U2 continuing to satisfy

The Rock and Roll Series are definitely overlooked. The addition of Haze AC really makes this series shine. I am sure that @Tom bolenate can attest to this with The Stones and I have really enjoyed The Cure and The Doors as well. Picked up some more Doors at €12.90 the other day. I could do that all day long lol.

🤙
Mu
Oh yeah!
Just grew a whole pack of the stones and have only good things to say about this line.... Delicious and strong end product, good yields, 10 to 11 weeks and done (if you go 11/13 hours during flowering), quite easy to grow..... Haze AC act like steroids in the cross. One evening I abused a bit of it (0,5g vaped quickly in a hard hitting vaporizer).... my body melted while my head was high like a kite.
I also have the intuition that there are real gems to be found in the F2 as it will allow interesting recessive recombinations.
I'm curious to have @slabsofdank observations on how F2 compare to F1.

Last edited:
View attachment 46805
U2 with 3 weeks to go. This plant did better than the tall ones during that last ‘cane.
@slabsofdank if you got tops broke off on your end and I got tops broke off on my end there can’t be a plant standing in between.
Wall of funk you got there. Sorry to hear of the General passing. Flags are lowered here.

Looks like they're on the same page S&G. I bet the indicas between us took a beating the last several weeks. Even the sativas are so heavy now it doesn't take much to break them. I'm assisting some of the surviving U2 tops with bamboo splints to help support the weight. One top had layed over close enough to the ground the dogs found it and had filled it up with hair rubbing against it. "oh Daddy, I love it!!!"

Oh yeah!
Just grew a whole pack of the stones and have only good things to say about this line.... Delicious and strong end product, good yields, 10 to 11 weeks and done (if you go 11/13 hours during flowering), quite easy to grow..... Haze AC act like steroids in the cross. One evening I abused a bit of it (0,5g vaped quickly in a hard hitting vaporizer).... my body melted while my head was high like a kite.
I also have the intuition that there are real gems to be found in the F2 as it will allow interesting recessive recombinations.
I'm curious to have @slabsofdank observations on how F2 compare to F1.

Tom, they are very similar. It was a very small selection of some I just threw out. I thought they were going to finish earlier than the F1 but seem to be right on track. Maybe the hazeAC pheno were male and got pulled. These F2 are much bigger, ironcally than the F1, but they are in the ground from seed instead of the 40 gallon containers the U2 F1's were grown in. I've got about two packs of the rest of the Rock and Roll Series now to try. I'll get some WACO one day if I'm lucky, lol. Is there anything else bred to the Haze AC male?

Tom, they are very similar. It was a very small selection of some I just threw out. I thought they were going to finish earlier than the F1 but seem to be right on track. Maybe the hazeAC pheno were male and got pulled. These F2 are much bigger, ironcally than the F1, but they are in the ground from seed instead of the 40 gallon containers the U2 F1's were grown in. I've got about two packs of the rest of the Rock and Roll Series now to try. I'll get some WACO one day if I'm lucky, lol. Is there anything else bred to the Haze AC male?
I think all the latest mms releases (Holly grail, Holly smoke, Waco, holli widow....) contain the hazeAC at different level (1/4 to 1/2 of the mix).
Good luck with the end of your U2 cane survivors grow....

Haze AC act like steroids in the cross. One evening I abused a bit of it (0,5g vaped quickly in a hard hitting vaporizer).... my body melted while my head was high like a kite.

Tom, you nailed it. The u2 has that same effect. Too much of it too fast is like a methamphetamine. I've been toking almost daily for over 40 years and a couple of puffs do me just fine. I saw someone say shanti could have named it Hot Garbage and they would have liked it. I'd probably have called it Godsmack. One puff and you're ready to dive into the pit.
Now I'll have to try The Doors next.

Tom, you nailed it. The u2 has that same effect. Too much of it too fast is like a methamphetamine. I've been toking almost daily for over 40 years and a couple of puffs do me just fine. I saw someone say shanti could have named it Hot Garbage and they would have liked it. I'd probably have called it Godsmack. One puff and you're ready to dive into the pit.
Now I'll have to try The Doors next.
My fav soul kitchen

@musashi you've been a bad influence on me filling a cart with minimum bids. What a bargain.

