Are SSH, Jack Herer and Diesel the same thing?

hi bigherb

I can understand Nevs and Dr Purpur's concerns about TH pure haze line but yeah , I think its the only pure Haze left in the market (apart from Sam's own Original Haze which I 'm not sure if available anywhere in the market atm) and so if Nev is looking for a pure Haze that can be traced back to the real thing to cross to his NH it may be the best option..if not the only option.

the original haze from flying dutchmen is based on sam o haze, not ?

even the strain guide speaks of SSH's various names worldwide...
"A winner of multiple awards including 97,98 and 99 HTCC as well as it being called by other names in various different countries such as Amnesia haze, the Bomb etc..."
Seems that Neville confirmed this also with his post...at the very least from what i've read they are all NL5/Sk/Hz hybrids, possibly in different combinations but still the same plant in essence of the pedigree pertaining of NL, Sk and Hz...seems that SSH and Jack Herer have a lot in common when you look at effects...the Diesel that floats around in the Netherlands is probably the Diesel referred to which i understand is a haze hybrid at the very least and probably the same or even a different pheno of SSH

Last edited:
tonight was the first time i saw this thread and i just finished reading it from the beginning. my only experience with real haze are from an era when it was still for sale from time to time. but i have watched other varieties grow over the years and one observation i have made probably also applies to haze.

many of us have grown out a pack of seed and found an exciting pheno which we shared with others. all cuts came from the same mom but in only a couple of years, different growers had vastly different examples of the same plant! plants so different the question was raised as to origon and yet each grower swears their version was never crossed. how is this possible? is it due to different grow methods? different environ? when a hybrid is the specimen something stimulates the genes within to act in different ways and imo, it is done by the individual growers. peace-biteme

tonight was the first time i saw this thread and i just finished reading it from the beginning. my only experience with real haze are from an era when it was still for sale from time to time. but i have watched other varieties grow over the years and one observation i have made probably also applies to haze.

many of us have grown out a pack of seed and found an exciting pheno which we shared with others. all cuts came from the same mom but in only a couple of years, different growers had vastly different examples of the same plant! plants so different the question was raised as to origon and yet each grower swears their version was never crossed. how is this possible? is it due to different grow methods? different environ? when a hybrid is the specimen something stimulates the genes within to act in different ways and imo, it is done by the individual growers. peace-biteme

Great observation man!! Bet your garden looks good if your attentive like that biteme. This is is a topic that I always wondered about as well. Some growers have a trademark taste no matter what they use to feed their plants. It's almost as if the plants are responding more to the growers energy/magnetism then it is the nutrients.? Plants are dynamic, cannabis is dynamite!!! :)_~ KB

I was told Sam sells original haze+ skunk#1 seeds to Seedsman...who knows!

seedbotique is selling to of his strains but any PURE haze, only cross.

the flying dutcmen is a pure haze coming from sam old stock, but longer flowering time(14 to 18weeks).

seedbotique is selling to of his strains but any PURE haze, only cross.

the flying dutcmen is a pure haze coming from sam old stock, but longer flowering time(14 to 18weeks).

Hello coxnox:
I have heard that eddy sold TFD to Sensi Seeds and that now it´s run by them;¿Do you know something about this?just curious.
Thanks.

It's almost as if the plants are responding more to the growers energy/magnetism then it is the nutrients.

This is an interesting point. In a different time and place and probably a different universe altogether, I used to help people grow. I'd design their grow room, make the hydro mix, supply the cuttings and tell them what to do every step of the way. These set ups were better than my own and they had to do what I said and not what I did.
It should have been better than mine, but it wasn't. Now when I'm faced with a perplexing problem, I generally..... roll a joint. The issue needs to be given serious consideration. Now over the years, I've pondered and pondered rolled a joint and pondered some more (first joint of the day is kicking in). But, staying focussed, the only real difference in the equation is that the plant carers were different. My plants grew up around me. You might argue that maybe the plant resonates to certain frequencies put out by the carer, the way a tuning fork will vibrate spontaneously to the frequency of another that was struck close by. People have argued that, this mechanism might attune the grower to his plants making him believe that his dope is better than anyone else's (often leads to the I'm a genius or God complex) and this may be true. But they have trouble explaining away all those Cups.

And then there is Findhorn,
N.

Hey Nevil
I am new here but i want to thank you for everything you've done for cannabis and it's great to have you here as a mentor.
I would believe this effect to the fullest.
To me it seems that I only get as high as my surroundings and people i am with.
It is a powerful herb and every element seems to factor in to the high.
People here seem to get higher if you tell em its widow or sourD when in reality it can be any strain of decent quality.
Peace
-Greenmed

Last edited:
Goosebumps

This is an interesting point. In a different time and place and probably a different universe altogether, I used to help people grow. I'd design their grow room, make the hydro mix, supply the cuttings and tell them what to do every step of the way. These set ups were better than my own and they had to do what I said and not what I did.
It should have been better than mine, but it wasn't. Now when I'm faced with a perplexing problem, I generally..... roll a joint. The issue needs to be given serious consideration. Now over the years, I've pondered and pondered rolled a joint and pondered some more (first joint of the day is kicking in). But, staying focussed, the only real difference in the equation is that the plant carers were different. My plants grew up around me. You might argue that maybe the plant resonates to certain frequencies put out by the carer, the way a tuning fork will vibrate spontaneously to the frequency of another that was struck close by. People have argued that, this mechanism might attune the grower to his plants making him believe that his dope is better than anyone else's (often leads to the I'm a genius or God complex) and this may be true. But they have trouble explaining away all those Cups.

