Very low THC strains.

Vlad the Inhaler

Hope everyone is well.
I have a mate who does not smoke THC more than about once a year. He gets tested in his job and told me other day his favourite rec drug is benzo.
Pretty bad alcohol issues ( he's only young still, so wouldn't guess himself to be an alcoholic ) and collected some spore recently from thehawkseye for me to play around with.
Along with the two spore prints came 20 cherry wine f2.
He is an athlete, and his wyf just completed an 80km single day run down here.
He's got it in his head that CBD is an athletic aid to assist with inflammation and sleep.
I'm not smoking/eating weed at the moment, because I'm all in or abstaining.
CBD is something that I want to use for long term nueral protection, as I turn 50 next year.
Anyway.
I took 5 of the beans, didn't scarify, and just popped then into jiffy of perlite/coco, put them into an igloo and left them in my nusery.
Within 3 days all 5 had come up, 4 strongly and one a bit lagging.
They are similar to MNS seed, which I've always had good luck with germination and strong early vigour.
They are a bit older now, and remind me of angel heart.
I'm going to cut them today.
They are still only in 100mm starter cups, and watered by hand daily.
IMG-20201106-WA0002.jpeg
This is them on 6/11/20. The little runty thing in lower right is a male I cut after he shed pollen, so he's not at his best, haha.

They are described as having less than 0.3% THC, but as they are f2, I'm not sure they will all have so low THC.

I'm.going to do some more post as they continue their journey.

Last edited:
I haven't given these plants any attention until now.
They have been on 1400ec food since week two.
Last few days they've been given 1500,1600 and 1650 veg/bloom feed, because I'm feeding from a batch of plants I started blooming on Monday.
They've had regular weekly feeding of w2g coco probiotic also

The first one I thought was a shorter pheno, but looking at the lack of lateral, now I think it's stunted from shading.
In the first pic it is on left, and obscured by two other plants.
The last one always looked a bit droopy.
They were sitting directly on the flood table, with no drainage, so the others probably should look like it and that one probably should be sicker.
Just holding the cup up they are dripping every two to three seconds, so definitely over wet root zone

I'll put cutting off for anithrr two days.
I am giving the cuts to a mate to bloom straight out in his back yard.
They've been in 24/0-20/4 veg cycle. At 32°s our day length at solstice is about 15/9 so I think I'll get a look at them soon enough.

If anyone else has experience with this type of recreational hemp, pls join in.

They will be used by me personally to produce dry shake, and then extracted for cooking.
They are meant to have a nice terpene profile, so I may smoke on the weekend, but definitely will use the consumable on the daily
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi VTI

I have tried this strain over in USA and it was not under 0.3 % THC for us, but we did not grow so many and they were not F2 seeds. So my advice is to get your hands on a TLC test kit to screen from the leaf whether it is going in the correct direction . Thin layer Chromatography is a screening test to see if the plant has or has no CBD or THC early in its growth and on the field it works a treat for the growing plant...so it is a breeders aid. That being said it does not mean some of these may be low THC as they fluctuate immensely in F2 generation from my experience. But good luck with the project....all the best sb

Hi VTI

I have tried this strain over in USA and it was not under 0.3 % THC for us, but we did not grow so many and they were not F2 seeds. So my advice is to get your hands on a TLC test kit to screen from the leaf whether it is going in the correct direction . Thin layer Chromatography is a screening test to see if the plant has or has no CBD or THC early in its growth and on the field it works a treat for the growing plant...so it is a breeders aid. That being said it does not mean some of these may be low THC as they fluctuate immensely in F2 generation from my experience. But good luck with the project....all the best sb

Thanks Shanti
Lowish THC will satisfy me, but my mate is in a but more precarious position.
The breeder is focused mainly on THC rec weed, I was surprised to see them.
I recommended my my mate get 20, hoping from 10 females I could find 1-2 to hook him up with.
Cheers for the tip on the TLC kit 👍👍

Back