What are YOU smoking today? (PICTURES)

@musashi, Hey Monsterman! I can't wait to see the monsters you grow in your backyard with those MNS seeds!:

ha ha Monsterman! I would love to earn that nickname! I spent the last 2 years wondering where I can grow some plants in soil. Still looking. I live in an area of 1.2 million people. No big cities, just urban sprawl everywhere. Houses and people friggin everywhere. Growing is illegal here. So, I am limited to 5gal containers. Can't grow monsters in them! I tried 7 gal containers last year but they are too heavy to move around(when the plants are monsters 😊) which must be done where I grow. So back to 5 gal containers and smaller plants. But monster potent! 😊

Example of a plant being choked by 7gal container. You can see by the 'trunk' on her that if she was in the ground, she's maybe a monster! Good yielder though - 28oz of trimmed bud. Best smelling pot ever 😉 Cured 2.5 months now but have not had time to try it!!!! The plant on the left has monster potential if not in container.

View attachment 47485

5 gal. containers? Forget about it. Yet that is what I am restricted to next year. Nice plant but no monster. Anyone out there in upstate NY with a little plot of land I can use. I'll grow you some trees and split it with you! 😊 I do have one edge next season - MNS seeds! [Edit: Now that I've been drinking bourbon and smoking J's, she's starting to look kind of sexy. Same thing happens with women when I am out and drinking bourbon and smoking J's o_O]

View attachment 47487

musashi said: "Looks like MasterKushSkunk you got there."

Yeah, musashi, I did pick up some MasterKushSkunk! These last 2 years I have been growing - nothing but Master Kush, Super Skunk, Northern Lights, and Jack Herer. So MasterKushSkunk seemed like a slam dunk! I said I had no MNS gear but 'Nevil' did some work on the strains I grow so somewhat related to MNS? I also picked up some Early Queen(Nevil) as it is supposed to finish in September. Late September here can be snow or 80 degrees. I also picked up some G13XAfghan Skunk on your recommendation! I am most excited about those seeds. Not sure they will finish here but I have an idea about using my garage as a greenhouse for a month to finish her! ha ha With these MNS seeds next growing season is going to be hellafun! I learned a lot this second grow, hoping some day to do it right! One important thing I learned on this site is - I don't know jack! Just a lucky grower I guess. Every day on this site I get schooled! It's like going to college for free and your homework is growing plants!

Speaking of monsters, we have a new member, @RileyQuin, he can grow trees and I think he may have planted a crop. Pay attention when he posts up if you like outdoor monsters! I sure do!

Longball
Holy crap, looks like you're doing fine with 5gal buckets, are they fabric?

Hello @Islandgrower !

I have yet to smoke Critical Haze! Any comments on the high, smell, or taste?

Longball
To be honest I am terrible at describing smells and such . However the first plant harvested which I am smoking some of without a real cure is smoking remarkably well. I can only imagine how she would be with a proper cure . I always say I start my cure from the moment I hang dry in our local conditions where a temp low 80s is the average and humidity usually between 55 and 75% .
The high is rather clear no couchlock . Could be because of the harvest time . Smells very slightly between them .

@Deach69, Holy crap, looks like you're doing fine with 5gal buckets, are they fabric?

Hello Deach69!

In the first photo I am using a 7gal fabric smart pot. In the second photo I am using a plastic air pot. Another great product. While I ordered 7 gal pots they are they exact same size as a 5 gal bucket.

Four of us used these pots for the first time in 2020 and all 4 of use grew the biggest plants we had ever grown. No other change. Same soil mix, same genetics, etc. Had to be the pots. I will use again. The fabric pots should be set on a small 1-2 inch plant stand.

In the following thread, the first 2 pictures are of my plants 2019 vs 2020. First picture is 2019 plants in 5gal buckets, 2nd picture is 2020 in the new pots. Huge difference - check it out. You can also see the 1-2 inch plant stands I am talking about in the second picture. Hope this helps. Any other questions feel free to PM me!
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/threads/august-16th-again-outdoors.17272/

Longball

Last edited:
MASTER KUSH

There is not much I can tell you about Master Kush that you don't already know. Funny thing to me is, here I am smoking it and I had no intention of even growing it. I started the 2020 season with 7 Super Skunks and 5 Jack Herer's. Each seedling more beautiful than the last. I knew this was going to be a great year! After I transplanted them into 3gal pots, that very first night mice ate every single plant!!! Phuck! Now I had to scramble to find seeds as growing season was here. Last year one of my 2 Master Kush plants spit out a single seed. Not knowing genetics, I thought without a male that it may be retarded or incestuous or something. Now I had to use it. I think I learned they are an S1 seed and good to go.

One of these two Master Kush plants spit out a single seed in 2019. Can you spot it?
2 MK plants.jpg

The seed produced a lovely girl.

MK Young.jpg

Summer storms blew in and beat her like a rented mule…

MK Storm.jpg

Now she is not so pretty, held together with rope, bungee cords, foam covered wire, gaff tape, and fence posts. Smelled so strongly of Citronella that folks asked me where my Citronella candle was. The last month before harvest the smell changed to 50% Citronella and 50% racing fuel. I liked the Citronella better but it sure smelled like hi-test!

