Gmo terminator cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Bonbolos

But still a lot of money is needed, protecting your work is obvious. no? but I agree the US patent is badly done this is not the way to go.

as i understand it one of the beauty of patents is its collaborative effect, consider: A researcher finds "something" economically viable. to protect his discovery he is awarded a patent for, say, 20 years for disclosing his discovery. anyone may then take this discovery and exploit it too provided a reasonable fee is paid to the patent holder.

how this works out practically: many researchers have only a piece to a puzzle of a larger challenge. another researcher somewhere finds another piece of the puzzle and with the other piece, and payment, the researchers are able to achieve their quest to a greater discovery. this is merely one way which patents have worked in the past.

Is everyone who disagrees with you moronic, disrespectful, and a jerkoff? I don't find Bon to be... who are you to judge who's stupid that in itself shows arrogance! but not only that i'm ignorant too.

you love the kids so much you are happy for them to die of malaria.. how noble you are!... yeah thats the spirit all gms are bad...

As to trying to get someone to wake up thats hardly the approach is it?

see today whilst you were away sleeping or such like we seemed to be getting some good dialogue going, shame you woke.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, that is not a problem.
If you are arguing in favor of Nazism, on the other hand, you might find my tone getting "rude", as you so aptly put it.

Well you may not be intelligent enough to realize it but you are actually advocating the genocide of the entire human race. At least Sam S. and Monsanto have a reason for their advocacy, they stand to gain millions, or billions of dollars out of it. You? You are just a tool, its sad really.

As for GMO mosquitos, well I do not even think Dr Mauro Marrelli himself advocates releasing them into the ecosystem at this stage.
So your assertion that ipso defacto, my children are going to die of malaria without them is beyond ridiculous.
There is so many potential problems with introducing these little monsters into the ecosystem, I will not even go into it.
Let it suffice to say that you are a slag, and an idiot, and you and Bon bon, should have a little more respect for Nevil, because he sacrificed so much to help you, and me, and all of us.

hi skunka

as i understand it one of the beauty of patents is its collaborative effect, consider: A researcher finds "something" economically viable. to protect his discovery he is awarded a patent for, say, 20 years for disclosing his discovery. anyone may then take this discovery and exploit it too provided a reasonable fee is paid to the patent holder.

how this works out practically: many researchers have only a piece to a puzzle of a larger challenge. another researcher somewhere finds another piece of the puzzle and with the other piece, and payment, the researchers are able to achieve their quest to a greater discovery. this is merely one way which patents have worked in the past.

You can patent an invention not a discovery, this is a huge difference. You have to prove that what you've created doesn't naturally exist in nature. This is why the companies use all kinds of twists to be able to englobe the plant in a patent.
Then when patented you need to pay royalties to use the stuff even in research, for some it is a way of making your work valuable and so fund more research for other it is a brake to discovery.

Then you can protect you variety but not the plant using a certificat (varietal obtention certificat, I might be wrong with the translation), but this is a very week protection that's why many breeders also copyright the name for double protection.

patenting is again an other debat,

cheers

bonbolos

The Cure (the real medicine) is 100% natural from all plants essential oil and the best is the Cannabis!
I think even Tomato will be illegal to grow in 20 years the way we're going now!

I don't really support US patent is for Capitalist system!

Open source patent is the way to go! If some one use your invention He or She will give a certain percentage to the patent inventor!

Bill Hicks on Marketing
Just trying to plant seeds!

MT

If you are arguing in favor of Nazism, on the other hand, you might find my tone getting "rude", as you so aptly put it.

Well you may not be intelligent enough to realize it but you are actually advocating the genocide of the entire human race. At least Sam S. and Monsanto have a reason for their advocacy, they stand to gain millions, or billions of dollars out of it. You? You are just a tool, its sad really.

As for GMO mosquitos, well I do not even think Dr Mauro Marrelli himself advocates releasing them into the ecosystem at this stage.
So your assertion that ipso defacto, my children are going to die of malaria without them is beyond ridiculous.
There is so many potential problems with introducing these little monsters into the ecosystem, I will not even go into it.
Let it suffice to say that you are a slag, and an idiot, and you and Bon bon, should have a little more respect for Nevil, because he sacrificed so much to help you, and me, and all of us.

