Freakwork

Ok, so basically this is the story.
This year and onwards will be MNS.. Freakwork , and 1 or 2 Bros Grimm lines.
The grail and the other new offerings are coming up.
But first MNS project will be Afghan Haze.
The AH in my opinion is the one.
I'm going to be searching for the ultimate AH male.
In my experience the AH male is the ultimate Haze breeding tool.
But as it goes,
I will see how it works out, I have some interesting plans.
Regarding the other MNS lines, I will be growing out many lines and adopting the Luther Burbank method, select the best, reject all others.
Different lines have their different qualities, but I am at the stage where names don't matter so much, the plant matters.
With the Grail line and new offerings, from what I have seen there will be gold to be found, so I will be growing them due to the genetics involved.
Now to the Freak
The plan.
I will be working with the leaf morphology of the Freak, creating my own variations, and working with my top selections to see if I can create some unique lines....I have a few things worked out with a crew I was in contact with on my recent travels...they are very interested in the freak for stealth reasons.
Hopefully I can come up with a few goods for them.
I also have plans of entering some MNS genetics in the 2021 Nimbin cup... hopefully make a bit of a name for MNS.
The photos shared are my current freak project, one specimen displayed full freak traits, while a fair percentage are displaying slight mutations.
I will get into it more when I have more to show 🙏💚✌️.... Sensient 👽

You know if the freak leaves Gene is dominant or recessive?
Hmm? Good question . If it is recessive it would take a very long time to get a cross to exhibit those leaves kinda like when breeding for the auto flower trait where you will have 0% in the f1 and 25% in the f2. If I am thinking about this correctly.
Edit: as in when you cross a photo with auto.

Hmm? Good question . If it is recessive it would take a very long time to get a cross to exhibit those leaves kinda like when breeding for the auto flower trait where you will have 0% in the f1 and 25% in the f2. If I am thinking about this correctly.
Edit: as in when you cross a photo with auto.
It would be even worth if this trait is the result of a combination of several recessive genes....but if the breeders you got the seeds from could stabilise it, it must be only one recessive gene. Keep us posted for your results it's a very interesting project you're doing here.

EDIT: The Freakshow line used is stabilised for the full mutant leaf trait. I'm not sure what Fillial generation the seed are that I used***
Hey guys, yeah the leaf mutation is recessive.
This is the F2, this was the only specimen that displayed the full mutant leaf trait.
Many seedlings were culled, the others pictured are displaying slight mutations.
I did not count how many seeds were germed but it was ongoing over a couple of weeks.
Im very interested in the leaf morphology, being the F2 gen I was expecting a larger occurrence of the mutant leaf trait.
It will be interesting exploring further.
I have plenty of seed to play around with so I'll be doing a proper selection to produce an F3 and also plan to outcross to another freak line , it's pretty interesting playing around with these genetics even though I have only really had a peak.
The Freakshow just really sparked my interest for some reason.
Anyway, I'll keep you guys up to date.
Sensient

This is the F2, this was the only specimen that displayed the full mutant leaf trait.
Many seedlings were culled, the others pictured are displaying slight mutations.
I did not count how many seeds were germed but it was ongoing over a couple of weeks.
Im very interested in the leaf morphology, being the F2 gen I was expecting a larger occurrence of the mutant leaf trait.
I have plenty of seed to play around with so I'll be doing a proper selection to produce an F3 and also plan to outcross to another freak line , it's pretty interesting playing around with these genetics even though I have only really had a peak.
Sensient
The good point is you can start a lot of seeds and see in early veg stage which ones bare the trait you're looking for.... No need to finish the plants to select.
The freak deformation make me think of tagetes leaves:

EDIT: The Freakshow line used is stabilised for the full mutant leaf trait. I'm not sure what Fillial generation the seed are that I used***
Sensient
A trait like this will be easy to identify so should be easy on the initial selection . I hope that the terps are not tied to the leaf morphology. Otherwise crossing may be in vane.

Hey guys, so the project goes ahead.
The testers were binned, and now it's time to get down to some serious work.
I will be germinating 50 freaks at a time to select for Freak phenos.
All the rest will be discarded.
I am hoping to end up with 50 specimens all displaying the full Freakshow deformity.
Freak hybrids tend to display different levels/types of leaf deformities, so I will also look at other interesting leaf types.
I am about to purchase another light, so I can get my Afghan Haze project going.
I'm really looking forward to this one, the Afhaze is such a special line...it's been awhile since I've had the pleasure.
The Freakshow has is very unique in both looks and effect.
Some phenos have a very unique up psychedelic effect....it very different from other cannabis.
I am hoping to add some Afghan Haze magic to the mix....if things work out it should make for some very interesting results.
The Freakshow genetics contain Big Sur holy and old school big bud / northern lights.
So hybrids with some MNS lines should be very interesting.
Anyway, in the end the Afghan Haze is my main focus.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can find.
It's going to be a great year for MNS in my garden this year, I can't wait ✌️🙏👽

Back