Could someone please help identify what is wrong with my plant

Alex2

Hello everyone,

I’m currently growing a few plants in a tent under a 300W spider farmer LED. I have reported a month old plant into a 14litre pot filled with biobizz all mix and one of the plants have gone a funny colour. Could someone please help on what is the problem.IMG_2525.jpeg

Thank you for the reply, if it persists what would you recommend?i
Consider a deficiency...but it can't be due to a lack of nutriment in a rich soil like that so early...so more probably a ph/lock problem.

I had this before with that kind of soil.
I have my own bro science théorie about that: those soils can contain a buffer to stabilize ph into the right range.
When you water with ph corrected water the acid you add fucks the buffer and make a mess.
I don't know what it worths, I can be wrong but since I don't correct the ph anymore when using that kind of soil i've never seen any deficencies.

Last edited:
Consider a deficiency...but it can't be due to a lack of nutriment in a rich soil like that so early...so more probably a ph/lock problem.

I had this before with that kind of soil.
I have my own bro science théorie about that: those soils can contain a buffer to stabilize ph into the right range.
When you water with ph corrected water the acid you add fucks the buffer and make a mess.
I don't know what it worths, I can be wrong but since I don't correct the ph anymore when using that kind of soil i've never seen any deficencies.
Thank you, next time I water I will not correct the ph and see what happens

Hello everyone,

I’m currently growing a few plants in a tent under a 300W spider farmer LED. I have reported a month old plant into a 14litre pot filled with biobizz all mix and one of the plants have gone a funny colour. Could someone please help on what is the problem.View attachment 82469
I am still very much a growing noob, what quin and Tom said I would completely agree with. I'm not sure if your lights can dim, but I would lower the brightness a little while they recover.

you never correct the ph of your water when you use soil

it’s the soil that acts as a buffer
Ok thank you, probably why I’m having issues. I’ve just watered them, last time was a week ago because they are in big pots, with fresh non ph adjusted water and I’ll monitor them through the next week. Thank you for your feed back

I am still very much a growing noob, what quin and Tom said I would completely agree with. I'm not sure if your lights can dim, but I would lower the brightness a little while they recover.
I’m also a noob, nothing wrong with that title, yes I can dim the lights. It was dimmed to 60% but in the instructions it says to have the lights on to about 80% in veg so I’ve turned them up a bit and I noticed the leaves this morning reaching up to it. Have you had any issues with light levels with LED’s you could share please ?

Hi
this could be the begining of a CalMag shortage do they get CalMag?

Peace
No not at the minute, they are only a week in the fresh soil so I haven’t fed them anything yet. I have a bottle nutrient set with micro nutrients. Could I add some of the micro to the water or would I have to buy the cal mag ?

Because u sad the plant is a month old and under artificial light they need CalMag i dont know if the micro nuts contains calmag i had extra calmag

You could try spraying with a very light nutrient solution if it is a deficiency but if it’s over fert. not a good idea. Hard to tell but may be worth a try and you will know almost immediately. It may be my imagination but I like making a weak Superthrive solution and spraying or watering with it when I see a problem and for me it works or my plants have a Placebo effect…

I’m also a noob, nothing wrong with that title, yes I can dim the lights. It was dimmed to 60% but in the instructions it says to have the lights on to about 80% in veg so I’ve turned them up a bit and I noticed the leaves this morning reaching up to it. Have you had any issues with light levels with LED’s you could share please ?

I've had tonnes of light issues with led to be honest. This is all bro science, but what my current belief is that LEDs push the plants harder than any other form of light and they seem to need slightly more nutrients because of this. Lower the light slightly and they seem to be fine.

I've just flipped and I am still on around 60% brightness and they are doing better than any of my previous runs where I just left it on 100%. I am using better soil though, I'd highly recommend watching a full build a soil series on YouTube

what is your humidity like? early on in the grow nutrient deficiencies are rarely the problem in my experience. - climate on the other hand... also the plant is still settling in to a new environment. take it easy on it. dont put the light at max intensity and dont overwater or fertilize.

just 2 more cents.

what is your humidity like? early on in the grow nutrient deficiencies are rarely the problem in my experience. - climate on the other hand... also the plant is still settling in to a new environment. take it easy on it. dont put the light at max intensity and dont overwater or fertilize.

just 2 more cents.
Humidity is about 50% daytime temperature is about 20c and nighttime temp is about 18c

I've had tonnes of light issues with led to be honest. This is all bro science, but what my current belief is that LEDs push the plants harder than any other form of light and they seem to need slightly more nutrients because of this. Lower the light slightly and they seem to be fine.

I've just flipped and I am still on around 60% brightness and they are doing better than any of my previous runs where I just left it on 100%. I am using better soil though, I'd highly recommend watching a full build a soil series on YouTube
I’ve just turned my light down to 50% so the plants will be getting about 150w of LED light

Humidity is about 50% daytime temperature is about 20c and nighttime temp is about 18c
yeah, so try to aim at 70% humidity and temperature of 24,5 c. which should be ideal in vegetative state. - they also just have few leaves in the beginning, so time is on your side. give it a bit of time and the plant will have more leaves automatically improving humidity. it sounds to me a combination of low temp, low humidity and transplanting. what is root temperature like? are the pots on a cold concrete floor? maybe get a mat in between that. etc.

Again, not claiming absolute truth here. just pitching in.

I suspect light is too bright too.
18” -24” from young plants.
I have a bad habit of cranking up the brightness too fast and similar signs appear.

Also if you just transplanted and other plants look good it could just need some time.It looks more healthy than unhealthy for certain so I would give it some time.
A few wet and dry cycles will get those roots working.

Back