Who has the real RoadKill Skunk ?

I grew some skunk beans this year as a test and the one that lived came out Strawberry Skunk. Full berry flavor in front with a skunk finish to it when smoked. Said to be pre-Sunk#1 beans from NorCal. They are definitely old school. Not that stinky on the plant though.

My understanding is that RKS was not used by Watson, and his real claim to fame was taking the funk out of skunk in Holland. Mainly to grow indoors without the heady smell. Breeders in Mendo also say that they bred the smell out of skunks as well as they continued to grow and breed indoors or underground. Growing strains that reek definitely is a hazard growing here, as people can smell it and come looking for weed. As in thieves (and narcs in years gone by). I grew OG Kush (Ghost cut) and GDP four years ago and I could smell that stuff all the way across my property and down by the highway. They reeked.

I grew some skunk beans this year as a test and the one that lived came out Strawberry Skunk. Full berry flavor in front with a skunk finish to it when smoked. Said to be pre-Sunk#1 beans from NorCal. They are definitely old school. Not that stinky on the plant though.

My understanding is that RKS was not used by Watson, and his real claim to fame was taking the funk out of skunk in Holland. Mainly to grow indoors without the heady smell. Breeders in Mendo also say that they bred the smell out of skunks as well as they continued to grow and breed indoors or underground. Growing strains that reek definitely is a hazard growing here, as people can smell it and come looking for weed. As in thieves (and narcs in years gone by). I grew OG Kush (Ghost cut) and GDP four years ago and I could smell that stuff all the way across my property and down by the highway. They reeked.

So seriously back to square 1,

what was roadkill skunk ? a pheno of super skunk ? a strain by itself ?

More of a legend or perhaps related to our nostalgic memories...... certainly those first homegrown bags of outdoor skunk I lucked into mid 1980s stunk heavily. They were supposedly afghan x ss which would suggest that crossing devil to nordle would produce similar. Most afghan dom strains will throw stinky greasy phenos but not necessarily the rks eye watering stench.

So seriously back to square 1,

what was roadkill skunk ? a pheno of super skunk ? a strain by itself ?

No one really knows. Lots of people will tell you lots of different stories. Lots of BS about who originally bred skunk. In my experience living in the Monterey Bay area from '66 through '86, skunk came out of a hybrid cross between a sativa and indica in the late 1970s in Central Coastal California. Like SAGE, and Purple, and some other local bag weed. Then it was all over the place by about 1980. There was no 'strain' then called RKS. There was just skunk weed. Some stank more than others. Most were on the lighter side. The real stinky ones were considered road kill I guess. I saw skunk weed at parties in Hollister, in the Santa Cruz mountains, in Big Sur, and in the Santa Clara Valley. The SF Bay area bikers got ahold of it at some point and grew it (like Romulan, which came from Korea through Ft Ord). Uncle Fester (a biker) took it to Humboldt Co. where he grew them open pollen. Those tend to be more floral in nature. Master Thai has those genetics now (his nephew). David Watson took local skunk beans to Holland with him in 1986 and he or Neville called it Skunk#1. Some say that Neville bred RKS from those in Holland. If anything it seems to me that they bred the skunk smell out of skunk in Holland, not the other way around.

Last edited:
No one really knows. Lots of people will tell you lots of different stories. Lots of BS about who originally bred skunk. In my experience living in the Monterey Bay area from '66 through '86, skunk came out of a hybrid cross between a sativa and indica in the late 1970s in Central Coastal California. Like SAGE, and Purple, and some other local bag weed. Then it was all over the place by about 1980. There was no 'strain' then called RKS. There was just skunk weed. Some stank more than others. Most were on the lighter side. The real stinky ones were considered road kill I guess. I saw skunk weed at parties in Hollister, in the Santa Cruz mountains, in Big Sur, and in the Santa Clara Valley. The SF Bay area bikers got ahold of it at some point and grew it (like Romulan, which came from Korea through Ft Ord). Uncle Fester (a biker) took it to Humboldt Co. where he grew them open pollen. Those tend to be more floral in nature. Master Thai has those genetics now (his nephew). David Watson took local skunk beans to Holland with him in 1986 and he or Neville called it Skunk#1. Some say that Neville bred RKS from those in Holland. If anything it seems to me that they bred the skunk smell out of skunk in Holland, not the other way around.

