which has stronger effect? Smoking or Vaporizer

Potency Only, Which is more potent and has a stronger effect, Smoking or Vaporizers?

• Smoking is better than vaporizers for potency.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • Vaporizers are better than smoking for potency.

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Vaporizers are the same as smoking for potency.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Don't know, I have never used a vaperizer.

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • I haven't used a vaporizer enough times to form a distinct opinion

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Pepper, what temperatures do you recomend? What temp do you keep it at for it to be stronger than smoking? Any other tips?
Thanks

IMHO

Smoked primarily 1 paper joints (no tobacco) 35+ years love the joint. Also got a hookah, for those special occasions, and if you want your ass kicked I can think of no better device. However I recently bought a Volcano Digital vaporizer and believe this is the most efficient device for maximizing delivery.
I get a gram of medical grade weed and roll up a fat one and lets say a friend and I burn it down to nothing and get 30 tokes out of it. Yes we are drooling and stoned for sure. Potent? You bet it is. Efficient? Compared to a hookah, hell yeah. Compared to a Volcano? Not even close. Heres how I use my Volcano.
To the best of my understanding, THC vaporizes at 365F/180C and when you take the Volcano out of the box, I use a solid valve by the way, that is where it is set. I will grind up 0.4 grams (everything but stem) and place the product in the valve. Meanwhile my vaporizer is heating up and when it's about halfway to goal temperature, I put the valve on the top of the volcano with the bag attached. Once goal temperature is reached, I fill up the bag and observe for that just right look of vapor in the bag. Once the bag is filled, I detach the valve and place the mouthpiece. I will then get about 4 good draws from the bag. You do this three times alone and all I'm saying is, you are stoned. I will then regrind and replace the herb back in the valve. You can fill the bag again 3 times and regrind (after three grinds, herb is maxed out). I regrind because the owner's manual says that the more surface area available, the more vapor can be extracted from the herb. I do not adjust the temperature. I can fill up 10 bags and have done as man as 12. The reason I believe the vaporizer is more effective is because, conservatively speaking, I get 40 draws out of 0.4 Grams of weed. That's 1 Gram = 100 inhalations. Efficiency wise, I have seen no better product. Cost effective? Yes it is worth the high cost, should last for many a year. I do 20 hits on 0.4 grams, most I've done at one sitting and still got 20 left. I am as high as I care to be, so yes indeed, the Volcano vaporizer is da bomb.:cool:-bk

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to question the results of this test Brick Top posted. i have a few objections:
1. Joints are not all that efficient because although the smoke that you do inhale may be unadulterated alot of weed goes up in smoke between inhales especially if wind is blowing..
2. Since when do cannabinoids bind to water? But I'm no chemist, maybe when it's in smoke form it does? Can anybody here confirm with proof that cannabinoids are lost when smoking through a bong by binding to the water or the water "trapping" cannabinoids? I like to think the water just purifies some of the tar and shit from the smoke...
Ok now whether to vap or not to vap? I've tried it a few times and maybe the weed wasn't the best but they all tasted like roasted peanuts to me....as for it being "cleaner" I think it more a case of being "high" rather than "stoned" because the user doesn't get the effects of the CBD, I think. So, my verdict? I think it's a nice thing to have because it saves your lungs and it's provides a different kind of effect more suited to day time smoking. I think it would be nice for a change, but if I want to save my lungs I'd be better off cooking w/ cannabis or making hash so I smoke less to get stoned.

Hi everyone, great comments, thanks.

I don't know about , in terms of measuring smoke, etc. but I have found, and still believe, that in terms of how high you can get from smoking, nothing in my opinion compares to a nice one and a half foot tube bong. I have found that a single good bonghit or two gets me more ripped than puffing on a joint, as much as I love joints.

For sheer economy and quality nothing can compete with a bong in my opinion.

Unlike most people, I can smoke a whole fat jay of even the best weed, all by myself.

Here is a good experiment:
Try rolling a fat joint and then instead of smoking it in a jay, break it up again and try to consume the whole thing in bong hits, with a nice single hitter, like a one and a half foot tube bong.

If the weed is bomb, the odds are you won't even come close.

