Mango Inbred & LaNina

PatrickStar

Howdy fam :) got some hazes on the run. Have 4 female Mango Haze inbreds & 5 LaNina seedplants on the go in a tent & have another 5 LaNina offsite that I will be both pollinating & grabbing cuts of. Plants are ~2mo old, give or take. The first few weeks were in survival/stealth mode so they have only been getting love for the last ~6 weeks.

Plants started in beercups & after almost a month went into 1/2 gallon plastic grow bags. ~3 weeks in the bags & I put them into 3 gallon smarties (gro-round brand, they run a little bigger than smartpot brand) last week. Culled 1 Mango before sexing due to her extreme internode distance. Culled a few possible females because they weren't actually spitting hairs & I couldn't risk the space on a possible male. Started with ~20 mango seeds & 10 LN to get my 4 & 5 females, respectively. I think I dropped 7 LN to get those 5 females offsite. This thread will mostly focus on my plants, but if I can get shots of the others, I'll post em.

Never did Mango Inbred or regular Mango Haze, but have done SSH & lots of SSH f2's & outcrosses. Also had a Mango haze dom Angel Heart cutting for a while. Did the LaNina when I was wet behind the ears & tripped over a killer female. Hoping I can do both lines justice this time thru.

Here's a pic from under the 8 bulb t-5 they live under. Taken within a day or two of the repot. I'll get newer & better pics up over the next few days.
picture.php

Soil is homemade peat/coco/perlite/compost/chickkin shit. Crab and Kelp do the heavy lifting with some Dr Earth blue bag, Jobes flowering, and Azomite in there. Neptune's Harvest fish hydrolysate, Ful-Humix, Earth Juice catalyst, GH potassium silicate (forget name) & epsom are my solubles. I have 8oz samples of Soul synthetics bloom & Soul Infinity at the ready & have almost used up my sample of oregonism XL ;). Because I'm a pot grower, I also have GH Bloom/Micro & dynagro grow if I need it :p Water is good city tap. ~.1-.2 ec, mostly calcium, chlorine not chloramine & ph's mid-high 7's. 1/2 teaspoon/gal of catalyst or fish brings ph to ~6. I started growing pot with this water, so I know it can be done lol.

Gonna flower them in the pots they are in, hopefully with a parabolic 1k halide. Planning on laying down a screen in the next few days & flipping within a week or so.

Hey Mr P
I look forward to seeing how these go especially the MH inbred. Good luck
PS.. that media mix you have made sounds 'tasty'.

Yeah baby! Now you got my attention. Just finished an MH grow and before that LN. Love the LN for its clarity and appreciate the complex subleties of MH- it really is super smoke. I just hope I can get the MH cured up properly before I smoke it all heheh. Strangely I had the same problem with the LN. So fine so very fine. Very grateful for these fine contributions by Shanti.

Aloha braddahhhh
M

Professor, Mu, howdy :) Thanks for stopping in, I hope I can put on a decent show :)

Here's a shot of the tent from 2 nights ago. Was just sitting in there & snapped this one for scale for a friend of mine. Tent is 66" x 66" square, and plants probably fill ~70-80% of space right now. 8 days after repot.
picture.php

Mo...

Here are the offsite plants. 3 Lanina & 4 Mk/Sk. I'm helping, but these are in the hands of a true first timer who knows not of the internet forums or a greg green book. Cheap peat based depot-soil (dr earth pot of gold, chikkun shit, peat, perlite, lime, dr earth blue bag) & she in on instructions to feed 1 tablespoon catalyst per 5 gallons of her tap water (tap comes in @ ~.5-.6ec but we work with what we got). Repotted into those tubs before the pic form 3 gallon plastic bags.
picture.php

picture.php

LaNina repotted, MkSk waiting.
picture.php

One of the middle of the road rootballs. Most were nicer than this & 1 of the Mk/Sk was less rootmassive. I'm pretty sure that this is an mk/sk. Not going to really feature the mk/sk in this thread, I'll do something when I run them from clone.
picture.php

picture.php

Mo...

There was a post in here asking about pollen & males & all, but now it's gone. Oh well lol.

Lanina Male. Skunky & seedplant seems like it has very tight nodes for this line.
picture.php

Mk/Sk male. Nice lil plant, I'm showing the padawan how to make & label her own "f2" seeds (f2 lol). Will be mk/sk on mk/sk & lanina on lanina.
picture.php

Mo...

