Mango Widow Vigor !!!!!!!!!!!!

MangoWidow

The seeds were planted exactly twenty days ago and they are 17 inches tall, and Stinky.:D If you haven't already, get some quick!!!!. Great job on another Shanti. This strain is unbelievable. resinbud
Hi resinbud,
when I grew out the Mango Widow, I did the entire grow from seed at 12/12 photoperiod. No veg time,and she still finished at just under 5 ft tall indoors at 90 days.
a clone i took from same plant, was flowered at 6 inches and it too finished at just under 5 ft .so I would begin bloom as soon as clones have been taken and labelled from mother plants. The Mango Widow i had was very low odor.large full buds that turned gold at harvest. lovely sweet taste on the tongue with a very strong clear head high,that lasts several hours.

peace

Hi Scorpion! Thanks a great deal for the information given, it is much appreciated.:)
I have a very low head space in my setup, and thought that may be 9on and 15 off might be the solution.
There is only 2.5 ft in head room with 150hps and three Florescence totaling 600 watts with 255cfm, 14,300lumens, through scrubber.
My question to you or anyone is can you start the MW at 2inches and flower real short with the 9on 15 off for short plants?
Thanks for your interest Scorpion. Again I must say you have a very nice Gallery. peace, resinbud:D

Hi resinbud,
I personally will not grow indoors with less than 10 hrs minimum lights ON.
it sounds like your area is very small with 2.5 ft head space. the light wattage is a bit low too,but will do if you have the plants close to the fluros,
focus on small plants,and do alot of tyeing and triming of any smaller lesser flowers so the terminal flower tips will have all available energy .

I read an article long ago about Light manipulation,and how it effects Cannabis.
it was written by DJ Short and entails how to get the
Sativa out of your Plants
there is a fine line of just a few minutes either way as to what a flowering plant will do and how it will go about it.
I currently use this for Haze types or just long season sats...
13/11...12.5/11.5...12/12...11.5/12.5.....11/13...this is real close to Jamaicas outdoor photoperiod
only go lower for stubborn sats to finish
10.5/13.5...10/14...HARVEST

I would highly recommend this photoperiod for Nevs,Mango and originalHaze
the time between light cycle changes can be custom tailored to specific plants needs.

I will post up a photo of Afghan x Haze F1's into three weeks bloom, the tallest is 24 inches and has about 8-10 weeks to go. Stretch has slowed and stopped in a couple plants...we are currently at 12.5 off/11.5 on...

U can do it!

peace

Hi Scorpion! Thanks a great deal for the information given, it is much appreciated.:) I have a very low head space in my setup, and thought that may be 9on and 15 off might be the solution. There is only 2.5 ft in head room with 150hps and three Florescence totaling 600 watts with 255cfm, 14,300lumens, through scrubber. My question to you or anyone is can you start the MW at 2inches and flower real short with the 9on 15 off for short plants? Thanks for your interest Scorpion. Again I must say you have a very nice Gallery. peace, resinbud:D

Hi guys you can go even lower in lites on all it does is help speed up flowering on the stuben sats you can go as slow as 7 lites on.

If you can only grow a plant to say 2.5 ft and want to say try a haze hybreed you can take clones as there put in to root do it at 12/12 root the clones in flowering mode so as they root the plants are closer to flowering then keep them in 12/12 and as they sex drop it to 10/14 if the plants look like there going to go past the limited hight then train them to grow side ways basicly tie downs.

The 45 day high Tall Pheno

I forgot to tell you that I was high as shit from the Tall MW smoke. The high from this was pretty quick in affect. The quickness from 1 to 10, I would say at this early stage is a 7. It was very smooth from the get go with a very nice high that hits you hard,very clear, and is excellent. I can only imagine it at 100 days, and slowly dried, then put in jars for 1 to 3 months.:p This MW is a very underated strain that should be given immediate attention for the true connoisseur, and from this early stage with this pheno, would be all one would ever need for a lifetime, I am sure. When Scorpion said an 8.5 he sure told the truth. The short MW, is turning out to be a very, very, excellent pheno. I will have to wait on this one as no branches were broken in the move.:rolleyes: This short pheno is a bud on a stick, but I would list it as a Giant Pussy, filling out like a moderately obese jeuvenile, and will only get fatter till she can't move and may possibly break the stulk!!! I will reinforce if needed. Until the next time, This is the rest of the story.:cool: peace, resinbud

MW Update

I would first like to say that the MWs I have are exceptional as you all know. I have taken pictures of both to share, and I will eventually put them on this site for viewing:D . When I first put both of these outside they were exactly 24 days vegged from seed in 20 gallon containers each, feeding organics only.The short MW, smells like cat piss, and is frostier looking than the tall MW, very white, and very widow looking. When first flowered they stopped stretching at 30 days with the short finishing 2 days earlier. Flowering after the stretch has been 30 days total with 60 days remaining until harvest. I was hoping for an earlier date, but did not figure in the 30 days of stretch.:( I will have enough to last me all of 2008 I am sure. I was considering the SSH, but feel this will satisfy even the most seasoned tokers, and probably won't spend the money on the SSH. I hope my information on the MW is clear and interesting like a silent movie for all interested. If not please let me know and I will leave this site, peace, resinbud

Hey man

hi resinbud,
the mango widow is such a great plant,hybrid vigor like back in the beginning.
i think after I finish up these EQ x Haze I just put into bloom tday,I will look for the mango widow queen I had before. i still have most of my pack,as i only planted 2 last time and got a male and the female queen...i think another is in there.

