Mr. Brown goes black

:)
Cannabis needs the right pH at the various stages of growth( depend the media used ) put your PH down and all will be fine.

The ideal pH for the Cannabis in coco Coir is between 5.8-6.0 in the Vege stage (for highest absorption of Nitrogen) and in Flowering stage needs 6.0-6.2 ph( for Potassium and Phosphorus ) that way you will be able to keep the nutrient intake high .
;)

:)
Cannabis needs the right pH at the various stages of growth( depend the media used ) put your PH down and all will be fine.

The ideal pH for the Cannabis in coco Coir is between 5.8-6.0 in the Vege stage (for highest absorption of Nitrogen) and in Flowering stage needs 6.0-6.2 ph( for Potassium and Phosphorus ) that way you will be able to keep the nutrient intake high .
;)

Thanks @Apollo (y)

I think you are right and the deficiency was caused by too high pH at the root zone. I was able to stabilize the pH in the range ~6,2-6,5

Hopefully the rest of the grow runs much smoother :)

MB

Day 80 (day 35 at 12/12)

It looks like the deficiency stopped or at least slowed down :)
The pH is ~6,2-6,5, EC is ~1000 µS, temperature is~24° C and RH is ~50% (y)
full

Widow #2 is ~76cm (~30 inches).

The new growth looks good (y)
full

full

Budalicious :love:
full

I'm quiet confident that she finishes nicely :)

Thanks to everybody for their help
MB

Day 85 (day 40 at 12/12)

Apparently the deficiency didn't stop :( Today I decided to use this grow for experiments and followed the suggestion from the book 'Hydroponics for everybody' and replaced the nutrient solution with plain pHed water. According to the book that gives the plant the opportunity to adjust its nutrient balance. After a couple of days new nutrients are added. We will see where this takes us :unsure:
full

Top shot
full

Buds develop nicely :love:
full

Keep learning
MB

Apparently the deficiency didn't stop :( Today I decided to use this grow for experiments and followed the suggestion from the book 'Hydroponics for everybody' and replaced the nutrient solution with plain pHed water. According to the book that gives the plant the opportunity to adjust its nutrient balance. After a couple of days new nutrients are added. We will see where this takes us :unsure:
Good luck. I hope this works. If it does, then there is likely too much of something which has locked out something else. Fingers crossed for you, my friend. 🤞

Sorry to see that she didn't recover as planned.... Something in my head keeps saying "it's the water not the nutrients". But I really have no clue at all... 😶
Best of luck to you that she at least will give a decent smoke!
I know your next run will be nice again!
😎
Beste Grüße 🌱🌱🌱

The pH of the nutrient solution is ~6,5 ... Unfortunately the deficiency is still there ... Any suggestions what we are dealing with?

Hello Mr. Brown,

While I've never grown in a hydro system like the one you're using, I've always heard / read that a pH of 5.5 to 6.0 is the ideal range for nutrient uptake, for a hydro set-up; so at 6.5, I'd say you have a serious case of nutrient lockout. May I ask what pH is recommended on the bottles you use? And what temperature you keep the water at?

Cheers! - FF

Harley Smith: Adjusting pH for plant growth using Ionic Grow and Europonic pH Lower and Europonic pH Raise

In this video, Smith says 5.8 - 6.0 is the ideal range for hydroponics. However, the article below places it at 5.5 - 5.7:

The Best pH Value for Cannabis Plants - CannaConnection

So, based on these 2 sources, I would say 6.3 - 6.5 is not recommended for a DWC hydro grow. Try to lower it, to 6.0, for the duration of this run. - FF

Last edited:
Hello Mr. Brown,

While I've never grown in a hydro system like the one you're using, I've always heard / read that a pH of 5.5 to 6.0 is the ideal range for nutrient uptake, for a hydro set-up; so at 6.5, I'd say you have a serious case of nutrient lockout. May I ask what pH is recommended on the bottles you use? And what temperature you keep the water at?

Cheers! - FF

Thank you @Freedom_Fighter (y)

I use the organic fertilizer from Terra Aquatica. They recommend a range between 6-7 for the pH. The organic fertilizer in hydro works a little different because you have to use a bio filter to brake down the nutrients to make them available for the plants.

Keep it green
MB

Last edited:
Sorry to see that she didn't recover as planned.... Something in my head keeps saying "it's the water not the nutrients". But I really have no clue at all... 😶
Best of luck to you that she at least will give a decent smoke!
I know your next run will be nice again!
😎
Beste Grüße 🌱🌱🌱

Thank you @pleased420 (y)

Because of your suggestion I changed my RO filter (y)

And I bet she will deliver some nice smokable buds :)

Look forward
MB

Day 100 (day 55 at 12/12)

Widow #2 is a little fighter :love:
full

Top shot
full

Main cola
full

Bud shot
full

Looks like we are getting closer to the finish line. The smell is getting stronger day by day. It's a mix from floral perfume, stinky socks and some chemical smell in the backround :)

I wish y'all a green weekend and happy 420
MB

Back