Who has the real RoadKill Skunk ?

another source of information on hashish in Greece are the books of Henry de Monfreid:
"Adventures of a Hashish Smuggler"
"The Pursuit of the ‘Kaipan’"
"The Man from the Sea"
"The Enchanted Cargo: Charas"

"All the farms in this district prepared hashish; it was their chief industry. Each estate had its brand, quoted on the market, and there were good and bad years, exactly as for wines."

Ooooh la la! Imagine an array of vintage Greek "estate grown hashish" today!

I dearly WANT some!

As for where strains came from in early Mediterranean times, look over on my thread on MNS about sourcing the landrace Greek Kalamata (Take me to the Greek!). The guys there have posted about archeology in Europe and basically have blown the idea that weed came from Asia recently right out of the water. Weed cultivation in Italy goes back at least 6,000 years.

I wish people with love for cannabis like me and you guys, would be able to find enough people to make a kind of collective that is focused on preserving the original landraces, maybe by popping seeds choosing the best male/female for every available landrace so to make plenty of seeds from very nice specimens of each landrace.

if only we could have seeds of the 60 landraces that exist or existed in the past, we could maybe preserve all the genome. is it too late ?

am i the only one that is crazy like that ?

it's not legal in canada so since it's one of the first country to legalize, why not establish the collective here ?

let's save the cannabis GENOME for our future and our children ! :)

Only 60 landraces? There were more than that. I now have 85 landrace and heirloom strains and counting in my collection. Of those, some overlap, but I have at least 40 different landraces. I just got two lots from north India, one from Yamuna and the other from Sikkim. They are tiny tiny seeds. Smallest seeds that I have in my collection, smaller than the previous small ones which are Zacatecas Purple. There are people I trade with in Europe that have much larger collections than I have though.

And people like David Watson and Arjan at GHS have literally TONS of seeds from all over the world. Look on Phylos and you see that Watson has seeds from just about everywhere in the world that you can think of. Including places I have never herd of. Watson is pumping genetic CRISPY mutants though, and Arjan only sells fem and auto hybrids. Even though you can see the landrace strains that he hunts in his SH videos. No landraces are available from either one of these hoarders. They are only in it for the money.

Last edited:
Ooooh la la! Imagine an array of vintage Greek "estate grown hashish" today!

I dearly WANT some!

:D :D

another rich source of information on the use and traffic of hashish, are the memories of the British Cairo Police Chief, Thomas Wentworth Russell AKA Russell Pasha, author of a book called "Egypt Service"

This drug was, and still is, the favourite drug of the Egyptian lower classes, and in those days was produced exclusively in Greece, where the particular variety of hemp plant. Cannabis indica, was grown in large quantities, the drug being produced from the resinous flowers of the female plant.

Soon after 1932, when Greece prohibited the cultivation of hashish, the Lebanon and Syria took her place as chief cultivators and the Bedouin Arabs of the Sinai province became the carriers.

When in Egypt we talk about hashish, we mean the flat cake of compressed resinous powder, extracted from the flowering top (inflorescence) of the female hemp plant of the variety indica of the species Cannabis sativa. Hashish in the cake or powder form is of a dark greenish, khaki colour and has an oily, heavy smell, like hops. It varies considerably in quality according to the locality in which it is grown. Practically all the hashish that enters Egypt has been grown in the Lebanon and Syria, the best quality being sown in the higher plateau of the Lebanon range on soil that holds its moisture from the rains and mists of those seven-thousand-foot mountains, whereas the inferior grades are grown on irrigated lands in the plains of the Beq'a, between the Lebanon and the Anti- Lebanon, and in similar areas in north Syria.
The seed (known to bird fanciers as hemp seed) is sown in the mountains in mid-March and comes to maturity in August by then the mountain plants are two or three feet high, while the coarser valley plants may grow to twice that height. As the lower leaves decay and drop off, the flowering tops are found to be coated with a yellow, resinous substance which is sticky to the touch: this provides the first-grade drug. The crop is now carefully reaped and carried to the drying floor where the stalks are laid out separately and exposed to the sun, but not to the wind, are turned over every day for the next ten days or so until thoroughly dry and are then carefully laid on large linen sheets and carried to a special shed, care being taken to lose none of the precious powder en route. The threshing shed is built with hard, smooth walls and floor from which the flying dust of the resin can be eventually brushed and collected. No air is allowed to penetrate into the room while the threshing is being done and the sweating, half-drugged workmen have to break off frequently for a breath of air outside.
The dried plants having been laid in a heap on die floor,
trained men set to work with flails to thresh the stalks anjd flower-heads. Then follows a succession of operations with sieves of varying fineness, the component parts of the plantls being separated and laid out in separate heaps, the quality of the drug diminishing with each successive threshing. Nothing is wasted: the seeds are collected for future sowing, the stalks are ground to powder in a special mill and mixed in as an adulterant; the threshing is then finished and the cultivator hands over to the exporter. Next follows a series of operations of blending, mixing, classifying and weighing. These done, the powder is packed into small linen bags of varying capacity and submitted to a steaming process in a special cupboard until the powder becomes soft, when the bags are placed in presses and
squeezed into flat slabs in which shape they will be sold as turbas, varying in weight from a half to two kilos.

