Pheno H
100MEDIA36IMAG0247-1.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0250-1.jpg

Pheno I
100MEDIA36IMAG0252-1.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0253-1.jpg

Pheno J

Last edited:
Hi,lovely goods,does it stink in veg and where could i get them seeds as sweet n sour is my fav aroma.peace

They emitt a strong, skunky odor at times. I think Attitude and Seedsman are selling packs of 5. They have been available through the auction site also. I only see CBD fems there at the moment.

Peace

Day 42 of veg

2012-06-27_14_39_53.jpg

Peruvian Seabird tea with worm castings, kelp meal, molasses and humic acid
2012-06-27_00_07_31-1.jpg

2012-06-27_00_12_40.jpg

2012-06-27_00_25_02.jpg

Ive topdressed each plant with a half tbls of Mexican bat guano to hold them over until the tea is finished. They are showing some signs on N deficiency and need to be transplanted into their flowering containers. I see 6 females and two males so far. A good ratio and I think I might get another female still. I am going to transplant them in a couple days, the guano will sustain till then. Im planning to flower them before the 9th week of veg. I want them to establish after the transplant first. They smell great and are all-around gorgeous plants.

Peace

Great Looking Plants!

Hello There, TonyG... Those plants look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I especially like (B), looks really special. They will all be special. I will follow this for sure. Great Job. peace, resinbud ;)

Hey Tony. Man looking good there. And there are nutrient hogs. so give em all ya got . A 75% female to male is about average. take care

Last edited:

All of the plants are presexing, except pheno E. I can confirm 4 females(A,B,G,H)and 1 male(C) so far. Im leaning towards females for phenos D,F, and I. Pheno J is probably a male, but I should know for sure in a couple days.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony,

Beautiful plants, I'm always impressed with your grows and the way you put your threads together.

Are you going to make any f2's? So far it's looking like your female/male ratio is leaning to the high female side (always a good thing). It would be interesting to see what the male's would test out at the lab for cannabinoids (if even possible). You probably wouldn't see much in volumes, but you should see ratios.

As far as testing them (males), I guess the question is when do you do it...pre-drop, when dropping, etc. And there's also the additional cost.

I know this is a test grow, but I'm sure your taking cuts. Just wanted to throw this out there before you culled any males.

Bh

Resinbud,

Thanks bro. I have good feelings about this grow. They are really starting to take off and it wasnt until tonight that they recieved their first feeding. I diluted the 5 gals of guano tea at 3:1 with RO water. Then added 100 ml of enzymes to the mix. I wanted to show a ppm reading, but my E.C meter just crapped out on me. After steeping for 72 hours,at this ratio, usually reads around 700 ppm and rises almost 100 everday for the next three. Im going to transplant tomorrow and induce within the next 7 days. Let the real test begin:D
Peace

Hey BH,

I definitely wont cull anything unless a lady decides to herm. I was going to run the test grow first before attempting to make f2's, but I might be able to dust something else in the meantime. Actually, I find out Monday whether or not I am going to have enough time to flower my 3 NH ladies before I have to move. I also have 2 Walkabout girls that I could flower. (3 male Walkabouts) All untested, but....what do you think? Interesting thought non the less:)

Having the males tested is a good idea. My wife was reading HASHISH the other day and it said that a male drops very potent resin, right when the flower opens. Small amounts.(Anyone please feel free to elaborate on or correct that last statement regarding males dropping resin). Thanks for the compliments , as it is always nice to hear your thoughts and opinions. Respect.

Thats what I am seeing so far, rhino. Thanks for spreading some info about the strain. There is not too much available that I can find. Always welcomed bro.

Peace

my 3 NH ladies before I have to move. I also have 2 Walkabout girls that I could flower. (3 male Walkabouts) All untested, but....what do you think? Interesting thought non the less:)

Hi Tony,

Thoughts...I think this is when you shoot first and ask questions later. If you have things in flower or are going to flower, why not.

Not knowing the complete pedigree of Sweet & Sour Widow, you at least know there is widow in it. The strain description says it's 70/30 Indica/Sativa with 8.3% THC and 10.5% CBD. The unknowns are what it was combined with, where the CBD is coming from, and the methods used in the breeding.

NH and Walkabout are mostly sativa, so you would increase that in the ratio and probably increase the THC and lower the CBD (hypothetically). As a tester, you are kind of venturing into the unknown, meaning this strain being a regular variety offers the opportunity to do M/F crosses with a variety high in CBD (Shanti and/or the CBD Crew may have more to offer or some more knowledge on this).

Bh

Edit: I didn't mean to take the thread sideways, I guess I was thinking outloud. The key purpose of this thread is testing the strain and so far you are doing that well.

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

Thoughts...I think this is when you shoot first and ask questions later. If you have things in flower or are going to flower, why not.

Not knowing the complete pedigree of Sweet & Sour Widow, you at least know there is widow in it. The strain description says it's 70/30 Indica/Sativa with 8.3% THC and 10.5% CBD. The unknowns are what it was combined with, where the CBD is coming from, and the methods used in the breeding.

NH and Walkabout are mostly sativa, so you would increase that in the ratio and probably increase the THC and lower the CBD (hypothetically). As a tester, you are kind of venturing into the unknown, meaning this strain being a regular variety offers the opportunity to do M/F crosses with a variety high in CBD (Shanti and/or the CBD Crew may have more to offer or some more knowledge on this)

Bh

Edit: I didn't mean to take the thread sideways, I guess I was thinking outloud. The key purpose of this thread is testing the strain and so far you are doing that well.

