which seeds do i buy???

toottiefruittie

been thinking about my next adventure 4 next year
my greenhouse is 6ft by 4ft and i believe the law states ( uk ) i can grow 3 plants b4 i get done 4 cultivation :rolleyes: i need an early finisher because gh has no electric ect so cant keep her warm
the question is WHAT SEEDS DO I BUY:confused:
please advise
toot

my greenhouse is 6ft by 4ft and i believe the law states ( uk ) i can grow 3 plants b4 i get done 4 cultivation :rolleyes: i need an early finisher because gh has no electric ect so cant keep her warm
please advise
toot

Personally if i was gonna go for a greenhouse seed,i would go with Shanti's Shark Shock thats just my personal choice though.
i have,nt grown her yet myself, but it would definitley be my first choice of seed for a GreeenHouse.
Also check out Shanti's pics and videos of his giant Greenhouses toottiefruitti for a real eye opener some of the best plants i have ever seen.
i,m sure some of the others will chime in that have grown the Mr Nice strains in the greenhouse,but again this would be my choice.hope that helps hashish.

Heres a link to the Shark Shock
http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=32

please advise
toot
Hi toottiefruittie,
Early Queen is the early plant from MNS,good mold resistance and will finish in the uk's short wet climate.
Shit will do well ,but mold could set in if your GH airflow exhaust is not adequate.
Devil is recommended for outdoors/greenhouse and is mid range in the early dept,also the yields are said to be quite high under the sun.
Critical Mass is the heavy weight,but again mold could ruin a late harvest if airflow is low and himidity gets too high.
these are just what i would focus on if going outdoors in a wet cooler climate.

dont over look Spice,cause Hawaii is quite wet too,but much warmer obviously.

peace

Basically anything in the Indica range from MNS would do, its really about what you are after personally. If a quick flowering variety is what you're after, the Early Queen is a good place to start. Shanti is said to have pulled 5crops of a year maybe even more with the EQ using darkening methods.

The Shark Shock is an excellent variety, as is Medicine Man. You cant go wrong with either variety. I have yet to try spice, but I have them waiting in the wings. When you're growing in a greenhouse, your options open up just a little more then what one would normally have.

If speed was a critical factor, I would definitely go with either Shark Shock or Medicine Man because of what they bring to the table over all. Some phenos will take longer then others, but the plant you seek is definitely within those varietys.

Good luck, nothing from the Mr. Nice range is just okay. Its all superior and wouldnt be on the menu if it was just average.

hi all theres a few realy you could do med man / black widow / eq x hz / even af x hz quiet a few as your in a greenhouse you can do a little longer flowering lines also to what others could do out doors.

As you can only grow 3 plants you could say grow 3 huge plants so im not sure if you can say start a few indoors veg them take clones as they sex and you know wich are fem then take the clones out to be done.

If you could then why not try something like say Mangohaze or SSH as clones will normaly come in a lot faster than the seed mum will but its realy up to what type of smoke your looking for lots to realy go with as i and others have sugested maybe also take a look in the strain guide.

Hey Bud
I,ve got a SWT#3 going at the moment it was a hard decision between her and Blockhead, she's next though, as she's patientley sitting beside her soaker cup lol.
She seems slow but her structure is good,i only threw two seeds down for this one,but one was mega slow in growth so she was culled .
I tried to clone her but they failed aswell.
She has only been in vegg for around 3 weeks,she's a short squat plant with plenty of vigor.
When the gallery gets back up and running,i,lle try to get a few pics of this girl up for ya toottiefruittie if that would help you any ,but she is a well known seed so i,m sure you will get more responding to your question here soon,but what i,ve seen so far i can only say i,m happy.
Goodluck tf and take care, and remember that Dolomite lime at the weekend lol.
Hashish

cheers every1 ;)
been given a mixed bunch ov seeds :D

white window X supperbud

cheese X supperbud

and got some blueburry and buublegum seeds coming 2 me b4 nxt yr

dont think i will be doing a grow at hm nxt yr as wife has got all para on me but got 2 take in wat she says lucky 2 get away with me smokin lol

