After Nevil's pasing, Sam weighs in

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part I have seen the opposite in growing over 100 different landrace strains when bred IBL. Now these are seeds from bag weed that I collected in the 1970s and 1980s myself, and from verified sources of a few other collectors and collectives, and not the 'new' so called landraces that have been 'worked' available out there now. Many so called landraces now are indica hybrids in sativas and hence have a smorgasbord of genetics in them. And some of my original source strains like Colombians and SE Asian strains have higher variability, and some strains like Lebanese have two distinct phenotypes. But for the most part pretty much all Mexican, African and SE Asian strains that I have grown are consistent from bag weed seeds. In the newer suspect stuff that is not always the case. Such as modern Kerala, Morocco, Kazakh, Greek, Cambo Red, and a dozen others out there. Most of these are now at least in part indica hybrids.

In the particular case of Haze, whatever Watson or Rosenthal or Clarke said and"/"or what Nevil and or the original whomevers (the ~not~ Haze Bros., some surfer dude or some local unknown in the Watsonville, CA area) bred into what was Haze. Original Haze was (supposedly) a hybrid of multiple landraces originating from bag weed seeds. So it will have had a large selection of phenos as a result. In my experience any time you breed different landraces you will get wide variety of results. Especially when breeding indicas with sativas. The genetic genie pops out of the bottle. But if you breed them IBL, they will remain rather consistent for about 5 generations until they start to adapt to new climates and environments (when genetic switching occurs). There are some wilder and woollier exceptions to this that I have grown, like Sinai and pure Durban from South Africa that grow some highly variable phenos. They need to be bred to stabilize them. But the wild strains are also capable of re-invigorating cultivars that have been overly inbred. For example, my landrace Durban back cross of the Dutch Durban strain originally worked by Mel Frank (his B line) and later bred with de-skunked skunk by Watson and grown here locally in Oregon. That line was missing terpepes, seemingly from the de-skunked skunk and adapting to indoor growing. Breeding it with the more wild landrace Durban brought the terps back into the strain, along with keeping the stable blooming that the landrace did not have. It worked far better than I expected and in only one "F1" generation. The back cross is very stable and consistent as well. At least in the IBL2 and IBL3 generations. It seems to be popular, and being sold by several out there now, as well as being bred into a strain called Triple Durban. Things move fast with good genetics.

Stories are interesting and the journeys of people are colorful to read about...but Howard always said this to me...."until you are finished doing it...never speak about it in public..."...how i miss him!

All the best Sb
Love Howard’s quotes!

Not yet, do you recommend it?
if you have the time hashchurch can be informative, for me personally i am really new to extraction of trichromes, and i find the church has a lot of knowledge there. bubbleman is starting a mushroom church as well..

if you have the time hashchurch can be informative, for me personally i am really new to extraction of trichromes, and i find the church has a lot of knowledge there. bubbleman is starting a mushroom church as well..

Cool! Will delve into it... Is he calling it churches because it's broadcasted on Sundays?
btw: I'm married to 1dutchwoman, guess it's better than to 300dutchman.

Cool! Will delve into it... Is he calling it churches because it's broadcasted on Sundays?
btw: I'm married to 1dutchwoman, guess it's better than to 300dutchman.
i am not 100% on the name, you will have to shoot bman a message on facebook for that, it was mentioned at the end of sundays church session.

tancho $$

Hi All

it is a fallacy to believe a person born in the 50s created things that have been around for some time before....no?

At best , like Rob Clarke states , all fellow breeders inherited genes from other passionate fellow breeders...what they did with them is how things should be judged not by who yells the loudest. Personally i am friends with most people in this business but simply put Egos get in the way of working correctly. So let your barometer be genetics as they do not lie or need ego.

Stories are interesting and the journeys of people are colorful to read about...but Howard always said this to me...."until you are finished doing it...never speak about it in public..."...how i miss him!

All the best Sb
I Love this.

My auntie was in the usa on holidays when Woodstock was happening. She said she couldn't get there because the road was blocked by cars left abandoned by people who had got out and walked. She also said anyone who says they can remember being there wasn't really there. My mother always told me the Thai sticks were the best. Whenever i asked. The indigenous people of the country i live call the past ,the building blocks of the present., Dreamtime .

I had many friends from NY that were at Woodstock. I was at the Monterey Pop Festival myself in '67. Outside of the fairgrounds where we lived then. No need to go in, it was so loud. Much later I met Wavy Gravy at the same Monterey Fairgrounds at a Yellow Dog rock festival. He was the MC there, and he talked on and on about Woodstock. He also gave out a potato sack full of trim leaves on stage to people at that concert. I did not need any, as I had a q-oz of Lebanese red hashish to plow through.

I have a friend that grew up and still lives in Luton. Exodus were massive.. Not sure how deep he was in it but he lived with members and worked with them. He’s sent me photos and flyers from the time.. weren’t just a party crew, socially conscious, public housing (probably legal squatting idk) food donations, all type of shit happening. I imagine drugs took over, I don’t know their story, only what friend told me. I’d imagine young people starting that, either go deep underground (dead or sane insanity) or become public servants (government officials).. totally could have been and wouldn’t be surprised if was set up or helped by a more senior group with an agenda..but these things can also happen organically. Some people are motivated to help and create change..