Dont stress. Its a good topic for discussion. I have been contemplating this since I got the beans. I have the same thoughts about it as you. Knowing the genetics would help make decisions like this a little easier. Medicinal is always first on my list. Anyone out there ever cross NH with BW? Shanti, what do you think might result from cross breeding this strain?
At the moment, all this is is just a thought.:) F2's are priority above the rest.

Peace

Anyone out there ever cross NH with BW? Shanti, what do you think might result from cross breeding this strain?

Actually, I believe Shanti put that together in the past for specific peeps I think 07-08...Not sure on when, but he did & I'm jealous!

So a better question may be, How did they turn out;) & could I get'sum

Goodluck w/your work buddy, looking good!

-SD

Thanks smoke dream. Im suprised that there was no follow up on them. I appreciate you taking the time.
Peace

I transplanted all of the females on 7-1 into 3 gal grow bags. There turned out to be 8 females and 2 males. The phenos that are ladies are A,B,D,E(the whorled plant),G,H,I and J. The males are phenos C and F. Im using a simple soil mix of Happy Frog, worm castings and mexican bat guano. The roots were treated with ZHO root inoculant and the soil was soaked with the peruvian tea after tranplanting. I got my E.C. meter to work and took a reading on the peruvian tea, 1070 ppm. At the moment the are just getting RO water though.

I have to spend some time away from the forums to take care of some other issues. The plants are looking great and they are getting huge. My next post will be on day 1 of flower with pics and the whole 9 yards. Most of the girls are pushing 3 ft in height already, on day 50 of veg.

Peace to all

I had to move over 300 miles to a new house. Here are the plants along with a couple other strains. This pic was taken a when they first arrived.
2012-07-08_05_27_59.jpg

They've grown considerably since then. The flowering room is still under construction, but it's a big space and should accommodate these big plants perfectly. Sorry for the down time. I can post individual plant pics tomorrow night and get this thread back on track.

Peace

Last edited:
Day 69 of veg

2012-07-23_00_00_21.jpg

Pheno A-female
2012-07-23_00_02_57.jpg

Pheno B-female
2012-07-23_00_10_08.jpg

Pheno C-male
2012-07-23_00_11_38.jpg

Pheno D-female
2012-07-23_00_17_48.jpg

Pheno E-female
2012-07-23_00_21_23.jpg

Pheno F-male
2012-07-23_00_27_59.jpg

Pheno G-female
2012-07-23_00_30_19.jpg

Pheno H-female
2012-07-23_00_31_50.jpg

Pheno I-female
2012-07-23_00_35_22.jpg

Pheno J-female

Peace

Hey Tony,

Travelling 300 mile with all those girls! Your crazy man! :p

I have two Medicine Man girls outside that have that general branching/growing pattern seen in most of your girls...Neat to see the same traits carried through in different crosses...lookin' forward to the next update! Peace!

Hey Tony,

Hope you're getting settled after the move. Moving your garden was probably more of a task then moving the rest of your stuff.

Man you like big plants, how big is your flowering room going to be? Those are going to big considering the veg time (I'm sure the move had something to do with it).

It's interesting to see the 2 different phenos of the males. From what I can tell from the pics, it looks like you have one leaning indy and one leaning sat.

Bh

an old ed rosenthal book

was my first 'grow bible'.

there was a portion in there about the male being more potent just before flowering than the female. then when the female bud forms the female is weight to weight more potent.

i haven't seen anything new about that.

Hey Tony, lookin good. What are the smells doing a stem rub? This might lead to the answer to yer question. Ecsd has a very chem dog smell to it.

Greenfever,

Traveling that far was an adventure to say the least:) I would love to hear how the MM girls finish for you. Be well.

Peace

Bh,

Ya, I had to make a whole trip just for the plants. It was one of the most extensive moves I have ever made, but I think they are going to enjoy their new home more than the last. The flower room is 14'x19'x8'6". Bigger in every way than my last space. I will still need to tie down strains, like the NH I have ready to flip, from time to time. Thats ok though. I might vault one half of the ceiling some time down the road. That would give me an extra 4 feet at the tallest point.

I am happy that I have both indy and a sativa leaning male. I feel that pheno F(the indica dom male) is going to be a nice breeding male. It smells stronger than pheno C(sat leaning male). The shop I have now is big enough for me to build a few more rooms(8'x10' per room) and still have space left. So I intend to have a breeding room within the next 6 months, max. Take care, bro. :D

Bless

Thanks for the reference, Fated. Im trying to find the exact page in the Hashish book that I mentioned before. I'll keep looking.:) I found a pic showing male resin, but no text that elaborates on potency.

Peace

Hey rhinoman,

All the females produce a vicks vapor rub type smell. Some stronger than others. Pheno F(male) smells the same but stronger than the females and with an oily, smooth stem. Pheno C(the satty male) has a rough stem and produces little odor if any. I smoked a bowl of Chemdog 4D right after I did the smell test, and I was suprised with the similarities of the SnSW smells and the CD's taste. The CD has a cool feeling in my throat when I smoked
it and the dominant taste of the Chem was very similar to the smell of the vegging widows.Thanks for that post brother. It was a fun little experiment.:)

Respect

Back