Very interesting my friend, and you ? what do you think ?

If anything it seems to me that they bred the skunk smell out of skunk in Holland, not the other way around.

That'*s what he thinks about it :D

And I agree with Big Sur.

It was probably just how Skunk was back then.
It wasn't called Skunk for it's fruity terpene profile. It was called Skunk because it stank so much.
Very possible that what is today referred to as Roadkill Skunk was simply Skunk back in the day, when people selected the stinkiest phenos a lot.
With it being all underground/black market and authorities still believing they are protecting the public by hunting down home growers, the need for stealth became more important and stinky strains were a no-go because even with carbon filters, they could give your position away and result in a bust.

Big Sur believes (correct me if I'm wrong Bro), and again I tend to agree, that in that time frame, a lot of the scene was located in the Netherlands and what we have as Skunk today is likely the result of how it was worked in the Netherlands during that time.
And they likely bred it to get the strong smell out i.e. selecting for less stinky phenos and breeding with them. No doubt trying to preserve all the other "good" aspects of Skunk, just trying to get it to the point where it doesn't get you busted from the smell.

This practice was then likely continued in the US and elsewhere and that's how we ended up with "Not Roadkill Skunk" today.

Now, in theory, it should be able to select and breed current Skunk to find the super smelly one type again and re-create Roadkill Skunk.
But it seems many have tried and it could be too long gone/crossed out too much so that not even the recessive genes for Roadkill remain...

We won't know for sure I suppose.

What would always be possible is for someone to take a step back and actually try to re-create Skunk by breeding the landrace strains together again. What was it, Colombian, Thai and Afghan? Colombian, Mexican and Afghan?

So that would probably be a 5 year or more project and then one would have to still select for stinky and keep breeding so maybe 10 years all together?
Probably nobody gonna do that with the OGs and Chem genetics being all the Jazz...

I personally am quite pleased with where Skunk is today. I like smelly buds as much as the next guy but I am more of a "unique smell" kind of guy. I really have enjoyed the large range of odor profiles in the Skunk genetics I grew from MRN.
So far I had things ranging from pure camphor (really didn't smell ANYTHING like weed, would be perfect for stealth grows, somewhat funky but really couldn't distinguish it from other, classic vegetation you find in the wild almost anywhere) to super sweet, candy type smells that reminded me of "ice bonbons" that are common in central Europe.

The camphor smell, that doesn't smell anything like weed, I have discovered a couple of times since then. Unfortunately not the delicious "ice candy" smell...

But in my current round I have a very interesting G13xSkunk pheno that smelled like some type of bubblegum in late veg. It had a bit of trouble acclimating to the 5 gal pots and didn't take the transplant so well and is lagging behind in size a bit but is now stable and healthy again, flowering away. Very curious about that one.

And then you have the fruity, citrusy phenos and the like in Skunk.

All within 1 line of genetics.

The only thing that people can't seem to reliably find in Skunk are a) what they refer to as Roadkill b) "Cheese" terps and c) garlic terps.

Now as to why that is ... Maybe these terp profiles were never in the Skunk line to begin with, maybe they were and it was bottlenecked towards the terp profiles I mentioned above, maybe some people just smelled camphor and to them it smelled like cheese?

It is all so subjective and far from real Science so facts are hard to come by in this game in general ...

We need actual lab-testing, quantification of terpene profiles etc. etc. to make actual, factual claims about this or that with weed.

It is all anecdotal in the meantime and might confuse/mislead as much as hint in the right direction ...

Last edited:
Very interesting my friend, and you ? what do you think ?

What do I think? Its more what do I remember being there when skunk happened along in Central California. I first saw, smelled and smoked skunk weed at a friend's house in Monterey CA, circa 1977. His brother in law was a grower down in Big Sur. I bought a lot of weed from him in those days. Mostly second generation sinsemilia grown locally from Colombian and Mexican bag weed seed. Green bud with red hairs. It was cheap. $60 an oz. Good bud, but before the days of hybrids. That particular day the BIL came by with a bag full of fresh cured skunk weed. It smelled of skunk. It reeked of weed. The BIL was a connoisseur of terpenes. In those days it was commonly believed that terpenes were absorbed from the soil and surrounding area. That idea was supported locally as there are a lot of Monterey Pines in that area, and both Colombian and Mexican landraces tend to have a lot of pinene. That of course is not the case, as Cannabis makes terpenes from isoprene, the building block of terpenes. Anyway, we thought that the skunk weed was interesting. I asked if they had buried a skunk next to the weed.