My theory on why this is: I believe that by removing most of the tars from the smoke, the bong allows you to take in a much larger amount of smoke, so that although the net THC content of the smoke might be slightly less due to the filtering process, the net effect is that you can take many more times a volume of smoke into your lungs, so the over all effect is that you wind up getting a much larger single dose of THC and other related cannabinoids, and because of this ultimately the effect from the bong is much stronger, despite the fact that the water may capture a small amount of THC.

I love my new vape, my doctor told me some interesting facts about the vape that I would like to share.

He said that when using the vape it is important to make sure that there is no visible "vapor" because this visible vapor is actually smoke, and smoke contains dangerous and carcinegenic particulates and tars.

He said that you can still get maximum effect if the vape is set right, but the onset of the high is considerably slower.

I have found that at 340 F(171 celsius) you can still get significant effect with a vape and there is no visible smoke, but honestly, I keep mine at 360 even though there is some visible smoke. It is still very lung saving compared to smoking.

Update:

Well I am still trying to get the hang of this thing, fine tuning it and what not, but now days I am keeping the vape at around 367 degrees F(186 C).

Does anyone else have any insight or recomendations about temperature settings for vaporizers?

360-385 should be ideal depending on the moisture content of the herb.

I used to use my volcano at 375.

and the grey/blue vapor you see should not be smoke. I think that cannabis does not combust until close to 400 degrees.

they also have found that a vaporizer (volcano) will only produce 2 or 3 known carcinogens in the "vapor" compared to like 120 in smoke.

http://www.maps.org/mmj/pr5.02.03.html

Last edited:
Hi Coop and WB, thanks for the input, sounds like good advice.

LOL Coop, I was praying that my Doc was full of shit on that one, great article.

Greetings all

:)

two cents ... Vaps work, but smoking is still the strongest method in terms of high and full effect(taste, richness).

Temperature makes a difference, 200-220, really gets it going. The thicker and more smoke like the vapor is, the more potent.

The vap works, better for you health wise and should cut smoking in half, but a splif of NH or NL5 versus a vap balloon, to me is no choice at all ... SPLIFF.

But, again the cap has its place. Just set the temperature a bit higher

I run the volcano daily and get 4 bags per bowl each sesh - and then throw a few joints in there for the body stone in the evening.
The volcano gets me high like a good clean sativa high even with indica dominant strains , in comparison to joint that calms and relaxes the body..

I vape mostly as I enjoy the high and am better able to regulate the stone. Vape is set at a low temperature. The once vaped material is dumped into a decanter jar. All of the material is turned into green dragon or used in coconut oil.

Two uses, best of both worlds.

Special occasions always call for megajoints. Nothing says hello like a foot long joint. :)

Well folks,

I have been vaping now for several months and the truth is, it has changed my life. I love it.

It is the only thing that could cut my smoking, as a result my lungs feel much better. Now days I have cut my smoking to twice a week, and I vape on all the other days.

Now I appreciate my smoking much more.

With the type of Vape I have, it uses way less product.

Fill the bowl up only half way, it works much better that way, I have found, and does not clog.

This brand is the Ultimate dude (NO2 by vapir)

Amazon.com: Vapir NO2 Vaporizer: Everything Else

WOW!! only $109!! Have quality vapes been coming down??

I wonder about this Vapir Air One 5.0 model for $149 that boasts "exact temp. control"
Vapir (as one expects) says its their best model ever. Even less vapor leakage, bla bla..

At these prices I might just have to treat myself to a vaporizer. I always suspected they'd eventually come down a lot.

Thanks for the recommendation Josh :)

Forgot to add I use it on 190 or level 6 on the volcano
wanagrowbigbud-albums-my-garden-picture7187-vape.jpg

I then turn it up to 8 at night and re vape the scraps for the CBD.

Strongest highs I have had over the last 5 years have been from the volcano, makes smoking a joint feel lightweight after you can smash 4 bags of pure vaporised THC in a row ... ;)

I have days I will smoke all day but at the end I always go back to my vape for a good strong high every time.

Health reasons are the other great aspect.... and indeed the vaporisers help give you a chance to clean your lungs out, very very well ..