You seem to feel very strongly about this issue josh ,, couldnt you say that without insulting gobshite and bon bon, im not sure thats necessary do you ??
they are entiteled to have a strong opinion that does not have to agree with you , me , nevil , sam or anyone , just like you ...

Last edited:
Of course it is, there's a lot of work as risk behind it, but once you bought it you own it. You don't have to pay us royalties.
N.

Very true nev.
Shanti as given me helped growers in the past on getting some hybrids together.
When I asked Sb if he minded me shareing F2s his seeds he replied.
You bought them their yours "in all sence of words"

You seem to feel very strongly about this issue josh ,, couldnt you say that without insulting gobshite and bon bon, im not sure thats necessary do you ??
they are entiteled to have a strong opinion that does not have to agree with you , me , nevil , sam or anyone , just like you ...

Yeah... you are right.

I would like apologize, to Gobshite and Bon bon for calling them idiots.

I would also like to apologize to my wife for mentioning how blue the sky was this morning.

Oh and Dr. Purpur, I am sorry for stating in that post earlier in the week about the Grandaddy Purple, that she was in fact purple.

I won't be insulting anyone again. I got a bit out of hand.

Thanks Donald, for talking some sense into me.

Last edited:
Donald, don't sweat it!..

and lets not cloud the real argument here as its not about Gms and there use in 3rd world countries let alone western ones. The REAL isse is people blind hatred of one man that man being SamS...

I don't think so, although those who have met the man usually find other reasons to dislike him apart from his agenda and stated objectives, a list of which would include patenting up every possible combination of cannabinoids with efficacy for every possible disease they can treat, and every possible genetic sequence! the first version of the plan also called for cannabis strains to be patented "as if they had been genetically modified", including "Patents on cannabinoid ratios".”
Simply put, he wishes to claim ownership of all the commercial genetic lines in use today, or descendants there of. He and Rob Clark tried to con me into delineating all of the strains that I put out, no doubt, with this objective in mind.
If he and his group, who seem to be dancing to the tune of George Soros, have their way, we'll all be out of business and any cannabis use will be pharmaceutical schwag, consumed in a patented method which is primarily designed to earn them money. He stands for disempowerment of the masses.
He's a cunt, maybe I do hate him.
N.

and lets get some FACTS all of what is wrtten is old news and NOT Relevent whether Nev and others chose to peddle it!

JP is a liar yet here we are discussing what he has written... SamS is not on the board of GW tmk so why should he answer anything to do with them? as to the patents GW hold again whats it got to do with him? has SamS done anything with GM tech? bitterness is what this is and lets not lie about it!

Kopite

Yeah... you are right.

I would like apologize, to Gobshite and Bon bon for calling them idiots.

I would also like to apologize to my wife for mentioning how blue the sky was this morning.

Oh and Dr. Purpur, I am sorry for stating in that post earlier in the week about the Grandaddy Purple, that she was in fact purple.

I won't be insulting anyone again. I got a bit out of hand.

Thanks Donald, for talking some sense into me.

never forget sacarsm is the lowest form of wit..

Respect? its earned as far as i'm concerned. You call someone a Slag, an idiot and then talk of respect! thats how to have an intelligent convo/debate isn't it? it amazes me that less than a week ago shanti had to write this but here you are giving out insults all because an opinion differs to yours!

Hi All

there is some point to a person beginning a thread like this at MNS based on the last period of time. I also do not feel that we need go down the line of other online communities as we set up this as a life line to those medical and concerned breeders, growers of a specific companies seed lines...we did not try to rule the world be the best forum or even compete...we are here , all of us to gain help , knowledge and research information interesting to us individually and as a community. We are better than we have shown ourselves to be of late and let this thread act a point of change in attitude. If people do not like one another then ignore each other, why should others who do not care about private issues need see anyones dirty laundry? So please keep it real or else you lose Admini, Nevil and myself`s energy and help as we lose inspiration to help a bickering bunch.

Ok probably rambled on a little more than i should but the idea of civility and discussion should be utmost to us all ....remember you are only as good as your last game...so let us all lift the game play a little...all the best sb

I'd say your games been found out!