After that skunk weed showed up all over the place. Well, all over where I was back then. Santa Cruz, Prunedale, Gilroy, Hollister, Morgan Hill, Berkeley, Monterey, etc. There seemed to be more around the Santa Cruz mountain area, toward the north end of my stomping grounds. So from my experience, I would guess that someone around Felton or Boulder Creek bred Skunk, and people liked it. So they grew more of it and sold it locally. From those early bags of weed there were usually some seeds in them. We did not really understand how to grow sinsemilla or much about herms until later. Those early seeds meant that you could grow your own skunks. So people did. The South Bay area bikers got ahold of it and grew it. Watson obvious got some beans and took them to Holland. I think that all Watson did was collect local bag weed seeds and take them to Holland. I also collected beans from bag weed in those days, and I froze them. I still have them and I grow old landrace and heirloom stains. I have a cache of old NorCal skunk beans. As I posted, last year I grew a strawberry tasting skunk. My experience is that these pop variable skunk phenos, and have interesting terpene profiles. Far more interesting variations than just RKS are in them, from what I have grown.

As for who bred the original skunk? Or brought Zac Purple to Big Sur? Or who bred SAGE? Or who bred Dog Bud that became ChemDog? Or who bred Northern Lights up in the Puget Sound (the Indian?)? I dunno, and likely we will never know. Lots of people have taken credit for breeding them, but it seems most are undeserved. Also I do not know what Neville or Watson did with skunk in Amsterdam. I have been told that Watson purposely bred the skunk smell out of skunk, and that is one thing that he actually did do to his credit. As for what was done with Skunk farther north in NorCal after the mid 1980s, I know that Uncle Fester took skunk with him to Humboldt. I never met him or his entourage. He was a biker of notoriety. I only hung out with the bikers very briefly in 1975 in Morgan Hill. They were a very rough lot. Word is that he grew them in open pollination lots with males and females and let them do their breeding on their own. So from the early strains in the Central California area, I would say that in Holland skunk stench genes were bred out on purpose to sell seeds to indoor growers, and in Humboldt the genes were allowed to naturalize to the local climate and 'do their own thing'. Which Cannabis does and rather rapidly, in about 4 generations. Also in Humboldt according to Kevin Jodrey, the underground and indoor growers in Humboldt and Mendo purposely bred skunk and similar strains to smell less over time. This was because they were gowing in rental houses up and down the west coast, and they did not want to tip off the authorities and get busted because of the smell. So you have a result of intentional and natural genetic shift as a result in today's skunk beans.

Last edited:
Now, in theory, it should be able to select and breed current Skunk to find the super smelly one type again and re-create Roadkill Skunk.
But it seems many have tried and it could be too long gone/crossed out too much so that not even the recessive genes for Roadkill remain...

We won't know for sure I suppose.

What would always be possible is for someone to take a step back and actually try to re-create Skunk by breeding the landrace strains together again. What was it, Colombian, Thai and Afghan? Colombian, Mexican and Afghan?

So that would probably be a 5 year or more project and then one would have to still select for stinky and keep breeding so maybe 10 years all together?
Probably nobody gonna do that with the OGs and Chem genetics being all the Jazz...

Agreed on what you say and interpret what I think.

I know several groups that are trying to re-create RKS. One group in Central Oregon is trying that using strains like Cindy 99, Skunk #1 and Grape Ape. Another group in NorCal is using all kinds of old school skunk strains to get RKS back. They think it is bred out though.

I have a Grape Ape cut that I got from a local grower here. It is the Mendo Purps x skunk x Afghani Grape Ape, and not the cut of GDP that is also called Grape Ape. Anyway, when I grew it last year it took on a skunk smell the 8th week in bloom. Rather strong. Then in another week it disappeared. From what I understand, smells like chocolate and skunk are a rather complex combinations of odors. So skunk in weed is likely a complex combination of terpenes. Get it just right, and wham! There it is. But there are a million ways to miss that combination.