Hey toottiefruittie Shit and Walkabout both do well in the gh in the UK iv grown them both with great results, but if its a wet summer mould will always be a issue.
i believe the law states ( uk ) i can grow 3 plants b4 i get done 4 cultivation
I dont know where you heard that but its not true at all...Peace

''i believe the law states ( uk ) i can grow 3 plants b4 i get done 4 cultivation''

I dont think its true either..I think in the UK the law doesn't state specifically a limit in the number of plants.Its up to the court I think to decide if you are personal grower or commercial and it depends on many factors..

Its always a good idea to have an absolutely clear picture of the law before you undertake anything remotely edgy. And sometimes, even when you're within your rights under the law the rug can be pulled out from underneath of you. And you dont want to play games with the government, their resources and power are far greater then your own.

certainly everything sold at MNS is worth trying but selection is always required. So you may want to get 2 or 3 packs of a specific variety in order to find the ideal phenotype.

''i believe the law states ( uk ) i can grow 3 plants b4 i get done 4 cultivation''

I dont think its true either..I think in the UK the law doesn't state specifically a limit in the number of plants.Its up to the court I think to decide if you are personal grower or commercial and it depends on many factors..

very true ,its illegal,full stop in uk.They may turn a blind eye if small amount,its different for each cases.A friend of a friend i know,recieved 4 years sentance for being caught cultivating 3 times and showing no respect for the law.He carried on regardless and in the end they fucked him good.

I hate all laws against any natural occuring plants and believe prisons are overcrowded .Banging up small time growers and illegal immagrant growers [mainly vietnames slaves] ,is totally immoral.Us smokers are going to smoke whatever regardless,just like when alchol was banned ,and even coffee was banned as narcotic devils drink at one point!And the sad thing is the government first released "soapbar" to stifle us ,and latter "grit weed" or kevlar weed i like to call it.The government running this ship are the main threat to our health!

rant over,,,,,, oh id try ssh or og g13

peace

And the sad thing is the government first released "soapbar"
lol any link on that info i always thought it was the greedy bastards who imported hash did that ,a key of chocolate morrocan mixed with 9 keys of sheep shit,car tyres,henna,black binbags etc lol

i would swap my left arm for some double zero pre-binbag,car tyre era lol

why dont we get any Pakistani / afghan black these days? i can remember 20 years ago picking up keys of black all stamped with a seal of approval from the Pakistani government.

that was around the time Afghanistan was at war with Russia and the good old U.S of.A and the u.k backed the mujahedeen with weapons that needed to be payed for so they let the "Pakistani weed" with government stamps! in to the u.k. what else can Afghanistan use to pay for weapons with other than heroin or weed?

drugs are illegal not because they are dangerous to you, its because the money that is made from them ends up in the hands of a rouge state like Iran or Iraq that supply the likes of the taliban.

p.s
and this reclassifying of weed or that stuff better known as "super skunk" its most probably down to less import of resin in to the u.k and the government have no control of the cash being made from it.

p.s.s
@ elmo
i would swap my left arm for some double zero
zero zero was a marketing ploy. did you ever get your hands on resin called "Golf Ball"?
little imprints that looked like the indents from a golf ball on it? mostly it was covered in yellow see though plastic with gold writing on, it was soft black hash ?

i made that LOL

Last edited:
yes m8 also kabul black ,red seal,gold seal remember them well
must have been wrecked when i responded damn i mean wow yeah that was some strong shit was called golfball black down here lol

Last edited:
I am an experienced UK GreenHouse grower...

Hey TF - good luck with your adventures.
I have grown many many g/h crops in the UK with different levels of success.
Here are my tips , you may not all agree...

