MNS all hype??????? major troubles??????

timetunnel

well yesterday i got my secound pack of BW my first one not one cracked!!! now checking my new seeds none have cracked!! i`m using the paper towel method hell i took six year old seed they poped in 14hrs. am i doing somthing wrong? man all i ever heard is MNS are the best!! after reading on several forums they seem to not be worth all the hype!!!!!!! well so far i`ve counted 86 complants about MNS not germing is there problems with seeds other than BW? dont get me wrong i`m not bashing i`m concerned should i spend what little money i have on a product that has problems??

sorry to hear that mate,

but MNS..IS worth all the hype lol j/k.

On a serious note , I would advise you contact shantibaba , send him a pm here in the forums , let him know of the prob and also post some details , like packet number (at the back) . Hope its all sorted for you soon. Generally over the years I had over 80%-90% average germ rates with MNS. Heard a few complaints but I m sure the prob in most cases is due to transport/mishandling of the postal services and seed vendors/resellers .

I know shanti tests most of his seed stock before its out for the public , so most of the times its not the fault of the breeder. Anyway pm shanti , im sure he will be willing to do his best to help , hes a busy man so just be a bit patient and I m sure he'll get back to soon. Wish you all the best and hope you finally get to try the Widow and find a nice keeper for your garden.

86 complaints?.

Out of how many packs? 1000's and 1000's.

I garantee those 86 where rectified by Shanti and probally alot more that where not genuine.

As l33t says pm Shanti with "all details" he stands over his products unlike some other breeders.

I myself have had a few germ probs, and I keep buying why?. Because of the "first class" MNS customer service.

And the hype is true!.;)

#

hey timetunnel.
Ya just pm shanti here and give him all the info as to where and when you got the seed.
do you use a heated germination tray...?
if not,get one...this alone will increase your success rate.
the heat from a light above is not good enough,as heat rises,
trust me on this...since i began use my heat mat under the tray,more seeds have germinated and clones root faster.
also...why do people germinate a seed in a paper towel,
just to have to remove it into a planter?
just plant the seed in the medium to be used....
Warm Climate 24/7 until they germinate... 80-85 F
if the seed is alive,it will grow.
scorpion

well yesterday i got my secound pack of BW my first one not one cracked!!! now checking my new seeds none have cracked!! i`m using the paper towel method hell i took six year old seed they poped in 14hrs.

Well not all seed even fresh seed will germ in 24 hours some can take 48 hours or even take up to a week to germ.

I think you need to let them do there thing a few more days.

after reading on several forums they seem to not be worth all the hype!!!!!!! well so far i`ve counted 86 complants about MNS not germing
All hype and marketing.

Have you included me in the 'complaints'? I logged 1, was taken care of, and now I am a MrN cust for life. I agree with L33t and hempy. Wait a week, if nothing, or poor performance, contact Shanti.

Maybe you should have gone with a company that focuses less on marketing and more on quality beans and cust svc. Did you try to contact Shanti before you started a thread 1st 3 words - "MNS all hype.."? I mean it seems that there are few good plants/happy growers, and lots of folks pissed off.... [/sarcasm]

Keep counting complaints.

look guys i can clearly understand the frustration of a grower that buys a pack of expensive seeds and has certain expectations , I dont know about this fellow but most people would go very angry if they found out they had just spend so much money to find out that the seed was not viable..And many will base their whole grows on those seeds as lets not forget not everyone can have some good backup seeds for the rainy days unlike many people here..
in this doggy business its most of companies that drove customers to lose their faith in seedbanks' & vendors' customer service . And unfortunately most of the times its not the breeders fault .One thing is certain Shanti is def a legit guy and one of the few that has directly helped growers of his products that had any issues , so def not a man that deserves such negative comments tho like I said I can see clearly understand the anger of the grower that had these germ issues . All I can say is mns is a great company with some of the best genetics around and with the best customer backup service.So timetunnel show a little faith and I hope all turns out well for you .

cheers ,

l33t

Hey everyone :)
I could certainly understand the disapointment involved in the non germination of quality seeds, believe me. It would be some what troubling, I dont think anyone is going to deny that.

Something that catches my attention though, is the fact this isnt the first thread timetunnel has posted on this subject.

Exhibit A

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=1282

I would have to concur with Barletta's original advice to you timetunnel.

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you. :)

JessE

Hey, Ima nice guy, but people find what they are looking for. If dood found 86 beefs, how many were settled by 'contacted Shanti, life is good'? How many did Shanti step into personally to help? I had an issue, but my thread went like - 'Spice germ issue', not 'MNS = FRAUD'.