in the book there is a photograph of a hash-plant...

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.148889

Well, here are my Lebanese babies finishing here last year. These are the "indica-like" phenos of the two phenos that are produced from the Bekaa Valley seeds.

No Skunk here...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lebby indica colas SM.JPG
    Lebby indica colas SM.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 82
Well, here are my Lebanese babies finishing here last year. These are the "indica-like" phenos of the two phenos that are produced from the Bekaa Valley seeds.

No Skunk here...

attachment.php

how many phenos do the indica-like and the sativa-like lebanese have?

just curious.

and what smell does a lebanese have, is it only one smell profile or there an be many?

thanks

i just noticed the leaves look like sativa and the plant is not that small, are you sure it's indica like pheno ? lol

Maybe someone could post pictures of the multiple phenos of acapulco gold, colombian gold and what is the third component of skunk suposedly, afghani ? Is there only one type of afghani landrace or is it a family ?

I wonder if someone tested them on phylos to see if its close to some skunk in terms of dna.

Might be the only way to really know what is skunk

what is the link beetween libanese and road kill ?

thay are totaly different

for me the devil look the more proach of the rks

nothing... but we talked about leb, mediterranean land race/heirloom etc... we went off topic... it's my fault :eek: :)

Well, here are my Lebanese babies finishing here last year. These are the "indica-like" phenos of the two phenos that are produced from the Bekaa Valley seeds

very beautiful, are they from Real seeds?

There are none, but i would like to try to have acapulco gold, colombian gold and afghani phenos, description and smell reports of the differents smells so we can judge for ourselves if they are really the foundation of skunk and road kill skunk

maybe big sur has some pictures and descriptions :) or anyone else

how many phenos do the indica-like and the sativa-like lebanese have?

just curious.

and what smell does a lebanese have, is it only one smell profile or there an be many?

thanks

i just noticed the leaves look like sativa and the plant is not that small, are you sure it's indica like pheno ? lol

Yes, I am quite sure about the two phenos, and this is the indica-like of the two. These are just the tops. My brother also grew these that year and had dinner plate size sun leaves in his greenhouse. His also grew 8 feet tall. Pamper them and they grow BIG! And as I said, they are indica-like, and not true indicas. Lebanese are all listed as indicas in the books and magazines though. To answer your first question, the sativa and indica-like phenos ARE the two phenos. Basically larger and smaller leaves make up the phenotypes. They also seem to have two finishing times. Late August to early September, and later in September. I am not sure if the sativa is always the early finisher, but that was my experience growing about a dozen of these plants. The indica-like finished in the 3rd week in September. This is exactly what RSC posts about this strain. Ace seeds is selling these beans as a sativa now, after breeding them.

Lebanese have light floral notes for terpenes. Ace has the cannabinoid and terpene profile listed for 4 different Lebanese plants that they grew. The CBD and THC is variable but within a range, near 50:50 THC:CBD. The average is

For comparison, see the photo of the indica-like (RSC) leaf and the sativa (RSC) leaf Lebby pheno comparison. Taken at the same time grown in the same greenhouse from the same seed lot.

Attachments

• Lebbies indica vs sativa.JPG
    Lebbies indica vs sativa.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Someone posted here that skunk was bred from Morocco and Lebanon strains in Southern California. 'Twas not me. I see no link between them myself.

very beautiful, are they from Real seeds?