N.

When I posted this I was very nervous. I was concerned that people were going to say things like your rooms must be poorly designed, or you must not know that much about plants if you don't get consistent results everytime.

But thank you N for verifying this intangible force which I have witnessed as well. When I was younger and I would get people REAL excited about "doing the basement thing," I would notice the first runs in particular of these recently inspired culivators were OUTSTANDING. Maybe plants are responding to enthusiasm???

Stay Up! Heh.

KB :)_~

Hello coxnox:
I have heard that eddy sold TFD to Sensi Seeds and that now it´s run by them;¿Do you know something about this?just curious.
Thanks.

Yes, TFD was sold to Sensi awhile ago, at least 2 years ago I think. There have been a lot of reports of problems with previously highly regarded TFD strains since the switch. You should be able to find out some more info on this in the TFD subforum (if it's still there) on ICrag.

ESS

So here's what happened to me today.

Went to my local dispensary and guess what's on
the menu. SourDiesel and multiple Diesel crosses.
I've never seen these before on the shelves. It's
always OGKushes with the occasional sativa hybrid
but now it seems things have turned to the sativa
side. Strains like Lambsbread, Jack Herer, and now
the Diesels are on the market, and it's some really
nice herb.

I try to grab new meds every time I go, because
I like to try different strains to see which works
best for me. I grabbed some SourDiesel Supreme
and it's really great herb. In fact, it's some of the
best herb I've picked up. It only compares to one
other smoke I've tried from the dispensaries and
guess which strain that was: Jack Herer. Taste
is virtually identical, so is the bud structure and
the personality of the high.

That's just my opinion.

Yes, TFD was sold to Sensi awhile ago, at least 2 years ago I think. There have been a lot of reports of problems with previously highly regarded TFD strains since the switch. You should be able to find out some more info on this in the TFD subforum (if it's still there) on ICrag.

ESS

i did buy 2 tfd strains this year and get any problem with it, but will try to read about that, thanks for the info.

ESS

Hello:
Thank you for the input;I think the subforum of the TFD is no longer there... anyway great threads around.I´m learning more these days than in my whole life.
Have a nice day all;)

at times i envy those of you who are able to shop the disperseries and buy what you want, but then i consider the volume i smoke and quickly realize that in order for me to buy and consume what i want would entail some sort of new criminal behaviour other than the act of growing. it seems strange to me that in a place where cannabis is readily attainable in a civilized fashion, that this place is also ground zero for the most expensive smoke in the world. peace-biteme

N.

Greetings Nevil, i'm stoked and humbled to make your acquaintance.

I have been excitedly reading what i have had time to of threads that you post in. Personally i am very scientifically minded, it's just the way i have become after many years of eagerly soaking up knowledge about the world and universe. There is just so much information out there that over time i have become wary of things that seem like alternative theorys or pseudo science. Thats not to say i am not interested in reading about them, and i love to have my scientific mind put off balance! I am fascinated by crop circles, but it's just so hard to know what to believe of the info availiable on the net. I was stoked to have my interest in pyramid power re-kindled by one of your early posts on the subject, when i was young a kid at school did an experiment on it (i can't remember the result, ha), and it's something i've read about from time to time over the years. After a recent internet search on it i was surprised at the lack of hard scientific data from experiments.

So yeah, when it comes to something like people affecting plants with their own energy, i can't help but think that plants are such simple organisms that evolved much earlier than us animals with our complex brains full of billions of neuronal connections firing. But who knows - i think i have a bit of a green thumb and i'm one of those people that can usually get close to wary animals, maybee i have an affinity with nature. And they say that playing music to plants has been proven to increase vigour, but i haven't researched the info on that one. And of course there must still be so much that science has to discover. But i think it could just be that some people just put the effort in to their grow, plus a bit of inteligence helps. I'm always thinking that i'll be able to have my grow all worked out to a schedule so i never have to think to much, just follow the schedule, but there's always so many little ajustments and improvements to be made, adjusting fans depending on outside conditions and lots of other small things that all combine to make a difference, how's that saying go? "The best thing a grower can put on their plants is their own shadow" or something like that, ha ha.

In the end, my own humble opinion is that one must be wary when straying from the scientific path, after all, science has one simple meaning at it's heart and that is - an experiment that can be repeated by others and get the same result each time. Surely this can't be a bad thing to guide one through the wealth of information that a curious mind is bombarded with on it's journey. But as i said i love to be made to wonder.

And every curious mind has it's own path to follow, i wish you well on yours Nevil

Man i'm stoned, i gotta go to bed, lol

Last edited:
And a ref from wiki re Findhorn and the Devas . Locals from outside the community feel that the garden's successes can be explained by the unique microclimate of Moray or the substantial amounts of horse manure donated by a local farmer. lol
perception is reality !
Elmer Bud

Last edited:
Back