Winter days with Neville's Haze

hey, hey, hey, hey pockeyway

lost track of time but past 15 weeks and time to start chopping. The earliest are #1 and #6. Both remind me of MHI on smells of leathery funk, #6 a tad bit lighter on leather with hints of lavender. From clone probably 12-13 weekers. Denser nuggets vs the others. Will give a good 4-6 week cure.

Great looking plants Sys. I just finished up some MHI and they all looked very similar to your #1 and #6 at the end. Are you going to run these again from clone?

..Will give a good 4-6 week cure...

At the very least. Love these plants for their unique high. Long flowering and somewhat finicky, I water and then leave alone to do their thing. Good yields when taken to fruition- just need the headroom. Larger buckets are warranted for full expression IMJ. The product can be sublime!
So what’s next for you, SA? Looks like the Doors, another round of MHI and Mango Widow for me. Not like I’m diggin’ the Mango varieties ha!

Aloha braddah
M

Last edited:
hey, not sure which ones to re-run, though I have cuts of all. Waiting to see if any of these have blast off potential before deciding. Such a long strain and needs space so likely will only run a few select going forward.

What to try next? Still have one MNS straw left from the hamper pack, the cure. After that probably go back to the old school hazexnl or hazexafghani. Have been looking through hazes for a few years now but honestly my favorite highs of all time tend to be the old school haze crosses (and skunk fwiw). Dunno man, I seem to have more jars than ever these days, cannot even seem to give all the extra away to friends! Always said when it went legal my interest would probably start to wane. That or just getting older and not toking as much (but still daily burner)!

I put 5x NH outdoors in pots at 45Lat this past summer for curiousity. The cuts had gotten way too big for indoor and do not run lamps in summer anyway so outside they went. I put them in large buckets and grew them in the backyard flower/veggie garden.

Plants got big, real big but no way they could finish here. About 2 weeks ago a killing frost showed and I gave them to a neighbor to try and finish indoor. They were maybe 4 weeks into 12-14 week flower and only started real going as the equinox neared.....so no surprises as you cannot grow NH at 45 lat!

I still have a good bit of cured NH from last winter. Overall it is hard to judge as really need another run or so and for NH that means lots of time. I have two phenos that were just flipped inside so will see if the second run brings anything of note. I find that NH is great for outdoor, I went on a all day hike that other week with the leaves peaking and puffed NH about every 2 hours and just had a great time. It does have a special high that is not like any other herb I have smoked before. Not really a "man I am stoned" high but very much "I am high" high!

With much patience!!!!

I had a ton of NH harvest shots, but that was the time when you could not upload photos for weeks then summer came around!....I found a few of them on the hard drive but not many. You can still can an idea of the crazy ass scraggly grow you will get with NH, though some of the buds get quite long.

Last edited:
Yup, that’s Neville’s did you find the smoke harsh or smooth? I found one that is very smooth but still maintains all the characters of Neville’s but lacks in flavor . In my opinion hate the flower time lacks in flavor but great personal stash and would make for very good breeding stock .

I found the dominant NH tastes across all phenos to be 1)earthy/woody 2)spicy/peppery 3)lavender/sage.... the smoke tends to have a thick flavor, not harsh but not smooth either. I am pretty aggressive on only smoking calyxes (de stem even the smallerst stem) so the bowls are pretty loose packed. Smoke lingers but no church scents, just heavy sat dom smells!

I smoke it mostly in outdoor settings but it is also fun weed to watch animation or meditate on. As mentioned it does not deliver your typical high. I have not noticed any grail highs in this batch but I can see how people could overindulge and have a bad reaction. One pheno did give me a slight headache with some dizziness when I would smoke too much.

This year's run of NH and MHI should finish in feb or so and will report if the highs or tastes are different. I did find that MHI run from clone was much smoother and better flavored than seed stock.

bad case of winter blues today, so how about some NH updates???? I have two phenos still going which were ironically enough (aka sim laughing) the #1 and #2. They are very different phenos, 1 finishes in about 12 weeks which is why i kept it around...dense hard nuggets that taste better fresh. #2 goes about 15,16 weeks and loose airy buds. Best if cured 2+ months and sampled in warmer days! Here is number 2 about 90 days at shot, then a 2 that is about 30 days in....

Great stuff man! I admire your dedication to this strain. I started a few seeds a while back, all males unfortunately. I'll come back to it again someday hopefully.

Yeah it is weird how much we can chase things that maybe make zero sense! Here is some #1, cured about 2 weeks and just sampled.....strong and clear!

Last edited:
I'd grow both without hesitation but that #2 looks like something really on the difficult sativa spectrum. So cool!

Blaze a j of #1 up for me man, down to nothing but Indicas in the ol' cupboard. :eek:

Back