The International Cannabis Sativa Society

Hi, I watch subcool vids and it ms hard work making seed ,keeping workers in smoke plus investment in set up if your serious .if the seeds ate good I don't nind paying 10 $ a seed so the breeder can invest this cash for more projects but not rolexes and speed boats ,sensi would have cleaned up in early 90s but I bet they struggle now to match there sales of past fame .there must be 200 seed sellers competing against each other ,is rather grow top qaulity meds for my food on the table and rolexs .keep on smoking.

Hi, I watch subcool vids and it ms hard work making seed ,keeping workers in smoke plus investment in set up if your serious .if the seeds ate good I don't nind paying 10 $ a seed so the breeder can invest this cash for more projects but not rolexes and speed boats ,sensi would have cleaned up in early 90s but I bet they struggle now to match there sales of past fame .there must be 200 seed sellers competing against each other ,is rather grow top qaulity meds for my food on the table and rolexs .keep on smoking.

It really shouldn't take a whole lot of space to keep quite a selection of mothers. but it might take some skillz. ;)

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-s...ng-non-breeder-beginner-pro-little-space.html

That's a problem? :confused:

For some reason, I don't see having seeds being more affordable as a problem. I personally don't understand why prices are so damn high to begin with. Some will say, time, effort, security all needs to be compensated for and I totally agree, BUT... One well grown seed plant has the potential to yield tens of thousands of seeds so why not make tens of thousands of seeds and sell 'em at more affordable prices?

MNS and Nirvana have some of the cheapest seeds out there and there is an obvious difference in quality of product but this is mostly due to "hacked" lines, IMO.

Also, in marketing, and I mean marketing anything... The middle man is the guy that gets paid so why not eliminate that guy... (the main reason I buy directly from the breeder whenever possible). ;)

MNS prices haven't changed since '98, despite the effects of inflation.

I'm not really saying its a problem if they lower the price of seeds to normal veggie seed prices but a lot of the small time pollen chuckers won't make a whole lot of money so and they'll go bankrupt. but I doubt shantibaba, sensi, serious, etc. will go out of buisness. but most all the pollen chuckers are in it for the money.

Pollen chuckers that sell their seed are a devious group.
Pollen chucking takes zero selection, zero skills, so like making Fem seeds, it's easy peasy. :/

I'm a pollen chucker and I make thousands of seeds but they're not for sale. I'll give away almost all of them, though not here! :D :D

Hi GM1

Off the top of my head I can think of Caribe from Cannabiogen and The Jamaican (Jamaican Me Crazy?) from Cali Connection. Caveat Emptor on anything from C/C though.;)

Hope this helps. :)

thats a hard one to answer GM1. Research and gathering all information on what originals where used for the new strain naming game, Or a few good post around the site can lead you to some one who has old equatorial variety knowledge. But stay away from feminized seeds. like this thread states where this can lead!:cool:

Much thanks for the helpful replies guys. "Jamaican Me Crazy" made me laugh. Catchy name eh lol

And yeah spiritualyEnhanced, I won't be growing any fems again as I believe that real growers who know better use regs. I don't wanna play no part in pissing in the gene pool (although fems are good for newbies and/or med users) :)

The International Cannabis Sativa Society????

Is this all over?
The International Cannabis Sativa Society????
What happened to JessE?

Hempster

Hi.

Just to add that I've taken over his daily duties here and he is away currently. Upon his return he will continue to work with MNS in other capacities.

Any further questions should be addressed directly to Shantibaba via PM.

Looking forward to positive contributions from all members. Thanks for your attention.

Hi.

Just to add that I've taken over his daily duties here and he is away currently. Upon his return he will continue to work with MNS in other capacities.

Any further questions should be addressed directly to Shantibaba via PM.

Looking forward to positive contributions from all members. Thanks for your attention.

So he did get sick of being a moderator? You have any idea what he will be doing when he gets back?

Any way what ever happened too Sam and Clarke pattenting lines for GW? I just posted videos of Clarke about a week ago said all they really did is get a strain high in THC and one high in CBD. Just haven't heard anything new about this or even a legit list of patents from GW I guess I could Google it their must be something showing their patents.

Hi all,
As Shanti had mentioned, a union of seed producers, seed sellers, resellers etc. is a necessary step in acquiring, as Ive said before, a voice loud enough to be heard.
One of many of my concerns, is the prominence of the Feminized Seed industry. Chiefly, the spreading of inter-sexed plants far and wide, which is posing a great threat to the genetic pool at large. For the last five to six years, the popularity of the Feminized Seed trend has grown tremendously. Imagine on any given day, how many orders for feminized seed have went through the mailboxes of Gypsy Nirvana? Dr. Chronic? These lines destined for the grow rooms of growers just like ourselves, all over the world. Lines which are well known to show intersexed traits, pollinate their siblings, and ultimately make its way to other growers who find the seed, perhaps even cherish it, and further perpetuate the cycle. Which is what I refer to as the bouncing effect, of how just once purchase of feminized seed could potentially enter the hands on many based off simple marijuana economics alone. Mulitply that by the thousands, tens of thousands of orders filled a year. From multiple companies? For over a decade? With the last few years, having the propaganda campaign really step up in marketing? I think the saturation of the worlds cannabis gene pool as already begun, with varieties which show inter-sexual proneness, and are exactly the opposite of what should be used in anything remotely resembling a responsible breeding program. Even on the most minute of scales, the use of intersexed/hermaphroditic varieties should not be something any of us condone.