1) Go for an early variety - you can grow normal indicas, even skunks in an unheated greenhouse but they will flower during colder and cloudier conditions of a September/October flowering period when the sun is also less strong. Your aim is for an August/September flowering period. The sun is stronger and you can have HUGE buds (I will soon post a pic to prove it!)

2)Don't believe any companies when they say "also good for outdoor/greenhouse" - they are not talking about the UK... If it is not specifically for early grows then forget it. Good examples are any skunks which are not early. My Skunk 1 has been flowering for just 1 week. This means that it won't finish till near Nov, risking mould, weak sun and creating a need for a heater (hey, I just LOVE the challenge). My early Californian indica, on the other hand, will be in her 7th week by now and is more or less done and looking SEXY SEXY SEXY.

3)If you can, plant direct into the ground. There are so many reasons for this.
Temperature stability at root level. It is virtually impossible to over-water. You will need minimal flushing. It is much harder to over fertilize. The roots can grow bigger and get more food and water for your buds. The plants will be more vigorous and healthier. Plant in a small pit to catch the water.

4)If you plant into the ground, prepare it EARLY. Even this year. Dig in shit loads of organic matter, make sure it is well rotted. Add a small handful of bonemeal and grow-more, a small bucket of perlite if you like, any good quality second hand compost from your indoor grow is also good or other soil improves are cool. Try horse manure. rot it very very well. Don't use too much. Kitchen Waste Compost is best. Recycle your food waste.

5)If you MUST use pots these tips are VITAL..... Use the biggest ones you can. The bigger your pot, the bigger your buds. I saw a photo on this forum the other day of loads of plants in 10 litre pots. These are WAY TOO SMALL... 40 litres minimum. Smithy pots are good, Muck buckets are good - try Homebase or B&Q or your local garden centre for these. Dig your pots into large holes in the ground. This will protect the roots from temperature changes at night and give your plants more room to grow. DON'T USE BELL SHAPED POTS. EVER. I can't stress this enough.

6) DON'T USE JOHN INNES. It is shit. It is full or grit which is very heavy and strangles roots. It also contains Lime. This is not good at all. This Lime is to bump up the pH (which you don't want) and washes out over time, which leads to unstable pHs and pH crashes (which you don't want). The pH is too high, at 7. Aim for 6.

7)Don't mulch with anything organic. You will create mold and insect problems.

8) DO mulch with hydro-lycca, if you can find it. It will stabilize root temperatures and stop your delicate top roots from being smashed by your watering. If you are skillful, the delicate roots will grow UP into the hydro-lycca like a kind of hydroponics. Soiloponics! I have seen no insect problems using this but concede that a lot of people don't like to use any mulch at all.

9) I think someone suggested Mango Haze as an option. FORGET IT. It won't work. Believe me. Not in an unheated greenhouse in the UK. I know. Trust me.

If you like Haze (and I REALLY REALLY DO) go for Early Skunk/Haze or Early Haze. There isn't anything else for you.

If you like Skunk go for Early Skunk

Other Mr Nice options are Early Queen or Devil. You could try shark shock but go for Early Skunk instead.

10) Don't plant too early. Plants grow HUGE in the greenhouse.You will be pruning. (Keep these clippings OUT OF THE GREENHOUSE or you will create problems.) Mid June is fine. Even later - right up to August or beyond for short season small crops...

11) Don't have other plants in there, such as tomatoes. They will only increase the likelihood of insect/botrytis problems and will take up valuable buddage space.

12) Don't be too patient - if you can harvest it, harvest it - a plant in the drying room is worth two out in the bush, know what I mean?

13) try some auto flowering ruderalis types for the early period before your main crop are planted. These will tide you over and do really well in the greenhouse in may/early June.

14) FINALLY - DON"T SHOW OR TELL ANYONE. Not until after harvest, anyway..