MK wired.jpg

Made it to harvest. No longer any smells of Citronella or Racing Fuel. Reminds me more of the Jamaican Overproof Rum my friend used to bring back from Jamaica. He always bought back more than rum ha ha. Having family in Jamaica was a big plus! 😊

MK Buds.jpg

Final product that I didn't imagine I'd be smoking back in the spring. High is a bit like drinking Red Bull! If I don't stop bouncing off the walls soon, I may have to take a swig of CBD juice to help calm me down. Taste is different. While not sweet it makes me think of a blend of Sugar, Jamaican Overproof Rum, and Red Bull. The smoke expands in your lungs so be careful! I usually smoke J's so that smell lingers on your face and hands for a long time. That's when it smells the best. Reminds me of the' Old Time Shit' that used to do that. Master Kush? Maybe as a female she should be called Mistress Kush as she definitely going kick your azz!

MK Smoke.jpg

Longball

Last edited:
@Deach69, Holy crap, looks like you're doing fine with 5gal buckets, are they fabric?

Hello Deach69!

In the first photo I am using a 7gal fabric smart pot. In the second photo I am using a plastic air pot. Another great product. While I ordered 7 gal pots they are they exact same size as a 5 gal bucket.

Four of us used these pots for the first time in 2020 and all 4 of use grew the biggest plants we had ever grown. No other change. Same soil mix, same genetics, etc. Had to be the pots. I will use again. The fabric pots should be set on a small 1-2 inch plant stand.

In the following thread, the first 2 pictures are of my plants 2019 vs 2020. First picture is 2019 plants in 5gal buckets, 2nd picture is 2020 in the new pots. Huge difference - check it out. You can also see the 1-2 inch plant stands I am talking about in the second picture. Hope this helps. Any other questions feel free to PM me!
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/threads/august-16th-again-outdoors.17272/

Longball
I've been experimenting with both fabric and air pots over the last couple of years. I love the results, but both tend to dry out quickly. I prefer the air pots, but big ones are too expensive. But then I found this
gonna try them this upcoming season. Im also passionate about growing trees, the diy air pots will come in handy for those as well

Hello @Deach69!

We also ran into the problem of the pots drying out quickly. All of our plants started wilting after being in the sun a little bit. We thought it was the plants hating the sun so I started a thread on it.
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/threads/help-please-hatin-the-sun.17189/

It turned out the pots dried out so quick that the plants needed at least 3 waterings a day every day when it was hot out. One guy set up an automatic drip water system. For the rest of us that have to move our plants a couple times a day this was not so easy to do. Both pots work as advertised. You will need to come up with a watering plan though. Thanks for the link!

Longball

Hi All

you know reading through this thread tonight i realized i loved this Master Kush mum since 1991....think it won a cup in 1994 or somewhere around there....it was so interesting the effect it had on me after a few puffs, not the biggest yielding plant so hit it to the skunk to give it body...it is a stoner after it gives that clear high adrenaline effect initially....of course it depends upon your mood to begin with but was always close to my heart ...so nice to hear others describe its effects on them...well done . If it is cured 6 months it really changes into deep aromas....but nice read and great photos well done enjoyed recollecting old stoned moments.

Be safe and stay healthy....Shantibaba

Happy New Year to all at mr nice seeds :)

Medicine Man - Pheno #1 - 8 week flowering time- Earthy/Fruit/Berries
Nice, clear, relaxed, indica high from this one. A good plant but just not for me as I'm limited on keeper space, and with an amazing mango haze and la nina, along with the sisters of this cut and other lines sprouting, I've every right to be so picky haha
MedMan.jpg

Medicine Man - pheno #3 - A fast finisher with a 7 to 7.5 weeks flower - Pungent grape sherbet/summer fruits
Very similar effects to pheno #1, pheno #3 possibly a little stronger, and more enjoyable to smoke due to the delicious flavours. Again, another beautiful specimen found from only a few seeds, but she didn't make the cut, so had to get the cut. Making space for some new seedlings recently acquired at auction.
MedMan3.jpg

Northern Lights

While I can't swear to the authenticity of the genetics it does appear to have some NL genetics in her. It will be awesome if Shanti releases something from those '96, '98, and '01 seed bags he found with NL genetics in them. I would feel much more confidant about where my genetics came from 😊

Turned out to be a very easy plant to grow.

Seedling.jpg

She easily lapped up twice the recommended dosage of nutes.

Nutes.jpg

'Bush In A Bucket'. Sure wish I could plant in soil, maybe then I could really grow something!

NL.jpg

A little flowering stretch and she looks like she should be in soil in the Outback, not a 5gal bucket in upstate NY! Starting to get the purple tinge NL is noted for!

Stretch.jpg

Why go to the Arctic to see the Northern Lights when they can come to you!

Lights.jpg

3 months of curing. Can't quite figure out the aroma, strong but very unique, like nothing else. From the earliest stem rub there was a hint of a mildewey, musty smell. In a bit of irony it was the only plant I had that did not get a bit of PM or mold on it, yet you can still pick up that smell. Sometimes I get a whiff of what reminds me of pea soup. I love pea soup but I'm not sure I want my smoke to smell like that! ha ha Taste is rather nondesript - neither good or bad but that is not so important.

NL Buds.jpg

What is important is the high. Reminds of some things I smoked years, if not decades ago. I love how the high keeps coming on in waves. Just when you start thinking about another hit - whoosh - you realize you might be higher now than you were an hour ago. Love that! Not a hint of couchlock for an indica based plant but I must say that my friends are always quick to point out that I have never owned a couch in my life! After 3 months of curing it is still quite sticky to touch, loving that too!

Smoke.jpg

Longball

Back