Z8 x Afghan Haze

Betterhaff

Hello All,

Does anyone know what this offer actually is? Shanti said “Z8 was kept as a selection with Z6 and Z7.” He then mentions “I did a few plants with my Afghan Haze male.”

Originally Posted by shantibaba
The Z8 x AH is truely an experimental seed as Z8 was kept as a selection with Z6 and Z7 but never used. I did a few plants with my Afghan Haze male and sorry but no more info with fact behind it.It is a plant that needs to seen and the F1 tested to go on further with CBD enrichment, so i offer the work for others via the auction site.

Would the seeds on offer be a mix of seeds from a few Z8 females crossed to the AH male or maybe just a selected Z8 female? Also, is anybody growing any of these?

Thx

Thats a good question. I'm not exactly sure what the pedigrees of the z-series are. I think the Z-series consist of Nordle x Cannatonic. And maybe Z6,Z7,Z8 are the select female progeny of that breeding?

The AfHz male should put out some potency and nice flavors. They seem similar in pedigree as ASH, but with some cannatonic added. They said it's a bush type plant. I'm hoping to find a few variations in ratios of thc:cbd with them. I'd like to experience bud with the golden ratio of cbd to thc 1:1.618...
SOmething in the range of 12% cbd to 19.5% thc isn't too much to ask for :D:D

golden1c.jpg

This is about all I could find through search, but I can't even find the original post, so take it for what it's worth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla13
Hey PS!
The zZseries, Z6 and Z7, are back cross hybrids of The Remedy. The Remedy is a strain made by a collaboration of Mr. Nice Seedbank and Resin Seeds to produce plants with a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio. Resin Seeds female Cannatonic (MK Ultra x G13/Haze) crossed to the MNS Afghan/Skunk (Nordle). Slected phenotypes of The Remedy were chosen to make Z6 & Z7.

Regular seed versions of both Z6 & Z7 were made by crossing the selected Remedy phenotypes back to the Nordle male. Feminine seed was made by crossing the selected Remedy plants with a reversed Cannatonic female. That's how Z6 and Z7 regular and female seed were made.

Cheers,
Sensi

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/174855-post71.html

And maybe Z6,Z7,Z8 are the select female progeny of that breeding?

Well part of that is why I asked the question. Z6 and Z7 were offered as seed offerings as well as The Remedy. The Z6 & Z7 were sent out as testers in both regular and feminized form (I think). All I have seen offered recently, on the Auction, has been the Z7 feminized.

The Z8 is being offered, but as a hybrid…Z8 x Afghan Haze (Shanti does mention it is an experimental cross). This makes me think there was some sort of a selection of the Z8 to make the hybrid. Or actually, if there was a selection, what was the selection criteria. Just trying to sort out what the offer may be.

BTW, I like the “Golden Ratio” aspect you’re in search of. Evidently you have some of these beans in the works, interested to hear your progress.

Well part of that is why I asked the question. Z6 and Z7 were offered as seed offerings as well as The Remedy. The Z6 & Z7 were sent out as testers in both regular and feminized form (I think). All I have seen offered recently, on the Auction, has been the Z7 feminized.

It would be nice to hear more from Shanti about the creation of the Z-series. I may be wrong about cannatonic being part of it. i think I read Shanti say that cannatonic wasn't involved in the cbd crew seeds, maybe the Zseries are different though??

I have some direct seeds that on the packaging it just says z-series, not z6 or 7. But they are fems. I'll try to run those with the z8's for comparison. I also have the yummys and s'n's widows. My problem is I have no way of testing the ratios right now. Atleast not that I know of.

-mp

My problem is I have no way of testing the ratios right now. Atleast not that I know of.

I’m going to have the same problem, or should I say not as easy as I wish. A lot of the testing results I’ve seen on the Z series are showing half the plants with the 1:1 ratio while the rest are leaning to high CBD or high THC (samples of multiple plants).

That is why I was wondering about the Z8 and a possible selection. Does the Z8 have those kind of results in regards to the testing sample? We know to a certain extent that the Afghan Haze is not a CBD strain.

That is why I was wondering about the Z8 and a possible selection. Does the Z8 have those kind of results in regards to the testing sample?

I'd be curious what the thc:cbd ratio is on the Z8. Or even is the z8 a line or a select plant? I think it's a select female.

I don't think Shanti has run the hybrids yet, it sounds as we are the 1st testers of the seeds...

shantibaba said:
The Z8 x AH is truely an experimental seed as Z8 was kept as a selection with Z6 and Z7 but never used. I did a few plants with my Afghan Haze male and sorry but no more info with fact behind it.It is a plant that needs to seen and the F1 tested to go on further with CBD enrichment, so i offer the work for others via the auction site.

MH inbred is one part of a back cross i did some 16 months ago when i was playing around to find a 8-9 week cloner. Did not finish this work and there are some gems to find in this seed foresure....not much more info i can offer on this...as i did not test it in this batch, only germination was tested.

You do have permission to quote these two pieces of information if you feel they help clarify things on the respective areas of relevance. Sb

MarijuanaPiranha said:
Hi Shanti,

If you have time, do you mind elaborating on the z8 x afghan haze seeds? What cbd/thc ratios are you expecting from them? Any specific smells?

What about the mango inbred seeds, do you expect them to be better or different then the mango haze f1s? Thanks!

-mp

I'm just hoping that there will be some unique smells/flavors with high thc phenos as wells as some mixed with cbd.

-mp

I'd be curious what the thc:cbd ratio is on the Z8. Or even is the z8 a line or a select plant? I think it's a select female.

