water curing?

300dutchman

So i have a buddy who is putting his flowers in a jar of water for a week before drying, is there any science out there on this or is this a waste of flower.

i thinking you talking about put the branch on the water like a flower with the bud above but put in water like this is no good

for me is nonsense

So i have a buddy who is putting his flowers in a jar of water for a week before drying, is there any science out there on this or is this a waste of flower.
i thinking you talking about put the branch on the water like a flower with the bud above but put in water like this is no good

for me is nonsense
so, water curing is an old school way to get the nasty flavor out of bud, and it can work depending on what that flavor is from. I have not done it, but know many people who also, have been growing like 30+ years say that they do it when needed.

Yep ive also tryed this before. Also for a week long refreshing the water on a daily bases. It doenst take away any of the effect but taste will get washed out mostly. I was kinda dissapointed with the end result as taste were very blund.

so, water curing is an old school way to get the nasty flavor out of bud, and it can work depending on what that flavor is from. I have not done it, but know many people who also, have been growing like 30+ years say that they do it when needed.

for me it's heresy

you loose thc when you doing that

it's like too much rain the smoke is tasteless

Yep ive also tryed this before. Also for a week long refreshing the water on a daily bases. It doenst take away any of the effect but taste will get washed out mostly. I was kinda dissapointed with the end result as taste were very blund.
for me it's heresy

you loose thc when you doing that

it's like too much rain the smoke is tasteless
better bland, weak self grown flower, than some store bought poo nasties. I've never done it QuinxStar, but I fully understand if its required from environmental fuck ups or gardener errors.

Water has it's uses. Sometimes an H2O2 bath can salvage a crop that's been ravaged by PM due to wrongly timed weather just before peak harvest. What doesn't go in the bag goes in the oil.

🤙Mu
The bud wash technique that HeavyIcerx on Instagram introduced to the public consciousness is a more advanced form of cleaning, that also helps with removing ash, and other pests. 1st bucket is baking soda(check to make sure It is not powder, I am unreliable in memory as its been like 5 years since I saw him do it) second buxcket is FRESH LEMON JUICE(NO PRESERVATIVES), 3rd bucket is fresh water. you can wash whole branches and whole plants at harvest by dipping and pulling the plant up and down in the water.
I am of the opinion, that mildew bud is only good for distillation. there is a flavor compound the mildew makes that's butane soluble.

We often forget that water is a solvent.

🤙Mu
But THC is only slightly water-soluble.

You can definitely improve horrible tasting weed water curing and improve the relative THC concentration. You will lose a lot of water-soluble material as weight, but barely any THC. Some of the stuff lost being terpenes and other desirable goods, unfortunately. Dull flavor for sure.

Bud washing.. Who’s heavylcerx? Dude that started/created this method, I don’t know him by that name but I’m not on Instagram. It works if needed. but waste of time if not..

Wouldnt be concerned with little loss due to water soak. Lose more sticking to sides of a jar. Heat the water up and drink it.. but look at your buds after first ice water bubble run, buds look like they could be dried and resold. Each to there own.. try it if you have enough to muck about with...don’t if you don’t want to... Those who fuck around/experimenting are the ones who find stuff out. Nothing wrong with sitting back and staying on your same same path, not going outside of what you know, waiting for the experimenters to find out what works and have that passed onto you...

The desert has the ability to deposit very fine particulate over surfaces. Many years ago, I watched the uninitiated interpret this dust as PM. In fear, they took the advice of a friend. They proceeded to wash their crop down, douse with a baking soda mixture and rinse. The result was lifeless weed- lost bag appeal. Trichome deformation, loss of fragrance. Close to 10 pounds of primo pre-98 Bubba compromised. Thousands of dollars literally washed down the drain. When I asked them is they glassed it, scoped it before they did all that, they replied no. As @Growstone said, "the ones who find stuff out." Only takes one time for most.

🤙 Mu

I'm definitely not trying to convince anyone to do this. I am saying that it isn't necessarily a catastrophe if your crop is already "compromised" by bad flavor, early harvest, and maybe a few other scenarios.

When I was making "marijuana milk" I found that the "cleanest" tasting and most potent batches came from simmering the weed in water, discarding the water (good for the garden ;)) and repeating at least once, until the water runs clear. Then take the cleaned weed and simmer at a low heat for maybe a half hour. Strain the weed out. The resulting milk will only have a slightly off color. Depending on ratios, this can be the strongest, fastest acting edible possible. In fact, be careful. It's really easy to over do. If you want a psychedelic weed experience and you are already a stoner, this is the ticket.

I have had a friend take two shots, forgot she couldn't breathe under water, and almost drown. I advise caution. But it is fun. :)

...I am saying that it isn't necessarily a catastrophe if your crop is already "compromised" by bad flavor, early harvest, and maybe a few other scenarios.

Sometimes it's all one can do to salvage this side of total catastrophe. My friend at least made back some instead of none. He no longer hangs around the other braddah though. However, not properly identifying dust and confusing it for PM thus going down a bumpy road that didn't need to be travelled, well? Using at least a 30x would have saved so much heartache. That small world can be eye-opening. Thrips jumping, arachnids amidst their eggs, finding a budworm exiting out of your topmost Black Widow bud, PM, oh yeah.

🤙Mu

iF your crop doesnt need it, Absolute waste of time, not nessasary.. wash the fruit to eat. Who’s chewing buds? Then Wash them lmfao.. it does have a slight effect on the finished product, don’t care what anybody says. If it doesn’t, what’s the point? Lmfao.. you process anything like that,?it’s going to have Some negative effect, the wonder power of cannabis or “fake 70’s crap” is no different, lol... Lordy hell, baby steps with some people. Process to keep it the same lmfao. bagappeal? Id say buds look better once washed..

Last edited:
The desert has the ability to deposit very fine particulate over surfaces. Many years ago, I watched the uninitiated interpret this dust as PM. In fear, they took the advice of a friend. They proceeded to wash their crop down, douse with a baking soda mixture and rinse. The result was lifeless weed- lost bag appeal. Trichome deformation, loss of fragrance. Close to 10 pounds of primo pre-98 Bubba compromised. Thousands of dollars literally washed down the drain. When I asked them is they glassed it, scoped it before they did all that, they replied no. As @Growstone said, "the ones who find stuff out." Only takes one time for most.

🤙 Mu

cant cure stupid, lol

Back