(I am going for Early Skunk/Haze next season..)
Good Luck - Grover Sativa

nice post cola bro

i think iv broken everyone of your tips this year, well almost

im running ssh alongside toms and other stuff.i had no choise this year as i have had to dissmantal my indoor rooms and rather than kill off a load of healthy plants they all got dumped in the greenhouse
to be honest as long as i get a couple of spliffs then ill be happy

iv been thinking of heating the greenhouse, but not sure how to go about it
i have a parafin heater but im unsure about the fumes that will be produced

any idears peeps ta

Herbm - respects for your good taste. The SSH...not only my fav grow but nearly my fav smoke too (Nev and Mango Hazes just edge it for me. Well done Shanti and Nev - from all the community.)

Absolutely shite in the UK greenhouse, though!

I really hope you prove me wrong..Just promise that if a semi-decent harvest starts to develop you'll ditch the tomatoes. They are notorious carriers of botrytis and cause havoc in the soil with bugs and insects (which is why it is hard to grow them in the same place 2 years in a row...) How many tomatoes would you swap for just 1 good ounce of the SSH?

Haha - how many times have I dumped spare indoor plants in the greenhouse only to be disappointed? The only time I was pleasantly surprised was with a white skunk which is now called Shark Shock (but was called something else back then...) Even then I reckon I could've done a lot better with a good early skunk and a couple of auto-flowerers either side...

Still, if you have green fingers (and I'm sure you do) you will always get SOMETHING..

On the other hand, a heated greenhouse really would increase your chances of a good harvest. I use a green electric greenhouse heater. They are sold all over the place for about 20squid. They have pros and cons.

The trouble with them is that they blow the heat out and this is damaging and desiccating for leaves and buds. You have to aim the air away from your plants which means that the heat isn't going exactly where you need it. Still, it will heat up the whole g/h generally. Try not to blow the hot air straight out of the window! A much better option is heated tubes, kind of like underfloor heating, which radiate heat but these are more for the professional (again, someone prove me wrong on this and tell me where a cheap option can be found, please)

You will need ventilation to avoid moulds. A good extractor is best - but unlikely and expensive for a 6 ft by 6ft g/h and definitely increases heating costs. The easiest way is to use the window! By hand is a pain, better to get one of those auto open/shutter things. They are cheap and work by gas pressure, I think. Again I recommend these because they are thermostatic - you can set the temps at which they open/close, just like the green electric heaters.

The trick here is to strike a balance between the temp at which your heater strikes up and the temp at which your window opens and shuts. If the window
opens too early your heater loses effectiveness, too late and humidity becomes a problem. Likewise with the heater. You need to get a 'feel' for the climatic micro-system (wow - great phrase).

It is worth repeating something that I know you (herbm) and I don't need to hear again but will be of possible life saving importance to less experienced growers...
ELECTRICITY AND WATER DON'T MIX. If you can't do it safely, don't do it at all. Really.
The plug for my heater runs OUT of the greenhouse into a kind of plastic mini house which is where the garden electric cable runs to. This is totally rain and dog proof and STURDY. There are no electric points in my greenhouse. There is a surge protector at the other end of the garden electric cable, where it plugs in inside my house...At no times are any electric points or items just left on the ground. In the greenhouse, electric items, such as heaters, should be raised ABOVE the level from which you water (somewhere between knees and hips for me.)

My overall view on heaters is this.. The whole point and joy of outdoor/greenhouse growing is that you are using the sun and ground and air instead of HPS's, pots and fans. These things are natural and best of all, FREE. Heaters are very expensive. Try to choose varieties that come in before the need for heaters or which will come in with only minimum heater use (around the end of October/beginning of November) most skunks are good for this - but some can be mould susceptible so choose carefully, the F1 skunk hybrids are usually slightly hardier.

That said, if you don't mind spending the money and you are a confident and attentive grower with a little bit more experience, greenhouse heaters will greatly increase the range of varieties you can choose from, just like the greenhouse did in the first place.

Swap the toms for a heater then you can smoke ten SSH joints for me! (outdoor is always more psychoactive than indoor, too, you lucky grower)

Grover Sativa
(actually, cola bro is my little brother. I really should get my own login.)

Back