Early Haze €12.50 1 €12.50
Early Skunk Haze €12.50 1 €12.50
U2 €12.50 1 €12.50
Spice €12.50 1 €12.50
Devil €12.50 1 €12.50
The Stones €12.50 1 €12.50
Angel Heart €12.50 1 €12.50
Early Skunk €12.50 1 €12.50
Skunk Haze €12.50 1 €12.50
Master Kaze €12.50 1 €12.50

And the U2 f2 are in countdown to finish. The stigma have all dried and the calyx are swollen. The resin production is amazing for a sativa dominant plant. They colas are heavy and all listing in need of support. On looking at the trichomes with a loupe they are now mostly cloudy with some clear. Just a few amber, mainly on leaf petiole and older flowers along stems. I'd call it 80% cloudy, 15% clear, 3% amber 2% missing heads. A bountiful harvest expected.

Ever feel like the guy that the wife is always blaming for her husband's sins... feelin kinda like him lol
Don't worrry I blamed you for the 120+ straws wife found the other day in the freezer whilst looking for that elk burger.
Oh, sweet pain of addiction. Nice picks at rock bottom prices, deftly done. 😊

Smoking some Doors right now. Wowee!!

🤙
Mu

Well the biggest U2 are about ready. They took a pretty good beating from the weather. They survived heavy spring rains, summer heat waves, drought, two near misses from hurricanes, severe winds that beat them up pretty badly, no rain at all in October (our normally 2nd wettest month of the year), and constant attacks from spider mites and whiteflies. In spite of all of that, the buds are numerous, hard, thick, and sweetly scented of candy and berries. Reminds me of the old PEZ candies. Nice, no Mr. Nice nice.
U2 wall.jpegU2 f2 2.jpeg10.22.20 U2 bud.jpeg

The two little ones that were bare root transplanted in august will need another week or two if I'm lucky.
u2 extra2.jpegu2 extra.jpeg

I'm estimating 1.5 to 2 lbs from them. Might be more. The buds are awfully heavy and dense.
U2 f2 2bud.jpeg

I will let them hang dry for a couple of weeks before any trim and jarring for cure. The broken tops are ready for jarring now, samples approved. ;)

Almost lunchtime, the gumbo is always better on day two.
tx gumbo2.jpeg

I hope you can hear it, because I am clapping as loud as I can.
Seafood gumbo too? You deserve it. Well, well done good buddy.
Give your wife a high five for me, I am a sucker for a woman who can make a good roux.
I’ll drop any good pics when mine comes down soon.

Nice work friend. I’m finishing up outdoors, will play around with small indoor operation.
Ive got a mother tent veg tent and flower tent now...pretty small but upgraded environment.
You are an inspiration for next years grow. Stay intouch

The U2 is so easy to grow just throw some seeds on the ground.

I was going up the stairs and what catches my eye?
stairway1.jpegstairway2.jpeg
I had a purple kush come up Feb 22 one year that made it to harvest. But this little one is kind of early if we have a cold winter.

Here it is in the middle of winter. Several frosts and a few light freezes in the upper 20'sF. This little thing hardly gets any sunlight. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a day of direct sun. The days are up to 10 and 1/2 hours now gaining about a 90 seconds of extra sunshine a day. I ran that mosquito off. Hasn't even been cold enough to get rid of them yet.
Resized_20210127_103927_5861.jpeg

So this little U2 sprout is just loaded with nodes and it's only about 5 inches tall. I see a little purple probably from the cold. And a few mites, grrr. I'm not sure to dig it up or just let nature run it's course. It's been fun just watching it. Like a vine, it gets stepped on, blown around, even got hailed on and then snowed on once.
Resized_20210127_104053_1833.jpeg

Here it is in the middle of winter. Several frosts and a few light freezes in the upper 20'sF. This little thing hardly gets any sunlight. Maybe 3 or 4 hours a day of direct sun. The days are up to 10 and 1/2 hours now gaining about a 90 seconds of extra sunshine a day. I ran that mosquito off. Hasn't even been cold enough to get rid of them yet.
View attachment 49243

So this little U2 sprout is just loaded with nodes and it's only about 5 inches tall. I see a little purple probably from the cold. And a few mites, grrr. I'm not sure to dig it up or just let nature run it's course. It's been fun just watching it. Like a vine, it gets stepped on, blown around, even got hailed on and then snowed on once.
View attachment 49244
I would let it be and get a cutting when possible . She is definitely frost tolerant . But on the other hand repotting it will be a new lease on life and you may see it reveg if left out and it starts flower.

Back