Who likes chili.

Dog

I live in northern Minnesota. The last three summers the deer ate all my chili peppers. Not 1 made it.

n2ishun

Just got done disc'ing and rototilling the garden area a few hours ago.
Glad I don't have to do that by hand...yuk...so much better to be in air conditioned tractor with an air ride seat...beer in the cup holder, feet on the dash.
Unfortunately I do have to lay out the rows and plant seed by hand, but the soil is like fluffy love right now. You can push your fingers straight down about 14-16 inches, just the way I like it.
Le Garden massif en route.
I run one of these..
in 72" width, cannot more highly recommend, it kicks ass.

Cannalicous

Did you know that the chiliplant of the last picture is now 3 years old? I still have dried peppers of it.
All it gets is water from my aquarium which is EC 0,3. But I did repot it.

Fish

Thanks CannaFish we had a blinder of a season with chillies they just kept coming. Had many harvests like this. We smoked some dried some and made a lot of sauce!

CannaFish

Good choice in smoking them. I smoked a big crop of a c. baccatum. I think the variety was carnival. Long like the Peruvian lemon drop variety. It was really good and the smoked flakes lasts for years and years.

Fish

Good choice in smoking them. I smoked a big crop of a c. baccatum. I think the variety was carnival. Long like the Peruvian lemon drop variety. It was really good and the smoked flakes lasts for years and years.
The flakes are great chuck em in everything not much though the heat can sneak up and bite! The purple ones have a almost sweet mango flavour until the heat takes over!

CannaFish

The flakes are great chuck em in everything not much though the heat can sneak up and bite! The purple ones have a almost sweet mango flavour until the heat takes over!
I don't really appreciate the long burn of most capsicum anuums, the chiltépin is just about right heat wise and length of burn. Nothing beats that smell of roasted hatch chiles though.

The c. chinense have amazing flavors and there's plenty that are not ultra hot. The yellow scotch bonnets are a favorite. the sauce from those are great.

The c. baccatums are awesome flavors too.

Fish

I don't really appreciate the long burn of most capsicum anuums, the chiltépin is just about right heat wise and length of burn. Nothing beats that smell of roasted hatch chiles though.

The c. chinense have amazing flavors and there's plenty that are not ultra hot. The yellow scotch bonnets are a favorite. the sauce from those are great.

The c. baccatums are awesome flavors too.
Good to know. I’ve been experimenting with different ones for sauce and haven’t made one I’m quite happy with I’ll try the Scotch Bonnets on their own.