What a pleasure!

Lol! How dare you!

Cool, man. It definitely has indica written all over it. I'm hoping the smoke is fire because at this point it's the strongest smelling plant I've ever had this early into flower.

Lol insane,

Mr. Nice really does provide everything hu?
I searched FOREVER until I found a reputable source for Blueberry seeds.
Who knew I could've found that in a pack of walkabout :D

Makes me feel hopeful for my Bubblegum search in Nl5xSkunk and Critical Mass (as Neville the prophet foretold, this is where I shall find Bubblegum, I know believe :D ).

Bro,
I was in that same boat. Have run a buddies blueberry and it was not even worthy of that name. I was planning to drop some coin this summer on BB seeds... Now not!

Pop your seeds! You never know what you might have in that little straw :D

So, we're at 5 weeks today.

The blueberry Walkabout is looking great. Starting to swell up big time and the pistil production seems to have stopped. I'm thinking a week or two until it's time to chop.
I've never had a plant look this done at only 5 weeks, which lends credence to Pat's theory that I have a shit cross on my hands here.

Will post pics today ( off work!)

Jake

(Edit- camera is busted. Time for a new phone! Pics soon)

Last edited:

I have a clone of this girl sitting right next to this momma a few weeks behind that I left untopped. I will be interested to see how she looks as a single cola plant.

Right now trichomes are mostly cloudy, with 30-40% clear. I'm thinking 2 weeks tops until she's at peak potency.

Jake

I really can't wait for harvest pics and smoke report jake.

Really anxious to copy your notes when finished and compare it to my own Blueberry I will be growing sometime in the coming 2 years.
I researched it for so long and feel like I made a very solid selection in the end but am very curious which one will look "better" in the end.
The walkabout Blueberry or the one I spent 2 months researching and another month procuring.

This gon' b gud :D

Thanks, Bro.
Once the love show is over for the blueberry I will post pics of the other plants I've got going. More indica expression than I was expecting our of the Walkabout so far with only one looking to go beyond 10 weeks.

What blueberry did you pull the trigger on? DJ Short?

Looking forward to your grows..... Some day. Lol.

Thanks for the kind words,
Jake

Good things take time :D

I almost pulled the trigger on DJ's beans but I wasn't really willing to pay the price tag from the get-go (I don't believe anyone's beans are worth more than 4 maybe 5 bucks per bean tops, especially if you can get MRN genetics for way less than that). Further research led me to believe that the DJ beans on the market are usually quite old and definitely overpriced and not worth it.

I ended up looking for recommendations on icmag and also scoured the web for breeder and seed vendor reviews.
One stood out from those reviews and recommendations in particular: PeakseedsBC out of Canada.
Mike is the frontman there and I had great communication with him.
Bro hooked me up with a great deal including the best stealth shipping I have seen, by far, and free of charge to Europe!
Can't recommend him enough so far (without having run his seeds though, gotta take other people's word on that).
Anyway, his Blueberry is a cross of DJ's, Sagarmatha's and Dutch Passion's Blueberry.
I'm not too keen on Sagarmatha and Dutch Passion but the grow reports and reviews I found along with Peak's overall great reputation and the great price convinced me.
Have 30 of those beans along with his Cinderella 99 (which he claims comes from Frost Brothers who had the rest of Brother's Grim stock if word of mouth is correct) and a couple of his Sweet Skunk. He also hooked me up with 10 C99xBB testers, also excited about those.

I will grow some other beans first but as soon as I have everything dialed in and my confidence back, I will wait for cold weather and pop the blueberry beans.

Another thing that convinced me of Peak is that they only have a very trim lineup of genetics.
Bro only grows what he likes and is convinced of. His Skunk and Northern Lights along with the associated crosses also received stellar reviews but I was more convinced of the Shit and Ortega from MRN.
The only strain in his lineup that didn't do so hot was his Texada Timewarp line and from what I understand he is kind of done with that strain and moving away from it.
Mike also let me know that he is moving a bit towards Sativas in the future and I agreed to report back to him on any Sativas I will grow in exchange for the C99xBB testers. I think he will release some Sativa leaning strains in the coming years.
The website is a bit outdated (he says so himself) and doesn't show that he has the C99. But if you ask him about it, he will happily offer it to you.

And if you are interested, make sure you go to peakseedsbc and NOT peakseeds. The latter is a scam side.

But enough advertising. Let's see what the results will be when I grow his stuff, for now let's talk more Walkabout :D

Hm I am also surprised to hear you say that there were more indica than sativa leaning phenos in the pack. Would have also expected that most seeds would lean towards sativa.
Doesn't seem like an issue thougt.

