Butta Radio

@n2ishun said: "I want that guitar....obviously custom small shop luthier made but have no idea who that luthier is."

The head luthier at the Maton Guitar Custom Shop is Andy Allen. I am not sure if the model pictured, Australian EA80C, is made in the custom shop. It appears to be a non-custom shop made guitar, though Andy Allen may have had a hand in it's design and building. Maybe so, maybe not. Maton Guitars are great guitar's with a great tone!

Go for it! No one is looking at your bald, skeletal self. We are all looking to see if you really can use your pinky. If not, you get the salute! If you can, I will stay out of your stash.

Longball

These days I *try* to play strictly improv style.
It's no fun playing whatever song that has been beat to death on the radio....over and over.
There's are some times when I can just randomly play a note and it just all comes together and works.
It's like a form of magic or something....everything seems to fall together and I have no idea how, and worse I never remember the chops.
But damn is it fun and when one of those magic times really comes together anyone watching just jaw drops and usually asks 'what's that song, I've never heard it before?'.
When you say, ehh I was just messing around no song really, that's when the jaws really drop.
I'd never lie and say I can do it every time like that, maybe every 3rd time ?

Sometimes I don't pick it up for extended periods of time but then after a break, it's like you discover something that was holding you back, and now you have overcome that hurdle and the journey continues. Then to see your playing improve as well is always a gas.
That's called having your frame of mind change, it's more common than you would think
I have been trying to get the basic Lightnin' Hopkins riff down for years!!
I still don't have it down, but by not looking at the music notation and switching on my ears I made more progress than I had previously when I would have had my head stuck in a book trying to read the sheet music.
I usually have those moments, in the pocket as they say, when I have just the right amount of weed and alcohol mixed up inside me, but then I'm not sure if I am sounding good or if I just think I'm sounding good, but even stone-cold sober it is still fun to get lost in the music.
I see why blues musicians gave their guitars girlfriend status and named them.
I think my acoustic is the first thing I would grab if the house was on fire, followed closely by my stash and photo albums.
My main guit-fiddle is a custom shop Martin D28 with a Adirondack top and Madagascar rosewood back and sides.
I'm the one that spec'd it to the custom shop and lawdy it wasn't cheap.
You know it's the first thing I'm grabbing even before paperwork like deeds and bank account info.
That guitar really makes me a better player and it's because the intonation is absolutely flawless perfect and no other reason.
You can play the most nuanced G7th susp add 9 and hear every little bit of the note, every string rings true.
I highly recommend one :)

That's called having your frame of mind change, it's more common than you would think

My main guit-fiddle is a custom shop Martin D28 with a Adirondack top and Madagascar rosewood back and sides.
I'm the one that spec'd it to the custom shop and lawdy it wasn't cheap.
You know it's the first thing I'm grabbing even before paperwork like deeds and bank account info.
That guitar really makes me a better player and it's because the intonation is absolutely flawless perfect and no other reason.
You can play the most nuanced G7th susp add 9 and hear every little bit of the note, every string rings true.
I highly recommend one :)
A Martin guitar is something I plan on owning one day. Your's almost sounds too good to take out of the case.
The D28 would be something to be well proud of in anybody's collection. Attention to detail and craftmanship unsurpassed.
I dream about playing those open E songs off Blood On The Tracks on a Martin.
Ah patience my beamish boy.....patience
Peace ✌

Hit up reverb.com and peruse the used Martins.
I've owned a Custom D and a MMV and both were superb guitars, and quite reasonable in price, I would give my personal word if it's not physically damaged you would be floored by either in tone or playability.
They have a newer one at Musicians friend that I've been looking at as a (I hate to say it) thrasher and it's called the 'Special 16'.
I've played one and it's sweet, the only issue and reason I haven't pulled the trigger is that it comes with a soft case....so add at least $200 for a decent hardshell.

Edit, here check this out.
All solid wood made in america Martin Custom D

Last edited:
Hit up reverb.com and peruse the used Martins.
I've owned a Custom D and a MMV and both were superb guitars, and quite reasonable in price, I would give my personal word if it's not physically damaged you would be floored by either in tone or playability.
They have a newer one at Musicians friend that I've been looking at as a (I hate to say it) thrasher and it's called the 'Special 16'.
I've played one and it's sweet, the only issue and reason I haven't pulled the trigger is that it comes with a soft case....so add at least $200 for a decent hardshell.

Edit, here check this out.
All solid wood made in america Martin Custom D
Shit yeah. No we talking. $300 and a bit AUD shipping to Australia. Thanks a heap n2ishun.
That cuts the price in half for the actual guitar if I can buy direct from the U.S market.
Also means I can get access to models the shops don't stock over here like that Special 16 you are looking at.
You are right I would be floored by the tone.
My two acoustics are both made by Cort.
Very much in the it's OK if it falls over price range.
When I start thinking about Martin guitars I get so excited I'm sure if I ever order one I'll forget I'm left handed.
Peace ✌ Jah be praised

John Frusciante - Wayne (HD) - YouTube

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain [HQ] - YouTube

Last edited:
Back