Well....this is gonna sound strange :)

n2ishun said:
Hello n2ishun!

Maybe it is the heat? 3 of my 17 plants also started budding BEFORE the solstice! It has been VERY hot here also. Usually I don't see buds until well into August. One plant even changed from indica looking in veg to sativa looking in flower! I took a cutting of that one! lol

Longball

Finally got a good clean image of how the tops are pink before turning normal green.
It's weird looking after having grown so many plants that are nothing like these things.
Second image should show just how extreme sativa the things are.
z.jpgzz.jpg

In the 90s , Mississippi river /railroad tracks , the locals would mix seeds from brick weed with wild hemp , to hide it . Go back in fall . The trains would go by pollinating for miles. The first autoflowers ? It was the same in Wisconsin only the plants were shorter . I think the Mississippi river banks has autos from gulf of Mexico to Minneapolis

Minor image update.
Flowering well, heavily bushed.
Snapped off top intentionally since it was trying to overtake the world.
I have one with the top I snapped at 6 foot tall and it's now about 9 foot with a 4 foot top hanging down....maybe would have gone 15 foot ?!? and still growing hard.
Another is about 5 foot that I have been snapping the upper parts regularly and it's about 8 foot or so in diameter, super branchy, heavily laden.
IMG_0188.JPGIMG_0189.JPG

is the sap red when you take a cutting? Can't help but think about 'the Blood' found in hawaii's kona gold

Not much resin but from my experience not many sats are very sticky.
No it was partially seeded by a male I didn't yank quick enough....not that thats a problem.
I really have nothing invested in the plant, seeds were free, just plopped them into the ground and I water it when I water my garden.
It does have a 'groovy bitchin' 70's smell to it though...one has a bit more citrus and the other has that lovely chocolate with the standard spicy/sandlewood/cinnamon/mexican herbs smells dominating.
I have massive stash of all sorts so I'm not even really looking to smoke the stuff, I'm only growing it because I've never seen a healthy ditchweed plant....I guess now I have huh ?
The early samples are all the same, damn near heart attack inducing speedball shit.....not really getting high, but such a burst of energy you'd think 'did I just whiff an ounce of coke?'.
I have some super potent ice hash I made from some random sativas I grew and it will not even come close to the rush you get from this stuff.
It's weird, I know, and trying to describe it is very difficult.
It has to be super high in cbd and some other ancillary chems like cbn or whatever, but I'm certain the thc is low.
I dunno....what is it that gives you the speed rush in sativas ? anyone ?
Hey, this is the breeders subforum, and what good is it if there isn't some experimentation, right ?

Funked up looking buds. Is there resin on it? Did it seed itself?
I went over to another field that I *koff* johnny appleseeded at about the same time these plants were started.
Obviously it's heavily seeded but I grabbed a few tops to see for myself if there is any resin glands.
Lo and behold.
IMG_0195.JPG

The place is a mess though....thousands of males that have played out and thousands of females droopy with seed weight.
Heh, wonder what it will look like in a year or two because I'm just going to leave it be.....and it's not a place anyone will go because it's difficult to access and really nothing there to draw folks in.
But there ya have it, full on open pollination, big time.
Gawd this paper plate is right under my nose as I type this and the smells are incredible....I don't care what anyone says, it smells freaking killer.

It sounds interesting. No telling where the original seed came from. And then if it's been adapting for the new climate for no telling how many generations. When most hemp was grown there weren't any low thc requirements. Not like today. It got low because it was bred out of dominate characteristics. Those recessive genetics are still in that dna just waiting to come out. You've found something. Keep us posted if you can get it tested.

"Oh yea, and seed size....super tiny, you can cover 20 seeds with a dime easily."

I used to look at seeds under a microscope. Beauty in the different spots, and lines, color. I never saw two alike. Like Leopards or Snowflakes, no two alike. More of Nature's Beauty! :)

Longball

No, that's just a fully seeded top so the pistils have retracted, happens when they have been pollinated on some sativas (never seen it on a indica).