Kopite

Donald, don't sweat it!..

and lets not cloud the real argument here as its not about Gms and there use in 3rd world countries let alone western ones. The REAL isse is people blind hatred of one man that man being SamS...

and lets get some FACTS all of what is wrtten is old news and NOT Relevent whether Nev and others chose to peddle it!

JP is a liar yet here we are discussing what he has written... SamS is not on the board of GW tmk so why should he answer anything to do with them? as to the patents GW hold again whats it got to do with him? has SamS done anything with GM tech? bitterness is what this is and lets not lie about it!

Kopite
How did sam and rob set up an r&d company in holland and no one else could?? why did seed production cease in holland is there a coincidence? june 1998 gw pharma set up a uk r&d company.

a bit about sams company hortipharm..

What led you to launch Hortapharm?

Our original business plan was to breed pharmaceutical-grade cannabis and use it to produce a cheaper, generic version of Marinol. [Marinol is a synthetic-THC tablet for treating nausea induced by cancer chemotherapy.] We knew we could produce pure THC from the plant, which is superior to a synthetic. I'm convinced that the synergistic effects of the full plant, which in its natural form produces 400 compounds, is far more medically beneficial that any single synthetic component.

We were going to knock our price down at least a third or more from Marinol's price tag. We thought that within a year or two, we could grab 66% of Marinol's $20-million market, which was enough to support our small company. But money wasn't the reason we did this. We were really interested in bringing cannabis back into mainstream medicine.

So hortipharm wanted to rival marinol a synthetic cannabinoid based medicine. Did sam produce a product to rival marinol where is it on the market? Why would hortipharm give gw pharma a so called 5 year head start and give them there own so called superior strains to produce a product to rival hortipharm.. Why would you give another company so much material knowledge and dedication.

Just as gw pharma was bringing thier product to market the uk home office reclassifies cannabis from class c to classs b. These companys exist at the expense of every toker / grower/ breeder/ and seed seller. What has sam done for the cannabis community? Destroy it from the inside. Sams loyalties lies with large pharma companys who want to monopolize the cannabis based medicinal market. We have santa cruz breeders to thank for strains not sam and in turn we thank nevil who made these strains available to everyone. I do not hate sam i just dont like his actions. My beleif is hortapharm is the sister organisation setup to pave the way for gw pharma.

http://cannabis-marijuana.com/cannabis-seed/index.html

never forget sacarsm is the lowest form of wit..

I was out of line, I gave my word to Donald that I won't insult anyone else on this forum, and I won't.

That makes you and Bon bon, the first and last people, that I will ever insult on this forum. No games.

End of story.

Last edited:
"JP is a liar yet here we are discussing what he has written.."

>yep

"SamS is not on the board of GW..........why should he answer anything to do with them?"

>He shouldn't.

"as to the patents GW hold again whats it got to do with him?"

>Nothing.

"has SamS done anything with GM tech?"

>No.

"How did sam and rob set up an r&d company in holland and no one else could??"

>Perhaps the excellent work they revealed they were capable of with the International Hemp Association? Or any number of excellent works from Marijuana Botany to Hemp Diseases and Pests etc, etc..? There is zero doubt that this group is very capable of putting together outstanding teams of worldwide recognized experts in the field of cannabis sciences and advancing them.

"why did seed production cease in holland is there a coincidence?"

>Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. Usually these types of moves have something to do with shifts in political power, but I am not a student of Dutch politics. Perhaps in the face of real scientific research, they saw the rest as a farce or pseudoscience at best and decided to can it, lol, who knows.

"Did sam produce a product to rival marinol where is it on the market? Why would hortipharm give gw pharma a so called 5 year head start and give them there own so called superior strains to produce a product to rival hortipharm.. Why would you give another company so much material knowledge and dedication."

>Why did the lady who invented/developed Baby Einstein end-up selling/licensing it to Disney? Probably for money among other things. Perhaps they felt that ultimately their efforts where better spent elsewhere? Business plans might change for a number of reasons.

SamS et.al. have accomplished an outstanding amount of work with and for cannabis/community, far more than most could ever hope to achieve in a lifetime. I do not always agree with them, but that is not a prerequisite for my respect and admiration of them. What is however, is not to go on disgracefully gumflapping with a total lack of evidence, as JP has quite clearly done here. -Tom

so now maybe we can get this back on a decent topic of discussion.