Mixed sooo much soil for that grow last night haha. Ok, here are my plants. They all got soaked last night with (per gallon):
Ful-Humix @1/10tsp
Epsom salt @~1/5tsp (appx 1 gram)
Fish Hyd. @1/2tsp
Ful-power @1Tbsp
Bt Mosq. Dunk @1/4 dunk per 5 gallon

They take ~3+ liters to go from dry to soaked/runoff.

Mango #1. This is the outlier of the 4 mangos I have. Stacking much tighter than the other 3 which all appear sort of similar.
picture.php

Mango #2
picture.php

Mango #3. Was last to get watered & I forgot to snap a 'standardized' pic. I like this one. Viggah.
picture.php

Mango #4.
picture.php

Mo...

Lanina #1. Most jungle-riffic plant in there. Hopefully I can train her to stay in the tent haha.
picture.php

Lanina #2.
picture.php

Lanina #3. This one could get a lil wild before we are all said and done.
picture.php

Lanina #4. Sativa expressive, but shorter & more delicate looking than some of the others.
picture.php

Lanina #5.
picture.php

Mo...

By the looks of it, it looks like you're having a mighty fine time.
Pure horsepower. Love these 2 selections.

Cool runnin
M

Very nice and healthy looking, Patrick.
I have some MH going, (5) from MNS seed pack and a couple of f2 along with a dozen or so other plants. They are a bit stretched out but all have 11 section leaves as does the Mauritius sativa that is in there with them. They have been in bloom a week and some have shown female and I hope the rest are fems as well.
Gluk on your grow!

Hi mu, yup gotta love the sativa leaners! I moved to Cali a few years ago & while the indica/purple/commercial herb is unreal good & cheap & plentiful, VERY few cats growing any good sativa dom plants (newsflash California - Santa Cruz Blue Dream is not a pure sativa, lol). I ran clones for a while & ask me how many times people turned down the best plant I had - a 12 week ssh/abusive og/g13hz. Almost every time lol. "Got any GDP or Cooks or Sour???" "Yeah, how many do you need... :frownieface: " Didn't help the cause to let patients know that it finished in Nov lol.

Shov, thanks for stopping by, long time no see-um. :) These don't have the 11 leaf joints yet, but the mangoes will get there, I think. The Lanina seems to like growing its 5 BARELY overlapping leaves with the dark green & the spiky leaf edges. I don't remember exactly, but I don't think I remember the Lanina throwing lots-of-leaflet leaves from when I ran her years ago. Good luck yerself with your grows, I've always appreciated your work!

Ok, got most of the building done & plants are getting ready to flip. Took out my 440w t-5 & dropped the 1k halide on em. Left it ~12" 'too-high' the first night just to let them acclimate to the intensity & to monitor temps. They love the light & I'm liking the thermometer readings haha.

1 month under the t-5. No more t-5. Sorry it's fuzzy, these are from a $30 cell phone. I have an actual cam, but need to locate the cord. If I could go back in time & take a clearer pic, I would lol.
picture.php

Hung my new cheapo filter & 10 year old 8" Max-fan. No shit, the tent WON't collapse with all that shit hung up haha!!!
picture.php

Before the screen.
picture.php

Wrapped 3 walls of the tent, just in case the tropics come out to play. Screen down, 1k blazin, 8 hour nights, we'll be on 12/12 by Thanksgiving. :D
picture.php

Now that's the way to get er done. I'm much respecting your work these daze Patrick. Thanks for the share.

Aloha braddahhh
M

Thank ye kindly, mu :)

Topped em up with ~1oz Dr earth blue & ~2oz Kelp meal in some leftover soil. Watered in with Silica, fish hydrolysate, & catalyst @ .6ml/gal ea (1 tbsp in a 5 gallon of each) Also gave em the standard 1 teaspoon each per 5 gallon of Ful-humix & epsom salts. Grabbed teh rest of my ful-power from the other grow & been using it at 15ml/gallon. The most sensitive plant is looking a lil hot, so gonna go with just epsom, humic & fulvic for the next week.