I agree that skunk can be reproduced from scratch. Afghani strains have not changed much and they are available today pretty much the same as they were in the 1970s. But... Colombian and Mexican landraces from the 1970s are pretty much extinct in their native regions. I have a series of them, maybe 20 different landraces in all from the 1970s. IME, most of the local sativas growing in Central California at that time were pure red hair Mexican and Colombian strains. Better weed from SW Mexico and likely Punto Rojo or Punta Roja from Colombia, as they were the most common ones sold there then. But Colombians bloom really late... and Afghanis bloom early. So Mexican strains are more likely the hybrid. I do not think it was Acapulco Gold, as all the AG weed I smoked was really mild compared to other SW Mexican weed. I never got much skunk stench growing any Mexican or Colombian landrace strains, and I have grown many, so the stench likely comes from the Afghani side. You could also mix terpenes in the form of essential oils, and determine what makes skunk from mixing terpenes. A mix of myrcene and limonene, and pinene and beta and alpha whatever. Then look at the profiles of landrace strains and see which strains make those terpenes, and hybridize them. Of course that may be pure luck as well. Hard to say. It was done once though, so it can be done again.

Last edited:
Agreed on what you say and interpret what I think.

I know several groups that are trying to re-create RKS. One group in Central Oregon is trying that using strains like Cindy 99, Skunk #1 and Grape Ape. Another group in NorCal is using all kinds of old school skunk strains to get RKS back. They think it is bred out though.

I have a Grape Ape cut that I got from a local grower here. It is the Mendo Purps x skunk x Afghani Grape Ape, and not the cut of GDP that is also called Grape Ape. Anyway, when I grew it last year it took on a skunk smell the 8th week in bloom. Rather strong. Then in another week it disappeared. From what I understand, smells like chocolate and skunk are a rather complex combinations of odors. So skunk in weed is likely a complex combination of terpenes. Get it just right, and wham! There it is. But there are a million ways to miss that combination.

I agree that skunk can be reproduced from scratch. Afghani strains have not changed much and they are available today pretty much the same as they were in the 1970s. But... Colombian and Mexican landraces from the 1970s are pretty much extinct in their native regions. I have a series of them, maybe 20 different landraces in all from the 1970s. IME, most of the local sativas growing in Central California at that time were pure red hair Mexican and Colombian strains. Better weed from SW Mexico and likely Punto Rojo or Punta Roja from Colombia, as they were the most common ones sold there then. But Colombians bloom really late... and Afghanis bloom early. So Mexican strains are more likely the hybrid. I do not think it was Acapulco Gold, as all the AG weed I smoked was really mild compared to other SW Mexican weed. I never got much skunk stench growing any Mexican or Colombian landrace strains, and I have grown many, so the stench likely comes from the Afghani side. You could also mix terpenes in the form of essential oils, and determine what makes skunk from mixing terpenes. A mix of myrcene and limonene, and pinene and beta and alpha whatever. Then look at the profiles of landrace strains and see which strains make those terpenes, and hybridize them. Of course that may be pure luck as well. Hard to say. It was done once though, so it can be done again.

Wow it's obvious you guys are experts in the historyof the skunk, especially you since your a local to the cali scene.

I have heard roadkill skunk phenos or crazy stench could be found in dominion skunk, some people says in mns shit or devil

New skunk does not seem to have crazy odor ?

Do you guys have any other to add on the list or comments about dominion skunk or mns shit, devil or new skunk?

Strawberry tasting skunk wow ! From what seeds ? And was it like strawberry cough ?

And what skunk that you can have in seeds do you guys consider are the most interesting ( strain and breeders)?

Last edited:
Strawberry tasting skunk wow ! From what seeds ? And was it like strawberry cough ?

And what skunk that you can have in seeds do you guys consider are the most interesting ( strain and breeders)?

Seeds were gotten in a trade from a friend in Europe. Said to be pre-Skunk#1 from NorCal. From the results I would guess that these came from Uncle Fester's or Master Thai's stash of open pollinated skunk beans in Humboldt Co. Those are known to have a wide range of floral and fruity notes. Its not all just skunk. Master Thai sells these beans seasonally on his web site in Lake Tahoe.

