Neville's Haze Grow

Juicy pix, Shov :D

Does your camera have a 'macro' setting? Mine is 'scene' --> 'macro' (icon looks like a lil tulip). That setting allows me to focus up close, but it eliminates the flash.

How long do you expect the g13 cross to go?

hi satlvr and PStar. The macro setting is afu in my camera. I do have another digital camera but the photo images look shitty.

as fr as breeding, im really just throwing the dice. Just because I had these $165/pak seeds and only had male plants from the first half pak I decided to use the male pollen to make seed with my Z11 female afghani. Also the G13 x NCDG was the only seed of 30 to develope under my fucked up care to produce a flowering female. and that one sativa Z11 (Afghani, just like BG) fem I ever seen yet. :) That's worth trying to preserve, if the product is special.

Shov

Week Five Bloom

G13 x NCDG
attachment.php

Sativa dom Z11
attachment.php

Two indica dom Z11 showing little yellow stamens (male flowers). I will keep these going as this grow is for smoke, not seed a crop. I did pollenate each of these plants with NH so if a plant produces exceptional smoke I'll try growing out seed, looking for sativa traits of the NH. Sorry for the shitty photo quality

attachment.php

attachment.php

Shov

Attachments

• G13.JPG
    G13.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 256
  • Sativa Z11.JPG
    Sativa Z11.JPG
    501.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Z11.JPG
    Z11.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Z11 herm.JPG
    Z11 herm.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 251
  • herm Z11.JPG
    herm Z11.JPG
    422.6 KB · Views: 251
Bloom Week Six

G-13 x NCDG looking juicy...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Z11 Indica dom hermie

attachment.php

Z11 Sativa dom. looks like it will be a late finisher

attachment.php

Thanks for looking

Shov

Attachments

• G13.JPG
    G13.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 234
  • g133.JPG
    g133.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 233
  • herm4.JPG
    herm4.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 231
  • sativa.JPG
    sativa.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 232
  • all.JPG
    all.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 237
I decided to start the next round of plants, though I don't know where I will be putting them as the present grow still has at least a week for the most of the plants and a few weeks beyond that for the sativa.

I have (8) SSH x Blueberry, (8) MNS Neville's Haze (hoping for some females this time) and one Bubblegum x Blueberry seeds germinating. I'll continue the progress reports in a new grow journal when then get to a respectable size.

Shov

Two onces of G13 x NCDG
attachment.php

Four onces of Z11 indica dom
attachment.php

Attachments

• G13 x.JPG
    G13 x.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Zindi.JPG
    Zindi.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 199
  • Zindica.jpg
    Zindica.jpg
    869.9 KB · Views: 5
Harvested at 10 weeks, a very rare sativa from a normally 100% indica strain. It was pollenated with a MNS Neville's Haze.

100_4454.jpg

All the herbs have been dried, cured and tested very fucking good! :D

New Grow

I have five Neville's Haze from MNS, One BG x BB (DP) and six SSH x BB(DP)

Three weeks old. I just FIMed the NH today.

New Grow - Transplant Week Five

50% Soil Mix, 25% FF Light Warrior, 25% Medium large Perlite.
3 gallon Bags. Well watered in.
Nutes :
Dr Thomas' Plant Necessity, Formula "X", Fox Farm Big Bloom, Cal/Mag.

Had to go out and buy a bunch of this stuff today. Lotta work, I'll have to pick up the mess tomorrow. ;)

Nice grow Shovelhandle

very nice plants. Good to see you started more NH. I m sorry about the all-male plants you got in the first round, but it can happen.

I ve had my share of bad luck as well thats why I have almost stopped vegging seedplants of unknown sex. In my opinion its pointless to spent time/space/money and effort to grow plants that will go to the bin..

Here are couple of tips that might help you avoid such a frustration again (although the odds are on your side now ).

If you intent to veg seedplants for a long time , make sure you find out the sex asap so you don't spent time on growing undesired male plants. This can be done in different ways , one method is to flower from seed (straight 12/12 or 10/14 from seed ) , you will know the sex of the plants by day 14-22 from sprout , throw away the males and go to 18/6 or 20/4 and veg your females. Veg till you are happy with the size and go back to flowering again , harvest , enjoy

I m surprised why not many people use this method and in my experience it works great with different strains including haze hybrid plants. Never had any loss of vigor or hermi probs.

Another way is to start as usual with a veg light regime , after 3 weeks or so cover a branch so no light gets to it , after few days uncover , there will be signs of sex , so you will know what to keep and what to throw away.Keep vegging for as long as you like n you know the rest.

good luck with the new batch of NH and looking forward to some pics

l33t

from l33t
If you intent to veg seedplants for a long time , make sure you find out the sex asap so you don't spent time on growing undesired male plants. This can be done in different ways , one method is to flower from seed (straight 12/12 or 10/14 from seed ) , you will know the sex of the plants by day 14-22 from sprout , throw away the males and go to 18/6 or 20/4 and veg your females. Veg till you are happy with the size and go back to flowering again , harvest , enjoy
Right with you there l33t, I use this method and find it can save months.
why waste time space etc.
peace and love
BL

Thanks Guys

That's some good info.

Here we are at week six. When I grew out the set of DP Blueberry seeds that later grew to father these crosses there were two sets of seedling according to maturing time (seed to preflower) This father was a short timer. SSH wasn't quick to show sex, and neither was Neville's Haze. I do expect the BG x BB to show this week though. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_4500.JPG
    100_4500.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 162
The plants are into their eighth week of veg and are mature (alternate nodes) but none have shown sex, as of yet. They have stretched as much as I can deal with so I've started LST on the taller ones.

Yesterday I watered and fed them. Today I changed the lamps to HPS and warm white T-5 HO and set the timer for 11 hours of light and 13 hours of dark. If no sex in another week or so I'll go to 9 hours of light. Any other suggestions appreciated. :)

I'll wait to transplant. If I'm lucky enough to have all or mostly females ethen I might just finish them all in the 3 gallon pots. If I have some males then I will have room to go into 5 gallon pails.

I've been too much busy to photo or do much of anything but I will get a photo update sometime this week.

Shov

nice to see the updates Shovelhandle

a good dose of pk will also help with the flowering onset along with the 11/13

Eight Weeks

Looking for sex every day...

NH

attachment.php

NH LST Detail

attachment.php

SSH x BB

attachment.php

BG x BB

attachment.php

Attachments

• NH week 8.JPG
    NH week 8.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 134
  • NH LST.JPG
    NH LST.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 132
  • SSH x BB week 8.JPG
    SSH x BB week 8.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 132
  • BG x BB week 8.JPG
    BG x BB week 8.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 132
Week Three 12/12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...well actually, I started at 11/13 and as even the Neville's Haze were flowering up nicely I changed to 12/12 this week.

Yesterday I put the four NH bags into 5 gallon pails. I figurre that these plants will go a month or more longer than the others, especially the BG x BB so I might as well fill the space with bud.

Back