There is another thread posted with a link to GW's annual report last year. Now let's put aside all the GMO claims and look at them as a small pharmaceutical co trying to make medication for sick people. I think most people would champion a cause like that if it was any other plant besides our loved burning bush.

I think a lot can be learned by what they have done and its a prime example of new and legitimate industries in the cannabis world.

Permaculture is the way forward.

The people in Africa need to learn permaculture

I agree, Africa needs Permaculture more than it needs GM crops. The whole World needs Permaculture, the current farming practises are stripping the land bare. I think an Aussie guy called Bill Mollinson brought the idea of permaculture to the masses, I could be wrong on that. You can turn a desert into a food paradise.

Bruce Charles 'Bill' Mollison (born 1928 in Tasmania, Australia) is a researcher, author, scientist, teacher and naturalist. He is considered to be the 'father of permaculture',

I was right according to Wikipedia. ;)

These people hold patents on all of my work.
N.

Forcing patients to use that stuff instead of natural cannabis is some kind of sin. Once again, it serves no one but the patent holders and seller.
N.

That's not good! So SamS plan is to get patents on all of the breeders works that are out there at the moment? So he can have the monopoly on them? So that way the governments don't have to legalise Cannabis and the big pharma companies and SamS can make money from the sick, and also take you (and other breeders) to court for violating the patent he has when you sell a pack of your seeds to me, and I suppose if I grow them then I too can be took to court for violating the patent....I'm pretty stoned right now, but is this correct?

If there already doing it Nev, then what chance is there of stopping it? If Cannabis was legalised, would you then be able to patent your plant stock?

Shocking.

I agree, Africa needs Permaculture more than it needs GM crops. The whole World needs Permaculture, the current farming practises are stripping the land bare. I think an Aussie guy called Bill Mollinson brought the idea of permaculture to the masses, I could be wrong on that. You can turn a desert into a food paradise.

I was right according to Wikipedia. ;)

That is right Redeye, we are introducing a method called the Mittleider Method,
which was designed by a dutch florist named Mittleider. We are having fantastic results.

This is a very simple effective low tech form of microfarming. It is a sustainable form of agriculture.

Thanks for the info on Bill Mollinson, I am looking into it right now.

What Africa really needs is water management infrastructure, ie dams and boreholes.

That's not good! So SamS plan is to get patents on all of the breeders works that are out there at the moment? So he can have the monopoly on them? So that way the governments don't have to legalise Cannabis and the big pharma companies and SamS can make money from the sick, and also take you (and other breeders) to court for violating the patent he has when you sell a pack of your seeds to me, and I suppose if I grow them then I too can be took to court for violating the patent....I'm pretty stoned right now, but is this correct?

Shocking.

I don't know about Holland, but here in the US, unfortunately, that is correct.
here is a very interesting article, about Agricultural Patent Law.
Right now, a farmer can even get into trouble, if his fields are contaminated, by patented pollen from other fields.

It is quite ludicrous, actually.

In Schmieser versus Monsanto, the small farmer was actually busted for growing his own seed in his own field, because it was cross pollinated by a patented monsanto strain from a neighboring field, owned by a different farmer.

http://www.nationalaglawcenter.org/assets/bibarticles/vanpelt_changing.pdf

Once they own our food, they own us, and make no mistake about it, we will be their slaves.

Last edited:
"How did sam and rob set up an r&d company in holland and no one else could??"

"why did seed production cease in holland is there a coincidence?"

I would like to see Nevil address these questions in as unequivocal terms as possible, because at that time in Holland, he was in Watson and Clark's immediate circle of friends (sic), and I believe this is the crux of why he thinks them the most reprehensible pricks in the industry.

I'm talking immoral motherfuckers of the first order.

Come now Nev, drop their shit mate. Recount your fucken tale for these sniveling naysayers. And then any cretin who contradicts you will be revealed as the asinine asshole that they are.

Don't hold back now, I wanna see blood on the fucken ground ...

Gw pharma was setup in 1998 a year after hortapharm from hortapharm knowledge and strains. gw produce sativex 2007-- Hortapharm produces ??. Now i find that very strange

Last edited:
Doesnt Hortapharm provide medical cannabis to actual pharmacies in holland? Im pretty sure they at least used to. They maybe set up for R and D only provideing strains and info for other companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back