walkabout starts

TonyG

All of the 10 walkabout seeds I planted have sprouted. It only took 4 days. The females out of these will be going in my greenhouse this year, along with some Citrilah from Soma(first time with this strain also) and a few other varieties. I'm going to germinate the other walkabouts along with some nevilles starting around August, or as soon as I my veg room turns back in to my sativa room. Going to post pics of the walkabouts starting in about a week and I will continue it till there done in October. I also could use some help maybe identifying some of these later down the line. I'll make sure the pics are clear.

Nice that you have a green house to let them finish in. There are some real sleepers in the packs of walkabout I grew it outside last year some of my friends will not smoke it say its to strong...LOL

Pics coming soon

Thats Great to hear about the potential. Now I'm even more excited. Sounds like me and you have the same type of friends. My net was down for a while, but I'm going to get some pics and post them in a few days. They are really looking good, pretty vigourus growth.

Working it out

Sorry for not having pics up yet. I have been doing my posts off my phone and it's beenG quite a task. Anyways, all of the plants are beautiful. They are showing sex and I can already identify 6 females and 2 males out of the 10. At least 2 of the plants are indica, however one of them appears to be male. The greenhouse is coming around and should be ready to move into by June 1st. Thanks again to MNS! Gonna try pics again tonight. Think I have it figured out.

By the way, I loved shantibaba's last article in Weed World. I read them all, the last one though... My favorite so far.

Update

Well, I was only able to post pics on the members and my gallery. The side shots came out fine, but I had problems posting the top views. Sorry for the confusion.
They are all between 16 and 22 inches tall, have nice branching and color, and got 7 females out of the 10. All of them smell different from each other, which probably is normal. They all have healthy, white roots coming out of the bottom of the pots.:D(very fuzzy, lots of root hairs)
Also, they drink water really fast now. So good thing summers almost here. They are going to take off when they go on the greenhouse in about 10 days. The indica strain that I thought was a male, is in fact a female! I'm happy about that:D

Sorry about the pics and the gallery.

Finished

Well, I finished 5 walkabout phenos outdoors. I wasnt able to post pics on the thread but I have a few in my gallery if anyone is intetested. There are still a few I want to get on there from earlier in the summer.
I grew them all straight in the ground with homemade guano teas for soil maintenance and flavor. They all finished between the second and third week of october, and at 4,000 ft. The cold temps towards the end probably reduced the yields a bit, but added beautiful colors and good resin production. Still a couple yielded over 12 ounces each, and the ones that yeilded lower are still a pleasure to smoke. The smells range from lemons to mangos, spicy undertones, and all unique in their own way. The flavors are represented by the individual aromas, except more defined with added exotic fruit flavour and hash undertones.
I planted all of them late in the season to control the hieght(I had 16 other plants to hand trim also) and wasnt able to cover my greenhouse unfortunately. So I barely beat the snow. Trichomes look nice and finished(at least 25% amber in each). I know some people like it more ripe, but 25 is actually about where I prefer for the majority of strains I grow.
As much as I like them all, one of them is wow. Great medicine and the taste is amazing. With better temperatures I know they would yield incredibly and with a top on my greenhouse, I could have pushed them an extra week. No complaints this year though and I have 8 more seeds.
Sorry for the poor thread. It was all done off my phone and it was my first. I am preparing to germinate my nevills haze next month, so I will do a better job on the next one. Also looking into either black widow or medicine man for the next batch, leaning toward med. man. Open to suggestions.

Hi TonyG - still having troubles posting pics? Its the bottom url under the photo in the gallery - just save it across. I took the liberty of posting a couple of your Walkabout pics:
2011-10-20_16_58_09-1.jpg

This purple cola is a beauty. Looks like it will be a lovely smoke. Mexican you think?
2011-10-20_16_56_54.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics and for the help. I like these two even with the pest damage. Im new to landrace strains, so I am not quite sure the genetics. I still need to do some research. I also grew Mekong High(loas/vietnam jungle area) in the same garden. Its not bad at all.

Back to the purple walkabout, I can tell you that the high is very nice. A slight creeper, hits you right behind the eyes. It made me very focused though. I was able to concentrate really well and stay functional. I would say that it is my second favorite of the 5 I grew. Purely because of the effects.

Its beautiful in a jar and is curing very well. The tastes are more peppery with spice and hash. Slight undertones of sweet fruit and is suprisingly easy on the lungs and throat. As the others were basically the oppisite, one pretty lemony.

walkabout pic

Here is another pheno of walkabout. Notice the purple walkabout cola.at the bottom:)
2011-10-20_16_55_47.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Back