Unfortunately, many of those who would be essential in accepting this fundamental ideology, are very happy to continue riding the economic wave the feminized seed trend has created. Some varieties, long available in common form, are no longer available in anything but the feminized form now. There are companies who cater only to the feminized crowd, and the prices are almost always more than that of the commonly bred counter part(s). An interestingly phenomena, when one considers there are many of us out there who would not allow a feminized variety into their grow rooms period. Yet others, are more than willing to pay extra-ordinary prices for seed which could very well ruin their sensi -dreams. People are so willing to pay the extra money, because they believe they are acquiring an all female product. With no male plants to weed through. On the surface, a wonderful marketing concept. But when one knows the prone ness of these lines to show intersexual/hermaphroditic tendencies, they start to appear anything but the best candidates for the job at hand. Going back to the "old school days" of selecting a fine mother plant, from great breeding stock, and propagating her a-sexually ad infinity starts to seem like a much better idea...

Only if the current trend continues, few will be offering a non feminized product. And all that will be available are plants which may or may not herm on you the first season, but their resulting off spring may later down the line. Thus, you will be reliant on those small handful of seed companies to acquire your seed year after year. Because you're dealing with plants that not only suffer from poor "breeding" techniques, that are inter-sexually prone, but which are also opening the door for inbreeding depression and genetic bottle necking down the line.

Many of the plants today that all of the consumers are after, are in fact Skunk #1, Northern Lights, Haze, White Widow, Hindu Kush etc. hybrids. That is, there are a very small handful of foundational building blocks in the cannabis industry that nearly all varieties are based off of in one form or another. If these varieties are only found in feminized form, as the trend we see today has already moved towards, growers will be forced to return to a small handful to acquire their needs season after season.

Irresponsible breeding practices should not be something anyone condones, and I would like to see a shift in the industry away from this practice and start to move towards a more responsible role in assuring the genetic fields of tomorrow. But the damage has already been done, and it will only continue to grow as the popularity of feminized seed moves forward and more and more of these varieties are perpetuated in clone form in mass to the medical dispensaries of the world, which in turn make their way to many growers, both medicinal and recreational users, and the problem only perpetuates further.

What do you think of Shantis new CBDCREW CBD Rich seeds? 9 of the 10 varieties are Fem, all female, one is not. Should we only buy the non-fem variety and not touch the others?
If fem is so bad why is CBDCREW making mostly fem seeds? Will use of them help destroy the genepool?
I am all mixed up and do not know what to think or do.
If you are a medical patient that does not want to use all female seed the CBDCREW did not give many choices.

Hempster

What do you think of Shantis new CBDCREW CBD Rich seeds? 9 of the 10 varieties are Fem, all female, one is not. Should we only buy the non-fem variety and not touch the others?
If fem is so bad why is CBDCREW making mostly fem seeds? Will use of them help destroy the genepool?
I am all mixed up and do not know what to think or do.
If you are a medical patient that does not want to use all female seed the CBDCREW did not give many choices.

Hempster
Use aint so much the problem it's more breeding with them that can harm the gene pool if just growing it not to bad, but you are promoting them producing fems if it wasn't for people buying fems we would still have access to regular Sensi Star seeds etc. etc.. would be better to only buy the regs then all of CBD Crew would focus on regular seed breeding they probably do have some being worked bu like Shanti said it takes 3 months to make fems and 2 years for regular if things go according to plan.

Yeah they are worse then I thought it's not strains but they cover about every medical use. Like I thought big pharma is taking over all the mom and pop medical producers.

List Of Cannabis Patents By GW Pharmaceuticals | GREENBRIDGE MEDICAL SERVICES, INC 310-393-0640

It's fucked cancer and epilepsy etc. extracts every damn thing they got most every angle covered even cannabis gum back to the outlaw days for medical growers.

Well, you have the patent for “Cannabinoids as Antioxidants and Nueroprotectants (US Patent # 6,630,507 B1) assigned to The United States of America as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services.

And Dr. Guy was able to convince the British government to allow for growing and research on the compounds in the plant. GW (or Dr. Guy) will try to tie up as many applications, formulations, manufacturing processes, and delivery systems as possible.

Unfortunately because of the political situation and prohibition in the States, research here is difficult and almost nil.

Well, you have the patent for “Cannabinoids as Antioxidants and Nueroprotectants (US Patent # 6,630,507 B1) assigned to The United States of America as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services.

And Dr. Guy was able to convince the British government to allow for growing and research on the compounds in the plant. GW (or Dr. Guy) will try to tie up as many applications, formulations, manufacturing processes, and delivery systems as possible.

Unfortunately because of the political situation and prohibition in the States, research here is difficult and almost nil.
That's the problem they reschedule cannabis in the USA everyone in the medical industry it looks will be violating patent laws. Each patent is pages long covering every angle. At least decriminalization is still a chance but medical is going to big pharma as soon as it is rescheduled got to hate big government so much for freedom.

Back