My latest skunk grow here is like Strawberry Cough. Maybe skunk is the source of that strain? Strawberry Cough, according to Leafly, has a skunky berry taste. The smell of the cured bud is non-distinct and not that strong. Like dispensary weed sold around here. But the flavor of the smoke is of strawberry with a light skunk finish to it. It also makes me cough. I have had several people take a hit of it and say it is defiantly berry flavor. The high is not that distinct or potent. More of a sativa heady high to it. The buds are also more open like a sativa, though it was a compact plant. I did not expect these results in a skunk, but that is what I got.

Last edited:
https://www.rollitup.org/t/who-has-the-stinkest-road-kill-skunk.605414/page-2

Neville post twice in this thread and thats where he says cross ash or devil with nordle to recreate roadkill skunk

Since they share common parents, so who wanna try?

Nothing better than to get the answer from the horse mouth himself

Yeah, that guy posting as Nevil is not the real guy.
First of all, he spelled his own name wrong.
It's "Nevil", not "Neville".

Second of all, part of that post you keep quoting is actually a quote from the real Nev made here on MNS. It then continues with some extra info which is incorrect.

Devil is an indica line that is unrelated to the jim ortega seeds. Pre-dated them in the portfolio by quite a while.
Throwbacks to afghan T will not be made more likely by doing an outcross to devil.

Afghan T is what you seek to re-create superskunk which was the closest thing Sensi had to the real old skunk that spread across the US from the hills of NorCal. Afghan S was sweet, not skunky.
Nev only mentions "S" because the only way to get "T" in an indica at MNS is mixed with "S", "ort15" and skunk in Shanti's Nordle offering from a batch of old Nev seeds.
It is also available in Afghan Haze, but must be selected out of course.

People questing for the original skunk may as well be looking for the arc of the covenant or some other legendary thing that will never be found.

BTW: if you spent 3 minutes checking out the person posting as neville on rollitup, you would find posts like this one where he says things like:
old-spice-albums-old-grows-picture13419-fakenev-rollitup.jpg

https://www.rollitup.org/t/nevils-new-genetics.677036/page-7#post-9776340

If you want to learn what Nevil shared with the web, I would suggest you read his posts here on MNS. It's the only place he came out to play in public, and we should all be grateful Shanti left the posts here for us to use as a reference.

Reactions: W77
Yeah, this is one of the big draws of this forum.
Other boards have way more active users and all the positives (and negatives) that come from that.

But this board is the only one where you can sometimes directly speak with one of the "legends" (Shanti) and can find some other "legends", like Nevil et al, have discussions in older, archived threads.

I believe I have already read everything posted by Nevil here and sometimes I go through it again, sometimes I discover a post or thread I had somehow missed. A lot of gems in there, especially regarding history and genetics/gene pool stuff (which are among the things that interest me the most). You barely find that type of coherent, to the point, unembellished info on these things as you find them in posts/threads from Nevil and Shanti.

Vis-a-vis Skunk, terpenes, Strawberry, Roadkill, etc. etc.:

From my research and first experiences with Skunk and Skunk containing strains, I have long since come to the believe that Skunk is somewhat of an "all-rounder" in terms of terpene profiles.

I remember the first couple of multi strain grows I did, with 5 or 6 strains in one grow and about 5 plants per strain, all strains had a certain range of terpene profiles but Skunk and Skunk containing strains seemed to always have a wider range of terpene profiles.

We all know that Skunk, along with NL, has been probably the most crossed strain in cannabis history. It's in almost everything.

I used to always think that's because Skunk and NL were just the "best" overall strains out there when things got heated in the scene and took off and that's why they were used so widely, because they were so popular.

With regards to NL, I still am of that belief: Was/is just one of/the strongest Indica/s and was crossed to give any strain that Indica/body "oomph" if it was missing that and that was desired.

But with Skunk... It was never the most potent strain, was it? The most "knock you on your socks" strain. But it was stinky, smelly, it was used so much because of its wide ranging terpene profile, which came with a solid body of other properties.
That is what I believe by now.

And from what I have seen of Skunk and Skunk containing genetics so far, I can absolutely believe any sort of terpene profile to be found in there.