You are welcome Donb, I could be wrong but I think that one you pointed out is an older generation, and inferior.
can't vouch for it, cause I never tried it
here it is for 93 bucks on amazon
Amazon.com: Vapir One 5.0 Digital Herbal Vaporizer + Inflation Kit - VapirONE: Health & Personal Care

I don't have much of a point of reference, aside from the NO2, the only vape I have ever tried is the volcano a friend of mine had a couple years back. The NO2 is portable, chargable, battery operated, and has exact temp control, and it is hard to say for sure cause I am smokin haze now, but I get much more wasted off the NO2 and it uses way less weed then my buddies volcano did.
I don't like the volcanow bag because it is unsanitary and cumbersome.

I keep it at 370 fahrenhiet, it has both farenheit and celsius temp setting.

NO2 heats up a lot faster when its plugged in, then it does on battery.

A medium size bong hit size chunk of haze ground up stays vaping for like 15 minutes and gets 1- 3 people wasted.
here is another amazon link of the NO2 3 pages of ratings: Amazon.com: The Vapir No2 Portable Digital Vaporizer + Rechargeable Battery + Free Pocket Scale And Free 3pc Grinder: Everything Else

The thing is sturdy, I have dropped it a few times, and it still works luckily. I have used it every day all day for the last 4 months and it works as good as new. I soak the screen in whiskey over night every week or two and rinse with hot water. It comes with 5 sets of screens and I am still on the first set.

Hi Coop, that thing looks beyond hi tech... Love the glass bowl, it looks better than a volcano. I trust amazon reviews and I rarely ever see anything with that high of a cumulative rating.
I want one. How does it work?

Last edited:
A medium size bong hit size chunk of haze ground up stays vaping for like 15 minutes and gets 1- 3 people wasted.

Wow this I must see to believe.

I think I will order one, could save me a pound of weed a year :D

the volcano was my 5th vaporiser and it seemed to kick ass in every aspect, glad to hear they are making better for a lot less $ ;)

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to question the results of this test Brick Top posted. i have a few objections:
1. Joints are not all that efficient because although the smoke that you do inhale may be unadulterated alot of weed goes up in smoke between inhales especially if wind is blowing..
2. Since when do cannabinoids bind to water? But I'm no chemist, maybe when it's in smoke form it does? Can anybody here confirm with proof that cannabinoids are lost when smoking through a bong by binding to the water or the water "trapping" cannabinoids? I like to think the water just purifies some of the tar and shit from the smoke...
Ok now whether to vap or not to vap? I've tried it a few times and maybe the weed wasn't the best but they all tasted like roasted peanuts to me....as for it being "cleaner" I think it more a case of being "high" rather than "stoned" because the user doesn't get the effects of the CBD, I think. So, my verdict? I think it's a nice thing to have because it saves your lungs and it's provides a different kind of effect more suited to day time smoking. I think it would be nice for a change, but if I want to save my lungs I'd be better off cooking w/ cannabis or making hash so I smoke less to get stoned.

Smoking Pure Cannabis That Has Been Properly Flushed And Dried And Rolled Into Paper ( Modianos, Ricepaper Skins ) Will Still Subject You To The Exposure Of Carcinogens Like Toulene.
A Volcano Used Between 160-180 Will Give You An Energetic High With Zero Wastage. 180-200 Is Couchlock Cum Noddyland ( CBD-Medicinal- Better Than Valium For Muscle Relaxation ).
200-230 ( CBD/THCV)- Again, Sedating And Turning Temperature Up To Make Sure None Wasted.
I Love My Volcano Digit And Highly Reccomend It
Of Course, If I Could Get My Hands On A Verdamper ( Made By Horky, Of The Czech Republic ).
Its A Vapouriser And Bong And Can Be Used Outdoors ( Picnics, Etc ).
Its The Most Popular One Used In Dutch Coffeeshops. I Think This Is The Link Delta Technics Engineering, partner in temperatuurbeheer technologie
JKP

Attachments

• amsterdam09 364.jpg
    amsterdam09 364.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 5
  • amsterdam09 381.jpg
    amsterdam09 381.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 6
  • amsterdam09 375.jpg
    amsterdam09 375.jpg
    886.3 KB · Views: 5
Wow this I must see to believe.

