Thoughts about JADAM?

BuzzardsBay

Korean Natural Farming?

Ive spent two days watching and reading everything I can on this. I just ordered the books.

My IPM for 2021 will be a combination of what I have learned from Big Sur and others On this site and JADAM.
Any thoughts on this? If this system of low cost agriculture works I could change the world. I’m heading out to collect some IMO (individual micro organisms) right now...

I'm getting into it as well... It will take +/- 1 year before I can start with it (making ONH takes up the 0.5 year f.i.) but I think KNF will be the way to go for me.

I watched this vid yesterday:

She's mentioning the orange book (foundations/basics of KNF/JADAM) and the green book (natural pesticides) that Master Cho's son wrote. They're sold out on their website (over here: JADAM ORGANIC) but I could still find both books on Amazon:

Orange book
Green book

Gonna order them with all the other stuff I still need to order for this season's outdoor grow.

One important tip she's giving and which she says is NOT mentioned in either the orange or green book -> Wear protective gear when making/applying these natural pesticides! She gives testimony that she made a certain pesticide, then some of it got on her skin and it burnt her. So we should make sure that we wear goggles, gloves, mouth masks etc. when getting into this.

Last edited:
This one is also interesting:

It's interesting that she and her team are implementing "100% KNF", other organic farming methods and a combination of different techniques on her farm to see which method would work best, based on objectively collected data instead of relying only on the subjective impression of the farmer. An approach I can relate to very well.

@MImedpatient is into this stuff as well

Chris Trump's videos are interesting to watch as well, his channel is over here
This guy from Hawaii, Logan Silsley, has some interesting stuff as well. I watched this session last week. I split it up in 3 x 1 hour sessions and took notes. It's good as an introduction imho so that, once we get the books, we're already familiar with the abbreviations (FPJ, ONH, FAA, LAB etc.)

Korean Natural Farming?

Ive spent two days watching and reading everything I can on this. I just ordered the books.

My IPM for 2021 will be a combination of what I have learned from Big Sur and others On this site and JADAM.
Any thoughts on this? If this system of low cost agriculture works I could change the world. I’m heading out to collect some IMO (individual micro organisms) right now...

JaDam is the progression of KNF into more cost effective, less sugar dependent processes. that being said, you silly man! you download the free PDF's 1st, and then if you feel that Mr Cho and his son deserve your money, then you buy the books.

I'm getting into it as well... It will take +/- 1 year before I can start with it (making ONH takes up the 0.5 year f.i.) but I think KNF will be the way to go for me.

I watched this vid yesterday:

She's mentioning the orange book (foundations/basics of KNF/JADAM) and the green book (natural pesticides) that Master Cho's son wrote. They're sold out on their website (over here: JADAM ORGANIC) but I could still find both books on Amazon:

Orange book
Green book

Gonna order them with all the other stuff I still need to order for this season's outdoor grow.

One important tip she's giving and which she says is NOT mentioned in either the orange or green book -> Wear protective gear when making/applying these natural pesticides! She gives testimony that she made a certain pesticide, then some of it got on her skin and it burnt her. So we should make sure that we wear goggles, gloves, mouth masks etc. when getting into this.
We are making acids, bases. and w/ the alcohol extractions, we are pulling out potentially harmful to us compounds. like w/ the cayenne pepper pesticide from the unconventional farmer website. like w/ tactical pepper spray, that shit is a chemical weapon. I wouldn't doubt that someone could make stuff that is caustic to the skin.

the instagram community for KNF/Jadam is pretty helpful. some of the people who were learning w/ me back in the early days of KNF experimentation like the_worlds_last_hope, now teach classes on this. companies sell the fertilizers and pesticides now.

like the fertilizer recipes I posted, are how I did the Unconventional farmer/KNF stuff for my 1st few batches.

I never made the entire OHN lineup. only garlic, ginger and cinnamon.

I never made fermented sea water, although I have a bag of Sea 90, and could make a very close approximation as someone surrounded by fresh water on 3 sides.