Sometimes your Walkabout takes you more down the Indica path :D

Damn, Bro. I live under a rock. I've never heard of peak seedsBC. Sounds like you did a lot of research and I look forward to seeing how they do for you.

I've been wanting to try a C99 but I have a hard time figuring out who has the legit strain and who has just renamed something else.

DJ Short is not making a lot of friends lately. I've seen some pretty disappointed customers on the other boards. You better have some damn good genetics for 10$ a seed. Like, waters itself, trims itself and walks over to my grinder. Lol.

I will say that I still have 6 WA beans left, and maybe those will be more sativa? Overall I'm stoked. Very impressed with this "discount" line!

I have found a keeper in the Walkabout, have a pretty close race for a keeper in the Critical Haze group and the Nordle seem promising. I'm getting to the point where I may just run clones for the rest of the year and then pheno hunt again next winter, but do it right. I plan to run my whole pack of Angels Breath to find a "true" keeper.

I wanna see how the blueberry will do in a bigger pot. I'm thinking the next round will be 4 clones(already ready and vegging) off the blueberry in 7 or 10 gallon pots. I'd like to dedicate a 1000 to just this cut and cram my others under the other 1000 in my flower room. I will wait to make that call in case the berry smell doesn't stay through dry and cure.

I feel like a newb. I want to chop her so bad, she looks ready and awesome. Thank jah i know better.

Jake

If you run her again, if possible, try test with lower temps towards end of flower, maybe she could purple too ^^

Actually, with this round I've got my night time temps into the lower 50's in hopes of turning my supposed GDP cuts purple. I don't know that I can get it much lower than that with my setup.

I do plan to run at least 2 of the BB cut outside this season. Last year my Charlie Sheen OG turned bright purple in the first week of October. Then the rot came and I lost all of it. I will have the plants in my back yard this year so I can watch for and treat when issues pop up. I'm hoping she will turn a nice purple or blue, as icing on the cake.

On another note. My GDP is not GDP. Waste of 45 dollars for 3 clones. I actually just put one outside to finish flowering or die. Taking up real estate in my flower room and not producing at anywhere near the rate of the rest of the room which is all MNS.

Genetics count :)

I'm still unsure if I should get clones in the future at all...
Too many risk factors and too many stories like yours I have read...

On the other hand, I could possibly get stuff like GG#4, SFV OG and ECSD...
That stuff I just can't get as seeds.
Was close to buying some Chemdawg seeds from Rez through the boo even if they are that old and have that bad karma but for the price tag ...

Since I moved away from that, the only Chemdawg genetics I will have are the Rare Dankness strains I got...
The three cuts I could potentially get down the road are more or less all that still interests me genetics wise (everything else I have more or less covered) and if I want to include that in my bank I will need to grow from clone...

For now I tabled those thoughts for somewhere down the road in a few years but still often think about if I should ever accept clones or not...

If I do, it will be from a reputable source though, I won't take any chances and won't buy any clones in stores or dispensaries or anything.
Trade with collectives/reputable members of the scene or bust :D

nuoooo, I only got 2 packs but really hope I get a good OG representative in there...
Karma was the other "available" choice but I didn't like the strains I could get from Karma and was told Scott's OG was the bomb *hope*

I have Scotts OG from a dispensary here and its not worth the hype. BUT, being as they grow from seed that means they have watered down genetics. Probably crossed to SFV by Swerve or 1 of his crew.

YJ

Hello my friends!

Tomorrow morning will be chop day for the wa1, commonly referred to as the berry girl :)

She is a super fast finisher. We're just into week 7 and trichs are starting to amber. I don't like lots of CBN in my bud, so, it's time to chop!

Happily hazed,
Jake

Hope ya took a clone of her.

Fast finish w tasty lookin buds? Sounds like a dream for some.

YJ

Of course! I have another cut of her at about 3 weeks of flower and then 4 more under the t5. Gonna be keeping this girl around simply for the speed with which she operates! That blueberry aroma is icing on the cake!

I plan to share her with my community.

Jake

Yub just waiting for the smoke report.
Everything else seems keeper material.
Described smells/aromas, frost in the pictures, veg/flower time and vigor/growth behavior.
All seems great.
To my liking she could be a bit "fatter" with the buds and maybe a little "less green" (I like me some colour :D) but that is all offset by the blueberry flavors.

Awesome stuff Jake, lookin forward to the smoke report and how the aromas and flavors behave during the cure.

Stay frosty bro!

Hey Jake seems everyone is waiting for the smoke report. Me too :)
Never grown it and sure looks like some happiness for you braddah.

Cool runnin
M

Back