Website feedback

Hi @BrotherBoris!

Yes, it is exotic aquatic creature. It is a type of Sea Slug found in the Western Pacific Ocean.

Chromodoris willani​

This species of nudibranch is named for the renowned nudibranch taxonomist Dr. Richard C. Willan. Chromodoris willani is similar in appearance to Chromodoris lochi, Chromodoris boucheti and Chromodoris dianae. This species can be distinguished by the very prominent white specks found on the gills and rhinophores.Individuals in this species can range in color from dark blue to a translucent white. All have black stripes with the center-most stripe typically being non-continuous.

Funny, but now the site will not let me load any pictures, no matter the size! :(

Longball

Last edited:
Hi BrotherBoris!

Yes, it is exotic aquatic creature. It is a type of Sea Slug found in the Western Pacific Ocean.

Chromodoris willani​

This species of nudibranch is named for the renowned nudibranch taxonomist Dr. Richard C. Willan. Chromodoris willani is similar in appearance to Chromodoris lochi, Chromodoris boucheti and Chromodoris dianae. This species can be distinguished by the very prominent white specks found on the gills and rhinophores.Individuals in this species can range in color from dark blue to a translucent white. All have black stripes with the center-most stripe typically being non-continuous.

Funny, but now the site will not let me load any pictures, no matter the size! :(

Longball
Thanks for letting me know everything about it Longball! I was extremely curious about everything about it. It’s an amazing and beautiful looking creature. I’m fascinated by aquatic life and when I was a young man, I wanted to be like Jaque Cousteau but I couldn’t get past first semester biology because it was the summer of 69 before I started college and well I guess I got distracted…

Thanks again and when things are working better and you feel like it, please share more pictures. You have a couple of awesome hobbies!

View attachment 81314

@longball @BrotherBoris

Looks similar to the little Sea Hares that we get in the intertidal & rock pools around here!

These little dudes have an internal shell
Amazing looking creatures. Just shows us that we are not alone here and maybe we could learn from these other life forms somehow. I’m just amazed how different life forms look and live in their own habitats. Thanks for showing us more…

You might enjoy this book!

View attachment 81315

Just so we're not digressing too far, this image is 594kb, couldn't upload higher res.

It's a long road, there's no turning back.
I read somewhere that the Nautilus has been around and unchanged for 500 million years! No need for evolution when it was made perfect from the beginning. Just floats and moves with the currents.

This is not about pictures but things are working much slower for me than yesterday and days before but after the upgrade by Kristian. Getting into the forum is slower and so is viewing the auctions. This slowness started this morning and a couple times got message that server wasn’t responding.

Back