vandelay industries G13sk

vandelay

Frist off I am going to flip them tonight. I am pritty sure they will flower with 13.5 hours light. Can anyone back me up with this?

Hey Vandelay,

Big Seinfeld fan here! Dudes a comedic genius in my opinion. Your name alone has me intrigued...not to mention the G13 Skunk! From what I have heard and seen...12 will do just fine...but no personal experience growing here...just had to see what's up with the Seinfeld fan :p. About the flip...size of plants, containers, recent transplants, medium, blah, blah, blah would all be helpful in figuring out a time for the flip...pics would be extremely helpful! Peace!

Edit: Genetics wise I would imagine there will be girls that want more darkness and others that might not need as much...as she is a hybrid of mostly tropical sativa types in the skunk...with a touch of G13...I remember Nevil saying he only ever used 24 and 12/12 for what that is worth...you could look for the quote if you want ;)

Last edited:
Hello vandelay,

I hate to answer a question with another question but, indoors or outdoors?

Ok, well was unsure as you mentioned in your other thread you were an Aussie and i know some places there receive roughly 13 hours of light year round.

Its standard to go directly into 12/12 in an indoor enviroment, i have read of people gradually decreasing light hours like in nature, but i would only assume the benifits of this would not be extreme.

Hope this helps, greenfever had some good points also, the more you share the better we all can help :D

Cheers

Hey Greenfever, yea seinfeld is the shit one show you can watch repeats of and its still funny.
I have two plants in 50l pots in coco with 3 600w lights on top and 1 600w underneath. Their about 1m round and about 800mm tall, extremely bushy.
They have been veging in these pots for about 4 to 5 weeks.
I know 12/12 will do but more light hours gives them more energy via photosynthesis. Indica dominant plants can apparently flower with 14 hours light. I just wanted to know if any one had tried it and had good results with this strain or one simmilar.

Hi itsbenfun im more south than that currently its the start of spring and im getting less than 12 hours of light a day outside

light time

Hey, george, you in the importing or exporting business? That is a classic. Hey, fyi the skunk hybrids seem to more completely finish their glandular maturation when light is reduced to eleven hours on/ thirteen off for the last few weeks. At fourteen on, some flowering may initiate, but the on set will be slowed and the cycle elongated. Always measure the juice vs. the squeeze:) Happy farming bro. love your ladies.

I like when kramer answers the phone and george runs out the toilet with his pants down sereaming say vandelay industries and falls over. Then jerry walks in ahah good stuf. In that case I think il go with 13/11 for 7 weeks and 11/13 for week 8

jerry

and you want to be my latex salesman! Hey, if I dont tell you to gradually reduce the light time each week then I will get in trouble with the masters. If your goal is glandular trichromes, allow your plant a natural fade at the end. If your goal is weight, I cannot be of any help, for I grow resin. Whatcha doing for festivus this year?

Hey Vandelay,

Hey man, about the repeats you ain't kiddin'...only a few shows like that...Simpsons baby!

Back to the topic :p , I'm not sure the G13 skunk from Shanti is Indica dominant...G13Skunk/Skunk would seem more sativa to me and so I would imagine that the majority of phenos would need at least the 12 hours to develop well...that is just theory though based on the heritage of the strain...Of course if you are not worried about how long flowering will take you can try more light than 12 hours...again theortetically all the girls should finish it just might take longer...I have some 50% haze hybrids that started flowering with less than 11 hours darkness...so it is possible if you are indoors...but you may need to wait longer for the product...I guess you could put yourself in Shanti's shoes and imagine how he went about breeding the strain...not sure I have heard any mention of more than 12 hours of light in all that I have read about this strain on this forum. In short...12/12 is safest, but if you got the time, go ahead and experiment... Enjoy! Peace!

Last edited:
Festivus for me involvs feats of streinght followed by dad telling me how I have disipointed him over the year. A natural fade hey like 5 min a day for the last two weeks?
I put two pictures up in my members gallery im not sure how to post them here. I do like to experiment greenfever why do you think its more sativa? G13 is an afghani and skunk is indica dom isnt it? isnt it the same as shit?

Last edited:
If you have been vegging under 24 hrs light then they will deffinantly flower considering their age and the drastic change in dark cycle.

I think 12 12 light regime is the best overall light cycle when you consider finishing time and yield and energy consumed. You will add time onto the grow which may increase yield but could be lost by having the grow take longer to finish when you could in turn have an extra harvest every year...It could be a good option if you only plan on running one grow to hold you over for awhile.

I veg with 18/6.

I think the 12/12 regime is advised because any hybrid will flower with 12 hours of darkness a night. Indicas will flower under 13/11 withtin the same time, sativas you may want to run on 11/13 to get them to ripen faster.

I am by no means an authority on this as I have not grown pure indica or pure sativa, It just sounds right to me. And I will test this theory

Cut and paste the bottom most link called medium image under your photo, and paste it here...G13/Sk
0233.JPG

to make it large as I have done you delete the - /medium - from the link
0157.JPG

Festivus for me involvs feats of streinght followed by dad telling me how I have disipointed him over the year. A natural fade hey like 5 min a day for the last two weeks?
I put two pictures up in my members gallery im not sure how to post them here. I do like to experiment greenfever why do you think its more sativa? G13 is an afghani and skunk is indica dom isnt it? isnt it the same as shit?

Hey Vandelay,

Yea my bad...your thinking is more inline with the description Shanti has for the line..."Since it is predominantly indica, this plant does not stretch much and can be grown quite easily by beginning to advanced growers with good results."

Shanti's Shit is decribed as Skunk #1 (Afghan dom) x Skunk #1... G13/Skunk #1 X Skunk #1...Not Sure what type of selections were done for the Skunk#1s that aren't described as afghan dom...but Shit is a Skunk inbred line...I'm not sure that inbred line would be used for Skunk crosses...wouldn't that limit phenotypic variation in a hybrid? Just speculation... Plants look quite indica dom...hopefully that will hold up in flowering;)...but they look great man!...Keep us updated. Peace!

I'm not sure that inbred line would be used for Skunk crosses...wouldn't that limit phenotypic variation in a hybrid? Im not sure eather mabie someone can answer that for both of us. Thanks for the kind words budy much appreciated

Back