What a pleasure!

Howdy gentlemen!

For some reason I can't quote you guys this morning! Keeps kicking me off when I go to reply...

So- thanks for the kind words fellas! She has potential. I think 2 more runs with her and I'll get it locked down and pumping out bigger buds.

There is actually quite a lot of blue and purple on the sugar leaves that my crappy phone cam doesn't pick up. After dry I will trim and post some better pictures. Probably Sunday night.

I can't wait for the smoke test!!! To bad none of you are in CO! I like to share;)

Jake

Well, friends, these buds are not a 10 in any category... Except aroma! The berry smell has remained through the drying process. There is a background of grapes in there now. I am looking forward to burping this jar :p

I will hold off on potency comments until after a few weeks in the jar.

Happily berried,
Jake

You have too much fun!

Thanks for the kind words, bro. My wife is not a weed smoker and even she likes the way this girl smells. She offered to help next time I need to trim the blueberry plant... Only the blueberry though. Very specific. Lol.

That alone brings me a lot of joy!

Jake

Is there anything more gratifying than growing your own?
Well, okay it's the second best thing. Happy trails!

Aloha, M

Is there anything more gratifying than growing your own?
Well, okay it's the second best thing. Happy trails!

Aloha, M

I was just telling my buddy that I much prefer inspecting my plants than smoking them. A few years ago when I first started growing all I could think about was smoking the flowers as quickly as possible. Somewhere along the line I fell in love with growing the plant and started looking at the harvest as a sad day, instead of a happy day.

I still like consuming my own homegrown though, way way more than anything else available to me.

Stay cool!
Jake

Well, friends, we have a name for the berry Walkabout pheno. In my garden she started as WA1. That is not a good name :)

So, while smoking a fat joint with my cousin I laid down the story on Walkabout and how it's an Auzzie term etc etc. I told him I want to name this pheno something that will pay tribute to the Australian roots supporting MNS.

He text messages me today and says he has it:
Koala Berry!

Bam. that's it. In Colorado it will be known as koala berry.
If anyone wants to know I will tell them exactly where I got it from. This also simplifes things because the sativa WA I have looks like she may earn a spot in the rotation so now there will be WA and KB in my garden instead of wa1 and wa7.

Does any of this matter? Hell no! Is it fun? Hell yes!

Much love people,

Jake

...Somewhere along the line I fell in love with growing the plant...

I don't care to fish anymore but there's nothing like driftin down the river in a boat. It's the quality of the entire experience that defines our purpose.

Koala Berry rocks!

Shaka brah
M

I don't care to fish anymore but there's nothing like driftin down the river in a boat. It's the quality of the entire experience that defines our purpose.

Koala Berry rocks!

Shaka brah
M

Wow. You must be smoking the SSH.... That was a SUPER response. :p

When you publish your text on philosophy I will purchase a copy and read it twice!

Happily Koalaed,
Jake

Koala Berry sounds like a great name :)

Names do and don't matter.
Depends on how you look at it I suppose.

When I go through crosses I want to make in the future I also always think about names.

Got a great one for my first main cross but keeping it secret for now :p

Did you write a smoke report on the Koala Berry already and I missed it?
Otherwise tic toc mofo :D

Stay frosty bro

Did you write a smoke report on the Koala Berry already and I missed it?
Otherwise tic toc mofo :D

Stay frosty bro
Hi Bro, Happy Easter!

I have not completed a formal smoke report yet, the first batch is still curing. :D
I can tell you that my sample smokes have provided a very mellow high and a decent amount of pain relief.

Happily Hazed,
Jake

Don't let that Bro guy push you around. Say where's the smoke report? hehehee

Cool runnin braddahs
M

Hihihi

I'll take that pic for now musashi bro.

It does look awesome. Not the most colorful or frosty but definitely up there in both categories.

If I imagine the smell, my mouth is watering :D

Wa1 smoke report: aka Koala Berry

Alright, I feel comfortable giving a smoke report at this time. It has been curing for 2+ weeks and the sampling is on big time.

Potency: 7/10. I wish I could get my flowers tested for cannabinoid profiles! The effect when smoked is interesting. Relaxing and mellow, makes one more introverted. After a few bong rips (3) it has major couchlock and thought slowing going on.

My sister in law (consumes once or twice a month) got ripped off of it on Sunday. She ate half a a package of cookies that had been sitting open on the fridge for a couple of months... She didn't seem to care when I told her how old they where. Lol. So, yeah, appetite stimulant as well.

Smell: 9/10. After 2 weeks it is like blueberry yogurt in that jar. Exactly like blueberry yogurt.

Taste:9/10. Fucking blueberry! I couldn't be happier! It tastes sour on the inhale and straight blueberries on the exhale.

Overall this is a keeper for me. It's not the strongest but I do love the smell!

I am totally surprised by this selection from the Walkabout line.

Happily hazed,
Jake

Last edited:
Awesome Jake, happy to hear the smell carried through the cure.

As for potency and flavor/taste, that might a) still come out stronger with a longer cure and b) as you said maybe dialing in your setup (different/earlier flushing, compost tea with molasses or such) in future runs.

Otherwise: Don't fret on the potency.

I can't say this from my own experience yet, but I am getting the impression that it is much harder to find taste and smells you are looking for than potency.

If you find yourself wanting more potency from your Koalaberry, I would suggest crossing something super potent from your stable to it and look for offspring that the Koalaberry parent passed the blueberry traits on to.

But even if not, keep it.
I for one plan to keep a few "weaker" phenos (potency wise) around to create a strain that isn't too devastating and can be smoked during the day and such. Your Koalaberry sounds like just the plant I would keep around for that purpose: Create something super flavorful that doesn't end your day after 1 hit :D

Awesome report Bro and great ad for the Walkabout line!

Updated flavor rating... Kinda embarrassed.

I needed to clean my bong.

I rolled a .5 g joint to celebrate finishing yard work today and I almost dropped it after the second toke... To my surprise....
It tastes great! I went in and promptly grabbed my triple perc test bong... Yeah, I skipped a cleaning somewhere along the line.

Please disregard my original claims of generic flavor.

I'm blazed and only made it half way through the joint...
9 euro well spent. LOL!!!!!!

Jake

Back