what is the best pheno ??

Mr.Bad

Hi
I wonder what is the best pheno?
and how to recognize when the plants are still growing?
should I choose one that draws more on the sativa or indica?
thank you all...

Hey Mr.Bad, The best pheno is the One you like the best! And you will recognize it. But its best to judge after you harvest. ok take care

Rhinoman hit it on the head.
You may as well ask 100 people who the prettiest girl is.
May need to re-phrase the question.

Rhino also is correct that you cannot pick a winner based on appearance. If your goal is truely to find the best, you must compare the finished products in a trial by fire ;-)

That means you take cuts of ALL the girls and only keep the one(s) you choose after harvest.

Your priorities may be different, but for most here it is:
  • Potency (pure strength, how much you smoke to get the effect you seek.)
  • Quality of the high (Up, soaring, couch-lock, med user seeking pain relief, etc.)
  • Yield
  • Duration of Flowering
  • Vigor/health, resistance to common problems (mold, pests, etc.)
  • Anything else (appearance would be way down here)

If you seek a Kush pheno, then my experience is that you must be careful of jumping to conclusions based on appearance.
I should be harvesting in 2 or 3 weeks, so I will comment on how my assumptions did compared to how the plant smoked after I get to start testing them.

PS: More information requires that you vote for my pic in bud of the month (see link below)

:D

it's a very good question what pheno to keep if you want to have it more on kush side ( pretty sure it's a better smoke than skunk side )

the description says :

Usually, the flowering time will be in the faster range of 6 weeks, but one will find certain phenotypes that will finish in 8/9 weeks.

i am very curious to know if you can find an indica fast flowering pheno that takes 6 weeks and have the "kush" nice smoke to it.

here is a quote from you cpn saying the best phenos are expected to take 10 week to flower :( damn if it's right i won't grow this

thanks alot for your inputs

i never saw a six weeks strain but im sure what you win on flowering times you loose it in potency or other important trait.

I understand what you mean, but theres really phenos of interesting strains that are nice potent and quick

for exemple in that thread
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/shark-shock/11602-shark-shock.html

the original poster got a 45 days very nice and potent keeper

i'm just trying to see if we can find such a pheno in masterkush x skunk

i know it's longer most of the time, but im sure u know that with a nice selection u can always have a more indica faster flowering leaning plant

thats what im searching, maybe master kush x skunk is not the right strain for what i want

Most of the time when I here some one say I found a 45 day pheno it is followed by the words it could have went a little longer

are you talking about master kush x skunk or all the strains ?

because theres definately strains on this forums that are 100 % done at 42-49 days ( 6 - 7 weeks )

the big question is, is the quick pheno also potent nice smoke etc... and im pretty sure it dépends mostly on the strains u take and the pheno Inside that strains

I'm saying there is not a set amount a plant finishes in with a kush x skunk to full maturity you are looking at 8 to 10 I've seen people bitch cause there blue cheese was not that potent and they harvested at the 7 week period I'm not trying to sound like a know it all cause I got a hell of a lot to learn my self but barnys says its done at 7 weeks and its not if you got a pure sativa you can well go in to four months of flowering

I am on the the second run through on my three MKS phenos. They will all go at least 8week and the most "kushlike" one may want a a week or so more. Capt. has it right, the most MK leaning are going to take some time. He was also right about my small "round topped" one. She stayed small and finished fast.....and she's not around any more. The other three are all worth keeping just for the yield. The #2 pheno from my MKS thread is very Kushlike but will be done in 8 weeks. The #4 pheno is skunky and will finish in about the same time frame. The # 5 is the most intreaging as it a lot like #2 , more open ,smaller buds but more of the juniper/ lemony type smells,frostier and will take longer to ripen. I feel I am more dialed in with with these cuttings over their seed plant mothers and will have a better idea of what each pheno has to offer. Also growing at least one of each outside and will cull one or more after I know how each one performed in each grow. The seed plants were great, the cuttings are outstanding. Very easy to clone,likes the nutes, good resistance to mites , very good production :D,and dam if it aint dam fine smoke too. Read what Captn. has to say and remember, PATIENCE is the most important tool in any grower's kit.

kief420 : yeah you are definately right, we better know when it is done for real instead of getting it too soon and have bad results

fishdog : thanks so much for the input, i was wondering if a nice pheno could be grown outdoor since the description says Northern Hemisphere between Sep and early October,

the only problem is when that pheno is not the one you prefer ( the more kush like ) then it become useless to search for a pheno that dosnt exist in that line or that is very hard to get.

so i guess the fast finishing pheno of that strain is not what i am looking for, thanks so much for being so clear about the phenos, helped me alot

I only cracked 10 beans and got 4 fems. Thats not much of a selection, so I wouldn't say you won't find that fast kushy one but from what Cptn. said and my results would indicate what you are looking for is not the norm for this strain. The little one was a nice plant with a very pretty top cola, but next to the other three there was no reason to keep her around. Much better things to be found. I am lucky to have a green house so if the #5 doesn't finish outside.. in she goes . Pics are of the little one and her only nice buds, the rest was not worth a pic. Smoke report on those buds in the pics.. Ahhh Umm AH....something to smoke but Um .. A..Yah.. something to smoke. The other three are around because of output and for smokeability.

Attachments

• DSC_05360003.JPG
    DSC_05360003.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_05760005.JPG
    DSC_05760005.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_05780007.JPG
    DSC_05780007.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 58
I only cracked 10 beans and got 4 fems. Thats not much of a selection, so I wouldn't say you won't find that fast kushy one but from what Cptn. said and my results would indicate what you are looking for is not the norm for this strain. The little one was a nice plant with a very pretty top cola, but next to the other three there was no reason to keep her around. Much better things to be found. I am lucky to have a green house so if the #5 doesn't finish outside.. in she goes . Pics are of the little one and her only nice buds, the rest was not worth a pic. Smoke report on those buds in the pics.. Ahhh Umm AH....something to smoke but Um .. A..Yah.. something to smoke. The other three are around because of output and for smokeability.

wow mate, very very nice looking frosty buds, your very talented. i wish i could smoke these, do you

im very excited that you have planted some outside and can't wait to see the results since we seen that crazy bud, if it finishes in time where you live i'd say early to esrly mid october, nd it has a similar product it's gonna be very interesting.

from reading everyWhere i realize some strains that takes a bit longer indoor could be shorter outdoors since it reacts differently to the variation in the sun lights, i live at 46th parrallel and u must be around 40 ?

can't wait to see your results keep up the good work, this is definately a strain worth to try.

peace

Take a look on my amnesia kush its a 6 weeker and very potent and yielding but don't ask how much seeds I must pop out for find that one :mad:
A good input is take a look on the indica fat leaves phenos when you need q quick one.
But its so like the other says it must the best for you is the best plant nothing more

Take a look on my amnesia kush its a 6 weeker and very potent and yielding but don't ask how much seeds I must pop out for find that one :mad:
A good input is take a look on the indica fat leaves phenos when you need q quick one.
But its so like the other says it must the best for you is the best plant nothing more

i'm curious to see your amnesia kush, do you have any pictures ?

where did you get the seeds from ?

or maybe it was a clone.. :D

nice name anyway and how many beans have you poppe dto find that pheno

thanks

Thanks, FW I,m flattered. Did you check out my thread on MKS? some pics of the outdoor and some other good info on this strain.

Back