The Hempy Bucket

Hey weezy do you have a diary for that grow im currently setting something up very close to what u describe only difference is im using 3 gal hb and 1200w hps first time hempy so would be nice to read thx

Hey i dont no if i should post this in here but here goes ive just transplanted my plants from solo cups to 3 gal buckets and i checked the run off today and my e.c is 0.8 and my ph is 7.1 when i put fresh feed through it is set at 1.4 e.c 5.8 ph they are only in week 2 of veg and look nice and healthy with slight begining of tip burn they are exodus cheese and bb cheese i dont want to up the e.c yet as its early veg and 1.4 is as high as i have been at this stage and also when you mix your neuts do you + or - your base water e.t.c if you want an ec of 12 and your water ec is 0.4 do you mix at 1.6 or just mix to 1.2 inc water ive always done the later but im getting conflicting info

Hey i dont no if i should post this in here but here goes ive just transplanted my plants from solo cups to 3 gal buckets and i checked the run off today and my e.c is 0.8 and my ph is 7.1 when i put fresh feed through it is set at 1.4 e.c 5.8 ph they are only in week 2 of veg and look nice and healthy with slight begining of tip burn they are exodus cheese and bb cheese i dont want to up the e.c yet as its early veg and 1.4 is as high as i have been at this stage and also when you mix your neuts do you + or - your base water e.t.c if you want an ec of 12 and your water ec is 0.4 do you mix at 1.6 or just mix to 1.2 inc water ive always done the later but im getting conflicting info

your runoff ph and ec will be different due to the roots/plant eating up the nutes in the rez/water

what you want to know is what are they half way inbetween watering, so long as you are watering every day or 2 and not letting the water in the rez change drastically for extended periods before the new proper reading water is once again added

passive hydro is great, but far too much work for an old guy like me, i water 200 plants at a time by hand and would hate to have to do so every day

Thx for the reply i think ive solved it when i flushed the perlite to remove dust i used tap water that sits at 7.5ph and obv diluted what i was putting in there lol gave them a flush with fresh solution and alls well e.c and ph within range now also do people add there base e.c to there final e.c or include it ive always included it but a friend and long time grower says i should add it

Addit up

As long as your water has an EC below say 300 you should be ok .
The total number of the EC after adding nutes is what the plant drinks . So total EC is what you need to monitor .

In coco keep the PH below 6 and above 5.5 and all will be well .

Thanx for the reply mary i am growing in perlite this run will be useing coco next time my base e.c is 6 straight from the tap and at the min im feeding at 1.4 @ 5.8ph run of is 1.2@ 6.2ph at the end of waste from feed . i can see what hes saying that if the total is 1.4 then they are only getting 0.8 actual feed ive always included base e.c confused .com lol so im i right in thinking i should add base e.c to the 1.4 and feed them 1.8 they are only 6" tall topped 3 days ago seems a bit much tho lol think i need a r/o unit

Hey GM I really enjoyed doing hempy buckets, maybe next run I'll do half hb again. Do you switch h rooms or just the ballast and bulb when you upgrade to the 400? Have you ever tried the 400 the entire flower? I think I remember you have before. I would assume yield would increase. I know my hb yielded really well I had I think 9 plants or so in 2 gal hb they were under 1200 watts and I pulled around 2 lbs.
Hi mate I got two "rooms". 250w in one and 400w in the other. The plants spend the most part in veg under 250w and for the 1st week 12/12. Then after a few more days they go in the 400w room which has more space than the 250w.

I don't really think yield would increase much coz they go under 400w just as they start showing pistils. I'm looking to get around an elbow under this 400w. Here they are at day 41 12/12 and standing over 5ft tall...
day_41_flr.jpg

day_41_flr_b.jpg

day_41_flr_a.jpg

Hi mate I got two "rooms". 250w in one and 400w in the other. The plants spend the most part in veg under 250w and for the 1st week 12/12. Then after a few more days they go in the 400w room which has more space than the 250w.

I don't really think yield would increase much coz they go under 400w just as they start showing pistils. I'm looking to get around an elbow under this 400w. Here they are at day 41 12/12 and standing over 5ft tall...
day_41_flr.jpg

day_41_flr_b.jpg

day_41_flr_a.jpg

those are some nice plants you got there..... what size bucket you got them in? I'm using 7.8 litre

those are some nice plants you got there..... what size bucket you got them in? I'm using 7.8 litre
Hi mate they're 10litre buckets. I call them Hempy replicas coz that's what the man himself uses.

I got mine free from a friendly kebab shop. I told them my aunty wants to grow exotic tomatoes in them ;)

Hi mate they're 10litre buckets. I call them Hempy replicas coz that's what the man himself uses.

I got mine free from a friendly kebab shop. I told them my aunty wants to grow exotic tomatoes in them ;)

lol exotic tomatoes , I'll have to remember that one;) i was a bit worried my buckets weren't gonna be big enuff but reckon i should be alright after hearing your in 10 litre one's...mine are bout 3/4 weeks veg from rooted cuts so will be going 12/12 soon i got 2 frisian dew and 1 trifle the lil one is a seed start of bubblegummer

Attachments

• IMG_20140527_084740.jpg
    IMG_20140527_084740.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20140527_084722.jpg
    IMG_20140527_084722.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20140527_084651.jpg
    IMG_20140527_084651.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nice looking plants baby bud :)

7.8 litre buckets should be fine. Anything over a gallon (or 5 litres) is great for Hempy's grow method. Do you top/lst aswell?

GM1

Nice looking plants baby bud :)

7.8 litre buckets should be fine. Anything over a gallon (or 5 litres) is great for Hempy's grow method. Do you top/lst aswell?

GM1

thx ganjaman1 ...I've topped them all at least twice , will do some lst if the stretch gets out of hand on the frisian dew

here's the frisian dew & trifle just flipped to 12/12 and here they are a week later they nearly doubled in size& still growing

Attachments

• IMG_20140603_134835.jpg
    IMG_20140603_134835.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20140608_065525.jpg
    IMG_20140608_065525.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20140613_065414.jpg
    IMG_20140613_065414.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It's now day 54 12/12 with these. Shark shock and shark crosses I made...

Just gonna start the final flush today. Should be ready for the chop in a little over a week. Not long now. Can't wait. I'm running outta my personal stash :p

It's now day 54 12/12 with these. Shark shock and shark crosses I made...

Just gonna start the final flush today. Should be ready for the chop in a little over a week. Not long now. Can't wait. I'm running outta my personal stash :p

yum yum:):) cant wait for mine to get to that stage ;)

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone has tried supernatural brand nutrients? I have been trying to dial it in but not 100% satisfied..... was thinking about switching up to G.H. but had a few questions..... are you guys using flora or flora-nova are you guys doing Lucas or back of the bottle.... I'm running hempy's 75/25 perl/verm..... just looking for better results. ..... i see no one has posted here for awhile so any help would be appreciated!

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone has tried supernatural brand nutrients? I have been trying to dial it in but not 100% satisfied..... was thinking about switching up to G.H. but had a few questions..... are you guys using flora or flora-nova are you guys doing Lucas or back of the bottle.... I'm running hempy's 75/25 perl/verm..... just looking for better results. ..... i see no one has posted here for awhile so any help would be appreciated!

I have used Hempy buckets, perlite & vermiculite, successfully with GH 3 part Flora line - gro, bloom, micro - I started using 1/2 of GH's recommended amounts on all strains. Have since modified amounts per my needs to specific strains etc.

Be Good, P77

Thanks p77 just so I'm 100% clear..... say for general purpose use in veg i would use 5ml micro 5ml grow 5ml bloom?? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question....

Back