Last edited:
your right.. What give the right to any dude, to make billions, while another ones in jail trying to make rent. It’s so wrong. So many laws are. You can go to jail for not paying fines. Wtf.. dudes own shares in jails, make profit from them, so they can afford not to go, lol..

haze bro's so secretive because of what??? ask yourself he must be incriminating somebody if he say's the real name... what if it's because he has to be! because that would be G short for Geoffrey Guy aka Mr.pot. aka big pharma illum type... his partners where lord mayors of England under the queen and shit. . .the same man who sam gave his hortapharma modified skunk #1 strain to, the same man who has convictions for intent to supply cannabis...the same man who got a GW pharma licence in england the same year as sam got his in holland. the same man who sold his stocks in a 5.3 billion deal.

Fun fact sam Hortapharm and guy GWpharma both agreed with the English government (back in i cant remember what year but was late 90s or early 2000's) to not legalize cannabis but to try the products they have first!!! ( of course one thinks how does 2 dutch based america cannabis thc testers and a convicted cannabis supplier get to sit in the house while cannabis legalization talks with government go down "per sam's interview i read". his quotes where we where the only ones in the room that day that agreed with the English government to not just legalize cannabis, everybody else wanted it tomorrow. (of course they agreed and had backing im sure they agreed because their businesses would have all but flopped on the ground like a dead fish and not just have sold for 5.8 billion. I wonder if Sam and Guy are the same people or the haze bros as they think...both of them share a lot of stuff in common like the years started, the companies, the licences, the dates of stuff, the modified skunk #1 the english goverment uses that sam created with 1 compound. They both at the same meetings. G for guy? RL Rosenthal? maybe Guy and Ed (can somebody confirm that's ed rosenthal with Guy as seen in the photo?) im sure it is who else would it be... maybe they where the haze bro's? that's my best guess. of course when i say haze bro's i mean these men had the haze and genetics before sam started selling them from holland as he claims. (or maybe he gave them to ed and guy so they could do further selections).

Here's guy in england with his cannabis plants that people sit in prison for. He has mansions and over 70 million from it. Do the math sam skunk hasn't been bothered with strains since when? maybe he got his pay day & of course not, he never did any breeding to begin with only breeding out of compounds and putting them into the dutch scene to make it bland and generic so america can be the mecca but that's just me being open minded. I believe all these people are big pharma influences type people.. government types who will one day turn cannabis into the pills in the drug stores.

Also these people tell you they want to cure people & help people soon as they're offered good money they take it and run and do not give a fuck what happens with the product being sold to the masses, that in itself is proof these people are money hungry almost like Zionist bankers and they never loved it and never will.
Yet they are the ones in these positions to create for the world, think about it.

this just came to me also... Skunk #1 in the photos in England... then Cheese supposedly comes from the skunk #1 from the UK also.
Crazy one that isn't it exodus even though nobody ever heard of them or any breeder or person or group named that cheese just arrived and it was flooded.. that tells me its being grown mass scales government type shit.

View attachment 49828

View attachment 49827View attachment 49827
Cheese didnt just arive. One of the guys who popped the seed was quite well known on the uk scene. The seed was planted in 1989. The exodus are well know they were squatters. Even used to have camps in the forest with caravans hoisted up in the trees. The exodus had nothing to do with the origins of cheese but they were passed clones, clones they later handed out.
The haze brothers were gifited the stock (lots of it)when one of the big players out of the communes passed away. This is why none of them know whats in haze and tell multiple stories.

haze bro's so secretive because of what??? ask yourself he must be incriminating somebody if he say's the real name... what if it's because he has to be! because that would be G short for Geoffrey Guy aka Mr.pot. aka big pharma illum type... his partners where lord mayors of England under the queen and shit. . .the same man who sam gave his hortapharma modified skunk #1 strain to, the same man who has convictions for intent to supply cannabis...the same man who got a GW pharma licence in england the same year as sam got his in holland. the same man who sold his stocks in a 5.3 billion deal.

Fun fact sam Hortapharm and guy GWpharma both agreed with the English government (back in i cant remember what year but was late 90s or early 2000's) to not legalize cannabis but to try the products they have first!!! ( of course one thinks how does 2 dutch based america cannabis thc testers and a convicted cannabis supplier get to sit in the house while cannabis legalization talks with government go down "per sam's interview i read". his quotes where we where the only ones in the room that day that agreed with the English government to not just legalize cannabis, everybody else wanted it tomorrow. (of course they agreed and had backing im sure they agreed because their businesses would have all but flopped on the ground like a dead fish and not just have sold for 5.8 billion. I wonder if Sam and Guy are the same people or the haze bros as they think...both of them share a lot of stuff in common like the years started, the companies, the licences, the dates of stuff, the modified skunk #1 the english goverment uses that sam created with 1 compound. They both at the same meetings. G for guy? RL Rosenthal? maybe Guy and Ed (can somebody confirm that's ed rosenthal with Guy as seen in the photo?) im sure it is who else would it be... maybe they where the haze bro's? that's my best guess. of course when i say haze bro's i mean these men had the haze and genetics before sam started selling them from holland as he claims. (or maybe he gave them to ed and guy so they could do further selections).