I hope TT gets his situation worked out, whatever it is. :)

well first let me say that shanti is one hell of grower who stands behind his work, in fact the secound pack is what shanti sent me!(THANK YOU SHANTI!!) i guess its just my frustration i want to really grow his strains! and it seems to be a triple repeat! and yes i do use a heat pad and paper towel method its work for over 30yrs if it aint broken ect. and there were no #`s on the replacement pack, i live on a fixed income and what i grow i share i dont sell so it takes time for me to save to buy. i was thinking of scuffing a few but its been a long time sence i did that, well i will keep all posted stay safe everyone.

hey mate

why not try to germ some straight into soil and yesp try to scuff them and soak 24hrs in clean water first.
keep us updated , good luck

89 complaints? i might have been one of them????? i spoke to shanti everything taken care of and very happy with the outcome;) the hype is there for a reason he is a master breeder. This is my only 2nd batch of Mr nice seeds iv grown after the 1st lot and many years after growing early queen i have never found a plant that as come close to what i was looking for. I thought id try critical mass i had no germination out of the pack i bought :( then i came here and spoke to shanti and gave all the info including a 400mile trip to get the MSN seeds and all the back up info to back up my clams with in 7 days i had a new pack in my hands 24 hours later 100% germination rate http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=978 (< look at the grow) plant #14 is a fucking monster its an elite in my books for yield! im running clones from it and its easy 2oz plant with a week veg, almost 2kg per 1000w pictures to follow once i sort out a new grow room.

p.s
not been on forum much lots of shit going on building a room for this mother funking clone:D

take it easy
Nut

Mr Green?,
you just take your time m8!.

You got me thinking "your a Nut", :p

I ponder?.:D

#

Mr Green?,
you just take your time m8!.

You got me thinking "your a Nut"

I ponder?

#
hi #

ill try and take a pic of what it involves and post it up, its fucking hard work m8 smuggling a house make over under the cover of darkness :D tones of wood and insulation and grow shit without anyone seeing it fuck that im drunk and stoned dont make it any easier LOL. me and the wife have parted:D new grow on! im on a m8's computer typing this pics coming soon ;)

m8 if you?
cant be good be carefull?!.;)

And stay OFF THE STELLA!.:p

#

m8 if you?
cant be good be carefull?!

And stay OFF THE STELLA!.:p

#

LOL cheers! # ... be careful? thats my middle name;) saying that the number 666 as popped up in unreal situations in the last few weeks:eek: call me paranoid ROLF haha, fuck it!;)

GREAT NEWS!!! they all poped! :D thanks again Shanti your kindness has given me the chance to grow your strains. it really is good to know that there are breeders out there who care about their customers and prouduct! i was once sold some seeds that were OLD! come to find out more than 6yrs. the company who sold me the seeds said its the chance you take. (they didnt tell me they were old) I contacted the orig breeder to see if that batch was having problems, he tod me that batch was 6yrs. old. he was kind enough to replace them and several freeb`s. damn ramblin on.

P.S. any one gotten a freebe called Critically Smashed? and grown it?

i'm sorry to jump in all late...but this title is seriously pissing me off...i love how someone can join a forum taking an obvious shot (like some GHS troll) and then covers it all up when the problem is remedied...All hype, now that an interesting slogan to encourage future business...next time before you do all the research on the complaints maybe you should read further down the threads as practically all of them (myself included) have been remedied...hope u find what your looking for and glad everything worked out...but that title is stuck the way it is and its a bit disrespectful to one of the few breeders that shows courtesy and respect to his customers...shit pisses me off
*guess its my bitter way of saying, WELCOME to the MNS COMMUNITY

can understand you curious

Curious,

I can understand how you feel. Albeit I personally feel it a lil harsh. Yet that is my opinion. See I once (under a different handle) felt the need to jump in, and defend Shanti. At a different site when he was basically being trolled hard from people that said he was shit, and GHsco was king. After a few weeks of back, and forth. I realized something. Some people like Ghsco, and others Shanti. If someone doesn't like Shanti's work. Then by all means as has been said. Don't buy it. In essence you as well as I, and the others here know this much. Shanti's work, ethic in this business, and such speak for themselves. To me they are 100% outstanding. A few years ago when Shanti was detained by the Swiss the first time. I had a pack of Med Man. Not even opened. He offered to replace them with fresh. I hadn't tried to even crack them, and he offered. That right there sold me on MNS. What I have learned since has made my position solid on MNS, and the gear they offer. We all have our own opinions, and I would never fault you for feeling like you do. Yet as l33 said...You sepnd that kind of loot. You tend to get a lil pissed, but as far as TT said. He made amends,a nd apologized. That takes to me an even bigger person than the one who opened their mouth to bitch in the first place. Peace to you curious no harm meant in anything I have said to you...Heavy harvest to all, and best wishes...

TimeTunnel The previous pack of med man mentioned had 18 beans init I believe. I dropped 3, and found 2 of them. So I started with 17 total. These were 6 years old at least. I killed 1 on accident so out of 16. I got 14 to pop. I used advice taken from Shanti on old seed germination. I do admit I slightly modified it to my situation, but in essence. I used what I was told. I will now even for fresh seed use this method. It never hurts to try something new. Good luck to you, and I wish you a Heavy Harvest. Peace friend...

Back