Prayers Up

i would like to know the same. this looks positively vile.

Yogurt is good for you, bro! It has active cultures, probiotics, and is a good source of protein. Adding meat to it doubles down on the protein. Being all male, all pirate, I need a lot of protein! If the power wasn't out I would have cooked up something like this:

HD1 XsVeCrRl.jpg

If I wasn't as hungry I might have cooked up something a wee bit smaller, like this. Of course, being a male, and pirate, I would take a smaller bite.

Guess who?

HD3 tail 1ZgSqkb2l.jpg

If you guessed Sigourney Weaver from the movie Alien; Winner Winner, Tail of the Pup dinner!

HD2 tailofthepup.jpeg

Longball

Last edited:
Thank you. musashi! :love:🙏 Thanks to everyone for good vibes :love:🙏 Some of that shit was pretty funny, thanks for the laughs, I needed a few! :) It started Thursday, my furnace died, got it fixed by Thursday night, wake up Friday, furnace dead. Take a guess it needs a new $200 control box. Furnace running Friday night. Saturday called for rain, suddenly it changed to ice. Everyone caught off guard. One half inch of ice screwed everything up. Then snow. I got 6 inches some towns got 2 feet. No heat, lights, water, toilet, for a few days. All good now. Got by with a little help from my friends. All a few of them had their own problems and old folks to take care of.

Looks pretty but is ice, not snow. A tree fell across my road, no one going anywhere at first. I got 2 chainsaws but one arm so forget it.

View attachment 83907

Then the snow. Luckily it did not take down the power lines to my house. They go thru woods and you'll be without power a long time(don't ask). It is nice living in a semi-secluded area but there is a price to pay.

View attachment 83908

This is 2-3 streets from mine. Somehow the street between us had power. Luckily those folks bought me some hot meals and coffee and charged my phone and mp3 player. Pretty boring sitting in cold candlelight. Well stocked with can goods. I think I gained a couple pounds! ;) The red buds coming out on the tree are surrounded by balls of ice. Looks pretty cool but things also sucked pretty bad.

View attachment 83909

Your typical ice storm bullshit. 80% of town had no power. Warming stations, like High Schools had no power, have a generator? No gas stations had power, drive to another town. No grocery stores. Lots of shattered ice in road from tree hitting it.

View attachment 83910

No one gets any juice until the wires get back up and connected. Many streets looked like this. Easy to see fallen tree covered with ice. Our town was hardest hit with ice. Overall, at least 84,000 people in area without power. A few still have no power! :eek:

View attachment 83911

Wasn't sure how long things would be good in fridge so ate a lot of yogurt! Yummy!

View attachment 83912

I remember being in in my 20's and when things got rough I would think, someday I'll be 70 with the use of one arm and life will be so much easier! Young and dumb I was. Over time, I did lose the young part. Being 70 with the use of one arm is harder than I had imagined. But...wave that flag high! 🏴‍☠️🏁

Thanks to all for your support and prayers! :love::)🙏

Longball
Great attitude Longball! WTF kind of yogurt is that? Funny. One of the original Little Oscars was from where I grew up. His nephew was a classmate of mine. Keep waving that Flag high and stay they same as often as you want. Nothing like a gal with a dog in her mouth. Even better when it ours!

Great attitude Longball! WTF kind of yogurt is that? Funny. One of the original Little Oscars was from where I grew up. His nephew was a classmate of mine. Keep waving that Flag high and stay they same as often as you want. Nothing like a gal with a dog in her mouth. Even better when it ours!

Someone has a dirty mind! Oh wait. It's me! :)

Thanks for the support BrotherBoris! :love:

Longball

Hello musashi! :)

I'm fine. Thanks for asking and thinking of me! :love: I live near moving fault lines so earthquakes are fairly common here. We've had 2 here in the last couple weeks so I just thought more of the same. They are usually in the 2.0 - 4.0 range so they only make local news. I'm more worried about them knocking over my top heavy plants in the summer. lol A 3.6 magnitude earthquake was felt upstate April 23, 2023. April 20 is the 22nd anniversary of a 5.1 magnitude earthquake near Plattsburgh. April may be Earthquake Month upstate New York. There are also fault lines in the southern Adirondacks that run north of Schenectady into the Mohawk Valley. And all those springs in Saratoga Springs also map out open fault lines.

I was more concerned about the rain storm that was coming up the East Coast this week. It changed to a Nor'Easter which is the worst possible winter storm. It just missed me but to the east of me up to 2 feet of heavy wet snow fell and knocked out power to hundreds of thousands of people! I got hit with 3 days of wind and rain. Took on a bit of water in the basement. Overall I fell pretty lucky what with earthquakes, Nor'Easters and such. Weather wise, a Nor'Easter is simply a cold weather hurricane. We seem to have more weather than most people! ;)

Longball

Last edited:
Back