Here's guy in england with his cannabis plants that people sit in prison for. He has mansions and over 70 million from it. Do the math sam skunk hasn't been bothered with strains since when? maybe he got his pay day & of course not, he never did any breeding to begin with only breeding out of compounds and putting them into the dutch scene to make it bland and generic so america can be the mecca but that's just me being open minded. I believe all these people are big pharma influences type people.. government types who will one day turn cannabis into the pills in the drug stores.

Also these people tell you they want to cure people & help people soon as they're offered good money they take it and run and do not give a fuck what happens with the product being sold to the masses, that in itself is proof these people are money hungry almost like Zionist bankers and they never loved it and never will.
Yet they are the ones in these positions to create for the world, think about it.

this just came to me also... Skunk #1 in the photos in England... then Cheese supposedly comes from the skunk #1 from the UK also.
Crazy one that isn't it exodus even though nobody ever heard of them or any breeder or person or group named that cheese just arrived and it was flooded.. that tells me its being grown mass scales government type shit.

View attachment 49828

View attachment 49827View attachment 49827
That guy wat ever his name is in the pictures looks like he is a relative of sam. The person sitting in the pub isn't sam. There is a video of sam out there you can find, probably on the tube. Sam did a lecture on hemp in Canada and was filmed he was on the advisory board. He has his hands in a lot of pies more than anyone knows
Chem dog hasnt bred anything as far as I know. Most of the stuff those crews have come out with all look like different combinations of what nevil happened to be putting out at the same time. Probably accidentally stress hermie matings .

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm right there with you on most of this, excepting the Zionist bit. Thanks for the Sun, Soul Seeds article; I regret not having read it in 1979. The primal Thai pic with the dreadlocks of pearly calyxes is so cool, as is the other sativa shown on that page. Given the year, quite possibly some of the same genetics that he ultimately passed on to Nevil five years later.
What I find really interesting is reading between the lines and putting everything in the context of the Haze story, is we have a small glimpse of primal haze from one of the dudes who was there. Particularly this bit:

David Watson in 1979 said:
It’s a lot easier to find a few primo seeds from a friend (or hope they go on the market soon).

This tells us a couple things: In 1979 there was a market for primo seeds, at least in his circles in Santa Cruz, that he had "friends" with primo seeds, and it implies some of those friends were reluctant to sell. It's also clear from the article that Watson recognized the genetic value of landrace seeds in 1979.

I've spent a lot of time analyzing and researching his role in the haze story, and everything I've seen leads me to conclude that haze originated with the Brothers of Eternal Love, and that David Watson was BOEL through and through.

While most BOEL were known for their crazy, reckless shit with Leary and Owsley and their shenanigans in Laguna Beach, there must have been BOEL members who kept a lower profile and recognized that ganja production and distribution could be a lot more lucrative and less risky than smuggling. John Griggs and friends founded BOEL in 1966, same year Endless Summer was released, co-starring Mike Hynson, friend of John Griggs and early BOEL member. Hynson has said they did a lot of weed smoking and seed collecting while they traveled the world and made that film. So we have the California/surfers/bagseed connection which lines up with major elements of the haze story. The obvious thing that everybody misses is that the haze Brothers were also the Brothers of Eternal Love. Watson clearly was BOEL because everything lines up: he was in southern California in the late 1960s, he has always used an alias (standard BOEL practice), he was on the Hippie Hash trail in 1971 along with a lot of BOEL folk, and he told me that he met John Griggs. John Griggs died in 1969, so Watson had BOEL connections as early as 1969. Nevil said his Haze A and C seeds came from an envelope labeled 1969, and that Watson was reluctant to sell those seeds, even though they were then 15 years old. My guess is that those seeds were collected and possibly bred by other BOEL brothers, and while he may have been peripherally involved, he may have come into possession of them in an underhanded way. And because the "original haze" his Haze Brother friends inbred in Santa Cruz wasn't as good as the landrace F1s primal haze made from the best bagseed on Earth in 1969. Watson managed to walk away from everything with a shitload of money, and he's clearly intelligent, although I suspect his wife is smarter and largely responsible for his successes. I surmise that David Watson aka Sam the Skunkman won't share the true haze story with us because a full accounting might paint a less than favorable picture of himself.

Last edited:
A lil bird told me that the reason Sam is so secretive nowadays is that it was in fact him who taught Rafael Caro Quintero how to grow sinsemilia but that their relation soon after turned sour and that he is researched by Rafa’s crew.

I believe she should stop watching Channel Zero... 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back