I think I will order one, could save me a pound of weed a year :D

the volcano was my 5th vaporiser and it seemed to kick ass in every aspect, glad to hear they are making better for a lot less $ ;)

A pound of weed per year...

That sounds about right.

I can't say for sure its better than a volcano because the haze I am smoking now is on a completely different level than the shit I was smoking with my buddy a few years back.

It is insane dude, I only fill the bowl halfway cause it smokes better that way, and gets you more high, it is like maybe a 20th of a gram, you pass that thing around for like 15 minutes at 370 you see like a fine blue vapor on the exhale, like 20 or 30 hits later everyone is fried, on like a 20th of a gram, it blows my mind. Its small too. you can fit it in a large jacket pocket no problem.

Its not as strong as a decent joint, but it gets you really high, and saves the lungs massively and uses one tenth what a joint uses. It is a cleaner high. Its social too cause you pass it around for a while its like a labor of love, toking on that thing, its not like you take one hit, no, like 10 or 30 hits is more like it, and you get all these subtle tasty essential flavors that progress and change as the minutes go by, after like 15 minutes it is done. It is a new experience for me, it has really changed my life man.

It kills my back pain, and now that I vape most of the time and just smoke a few times a week my tolerance is down, so if my back has a bad spasm or blows out, when I smoke then that just knocks me out.

I appreciate my smoking that much more, yet the vape is still very satisfying. My lungs have not felt so good in years.

Last edited:
Anybody ever used the Hot Box? The guy who turned me on to the No2, said that this was what he used at home, and the No2 he used when out of the house. He said the hot box was the best, even better than a volcano, cause of the whip, and it only burns when you toke and it has an attachment that you can filter it through water or something.

I never had an opportunity to try it.

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Box-Vapor...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000QSBNO8

Vaporiser Dominates When Used Properly

A pound of weed per year...

That sounds about right.

I can't say for sure its better than a volcano because the haze I am smoking now is on a completely different level than the shit I was smoking with my buddy a few years back.

It is insane dude, I only fill the bowl halfway cause it smokes better that way, and gets you more high, it is like maybe a 20th of a gram, you pass that thing around for like 15 minutes at 370 you see like a fine blue vapor on the exhale, like 20 or 30 hits later everyone is fried, on like a 20th of a gram, it blows my mind. Its small too. you can fit it in a large jacket pocket no problem.

Its not as strong as a decent joint, but it gets you really high, and saves the lungs massively and uses one tenth what a joint uses. It is a cleaner high. Its social too cause you pass it around for a while its like a labor of love, toking on that thing, its not like you take one hit, no, like 10 or 30 hits is more like it, and you get all these subtle tasty essential flavors that progress and change as the minutes go by, after like 15 minutes it is done. It is a new experience for me, it has really changed my life man.

It kills my back pain, and now that I vape most of the time and just smoke a few times a week my tolerance is down, so if my back has a bad spasm or blows out, when I smoke then that just knocks me out.

I appreciate my smoking that much more, yet the vape is still very satisfying. My lungs have not felt so good in years.

Just Like I've Seen A Few People Who Still Hav'nt Mastered The Art Of Properly Smoking A Doobie ( Cough, Splutter, Too Big A Toke,Etc) The Same Can Be Said Of Volcano's:rolleyes:
I Read The Instructions Of My Volcano Digit I Bought From Some Southend On Sea Seed Wharehouse With All The Bells And Whistles For £225.00 ( Wholesale Price )
I Take A Toke That Only Fills 50% Of My Lungs , Allowing For The Herb To Expand Without Coughing And Wasting The Toke;)
Right; Half Way There. I Hold The Vapour In My Chest For As Long As Comfortable, And Then I Slowly Exhale Through My Nose.
Only One Method Cheaper; Hotknifing Hash .
JKP

Attachments

• Tres Senioritas - Sept 5 - Volcano-Scale.jpg
    Tres Senioritas - Sept 5 - Volcano-Scale.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 3
Back