I think that buying and applying bokashi powder is silly, it is made so that you can start a dry culture bucket for fermenting meats, cheeses, and other non compostable items like bones so you can compost them, and not attract racoons, coyotes, rats and opossums to your compost pile. If you are gonna use bokashi bran as innoculant, just use LABS or EM1 if purchasing.

You DO NOT NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN FISH HYDROLYSATE. it is very stinky, and your neighbors will be mad at you. you can purchase any fish hydrolysate product and it is roughly the same thing. enzymatically digested fish juice. that being said, for those who live in rural areas, and often have to kill large amounts of pest mammals, like rats. maybe non poison traps, and a big ole bucket of fermenting rat bodies will tell the rats to keep out the barn. This year, we could be making Cicada ferments.

the fermented compost intrigued me, but I did not see the point when at the time, I had such a robust soil cycling set up going, I could just take handfuls of worm castings and use that as the base fertilizer w/ compost teas.

Think of KNF and Jadam as just more ways to compost and do DIY its not some magical crazy voodoo "makes the weed the dankest it can be" system like some people make it out to be. literally Mr. Cho was like "holy shit, my mom's vegetable garden where she dumps the old pickled vegetable juices is like, 8 times as fertilize as the rest of the garden. lets see if its cuz of the pickles." and he was right. and it does increase the quality of your cannabis harvests. especially if you were having difficulty perfecting organics.

It is a wonderful cost saving regiment to add to your garden. and some stuff, like well strained LABS, and the fruit and plant ferments, again well strained, can even be used in hydroponics, and in aquaponics. saving money = making money. saved money can be used to buy luxury goods, like wagyu beef. or upgrades to the farm, garden, or home.

Like I said in many of the posts talking about this, the more poor your soil, compost, or fertilizer regimen was before you start doing KNF or Jadam, the more of a benefit you will see. Some people, who have been growing organically since the 90's saw little additional increase to the fertility of their Cannabis or vegetable gardens or farms. others who were at it just as long, saw amazing increases. new growers see amazing results almost consistently enough to be able to suggest it instead of suggesting purchasing fertilizer.

Basically ALL THE LIVING THINGS ON EARTH LIKE PICKLING ENZYMES, AND ARE FRIENDS WITH THE PICKLING BACTERIA. BECASUE PICKLES ARE FUCKING WONDERFUL. SORRY FOR CAPS TYPING. BUT ITS THE TRUTH. IT MUST BE SHOUTED FROM THE ROOFTOPS!

I prefer to buy books directly as hard copy when I'm almost 100% sure I'll be using them in the coming years.
I've been checking a lot of different techniques lately and this is the one that speaks to me most.
It is simple in its elegance isn't it? like when all the guys started doing malted barley teas. I was like, "so instead of doing what my dad did and dump some beer straight on the tolerant plants, and diluted it down w/ water to feed the ones that would die to the undiluted beer. yoo do extra steps to be fancy. I like fancy, Ill do this instead"

and I can't find the 100 herbs but I have been lead to believe that it may not be helpful outside of southeast Asia as most of the herbs are local to there.

Remember, they are free because the Mr. Cho's(is that grammatically correct to refer to a father and son?) want it that way. those of us who can buy the books should.

Where can I read the PDFs? I’m curious how they make wetting agents. Do you know?
here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I watched the video on it. He mixes KOH with distilled water and adds canola oil. then using a drill and paint mixer attachment on a high rpm until it thickens, he then lets it sit for a few days to get to the consistency of butter. after that it is diluted and used.
It's a multi day process but probably cost effective for a medium to large sized operation.

JaDam is the progression of KNF into more cost effective, less sugar dependent processes. that being said, you silly man! you download the free PDF's 1st, and then if you feel that Mr Cho and his son deserve your money, then you buy the books.