You may be right about selections, it may be a matter of semantics I guess. Like you said before, the Z6, Z7, and Z8 could be female selections of whatever the “cross” was, and those are the Z series. Those selections where then taken a further cross to offer both regular and fem seeds for both the Z6 and Z7 (selections). It is starting to make more sense to me now.

I guess what makes it confusing, you have a Z7 being offered as feminized seed and I believe it was also made as regular seed. Then you have Z8 x Afghan Haze being offered. There would definitely be a difference between the Z7 fem and reg. That’s why I questioned about the Z8.

In my opinion, still should have testing done, keep clones. As far as flavors, haven't grown Afghan Haze, but grew some Early Haze and those had some pretty exotic flavors although some of it may have been coming from the Early Queen side.

Ok, here's something that makes more sense...

I am unsure what Resin Seeds will be calling their version of The Remedy, but I would assume that it would also be called The Remedy - but in a femmed version. Once I know the name of the new strains from Shanti and Jaime, other than Z6 and Z7, I will post it here. I suspect it will be called La Sanadora
I have to say that The Remedy so far seems a terrific strain.
Here is what Jamie had to say to me -

Z6 and Z7 are 2 selected phenos from crossing Resin Cannatonic female with Mr Nice Afgan x skunk male. The regular version of Z6 and Z7 is coming from recrossing the 2 selected F1 phenos again with the same afgan x skunk male, while the fem version comes from crossing the 2 selected phenos (female clones from them) with the Cannatonic again reverted with the STS to work as a "male".
I recommend you to place the lamps higher to get better results since the beginning of flowering.
Thanks a lot in advance for your work testing the Z6 and Z7 project.
Best regards
Jaime

la sanadora is the 1 to 1 pheno of z7 currently floating around

ill see if i can get some info on the z8 x afgHz

love an respect

Hi All

to update as far as possible with this crossing. It only exists due to one plant surviving in the back of a room. There was a Z8 female plant that had been overlooked in a seed room and it got pollinated by the AH male. I put them on offer to the Auction site to allow members a chance to find something interesting if tested.Z8 was in the same series as z6 and z7 but was basically similar to these enriched strains ...since the z series was with AS male the same Afghan used for the AH male i thought the doubling up may have some merit to this seed offering. So hope that helps bring you up to speed. It is only a small handful of seed and one that will not be made intentionally again due to work demands currently. So was hoping to put it out to a few growers and hear back the news....all the best sb

Testers Needed ?

Hi All

to update as far as possible with this crossing. It only exists due to one plant surviving in the back of a room. There was a Z8 female plant that had been overlooked in a seed room and it got pollinated by the AH male. I put them on offer to the Auction site to allow members a chance to find something interesting if tested.Z8 was in the same series as z6 and z7 but was basically similar to these enriched strains ...since the z series was with AS male the same Afghan used for the AH male i thought the doubling up may have some merit to this seed offering. So hope that helps bring you up to speed. It is only a small handful of seed and one that will not be made intentionally again due to work demands currently. So was hoping to put it out to a few growers and hear back the news....all the best sb

Nothing To Test This Summer Shanti ?
Loved Being Involved In Last Test Of " The Remedy ". Keen To Grow Something Nice ;)
JKP

Attachments

• MNS-CBD- The Remedy.jpg
    MNS-CBD- The Remedy.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 34
  • Gwynedd Cannabis Club- Mon Feb 25- First Meeting 2013.jpg
    Gwynedd Cannabis Club- Mon Feb 25- First Meeting 2013.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 36
Thank you Shanti for chiming in. Let’s hope your intuition about the Afghan pans out and there are some interesting outcomes. It will also be interesting to see what influence the Haze side has.

@MP… nice research job.

la sanadora is the 1 to 1 pheno of z7 currently floating around

ill see if i can get some info on the z8 x afgHz

love an respect
Thanks fx, I was wondering what exactly la sanadora was.

Hi All

Thanks for the info Shanti. Hopefully this one night stand produces some nice selections.

-mp

Anybody have this strain growing? I just received seeds, put some between the towels and they all cracked and started showing tails in less than 8 hours, caught me off guard because I’m going to have to plant them faster than I thought. Talk about fresh and ready to go.

Just trying to gather any info on growth habits of these.

5 Z8 Up

These were started 4/3 PM. Planted 4/4/PM. All germed 4/6. This morning.

Attachments

• Z8 4.7.13.jpg
    Z8 4.7.13.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 23
Thanks guys, I’ve been wanting to grow a CBD regular strain and this and S n S Widow are the options at this time (other than the new testers, I think).

I bought these before there was much info about the cross as I’ve had some experience with a 25% Haze, Early Haze, and in fact I believe the same Afghan Haze is used in both. When Shanti mentioned he was playing off the same Afghan being used in Afghan Haze and Afghan Skunk it really ticked my curiosity. I guess you could say I’m betting on the come.

Not much to update at the moment, just five little seedlings, a little on the leggy side but they'll be fine.

Thanks for sharing! I hear you on the leggy seedling, always the way in the spring I find , thankfully they can be transplanted deep enough to compensate! Good luck with them :) cutting edge !

Thx stonesplitter, yes I always plant deep, kind of like heeling in tomatoes. Quick shot. Sorry for the pic, hard to get close with the phone. First set of leaves seem to be on the long side. These are still growing on a sill so their progress is slow but that’s OK because they will be going outdoors.

Attachments

• Z8  4.18.13.jpg
    Z8 4.18.13.jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 13
Back