Well, I think I've got it nailed down.
Today I was looking at it and took one of the dried up tops that I had been snapping to keep height in check....it was completely dry and brown as can be.
I crumbled it up and took about 10-15 good solid sniffs to get the best possible aroma recognition.
The very first sniff I knew, it was immediately recognizable, further sniffing just confirmed it.
Mexican, circa about 1978-1982.
Smells exactly like that mexican cocoa tablet thingies (abuelita brand) a light bit of pine, and some back end skunkiness.
Remember that really top notch mexican that everyone thought was chocolate thai ?....yea, exactly
All along I was letting myself be fooled by the chlorophyll since I had really only smelled the fresh greens, not dry and brown.
My bad....I guess I really wasn't interested enough to bother with details.
That fully explains the speed rush you get after smoking it, the original mexican had it in spades.

Now that I look at the whole plant it just all makes sense....someone tossed out mexican beans all those years ago and they just took off.
Here's a full plant shot and the same pic zoomed in so you can see detail.
Yep, old school mex.

whole plant.jpgzoom.jpg

You can easily see the browned out branches I've been snapping and leave hang, quite a bunch of them, the thing would be huge if I hadn't.
Don't mind my 'wall of tomato's' in the background, it's great camouflage.

Unfortunately it probably won't finish for me. I'm in the relatively upper midwest and the snow will probably hit late next month or early november....I have a feeling this plant won't be done by then.
Funny the parent plant I got the beans from *seemed* finished when I found it in mid octoberish but that could be because it was fully seeded.
Ah well.

Last edited:
No, they were sourced here in the upper midwest and I did a johnny appleseed in Az...I have no idea how those ones are faring but will probably be down there in about a month so I'll see then.
Hey I'm an old man and have a right to snowbird if I want to mmmk ? :)
This plant and 1 other will probably put out a hundred or so nice 1-2 foot spears as you can probably tell by that last pic I posted....sorry I have them camo'd so well. but hey, upper midwest, not kosher here.
I'll leave them go as long as I can and take what they give.
It'll be like a blast from the past....wish I could share the smell, it'd knock yer sox off, it really does smell exceptional.

Such an interesting thread, it raises some interesting questions. In particular, I'm wondering if this plant or strain may be high in THCP, the newly found cannibinoid that is supposed to be 30x stronger than THC. When news of the discovery of this cannabinoid broke, I immediately thought that might be the secret ingredient for the legendary trip weed. The most memorable high I've ever had was in 1974 or 1975 when my friend scored some "trip weed" and it induced full-on visual hallucinations. That was in the days of stemmy, seedy brick weed. Who knows where it came from. I wonder...

Please, no requests for beans (yep, getting that).
Scott requested that we not share beans directly with each other and I respect that.
I think there was a security issue in the past and that's why he went in that direction, he said to send to him and he would forward them on and I didn't see money involved....dunno particulars!?!
I'll see if Scott would like me to send him an ounce or two of these beans and he can decide then what to do with them (freebies?).
Yea I do have lots, yea I'm not in a friendly state, yea security is at the forefront.
Mus, if you read this can you *maybe* chime in if you know anything that might help keep it phree ?
They were free to me and I'd like to keep it that way but a nice clean secure way would be best.

(edit)
Shanti has been contacted.

Last edited:
Loved reading this thread, very good of you to want to share them n2ishun. Just seeing a super sativa looking plant like that is fantastic it looks like real wild weed.
Hopefully you get to sample it close to finished if the weather holds out.

Bong

Looks nice...bit like the king congo strain. Maybe some african type ? What ever it is it does look quite beautiful. Good find.

Last edited:
"Marcus_in_the_Darkus, The most memorable high I've ever had was in 1974 or 1975 when my friend scored some "trip weed" and it induced full-on visual hallucinations. That was in the days of stemmy, seedy brick weed. Who knows where it came from. I wonder...

About that same time, I scored some 'trip weed'. Never had weed like it before or since. It did remind me of tripping as I was doing LSD once a week back then. I was used to thicker, fuller, chunkier buds and the 'trip weed' bud looked a lot stringier. I just figured it was crap weed spiked with LSD or something. It looked like pictures 1 and 4 in the photo below. Maybe from the Haze Brothers? ;)

Who knows where it came from? I wonder also...but I will never forget that day.

Longball

Pictures 1 and 4 - tripping weed?
Haze Bros article 3.jpg

Back