We are making acids, bases. and w/ the alcohol extractions, we are pulling out potentially harmful to us compounds. like w/ the cayenne pepper pesticide from the unconventional farmer website. like w/ tactical pepper spray, that shit is a chemical weapon. I wouldn't doubt that someone could make stuff that is caustic to the skin.

the instagram community for KNF/Jadam is pretty helpful. some of the people who were learning w/ me back in the early days of KNF experimentation like the_worlds_last_hope, now teach classes on this. companies sell the fertilizers and pesticides now.

like the fertilizer recipes I posted, are how I did the Unconventional farmer/KNF stuff for my 1st few batches.

I never made the entire OHN lineup. only garlic, ginger and cinnamon.

I never made fermented sea water, although I have a bag of Sea 90, and could make a very close approximation as someone surrounded by fresh water on 3 sides.

I think that buying and applying bokashi powder is silly, it is made so that you can start a dry culture bucket for fermenting meats, cheeses, and other non compostable items like bones so you can compost them, and not attract racoons, coyotes, rats and opossums to your compost pile. If you are gonna use bokashi bran as innoculant, just use LABS or EM1 if purchasing.

You DO NOT NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN FISH HYDROLYSATE. it is very stinky, and your neighbors will be mad at you. you can purchase any fish hydrolysate product and it is roughly the same thing. enzymatically digested fish juice. that being said, for those who live in rural areas, and often have to kill large amounts of pest mammals, like rats. maybe non poison traps, and a big ole bucket of fermenting rat bodies will tell the rats to keep out the barn. This year, we could be making Cicada ferments.

the fermented compost intrigued me, but I did not see the point when at the time, I had such a robust soil cycling set up going, I could just take handfuls of worm castings and use that as the base fertilizer w/ compost teas.

Think of KNF and Jadam as just more ways to compost and do DIY its not some magical crazy voodoo "makes the weed the dankest it can be" system like some people make it out to be. literally Mr. Cho was like "holy shit, my mom's vegetable garden where she dumps the old pickled vegetable juices is like, 8 times as fertilize as the rest of the garden. lets see if its cuz of the pickles." and he was right. and it does increase the quality of your cannabis harvests. especially if you were having difficulty perfecting organics.

It is a wonderful cost saving regiment to add to your garden. and some stuff, like well strained LABS, and the fruit and plant ferments, again well strained, can even be used in hydroponics, and in aquaponics. saving money = making money. saved money can be used to buy luxury goods, like wagyu beef. or upgrades to the farm, garden, or home.

Like I said in many of the posts talking about this, the more poor your soil, compost, or fertilizer regimen was before you start doing KNF or Jadam, the more of a benefit you will see. Some people, who have been growing organically since the 90's saw little additional increase to the fertility of their Cannabis or vegetable gardens or farms. others who were at it just as long, saw amazing increases. new growers see amazing results almost consistently enough to be able to suggest it instead of suggesting purchasing fertilizer.

Basically ALL THE LIVING THINGS ON EARTH LIKE PICKLING ENZYMES, AND ARE FRIENDS WITH THE PICKLING BACTERIA. BECASUE PICKLES ARE FUCKING WONDERFUL. SORRY FOR CAPS TYPING. BUT ITS THE TRUTH. IT MUST BE SHOUTED FROM THE ROOFTOPS!
Excellent post, thank you

Bokashi fermentation is often done by people that have no garden to keep compost worms. Imho it is better to feed compostworms on a daily basis. I mean cleaner.
If you ever make pepperspray yourself: wear gloves, seriously.

View attachment 51622
people also use the bokashi bukcet to ferment meat to the point where it can be eaten directly by other soil dwelling decomposer organisms isntead of mammalian scavengers. probably its best feature. making us able to compost meat scraps.

ALSO, as a person who grows and processes reaper peppers, NEVER RUN CAPSAISCIN BEARING PEPPERS IN YHE DEHYDRATOR IN THE HOME. everything becomes coated in capsaicin oil, and the walls , the door knobs, even the COUCH will burn you.

Back