Hey Man,dont despair and please do not drag up ...I think if you put up a few photos of your grow,you will get more hits on your thread.
to me it sounds like your haveing a blast with this Mango Widow Plant,I know I was impressed by only one,and you have a few so lets see some.

Even though I dont post alot,I do read most of the new threads daily,as do alot of others.

Hang in there mate...

peace

MW

Hello Scorpion!! Hey thanks man, I very much appreciate your concern for me, God bless. I just want to say that I am very proud to be a member of this site, and feel kind of bad that I did not go directly to the Welcome center on this site. Man, I just smoked some bad ass MW a few minutes ago from the tall pheno and it is KILLER. The smoke today is 63 days old. ( I picked a bottom bud ):D and I believe it is very close to finishing?? The pistals on the Tall one are turning red, but the resin is cloudy , and waiting for a a little amber. This all means that the tall MW will finish in an unbelievable 33 days flowered, and will probably finish 45 :cool: This one is 74 inches tall with a very nice COLA at the top, and is solid white. Yeah,45 days I will harvest?. I will be putting up pictures soon. I will keep you all posted. This is unbelievable for a sativa I would think? peace, resinbud

30 days from seed veg, 33 days flowered harvest.

I just want to clarify that the MW is 63 days old from seed, and 33 days till finished flowered, but will take it with more amber at 45 days total flowered. peace, resinbud

clarification on Tall MW

I have to explain myself some so alot of you will know were I am coming from, and would never give false information concerning a grow. First off, Both MW phenos sexed in 7 days after first putting them both out side. They both were 24 days old when this was done. They were both put in flower time, were I live in the tropics. The short pheno stopped growing a few days earlier than the Tall pheno, so lets just say 30 days. Flowering has begun, 11 on, 13 off sunset to sundown. After just 33 days flowering the Tall pheno I feel may be very close, do to the cloudiness of the resin? There were a few evenings a few weeks ago were the temperature was aroud 56 degrees, but only for a very short early morning span maybe 8 hours tops?? This may account for the early reddish color on the pistils? I will probably let it go as you mentioned Jesse, but I don't know it sure looks ready now. The short pheno has all clear pistils with no turn in color, and they were both together the whole time? The only mistake I made in telling you about the plant is from seed today the Tall MW and short are 87 days old total today with 63 total stretch and flower. peace, resinbud

Having trouble transfering pictures?

Hello all! I am trying to download to this site, and having problems:( I am a little afraid to go through kodak, and I used a Canon program. The pictures are on my computer:p but don't transfer over to this site. I know all of you don't like to be e-mailed as this is really the onlyway to transfer them? I am afraid to use the Kodak way as they want my e-mail address. Any suggestions with this dilemma? peace, resinbud

SativaFan, I have downloaded all 17 pictures on my hardrive, and still having problems transfering them to this site. The canon program is on my digital camera, and that is why I used it. For some reason the pictures won't transfer over.:( resinbud

I just sent you a PM with all the details you need to know..I send you 2 step by step PMs first one for using pics from your gallery and the 2nd is for attachments.

If you still have problems let us know.

By the way use .JPG format files always for the NET.

Could only send two for now, Sorry

L33t, I could only send two at present:( but I will try again tomorrow. Thanks alot for this wouderful info, it is great. I am still having problems, and I am doing exactly what you said to do without further luck. The small plant picture is the Tall MW clone, and she is 41 days old from stretch to flower, a total of 41 days old from the swamp. she is very short and filling out nicely. The bud picture is the Tall MW pheno, and is 63 days old the day of picture. I have 15 more that are even nicer than these, but felt this is a start. Thanks for your help as I will probably need more. Your very kind L33t.:) Tomorrow is another day. resinbud

here are your pictures man...

they look pretty good...
IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

peace

hey man ,i just click on Photos...then click on Upload Photos...
then select photos I want to upload from my PC...then click Upload...
website does the resizeing automatically...
No Problems Mon!

pretty simple stuff man

Hay! Scorpion,L33t, I am glad you like the pictures. The short MW, I have is a massive one at 63 days, but for some reason was unable to download like the rest:mad: I have tried and tried with no luck. This is why I stayed up this late, but tomorrow is another day. I have a few pictures with the Tall, MW right along side the short MW, and will show tomorrow, I hope. All of these pictures are 63 days old since flowered. peace, resinbud

L33t, I could only send two at present:( but I will try again tomorrow.

You can only upload 2 pics in your gallery at a time.

You can go and repeat the process as many times as you want though.When you have uploaded all your pics in your gallery , open a new window on your internet explorer (or firefox if you use this one) and go edit your post .

Open in a new window , and go to your gallery and copy and paste the BBcode link of all pics you want into your post (at the first window where you are still editing your post).

So copy and paste all the links one at a time into your post.. Note* You can only 'add' 4 pics per single post.

So if you want to post more images, make a new post and add the rest new images there.

Hope this helps , if you still have any prob let us know.

Last edited:
Still having problems with the picks?

L33t,Scorpion,Sativafan, I have tried just downloading the rest of the pics, and this site says that it was successful bur no pictures? The most frustrating thing about this is the differences in phenos. The tall MW is side by side the short MW, and would be a great photo to show the differences with overall height. I will eventually get them up so please bare with me until I am successful with the downloads. I would also like to mention that the tall MW, clone you see in the picture at 41 days is in a buried 5 gallon container with my own soil recipe just so you know. The soil you see around it is very poor and sandy with plenty of fire ants that sting:eek: I will keep trying to download the pictures. peace, resinbud

Back