The future of cannabis

Cheers Hootigh.
On perennial crops.
Growing weed as an annual crop doesn't involve any soil management that isn't necessary to other annual crops.
If the climate allows, the soil may grow one or two other crops per yea, as well.
Agroforestry is a good use of land, certainly.
Unless you can breed your perennial weed to be able to be copiced (clear cut to the ground) and it will regrow, you won't gain any labour advantage. Transplanting juvenile plants may take less effort than managing and harvesting a tree culture.
I'm just not sure it would suit many producers.
Certainly not anyone using bydropnic or intensive methods.
On finding a good plant for yourself.
I quite enjoy doing large seed selections.
I went through a breeding pack of nordle last year. 60+ and 50+ germs.
In those two runs I found a half a dozen plants that were outstanding. Very potent and almost unsmokable for some friends.
Do you need a massive amount of time space and resources to breed develop and fix a strain, also?
I think for small scale hobby breeders you could just work F1 generation.
Find an excellent male from a strain you enjoy, say a widow. Either an indica or sativs expression, depending on what you want the F1 hybrid to be. Then get hold of an unrelated and outstanding female cut. One that you enjoy.
Haze, herer, sensi star, god or anything that you enjoy the effect and taste of.
Then breed up some hybrid seed. If you find a cross you really enjoy, do two things.
Keep a donor of a plant that ticks the box for you.
This should keep you going at least ten years, if you treat her right, possibly 20+ if you are very lucky.
Secondly breed couple of thousand seed of the same cross. Then freeze them.
You should be able to get 60% germination rate from these seeds for as long as you will live.
Weed is like humans. Inbreeding cuts their potential quickly.
Fixing a strain allows you to breed truly, but also depresses their yield.
If you want potent vigorous plants, you can breed bespoke smoke in the F1; and then enjoy your gardening hobby in doing largish seed runs.
Fixing strains is for commercial seed producers.
Thanks for your response. It is good to see other people's approaches. If you continue with your plan to chemically mutate/develop your plants, I hope you get what you are looking for.
It's your hobby after all, you should invest your tine and effort in the way that satisfies you most.

I enjoy my bud mixed with fire. I only use pussy sticks in a an emergency where smoking is not an option.

I don’t understand all that fancy talk you are talking about but I for see the future of cannabis becoming fully legalized , and I don’t know if that’s a good thing . I see the industry being taken over by major corporations where one would have to pay out thousands and thousands of dollars for permits and licenses to do any thing so these few corporations will corner stone the market . I think we will also see these corporations put the choke hold on seed companies like mr.nice that produce seeds of actual breeding stock . I think seed prices will drop after that but all that will be available to the public is genetics that have been breed to produce only a certain amount of thc and cbd ,be feminized, and unable to clone and die after one season of growth. I think right now is a critical time for the underground to do two things one being start ones own seed bank , when I say this I mean collecting seeds by breeders that actually produce breeding stock of both male and female plants and maybe some feminsed if one is trying to find a desired trait at a faster rate but in my opinion right now it’s more crucial to purchase seeds that are and can be used for actual breeding stock . The second thing to do is where their maybe out door grows of new generically engineered strains is dropping ones produced seeds with in these genetically modified grows , but I think one may find that difficult because I imagine that these grows will be done indoors under very strict guidelines and environmental conditions.

Although i’m by no means a expert I did read a paper published by a researcher of the Utah state university on plant psychology under guidance of dr Bruce Bugbee.

I think this tread is oriented toward that more then the commercial prospects of herb in the future.

Regarding your answer,

I’n some countries legislation prohibits you to commercially grow certain crops if the seeds are not certified.
From sunflowers to tomatoes.

This is the case of cbd as i’m researching the commercial aspects of it.
In the EU as a commercial cannabis Sativa light or industrial hemp producer you have to buy seeds that are certified by EU regulation.
You can find lists of these seeds online.

I’m pretty confident companies like Monsanto just to name one will have a active role in this.

I don’t have a glass ball, but the decision taken in the past could be a hint of what the future will bring.

A lot may change in the near future because people are becoming freer and accepting a lot of things that were previously forbidden or not taken seriously by society and the government. Cannabis is now at the peak of its popularity and all because many companies distribute this product to many territories, for example, learn about this mono in https://www.sfexaminer.com/marketplace/what-makes-a-good-cannabis-strain/. High quality only fuels interest in this product, so definitely cannabis will be more available in the future

Hey,
I think that generally “younger” people are more open towards cannabis.
The generation born in the 80’s are now making there way up the political ladder which is still predominantly managed and controlled by people born in the 60’s (they are the party leaders) who still live with the mentality of weed is bad (check out my avatar lol).

Sadly politicians seem allergic to retirement so i personally think that until the class of the 1970/1980 will Be on top of the political piramid progress in terms of legalization in Europe will not be put in the fast lane.

A thing that could speed up this process could be that European legislators take notice of the revenue it’s generating in the states.

