Walkabout~ Old Style

moschops

Hey there Ladies and Gents :D

Had a bit of a result from half a yellow pack of the Walkabout mix, very pleased with my four modest sprouts. They all broke the surface within 48 hrs of each other after about 3 days in soil (+scuff + 12hr presoak).

Taller sat doms at the back have raced away as you'd expect whilst those at the front are super slow but steady (IBL stocks??) Hoping for some sensi here but quality males will be taken into consideration for some home made crosses.

Seedling shots are kinda dull but life from one of the infamous yellow packs got me going so what the hell?.......So begins the Walkabout :)

Attachments

• IMG_2743.jpg
    IMG_2743.jpg
    861.3 KB · Views: 67
Hello folks. Here's a quick progress update...moving steadily under a low light system

Shots are in clockwise order from top left as in first post (nearly, last 2 out of synch)

#1 Declared male, nice sativa type...smell is pretty typical woody and sour astringency. Reminds me of seed grows from imported 'bricked' sativas from 15+ years ago African bush and Central/South american. Similar to Haze seedlines from a few years back too.

#2 Declared female~ sativa hybrid? Topped once and will top all 4 leaders again. Fruity aromas with metallic overtones. Should be a beast.

#3 Undeclared. Slow growing sativa dom, not much aroma yet. Still thinking ibl with this one and...

#4 Undeclared. Slow growing indica dom(pure?). Minty astringency and some sourness in the aromas.

Chuffed with all these, distinct and different each one. Anyone with ideas/guesses on lineage/strain, I'd love to hear it.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Attachments

• IMG_2806.JPG
    IMG_2806.JPG
    779 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2805.jpg
    IMG_2805.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2807.JPG
    IMG_2807.JPG
    863.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2808.JPG
    IMG_2808.JPG
    785.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement folks. The plants are doing pretty much all the work; like I say I'm made up with these :D

Topped the sativas the other day and stuck some fair sized cuttings from the female. Will hopefully get those outside for a late run. Not sure if I want to potentially sacrifice the others to guerilla uncertainty but hope to do them justice one way or another.

Like all the other reports on this mix pack I have to say that so far...It's fantastic. I have a sativa female of the Early Skunk line too; just been topped and cuttings stuck so not ready for photos yet but smelling very pineapple-y which seems good to me. Will eventually post her progress in this thread seeing as Walkabout may contain early skunks too.

Take it easy guys

m'chops

Here goes with another pic update on these Walkabouts:D

#1 Topped this sativa fella and keeping him in a tiny container (1l) on the fringes of the garden. May yet give him the chop.

#2 Great vigour and aromas with this lady. Node length may make things impractical but you can see the clones are rooted in just under a fortnight (which is standard for me but maybe slow for you:p). Mother plant is now a 4 leader bush in the making and really needs the walkabout..

#3 Potted on this baby has really got moving, happy to say she's a she. Calling her a sativa dom but not too sure really. Mixed pedigree IBL maybe??

#4 Indica beauty and another female. Very woody main stem on her and overdue a repot; root system slow to fill out as often the case with purer indicas. My guess on this one is a MasterKush??, got quite a particular aroma that's hard to pin; minty?? in a good way; I'm not good at describing.

Really enjoying these plants. As ever; thanks and praise to the fullest to Mr Shantibaba for keeping these seedlines available. You are making this old dinosaur very happy:D

Attachments

• wlkabt sat male.jpg
    wlkabt sat male.jpg
    736.4 KB · Views: 31
  • sat fem 4leader.JPG
    sat fem 4leader.JPG
    824.8 KB · Views: 20
  • wlkabt sat cuts.jpg
    wlkabt sat cuts.jpg
    680.5 KB · Views: 35
  • wlkabt sat dom 3l.JPG
    wlkabt sat dom 3l.JPG
    838.4 KB · Views: 19
  • wlkabt sat dom fem preflwr.jpg
    wlkabt sat dom fem preflwr.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 24
  • wlkabt indica.JPG
    wlkabt indica.JPG
    796.5 KB · Views: 14
Slowly making progress with these plants; a few snaps for those looking in..

Will get to flowering these out but just too busy at present.

2nd pic is one of the cuttings from the 'sativa dom hybrid type' in prev post, just clipping the leaders back as they lengthen.

5th picture is a nice Burmese Highland male from reeferman's stock circa 05, he's got great aromas and good vigour so will be knocking these Walkabout ladies up eventually... the sativa male shown in the first pic will be getting to work on his sister too. All good honest fun.

Bye for now
:)

Attachments

• wlkbt~hazey sat male ibl.JPG
    wlkbt~hazey sat male ibl.JPG
    823.9 KB · Views: 60
  • wlkbt~sat hyb.JPG
    wlkbt~sat hyb.JPG
    859.7 KB · Views: 14
  • wlkbt~satdom ibl.jpg
    wlkbt~satdom ibl.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 16