Blowingupjake here on the board grew out a pack of Walkabout and found a dead ringer Blueberry Cupcake pheno in that pack.
How? How did that happen if DJ Short had to do all that work, sacrificing a lot of desirable properties, like potency, in the process to come out with his world famous and highly desired Blueberry?
How does a relatively new/young grower like Jake find a dead on Blueberry pheno in a pack of Walkabout? From a company that had no dealings or joined projects with DJ Short or anyone using his Blueberry genetics?

I can imagine two answers:
A) MNS did at some point introduce Blueberry into their gene pool and it just happened to pop out in that Walkabout pack
B) DJ Short and all the others, used Skunk (or at least the genetic forebearers of Skunk - afghan, colombian, mexican) in their breeding efforts and the Blueberry terpene profile was a combination with or within the Skunk line

From what I could gather and my limited experience, I would say B) is more likely.

That being said, regarding "So which Skunk from which Breeder is "the best" which one should I grow?":
Personal preference ...
I personally do like the MNS version because like most MNS strains, they apparently refrained from bottlenecking it too hard. That's why you always get more seeds per pack with MNS than elsewhere: Because they refuse to bottleneck their strains to the point of no return for the tradeoff of being able to claim "at least 1 pheno as advertised in a pack of 10". Which I like a lot.

So I would say "Shit" is probably one of the Skunk offerings out there that would be the best bet to "start over" or try to re-create something like Roadkill or Garlic Bud or Cheese or the like.
I can definitely say from experience that the terpene profiles in Shit seem to be of a wide spectrum.

From what I could gather online, I would say most other Skunk offerings out there will be more bottlenecked towards the particular grower's/breeder's tastes.
Which doesn't mean they are "bad" or "worse than MNS shit". It just means they are more bottlenecked. Basically they did more of the breeding work for you already but in the direction they chose, which might not be the direction you would choose.

I know for example that Peakseeds Skunk has gotten quite a good reputation but it is bred and bottlenecked according to what they like/look for in that strain. I believe his was quite Indica heavy and not very fruity. Think MikeJ over at peakseeds generally liked his Indica stuff in the past and always went that direction. But last I spoke with him a few years ago, he was showing a great interest in moving towards Sativa strains.

Anyway, I digress. There are other sources, like MNS, that might be "less bottlenecked". I heard Uncle Fester's name dropped a lot with regard to "old school Skunk" that you could likely use to find a lot of the old terpene profiles that are missing in current offerings.

So in the end, my suggestion would be to make a decision if you want to try and breed, re-create whatever Skunk-related terpene profile you know from the past, or if you want to go with something readily on the market and would like a "worked" line already.

If you want to breed and try and re-create, go with "less worked" versions of Skunk like the MNS version.
If you want something readily available, you will have to find information on each particular Skunk breeder and what direction they took their Skunk and figure yourself if that sounds like what you would want.

What you can do beforehand is limit the pool of potential breeders to check out, by overall checking their reputation/community feedback.
You would quickly eliminate a lot of the Skunk offering entities out there, like Sensi or Dutch Passion.

I believe the Flying Dutchman's Skunk is actually one of the few strains you can buy from them.

Tough question to be honest...

Stay frosty Bros and Brodettes
Broseidon out

Last edited:
I have all the respect in the world for Nevil, but in this case I think he's guessing.
How would he know what the old school skunk was like when he was half way across the planet at the time?
AfghanS and AfghanT mean diddly squat....were those some tags that breeders used when they grew out a crop of afghani land races? Yes I think so.

You have to go much further back to discern the origins of skunk (road kill is just a modern day name to describe the true original skunk).
I and a few buddies grew the damn stuff.
We called it "red hair skunk" or "Todd's skunk" since Todd was the guy that bred it....in SoCal, Westminster/Garden Grove area to be precise.

It came from bag seeds supplied by the BOEL....Moroccan and Lebanese were the parent strains, exactly which....I have no f'n clue.
Remember the BOEL were smuggling hash at the time, they would occasionally bring in weed with it. What should be more obvious than the 2 largest hash markets going at the time ?
We grew the shit out of it till about 1980-81 when we abandoned it for something that would actually produce.
You see, these little skunk plants would not grow for shit....they might produce 1 ounce per plant if you were lucky, and the wind was blowing in a kindly manner.