You got more going there than you realize. It’s all part of the journey. The early steps you took lead to the path of what you discovered later. Without it, would you have come to the same conclusions or had the level of interest to look deeper?
like school, I say my education didnt start until I left and was able to learn what I wanted (interests) needed to (work).. but without school education, I wouldn’t have had the ability to learn my interests or research deeper into them.. work, well that wouldn’t have been affected, I do grown up coloring in (house painter) so any child could learn that, lol. Although there is basic maths to use, labour x materials x tax, so school education until grade three is probably required 😂

You got more going there than you realize. It’s all part of the journey. The early steps you took lead to the path of what you discovered later. Without it, would you have come to the same conclusions or had the level of interest to look deeper?
like school, I say my education didnt start until I left and was able to learn what I wanted (interests) needed to (work).. but without school education, I wouldn’t have had the ability to learn my interests or research deeper into them.. work, well that wouldn’t have been affected, I do grown up coloring in (house painter) so any child could learn that, lol. Although there is basic maths to use, labour x materials x tax, so school education until grade three is probably required 😂

Hope you are paid well.
I worked with a father n sin Croat paint team.
Wild fellas.
Basically masking, doing cornices and filling as they ran sprayers.
At 6'3" I felt I was always about to press through the ceiling.
If it's your own gig, good on you , you would be banking well, at least

Yeah for myself.. all going to bank at the moment, nowhere to spend it in Victoria, although we just opened up again today.. And my little towns already tourists..
I couldn’t work for anyone anymore, been to long..Semi independent, few years left with minimum repayments. Not worth paying extra, interest rates so low. need buy another one though, for superannuation. I haven’t added to that since late 90’s, so I’ll need something so I can one day retire..
I’m a short ass, milk crates come in handy 😂

Yeah for myself.. all going to bank at the moment, nowhere to spend it in Victoria, although we just opened up again today.. And my little towns already tourists..
I couldn’t work for anyone anymore, been to long..Semi independent, few years left with minimum repayments. Not worth paying extra, interest rates so low. need buy another one though, for superannuation. I haven’t added to that since late 90’s, so I’ll need something so I can one day retire..
I’m a short ass, milk crates come in handy 😂
Is your town full of tourist too?
Down here in margerat river so many tourist now that no one does tastings of food at their business anymore.
Just line up to pay
Place is almost like Byron bay.
It's pretty down here, but way too many people.

Margret River, man, place I’ve always wanted to travel to. Biggest wave I’ve ever seen on tv was there. Lucky man. I’ve had the thought forever that I’ll prolly move to Esperance or Albany one day. 20 years ago friends went over and said best place they travelled through.Probably massive tourist towns now. looks like arts loving picture perfect places from pics I’ve seen..yeah we getting smashed with tourists. Melbournes been locked up for few months, only leave house for exercise 5km limit. Now that’s ended, everyone’s going somewhere. Borders still closed to Victorians, so all the coastal holiday spots are filling up.

Margret River, man, place I’ve always wanted to travel to. Biggest wave I’ve ever seen on tv was there. Lucky man. I’ve had the thought forever that I’ll prolly move to Esperance or Albany one day. 20 years ago friends went over and said best place they travelled through.Probably massive tourist towns now. looks like arts loving picture perfect places from pics I’ve seen..yeah we getting smashed with tourists. Melbournes been locked up for few months, only leave house for exercise 5km limit. Now that’s ended, everyone’s going somewhere. Borders still closed to Victorians, so all the coastal holiday spots are filling up.

Yeah, you guys in Victoria did it tough.
Your second lock down really sucked
No community transmission at all, though now.
I think you guys haven't had a single case in at least a week in the whole state.

Albany is an incredible place.
It's grown a lot bigger, with people sea changing, but you would fit in.
Anything to do with house building is a goer around here, because of the amount of people moving to south west.
Esperance has the nicest beaches ever, really long and quite protected.
Lot of really good fishing also, just don't put your toe into the southern ocean, or a great white will bite your foot off 😂

Last edited:
The future of cannabis is full of intrigue and seemingly endless possibilities.

I see a space for non THC dominant type plants to find the masses. Plants rich in cannabinoids like CBD and CBG while having minimal THC, all the while bred for flavor and taste. Stuff that tastes and smokes like kush, sour d, or haze without the THC experience.

For THC rich varieties I see line breeding and stabilization towards more modest THC percentages. Instead of 31% thc and miniman CBD or other cannabinoids I see things like 8-14% THC with accompanying cannabinoids like CBD and CBG also in the 8-14% range. I'm imagining a line right now with 10% THC 10% CBD and 10% CBG along with deliciously curated terpene profiles.

Botanical Drug Substances, also known as BDS. They will be the future of medicinalized cannabis. Grown internationally in places where it's currently prohibited, it will be allowed to flourish.

There will be a ton of cash grabs with products that are disingenous as well as passionate and endearing projects from compassionate and loving humans.

Edibles and beverages will be a huge percentage of the market. Marketing, retail space, and licensing will remain king. I just hope this current cookies craze will fade away and look forward to more niche products emerging as a sort of throwback to the golden ages of cannabis. Stuff before my time, thai sticks, panama red, wacky weed, punta rojo, lambsbread, oaxacan, ect.

The theraputic benefits have tremendous upside in terms of cannabinoids other than the psychoactive THC while THC will always have it's place in medicine I think recreationally more people will start moving towards less THC and more CBD/CBG/CBC ect. Much love.

I believe that the future of cannabis sounds good! I don't know if it would be appropriate to compare it, but still, to me, the way that society has shaped its opinion regarding cannabis can only be compared to the social changes we currently face in our society, such as the black lives matter movement, #metoo movement, and views on gay marriages and transgender people. Imagine someone seriously talking about legalizing marijuana. It would be as impossible as to believe that gay marriages will ever be allowed. Here we are in 2021, and you've got Venice Beach Marijuana Dispensary, a great place for marijuana lovers, and people are more and more open about it. So yeah, the future sounds good!

Last edited:
I don't know, I'm a millinial I think and I prefer bud as do a lot of people my age. Old people smoke them pens too, I know several people over 50 who don't even buy bud anymore.

Of course I've been growing weed my entire adult life and don't intend to stop. I just like smoking joints and hash especially dry sieve. Pens meh, never liked them though I never liked vaping to begin with just seems kind of gay to me. Lol
Me too.

Back