Those were from Real seeds and Blue Hemp seeds. Sourced in the early 2000s and late 1990s.

Last edited:
Yes, I am quite sure about the two phenos, and this is the indica-like of the two. These are just the tops. My brother also grew these that year and had dinner plate size sun leaves in his greenhouse. His also grew 8 feet tall. Pamper them and they grow BIG! And as I said, they are indica-like, and not true indicas. Lebanese are all listed as indicas in the books and magazines though. To answer your first question, the sativa and indica-like phenos ARE the two phenos. Basically larger and smaller leaves make up the phenotypes. They also seem to have two finishing times. Late August to early September, and later in September. I am not sure if the sativa is always the early finisher, but that was my experience growing about a dozen of these plants. The indica-like finished in the 3rd week in September. This is exactly what RSC posts about this strain. Ace seeds is selling these beans as a sativa now, after breeding them.

Lebanese have light floral notes for terpenes. Ace has the cannabinoid and terpene profile listed for 4 different Lebanese plants that they grew. The CBD and THC is variable but within a range, near 50:50 THC:CBD. The average is

For comparison, see the photo of the indica-like (RSC) leaf and the sativa (RSC) leaf Lebby pheno comparison. Taken at the same time grown in the same greenhouse from the same seed lot.

Wow man

Im ashamed i fail to see why it would be more indica i just see a bigger leaf lol

Can you tell me why you would say that ?

weed-dora-1.jpg

Where exactly did I ever mention that you cannot make dry sift from a sat?
I said it was more difficult, not impossible.
If you'd ever done it, you would know.

Btw, the pic is from Beirut lebanon....obviously not a thin leafed sativa (gasp!).

If you think for a second that ace seeds has any real land race seeds in stock....I have ocean front property in Nevada you might like to look at.

Somebody is easily impressionable, and it isn't me.

in the HASHISH! book it says ...

"Most Lebanese hashish plants, a variety of C. sativa, usually are 1.5 to 2.0 meters tall with large, leafy flowers and narrow leaflets, although some fields are filled with plants that reach only 1.0 m at most."

And that means exactly what?

There is not a single book on this planet that does not have errors or mistakes in it, and that includes the bible and the Koran.
By the same token there is almost always an accuracy in every book, if you look hard enough.

I'm just sick of seeing a image of some random field of plants that has zero defining point of origin.
Some idiot posts a pic of a field and says it's from a certain area, when in fact it could be half way around the planet.....and the only one who really knows is the person who originally took the pic

Dig?

Btw, Google up "kilzi" that you see on the building in the pic I posted

My intuition tells me trust the book more than random internet folk who make wild unsubstantiated claims Mr 4g@watt

LMFAO.

Where exactly did I ever mention that you cannot make dry sift from a sat?
I said it was more difficult, not impossible.
If you'd ever done it, you would know.

I sincerely didn't find more difficult...
I have also made hashish with hemp. Carmagnola <0,6 thc and High cbd.
instead, I found a big difference in using plants with dry resin instead of sticky

Last edited:
My intuition tells me trust the book more than random internet folk who make wild unsubstantiated claims Mr 4g@watt

LMFAO.

Perhaps if you knew what 'intellect' was you could use it to ascertain that there is zero difference between an author and a random internet poster.
They both are humans, full of self pride and error prone.

You probably thought you posted some sort of subtle insult, but you unknowingly displayed an IQ of at best 85.

Wow guys, please be civil and calm.

This thread is aiming at having a very nice discussion about what is roadkill skunk, and at the same time what is skunk number 1, and what differences if there are any are between RKS and regular Skunk.

Negativity has no place in this thread please stop insults and slander.

Now please let's get back to the discussion at hand.

thanks

is Skunk number 1 really colombian gold with acapulco gold and some afghani ?

What is the difference between RKS and the skunk number 1, what was added to the skunk to the creation of RKS.

Lots of people say it's Nevil that bred RKS with super skunk as i said in my first post, and alot of other people think it was already in Cali before that.
Maybe the odor did express itself in both of these is another option. Maybe it's just some description of something Extremely Stinky. i am curious as to know what landrace can give that kind of stink.

So let's think about the subject at hand, do you guys have pictures of those landraces so we can try to make sense of all of this, and if you have smoked these, have you ever recognized that RKS taste ?

Thank you

Back