As a group, the Laninas are looking to want to get much taller than the Mango inbreds. No plants are really triggering after 3 nights of 12/12 & a drawdown for 3-4 nights prior to that. Still working on getting a better camera solution lol.

picture.php

Smells like amazing sativa when I open up the tent :D

good luck with the Dr Shyte (Dr. Earth) products. I tried a bag (sealed) of organic soil and it caused big trouble in the grow. Bag had gnat larvae in the soil that ate my little seedlings roots. I had to toss out the whole shitload. So once I get a bad product, I'm out. The retailer didn't' make good either, I'm out of there too.

I'm also growing MH, I have four from MNS seeds and two f2. Got 13 other plants also. This is the first grow in a while that I didn't top a thing. Just into bloom by two weeks and the MNS MH are just about 4' from the floor. They have preflowers but not blooming yet, as is a Mauritius sativa of the same age. All the other strains are blooming nice. Maybe I'll reduce lights to 11 hours.

Hi Shov :) I would like to use individual organic amendments bought a few pounds at a time from a grow shop a few blocks away from my house for a buck or 2 a pound. Again ;) (shoutout to AgMart, Greenfire, & advanced garden supply. Paddy will be home soon :p ) However, I'm back in a place that has DePot & Lowes & NO hydroshops & NO garden centers stocked past ~Oct 1. My options are a bit limited. I bought the crab, kelp, coco, & azomite online. I bought the rest of the soil stuff at DePot or lowes. Everything for the medium at the other site is from DePot.

The soil for the other site has some Dr earth orange bag (Pot of Gold?) soil in it & it's not infested with fungus gnats. My own soil had some compost/chickenshit added (DePot) that brought with it an infestation. Couple of mosquito dunks later, I think I have tamed them :) I'm using Dr Earth dry nutes because they are the best thing that's available locally. The options are Dr earth, Espoma, Jobe's or Miracle grow (forget what the organic line is called). Of those, only Dr earth's ingredients are close to what I would put in my soil if I had access to the individual amendments.

How do you like the mangoes? You did SSH, right? How would you compare the 2 lines? Mango Hz is like SSH but more sativa? You are a brave man, not topping your satty's. Mine have been topped a few dozen times collectively & as of a day or 2 ago, I was still popping off runaway tops in an attempt to keep the canopy sane-ish lol.

FWIW, I used to run 11/13 all the time in a bloom room that was essentially perpetual. Ran that way for 3-4 years. Running the same strains from 12/12, I noticed no increase in flower time & noticed a bump in yield going back to the standard 12/12. I made the switch after I read a published GW Pharm funded study that looked at total plant weight, cannabinoid content, trich ripeness & overall potency differences between 11, 12, & 13 hour nights across a few different GW varieties. The study did 2 runs indoors & one outdoor greenhouse with supplemental hid's. They would not list the weights, as the author stated that info could be used to foster criminal activity lol. They measured & recorded everything else, though & found that 12/12 was the efficiency sweetspot between plant performance & electricity costs. I went back to the 12/12 after reading the study (wsh I could find it again, but was long ago) & I think I did the right thing.

Fantastic, healthy looking plants you got there PatrickStar, top work! And FWIW i 100% agree with you on the 12/12. I have some of these MH inbred so looking forward to seeing how yours turn out. :)

Hiya Red & al :) Thanks for stopping in, I hope the show continues to go as planned so you guys can see whats in these beans with me.

Had to take a lil trip outta town, left on the 6th night of 12/12 & returned on the 12th. Setup a cheapo depot (lowes actually lol) irrigation with 1/2" black poly pipe & spaghetti lines run to sprayers (dribblers with the 250gpm pump & 9 sites, lol). No timer, but cancer mom can read & was down to help. Green stuff is dynagro, res was appx 15 gal when I left.
picture.php

Came back to bah-bam! Raised the light 6" before I left & had to raise it another 6" when I got home.
picture.php

The food is in the topdress, and the topdress went bone ass dry, so they are looking a little hungry. I soaked em all down with ~6ml/gal Soul synthetics bloom & 15ml fulpower. If they are still hungry in a day or 2 when they are thirsty, I'll dose em with dynagro. If not, I'll just Ph with the fish.
picture.php

picture.php

2 Mangoes are beasts, & 2 are squat compared to their tentmates. Looks like 1 squat Lanina & the Lanina seem quicker to budset than do the Mangoes as a group. 2 full weeks as of lights on tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good to see you still cranking, looking great. Gonna be real crowded in there though. Probably just prune fan leaves like crazy and let the jungle bud take over!

Back