress no cold Hows those temps ?

id love too see pics of #9 nugs aswell as any others you wish to share

great show and best wishes

1luvbigherb

G`day Resinbud
I`d like to throw a hypothesis in the ring . Do the plants with the purp stems have crocodile/alligator tail shapes to the leaves ? I recognise that shape as Columbian {Haze C], how about the branching struc does it have any distiguishing traits .?
So my theory is the Haze C throws the purple and Haze A the Thai side . Though Mex and Kerela are allegedly in the mix as well .
But after reading all I could on the subject it seems the THai and Colubian seem to be the dominant pallet .
I also base this theory on the CHz I have with the croc tail leaves and purp on the leaf stems ,also I find the leaves coarse when compared to the
Nordle .ie They are harder and rougher to the touch .
I realise its a pretty wide comparison but am interested what Herb and yourself think re this theory .
Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud

hi resinbud,

Great show!

lovely looking plants and the final product looks top notch, Very nice work!

thanks for sharing all the beautiful pics with us
Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor :)

Elmer Bud,

From my experience with SSH , MH & NH and from what I ve seen from other growers I have to say that the Haze C male certainly throws Thai expressive phenos. Afterall SSH which uses only HazeC (SSH=NL5HzC x SKHzC) does have Thai phenos.

Regarding purpling in the NH line, well I don't remember to have seen a report where F1s grow purple buds when grown with warm ambient temps (20C+)..
On the other hand purple stems seem to be common in the NH plants even when temps are always warm, my NH has purple lines on the stems.

SSH and MH can have purple buds but again its not due to genetics , its due to low temps/ ie cold nights. I m not sure I 've heard of a pheno that grows purple flowers irrespective of ambient temps.

l33t

G`day Leet
Now after reading your post I realise that it was the smells / flavours that related to the A/C . Is this your exp ?
The way I remember this was relating C to Colombia and A to ThAi as I might remember a equation or recipe . Does that relate correctly to you ?
Thanks for your input it is much app .

Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .

Excellent Growing Mate

Hi Resinbud ,

If I still toked , I would love to sample some tropical Nevs , great grow log friend.

Resinbud

Love those pics brother ,looks amazing .

the buds are not manicured yet or aswell as mine but the look of the foxtail/several bud sites on the branch is exactly like my last NH pheno

id love to see pics of the #9 pheno .

Great show bro n i look forward to those smoke reports

Below is wat i quickly found reguarding this topic of purple in mns hazes

If i recall ive stated id love to hear shanti's opinion on this.Im also very curious wat Nevil has to say .I dont recall any mention of the afghan or nl#5 putting out purple

Hi there bigherb hope your well,the purple in this pheno seems to be natural and low temps are not happening were im at.This was the only pheno that went purple out of 8 and the only plant in quite a big room with many other strains but ill have to re-run it to know for sure one thing i would say is that the purpling began quite early about week4-5.
This pheno didnt leave the room smelling like church maybe taking a little more from the afgan it was quick too, if i do come across any that do i'll be a happy man 7phenos to go.
I really do believe this is one of the most underrated strains around, the quality outstanding

catalyst
I had some purple in the phenos i grew...plus one reminded me of church (frankensence) The grow was not optimum but i am moving soon, have a 1000w digi ballast and i have another pack to throw down and did make some seeds....

dirk diggler

Originally Posted by bigherb
im very curious to know if you recall exacts as too the temps you ran as its clear ,the 4th pic of nev has som purple which is not the first time ive pointed out the purp in som of mns hazes
Originally Posted by bigherb
im very curious to know if you recall exacts as too the temps you ran as its clear ,the 4th pic of nev has som purple which is not the first time ive pointed out the purp in som of mns hazes

i don't know exactly what you're asking?
sorry for me poor English (and the google translator doesn't give a descent translation )
i guess you're asking about the temperature, ok?
well, when starting this run it was high summer and really hot (30° and more)
so for first 6 weeks had temps in me room from 30°+ day and 25+° night.
after 6 weeks till the end it was always about 25+°day and 22° night.
no low temps at all.
imo the purple in the buds is genetic based as we run this NH pheno at different locations and the purple always appeared.
hope this is the answer at your question

redeye24/7

week 10
Temps 25 lights on, hum 50 %, feeding 1ml of A & B per L of water

week 9
Hi all, temps 25 lights on, 35% RH, feeding 1ml each A & B per L of water

week 4
Hello all , still on 2.5 ml of each A & B per L water , temps 23 25 , hum 45% 55%

week 1
Under 400 hps , 12/12 cycle , temps 25-27 , hum 40%-50% lights on.
temps 20-21 , hum 50%-60% lights off

above are flower temps

purple was in pheno 5 after chop ,i asked about it with no response

As for the hazeA n haze C .Nevil has stated the haze A is thai expressive n hazeC colombian .Soo maybe it is a receesive trait which shows the thai in the hazeC hybrids,If i said that right .Id imagine the purple comin from the colombian side in haze as magenta/rootbeer was a pheno/variety

Nevil

This is the description of Haze C.

Quote:
Santa Marta Gold It has a very spicy/sandalwoody/piney flavor

while HzA produced plants with a leathery smell, more reminisent of the old Thai's.
Complex liver/ leather smell is what I'm looking for in a good Thai descenant to cross with the Haze.
N

1luvbigherb

G`day resinbud
The pleasure is mine bro ,i`ve been lurkin on this thread from the beggining .
Yes i do ponder sometimes wether to post on some threads so as not to look like a fool .
Your log has been much app, well done .

Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .

Looking tasty, Bud!

I had one plant that had purple buds and another that was a little less purple. All grown indoors under warm conditions. See my last grow report for details. http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/14-indoor/2462-nevilles-haze-grow-post89720.html#post89720

hi resinbud,

Great show!

lovely looking plants and the final product looks top notch, Very nice work!

thanks for sharing all the beautiful pics with us
Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor :)

Elmer Bud,

From my experience with SSH , MH & NH and from what I ve seen from other growers I have to say that the Haze C male certainly throws Thai expressive phenos. Afterall SSH which uses only HazeC (SSH=NL5HzC x SKHzC) does have Thai phenos.

Regarding purpling in the NH line, well I don't remember to have seen a report where F1s grow purple buds when grown with warm ambient temps (20C+)..
On the other hand purple stems seem to be common in the NH plants even when temps are always warm, my NH has purple lines on the stems.

SSH and MH can have purple buds but again its not due to genetics , its due to low temps/ ie cold nights. I m not sure I 've heard of a pheno that grows purple flowers irrespective of ambient temps.

l33t

Last edited:
Resinbud

thankyou my friend ,NH seems to have gotten the love she needed in her preferred in environment,even the leaves were frosted

Shovehandle is another confirmation i just recalled n happy too see say soo

I look forward to smoke reports when ready

1luvbigherb

That was a great read resinbud thanks for the great report on this line, i just got a pack of these still trying to decide how to go about them.

Certainly the most intimidating of mns offerings-Great job

Wow Resinbud,
Thanks for the pics. Fine looking stuff, my friend. Keep up the good work.
You make it look easy.

Back