Top 3 of biggest mistakes you've made so far?

One of my biggest mistakes was not putting enough plants into the growroom. I used to think plants should not touch each other and ended up with a lot of empty space in between, illuminating the floor.. . Could have had much more yield if i used that space.

Another one is thinking that with worm-castings you cannot overdo it. This is often claimed but is definitely not true. I ended up with a batch of dark-green, near blue leaves of nl5xhaze (from sensi) that produced only weak stems and small nuggets.

1 Always putting my pots on edges and knocking them down causing damage when they fall.

Something I always say "dont do that" but always end up doing it.

2 going cheap on my air filter. Was running the cheapest and off course was visited by the law. Never cut corners on filters (flowering anyway) they are inefficient. And saying is right, you get what you pay for.

3 inpatient as a noob.

Last edited:
#1 kept more of my old plants, biggest loss was an old ak
#2 don’t spray ya ‘keeper’ room with neem oil in the light. Lost all my males stilled pissed about that haha
#3 quarantine friends cuts! I trust far to o easily

#1 not marrying that one girl I went out with in high school, I will regret that til my dying day.
#2 not leaving California earlier in my life, I had no idea the freedoms I was missing.
#3 selling my 1969 Z28 Camaro, it would honestly be worth 250-300k now since it was full TransAm race spec with cross ram 4bbl DZ 302 and in absolutely flawless condition, Halibrand tranny (only one ever made), 4 wheel disc brakes, borg-warner super T10 trans, posi Dana 60 rear, way too much else to list. It was Mark Donohue's car.

Growing weed ? I have no regrets, not 1.
If I hadn't made mistakes I would not have learned....and lawd I've learned lots.

#1 still mixing soil with coco, no, it is not better then plain soil / plain coco - it is actually harder to give nutes after grow period ended

#2 being lazy, and not let the chlorine evaporate, and test water for pH at each warering - now fixed with dechlorinator, and testing regularly

#3 transplanting smaller plants to early - still present, and working on it...

#4 not buing MrNice seeds earlier - searching for landrace strains and named strains, believing they are best, no they are worst i ever growed, if and when they growed actually... - first try, 2nd, and third row of MNS, and I already growed my best 3. strains ever :)

#1 still mixing soil with coco, no, it is not better then plain soil / plain coco - it is actually harder to give nutes after grow period ended

#2 being lazy, and not let the chlorine evaporate, and test water for pH at each warering - now fixed with dechlorinator, and testing regularly

#3 transplanting smaller plants to early - still present, and working on it...

#4 not buing MrNice seeds earlier - searching for landrace strains and named strains, believing they are best, no they are worst i ever growed, if and when they growed actually... - first try, 2nd, and third row of MNS, and I already growed my best 3. strains ever :)

Yeah Coco can leach cal/mag .

Good tip ppl often overlook.

Biggest mistakes(sadly)
#1: Growing with a partner or crew
#2:Loosing valuable genetics through my own stupidity
#3: Trusting people to take care of genetics or grow with(read#1 again)
It is sad that I have to list these as mistakes, greed is a terrible thing!!
✌ Sensient

Last edited:
I made so many is only fair to add another three 😂

1. Not vacuum packing seeds when they arrive, with no pressure, just sufficient to remove any excess air, and sealing air/waterproof and storing in freezer amongst something soft like mixed veges and away from the door where ambient temperatures fluctuate. Almost all of my first order from MNS was lost from being too relaxed about it and storing seeds among clothes in a drawer. Just as well MNS seeds are such good value. See Nevil used to have about EUR50 on his seeds which is good value and that was fair time ago, inflation and all that shite, and here we are picking up ridiculous deals for often less than EUR20, regular seed we can pick our own lines and preferences from, sometimes i feel like I've died and gone to heaven !

2. Time is our greatest asset, without it we dead.... so get on with it, fear not, life is short even if you make it to 100 years of age, so Germinate LOTS more of smaller plants each Grow and pull 5 to 7 strains of similar genetics, like for example smashing out the whole rock n roll series all at once or all the G13's or all widow family and so on you geniuses get the jist of it.

3. And this one because I think it is essential to your health and wellbeing that you laugh today, possibly even rolling on the floor laughing out loud for real.... so here it goes..... once i had to fart but turns out it was a solid not a gas, that is the worse mistake !

#1 not marrying that one girl I went out with in high school, I will regret that til my dying day.
#2 not leaving California earlier in my life, I had no idea the freedoms I was missing.
#3 selling my 1969 Z28 Camaro, it would honestly be worth 250-300k now since it was full TransAm race spec with cross ram 4bbl DZ 302 and in absolutely flawless condition, Halibrand tranny (only one ever made), 4 wheel disc brakes, borg-warner super T10 trans, posi Dana 60 rear, way too much else to list. It was Mark Donohue's car.

Growing weed ? I have no regrets, not 1.
If I hadn't made mistakes I would not have learned....and lawd I've learned lots.
Any hope of building a new hot rod?

Back