The Hempy Bucket

Ive seen a grow where the guy didnt use hydro nutes with the hempy bucket, and while he had some success the plants looked to suffer in a few different departments. So I recommend ordering some hydronutrients with this method, I use GH flora 3 part series personally.

I have absolutely no problems with the hempy buckets, airstone or not. The drainage hose is however an improvement imho. And hempy, thanks for your advise and sharing your knowledge. No one mocks over such a brilliant invention you made. A drawing added for explaining the hose.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,293
Last edited:
Hi all,

I read in hempys Af/Haze thread he's using Canna nutes(hydro).

When bits get added on it is no longer a hempy bucket,but its up to all who try,to do things to it ,it's human nature.

But then it is not the simple system it was intended to be,which is used by hempy,it has been explained very well,results speak for themselves.

Grower error would be most likley,as said in nutes given maybe?Is the drainage hole the correct size,were the plants a proven good strain grown many times before?

Not much info to go on just yet though.

peace all.

Great Idea Hempy!
I am going with ionic nutes, SSH, Big Buddah Cheese, and Danny Boy.
I will keep everyone posted. I transplanted from an aero system so I hope I dont run into any shock.
thanks,
Arpege

. The thing is I have not seen much about what nutes to use other than from ol Jesse, who always adds he uses gh 3 part.

This marks the first time in my life ive had my name used with "ol" in front of it haha.
This system is as easy as it gets imo guys, and hempys instructions are absolutely 100% clear and concise. Its all there in the description, with nothing left out. If you're plants are dieing in this system, you have either skipped over hempys instructions or have other problems in your grow area. Ive never experienced any problems with this system and is infact the only system I feel comfortable using due to its simplicity.

Again, if you're having problems with this system go back over hempys instructions and see what you may have missed. If that doesnt help, post a detailed account of how you put the buckets together and the truthful conditions of your grow room and we will see if we can narrow down where the problem lies. Its a good idea to keep your area sterile, as clean as possible. Make sure you feed the plants on a regular basis, I feed my hempy buckets everyday until there is a run off through the drain hole. Make sure your drain hole is big enough where perlite and vermiculite dont clog it up. Ofcourse you have to have air movement, ie intake and exhaust and keep a healthy temperature maintained in the grow area at all times.

Hempy doesnt bullshit any of you when he says hes refined this method over the last 20 years or so. I follow his instructions to the T, and have experienced no problems with this method to date. I dont really expect any problems in the future either as its so easy even a cave man can do it.

Peace all.

Don't get me wrong hempy, I'm not pissing at your buckets, I thank you for your help and the brilliant invention. The hose is beneficial for me, since I can water in my microcabs, without taking the plants out, that's a great improvement for my situation.

transplant update

three days in the bucket from an aero setup.. Plants are still in shock. They aren't standing as tall as they were before the move but it looks like they are starting to get used to their new digs.
I will post a few pics soon.

I absolutely agree with you on that^^^^

Even worse is when you're being told to stick to established methods, when trying sth. new, but then, later, you see those ppl applying said methods, you were fine tuning despite their disapproval, like they have always been their intellectual property.

I understand you hempy.

Everyone has perked up today. I am going to feed 3/4 strength and see what happens. I need to figure a way to work with runoff but otherwise I am loving this method. Now.. what to do with all this equipment! hehe

no problems mon!

Hi all,
Brother Hempy,JessE,Red,COS...

:D
Ol JessE...yuk yuk yuk.... :D
{whipper snapper more like it}
I wish I had your age and my experience...

Hempy Bucket Rocks man...and its SOOOOO easy that even a Caveman could use it...
g13ww_xmas_harvest_1.JPG
[/IMG]

Take a bucket,drill a small drain hole in the side of it about 2 inches from bottom,Fill bucket with horticulture grade peralite,
Ya cant over water it ,cause the Peralite dont absorb water,and excess will drain down to the hole height from bottom...
Excess Water Runoff? Hmmm well dont water so much, DUH! :confused:
Plants getting too much fertilizer/nutrients?...well duh! cut your mix ratios in half...until the plants perk up...
Alittle COMMON SENSE goes a long way,esp when dealing with a weed like Marijuana.

This was for the benefit of all who are confused with this simple,fantastic little planter... It easy mon!
dont make it difficult ....

I think my problem, was the nutrients I was using.
I was using foxfarm nutes, which came with two sets of instructions, one for soil, and one for hydro.

When I followed the hydro instructions, I killed em right away.
When I followed the soil instructions, I got a couple weeks further into the grow, than they died.

I guess I need to change nutes.
Thanks for all your help hempy!!!
If you think I've misdiagnosed the problem, please say so.
Thanks again.
Peace

I think you misdiagnosed the problem personally video. Foxfarm should have worked fine imo. How is the grow area in terms of cleanliness? Try bleaching and whiping down the entire area. Do you have intake and exhaust for the removal of stagnant air and fresh air to be brought in? What about the temperature of the grow area? How did you mix your perlite and vermiculite up? Where is your drain hole placed and is it the size in circumfrence as say a pencil(the size that it should be roughly). How often did you feed them? What was the source of the genetics you were using? Were they original given to you in clone form for example? What type of water are you using? Theres room for alot of things to go wrong if conditions arent suitable. Get back to us.

Last edited:
foxfarm

hey video,
if useing peralite as a medium
stick with Hydro type nutrients,as this is a passive hydroponics system,
non recovery ,drain to waste... the mix ratios are exactly the same for both of foxfarm 3 part nutrients...but those are based on Tomato plants...
try useing FoxFarm Hydro Organic three part mixed at 50% of the recommended label amount. {Grow Big,Tiger Bloom,BigBloom}
buy a much larger size of BigBloom as you will use about 2 to 4 times as much of the other two nutrients.
also something you might consider is useing Canna Nutrients ,as they are very excellent for cannabis...just look at Hempy's grow ...rocking success for sure.

Soil/Dirt is not a good choice for Hempy Bucket
Not enough Drainage and will form root rot...
Follow Hempys Instructions,use His recommended nutrients...Pay attention to what you are doing,Keep a water cycle record,
Keep It Simple
and you will be successful
Do Not follow uninformed advice,and if at all possible
Buy a Book and read it.
this will be to most informative thing you could do
I can recommend Jorge Cervantes...all of his books.
Robert C. Clark
Marijuana Botany for more advanced information ...by all means
Read the availble information located right here... http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/media_articles.php

now your cooking ...

peace

JessE & Scorpion, thanks so much for your replys.
I love growing pot, I do not grow for profit, just personal use.
Growing pot and having a vegetable garden are my hobbies.

So far as my grow room, it's setup nicely, kept clean, and
moves about 750cfm. I do periodically clean the room with bleach.

Temps are kept at about 77 when not using co2. The hole is pencil sized.
The bucket is about a 3 gallon size.

My first attempt I used a femenized mazar, when it died, I used a lowrider, in case it died, I wouldnt care so much. (the lowriders were freebies)
Both were grown from seed.

I will re-check my ph again, but its been usually about 6.3, its well water.
Peace

hempy bucket

hi hempy i am a total noob when it comes to growing but this way of growing
with the hempy buckets sounds good so i am defos going to give it a try..bongtime:D

Looks like you're about to have some fun Scorp.

Here is a couple of my hempy buckets.

Sensi Star on the left, boy is she a stinker! Very squat for age I might add, shes deceptively older then she looks. And the more Indica G13sk.

Star_and_G13.jpg

Sensi Star again
Sensi_Star.jpg

Last edited:
Back