The Stones

i started up just 5 to begin, as i get others organized.
5 for 5 on the germination.

I plan to make some crosses using the males, so whatever comes up will be put to use.

i am going to let the seedplants just be mothers, and flower groups of clones as testers. then as i make selections, im sure i will run some of these in a 5 gallon hydro bucket setup with vertical 1kws.

Hey Mr Hairy
This one should be good - kush and haze?
Hope you have space and lots of stakes...
:)
Ras

Hey Mr Hairy
This one should be good - kush and haze?
Hope you have space and lots of stakes...
:)
Ras

Intrigued by the genetic possibilities there ... 50% haze in total cross. Looking forward to see how it goes; I've got a batch of Kaze going right now and the haze expression already looks pretty strong in these ...

best,
rabbit

Pictures013.jpg

Pictures233.jpg

Lookin GREAT Jack.
I can't even imagine what kind of smells these babies are gonna make.
My MKxSk are starting to smell and I can't get it out of my head :)

All the best.
Cptn

how old are yours?

these obviously will take a little bit before i get any smells

those are nevilles haze just to the right, they started slower but have taken the lead.

3 weeks old on Monday.
I think I unleashed the smell when I trimmed some damaged leaves this morning.
The smell doesn't fill the room now like it did after that :-(

how old are yours?

these obviously will take a little bit before i get any smells

those are nevilles haze just to the right, they started slower but have taken the lead.

Wow, Nev's . . .
Reading the "Nev's Haze x Everything" thread on ICmag.
Makes me wish I had a Nev's male or some pollen for these MK's
Of course, buying the Stones, you let Shanti do all the hard work of selection for us.
I wonder how much skunk pheno made it into the momma?

Hey jack hairy,

Finally made it to this side of the forums and was pretty surprised to see the Rock n Roll series were undocumented EXCEPT for your grow. Thanks for doing the work broski!.

Subscribed,
KB 8)_~

so i went back and checked, these seeds were put into cups of water on 7-12
they didnt take too long to sprout, a couple of days for the stones, a few of the nevs took a little more time/effort to coax them along.

this is going to start off as a pretty narrow view of the strains with only 5, but i figured almost any 1 should be worthwhile. just wanted to get a decent example of them to use while i search through the rest.

now the stones are to the right of the nevilles haze, im getting a hydro setup going, they are just sitting on the buckets temporarily.

tonyweedpics8-22085.jpg

from the opposite side, these are the biggest ones, stones on the left nevs on the right.

tonyweedpics8-22087.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22095.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22096.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22097.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22098.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22099.jpg

they are under constant light, 24 hours a day. always done it that way, never had a problem. plants show sex on their own before its time to flower.

im glad i did these two at the same time, nevilles and stones, because really the only thing the stones has that nevilles doesnt is masterkush and skunk. so its nice to see the influence they have compared to nevilles. the stones arent branching yet, where as i could get four off the biggest nev and two off the second biggest. they seem fairly uniform too, they look like really nice plants. i fed them something a little too early, and a leaf here and there got a kink in it or curl, but for the most part everything is good.
the stones on the otherhand was not affected, they dont seem as sensitive.

ill get some new pics up over the next few days, but i just wanted to mention,
it looks like it might be 5 females, at least 4 but the last one leaning is towards female.

i was kinda hoping for a male, but i have a lot of other crosses i want to make so maybe its a good thing, for now...

yeah elmer, ive been stoping by those two threads too, it is some good timing.

hopefully ill be able to get clones off these soon, then i will flower a couple as soon as they root. the nevilles on the other hand i should go pull clones now.

tonyweedpics8-22213.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22207.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22212.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22208.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22214.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22209.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22215.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22210.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22216.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22211.jpg

i havent started a nevilles thread yet, but the smallest nev looks kinda interesting. i was wondering if anyone knows much about this. im not sure if its just because it is small still, and it will grow out of it, or if it will stay. the serrations on the leaves seem rounded, instead of having points. maybe it is a sign of one of the three strains in it, nl5, a or c.

tonyweedpics8-22219.jpg

tonyweedpics8-22221.jpg

Nice observation JH!

The Stones leaves to me resemble my Master Kush. Everytime I see the Stones pix those dark, shiny, sharply serrated master leaves really stand out.

The Nev's is 25% NL. But the NL leaf I'am accustomed to is heavily serrated like the master but thinner and a shade or two lighter than the Master. That leaf with almost NO points is probably one of those Haze ancestors traits. You might have a real winner there!

Does that plant use less nutes? Is it flowering/showing sex slower? Does it smell like sweaty leather and sour mint when you rub the stem?

Now I'm hooked JH! Please keep this one going brother. Thanks in advance.

Good Bud,
KB 8)_~

been out of town, going to see things later

unless i mixed them up, which im pretty sure i didnt, this one was the 4th seed to pop open. its taproot curled around the seed a little and didnt do much more. i know i have a pic of it if i didnt put it up earlier. i was worried about it pulling through, and i planted it about the same time i pulled the last one open.
if i did mix them up, then it is the one i had to pull open.
either way, its one of the two slower to germ ones, maybe just chance though.

that plant is too small to clone yet, still doesnt show sex.(last time i saw it)
maybe it will today.

i havent fed them much yet, 400 ppms once or twice, and i think it was a little to much to fast, but only one nevs showed a dislike for it, and it was the biggest one. the stones on the other hand didnt seem affected.

Looking good Jack!

Thanks for the update and pix brother!

Funny how few nutes the older headier genetics require.

How's your pH? Keeping that pen calibrated?

Keep Up The Good Work,
KB 8)_~

they have been getting ro water, so i thought i wouldnt have to worry. but it seems the ph is a little low, so i bought some solution and recalibrated it for ph and ppms. the ph calibration was was a bit lower than it should have been, easily corrected, but the ppm solution threw me off a little. the bottle i got said 1000ppms, and my meter said 1520 or so. it says 1450 of "442"on the bottle also. so at first i put it at 1000 and was surprised how much i had to correct. i didnt change my food recipe though, just mixed it as usual. so it didnt cause any problems. i later went back and set it to the 1450, so it was only reading 70 high before messing with it. did i do the right thing with it, its a hanna 3182 i think, 3 in one meter.

other than that, i havent checked any runoff yet, as they havent really been getting much. it seems as though i will need to raise the ph eventually once i add more food, but i dont like using ph up. is there any organic up, besides earth juice crystals, because i didnt like them either. it raises the ppms up a ton as it raises the ph, so you end up putting less food in to make the mix. hopefully a silicone supplement will bring the ph to where i need it without anything else.

i know its been a little slow around here, if i had somewhere to flower the seedplants they would be in flowering already. instead, im just going to pull another set of cuts off them and bin them. then i can replace those mothers with fresh small cuts and get a little more organized.

it still appears that all 5 of the stones are female, labeled 1-5 with 1 being the biggest and 5 the smallest.
so far its 2 females (1,4) and 2 males(2,3) for the nevs. nev #5 still hasnt shown yet.
and i havent taken cuts off either stones #5 or nev #5 yet, but i probably can by now.

i do have quite a few rooted nevils and stones now, should plant them asap. but other than replacing mothers, i dont know what im going to do with all of them. what a dilema.
im pretty sure i will throw a couple of extra clones into flowering. ill keep the progress on those coming.

Back