I'm certain I could reproduce it, but it's just not worth the time or effort.
Trust me, leave the dead alone, they don't need no resurrection.

Good luck. I think the memories of skunk being "the best" outstrip the reality. I would wager most searching for skunk didn't experience it. IMO and E, It was pretty great, but more for the consistently heavy, relatively fast crop that was easy to grow and trim than the "best weed" label people attach to it. I do remember it being more of a Sativa dom hybrid than it seems to tend to now.

Just an opinion. :)

This year I will be doing some hunting and open pollination on the mns shit and mns devil, then possibly breeding the 2 together in hopes of finding something truly skunky

I’ve been looking for roadkill since the day I tried it and none have compared to that yellow haired skunk spray bud I tried, you could literally smell it from bloacks away, a truly remarkable terp profile

And with legalization happening around the world, I hope that myself or someone can find it once again and bring it back to its former glory

Seeds were gotten in a trade from a friend in Europe. Said to be pre-Skunk#1 from NorCal. From the results I would guess that these came from Uncle Fester's or Master Thai's stash of open pollinated skunk beans in Humboldt Co. Those are known to have a wide range of floral and fruity notes. Its not all just skunk. Master Thai sells these beans seasonally on his web site in Lake Tahoe.

My latest skunk grow here is like Strawberry Cough. Maybe skunk is the source of that strain? Strawberry Cough, according to Leafly, has a skunky berry taste. The smell of the cured bud is non-distinct and not that strong. Like dispensary weed sold around here. But the flavor of the smoke is of strawberry with a light skunk finish to it. It also makes me cough. I have had several people take a hit of it and say it is defiantly berry flavor. The high is not that distinct or potent. More of a sativa heady high to it. The buds are also more open like a sativa, though it was a compact plant. I did not expect these results in a skunk, but that is what I got.

Nice to know, was it good enuff for you to keep a cutting of those pre skunk seeds and funny trade back and forth between the new world and the ancient world ( europe and america).

On a side note, what do you think of master thai and uncle fester as breeders compared to mr.nice that IMHO is the benchmark.

And do they have strains that are much better than others in their offering ?

Im not even sure that what i smoked was strawberry cough but it sure was tasting strawberry. Sold as ocean view in canada by tweed series leef by the rapper snoop dogg LMAO. He had at one point a 71 blunt per day regime rofl

Kyle kushman and his legendary strawberry cough story sounded strange so i think it could be simply a skunk 1 pheno

Look at the cheese line alot of people argue about it not being or being skunk number 1pheno from a pack of seef bank in 88, i noticed people from england deny this and americans think its tat cut.

On a side note seeing how you guys are well verses in the cali scene i will post pictures of a sativa dom skunk numba 1 from unknown breeder, 2 phenos of girl scout cookie white castle and cheese quake. You guys tell me what you think it came from or what yiu think im curious.

Thanks again for your great input

I think maybe the reason people are not finding "it" is because "it" wasn't a clone, but like BigSur said, a lot of open pollination events and plants that were similar, but not and individual.

It was actually the last post here where that hit me across the head, "duh!"

Again, good luck. :)

On a side note seeing how you guys are well verses in the cali scene i will post pictures of a sativa dom skunk numba 1 from unknown breeder, 2 phenos of girl scout cookie white castle and cheese quake. You guys tell me what you think it came from or what yiu think im curious.

Thanks again for your great input

I'll save you much trouble with any future questions.
If it has a name like girl scout cookies, white castle, or cheese quake.....it was a pollen chucking closet hack that got lucky (rezdog or sub cool anyone? ).
I honestly don't care for the names like starlight og lemon kush mudflap.
It's not even really a strain....a strain is a genetic standard that can be found in nature or produced easily by 2 known and papered strains.
It's a hybrid of 2 hybrids of 2 hybrids, and so on.
All these "cutting only" strains? It's not even a hybrid line....its 1 fookin plant.

Do yourself a favor and search for Chimera, the man is a walking dictionary of plants and biology.....ask him, he is very open and willing to provide info.
I will warn you though, be prepared for a doctorate thesis type responce....he is that knowledgable.

Back