Small white bugs in my soil...

• Thread starter EnglishSpringerSpaniel
  • Start date
I Agree With Jaybutta :) : Eradicating And In Future Making A Hostile Environment To Live In .
To Make Sure I Have No Eggs Or Mites I Have Switched On My New Empty Growroom 600 HPS Lamp For One Week; I Have Been Told This Eradicates Dormant Critters , Who Wake Up And Starve To Death.
Not Sure If It Works , But I Heard It From A Oldtimer , So It's Worth A Go .
Being A Sealed Growroom , At Least , It Will Justify The Expense To Cure All The Bonding And Strengthening Of The Room As I Germinate The Second Half Of The MNS Early Haze ( Thread Title Early Haze, "Take Two " )
90% Germ Rate , BTW, And They Had Been Sitting On A Plate , Uncovered And In A Dry Warm Dark Place . Most Cracked Open ( Using Shotglass Method) In 48 Hours )
Sorry To Stray Off Course, ESS , I'm Just Exited To Be Back In The Saddle Again .
Anytime I Can Help Old Chap ; The Team Spirit, And Diagnosis Through Discussion By Many Knowledgeable Members Here Really Makes For Fast And Accurate Troubleshooting.
Kinda Reminds Me Of The Old Hornby Island Co-Op
Joe

hi joe
i can confrim this dose work =)it can also be done by also by leaving soil spread out in in a tray in a thin layer cover with clear plastic (cling wrap will do) or put it in a clear plastic bag leave it in dierct sun light for a couple of days be sure to seal up the bag/tray tho ! you dont want and other bugs getting back in
its a tecnique called ''Solar sterilization'' it well worth doing this if your planning to reuse soil

just a thought, since I didnt hear anyone else mention it, and it doesnt appear that youve definitively identified the little bugs....

look up springtails, see if thats what youve got. If so, theyre not a bad thing to have, in most cases.

Back