The Stones

What a dilemma indeed!

Give those seedplants away to a really really good buddy, binning those beautiful plants would be a tragedy.

Will they all be in RDWC? Really looking forward to seeing them next to the nev's as they go through flower. :)

One love

Those dead leaves lying around are an open invitation for a pest problem. I don't know if you are reusing your soil, but it looks like you might need to adjust your ph. Only trying to help.

the dead leaves laying around are from other older plants.
i dont reuse soil, its all new sunshine #4 advanced, or trying special blend on some of the latest ive planted.
i have been using the grow stores generic silate product on the flowering plants, but vegetative plants have been getting plain r.o. water most of the time, sometimes a weak solution of dynagrow but not too often. lately, ive been feeding the bigger plants with water right out of the bucket systems reservoir.

as for the nevils and stones, i planned on giving the same one month veg as i do everything else. ive never flowered a small clone before, could hardly imagine it turning into the big robust plant i am looking for, but i will know soon enough. maybe i will cut a week of the nevs veg time. i think some plants stretch less the more mature they are.

as for the nevils and stones, i planned on giving the same one month veg as i do everything else. ive never flowered a small clone before, could hardly imagine it turning into the big robust plant i am looking for, but i will know soon enough. maybe i will cut a week of the nevs veg time. i think some plants stretch less the more mature they are.

The Nevs will keep growing for quite a while even under 12/12. Don't veg them too long or they'll be massive :eek:.

i plan to keep them pruned up to just the top, then let them branch after they start flowering. maybe i will have to keep pruning till a couple weeks in? i guess we will see how it goes.

the stones look much more indica from the leaves, dont think they will give me too much trouble. i put it in my other thread here, http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/14-indoor/6971-hairy-bucket.html, that i have decided to skip the test phase of the grow for the nevs, the stones, and the g13. ill put them in the buckets before testing clones. actually, ill still have the test clones running too. that batch will be used for seeds and selection of the strain we are running.

the dead leaves laying around are from other older plants.
i dont reuse soil, its all new sunshine #4 advanced, or trying special blend on some of the latest ive planted.
i have been using the grow stores generic silate product on the flowering plants, but vegetative plants have been getting plain r.o. water most of the time, sometimes a weak solution of dynagrow but not too often. lately, ive been feeding the bigger plants with water right out of the bucket systems reservoir.

Good point about small plants JackHairy. Some Cannabis plants are funny though, they seem to stretch to a certian height no matter how small they are when you pop them. Just as long as they have substantial root mass to absorb nutes during transisition to build a good "bud skeleton" to hold many flowers.

I gave one guy cuttings in early May to go outdoors last year. I gave another guy cuts 45 days later, around June 15. The plants that were put out in May were not much bigger, and did NOT yield much more than the other outdoor patch with identical genetics placed in the ground 45 days sooner.

IMHO most Cannabis has a "Napoleon complex."

KB 8)_~

yeah, im hoping the nevils wont get too out of control.

i dont think the stones should pose as much of a problem.

just need to build a small room and there will be some flowering.

i got cuts of nevs 5 and stones 5 taken finally, and im not sure if i should be upset or excited, but it looks like nev 5 will be male. that is an oddball looking plant for sure.
very small, not hazey looking. maybe it will be a faster flowering nl5 heavy pheno

here is a clone run that has some stones in there. they are on the left side of the middle, with a row of nevilles haze next to them.
ill get some closer shots of them individually soon.

10-7-11weedpics166.jpg

Last edited:
ok, time to update a little.

there is one of each 5 stones vegging for two weeks in hydroton. im not sure if i should give them a full 30 days veg or to move them along sooner. ill decide that soon enough.

im surprised i didnt notice this earlier, but the taller original seedplants were labeled early on based on height. now as i look at the plants, 1-3 have multibladed leaves while 4 and 5 have mainly 5 bladed leaves.
im thinking that the multibladed plants will be more ac and the 5 bladed ones will be on the masterkush/skunk side.

11-3-11weedpics161.jpg

11-3-11weedpics156.jpg

i have decided to give the stones 1 week more than the nevils haze, and some g13's will join them in another week after that.

as long as all these stones can go at least 81 days everything should run smoothly. i wont be able to give any stones plain water until the g13's are out of the way. id love to get a quick pheno that only needs 9 weeks, but this round im hoping they can go 12.

stones 1

11-11-11weedpics074.jpg

stones 2

11-11-11weedpics075.jpg

stones 3

11-11-11weedpics076.jpg

stones 4

11-11-11weedpics078.jpg

stones 5

11-11-11weedpics077.jpg

i have decided its time to start developing their tops. im going to top them as soon as there are 4 tips below the top. then i will let each of those branches get 3 lower tips before i top them. this will leave me with 12 branches/bud sites, and we'll see what they do from there. i usually do 2 on the branches for a total of 8.

ill leave you with this last pic of stones #5, its even bigger now.

11-11-11weedpics002.jpg

. . .
im surprised i didnt notice this earlier, but the taller original seedplants were labeled early on based on height. now as i look at the plants, 1-3 have multibladed leaves while 4 and 5 have mainly 5 bladed leaves.
im thinking that the multibladed plants will be more ac and the 5 bladed ones will be on the masterkush/skunk side.

EXCELLENT pheno observation Jack!

Looks right on to me.

You got some pollen to play with on those beauties?
I am collecting MKxSk pollen right now.

This plant from your post looks very much like a hybrid pheno MkxSk:
11-11-11weedpics002.jpg

There is a hint of Haze AC to be seen in the rounded serrations.

i do have some nh pollen, but i wouldnt expect anything too special from trying that.
i will hopefully have some ac pollen in the near future, but not in time for these girls.
i will try to gather up 1 of each and flower them in dirt if i have to, in order to backcross them to the ac.
and ill try straight NH x AC.
and g13 x AC
and og x AC

I do have some white russian x blueberry pollen ready and will have some black afghan pollen (afghan shadow king x black rose) in a week or two.

i think those two might be a better shot than to breed back to any haze strain, but we'll see.

The Stones went into flowering on 11-15-11
they shot up a bit over the week or so and were getting too close to the light.
some of the newer leaves were getting a bit distorted. now that they are in the flowering room they are recovering quickly. many of the stones are bigger than the NH so far.

the black afghans are dropping pollen already.
and the g13's will go to flower tomorrow. ill post some pics then

Hey Jack,

I hope you got your camera ready to go bud, gonna be a hell of a show! I can see on your test clone the Haze AC shining through in the resin. "NICE"...

IBF

here is stones 1

11-29-11weedpics011.jpg

11-29-11weedpics012.jpg

here is stones 2

11-29-11weedpics013.jpg

11-29-11weedpics014.jpg

here is stones 3

11-29-11weedpics015.jpg

11-29-11weedpics016.jpg

here is stones 4

11-29-11weedpics017.jpg

11-29-11weedpics018.jpg

here is stones 5

11-29-11weedpics019.jpg

11-29-11weedpics020.jpg

they were put in 12/12 on 11-15, these are two weeks into flowering.
looks like the stretch has subsided, just in time...

Last edited:
Looking good.

Is that a clear top or something?

im guessing you are talking about the plastic?
its regular black/white plastic.
some of the reflection might make it look strange.

i hope in future batches to keep them a little shorter and not so close to the top, but they do seem to do pretty well like that even, so we will have to see how they turn out.
The Stones got 24 days of veg. maybe i will try 20 next time.

Back